IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

On 3/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, dairyfreelife said:

Israel and Brook Wayne's 10th was a boy, Caedmon. He was born either the 4th or 5th of January. 

My fundie - yet confused - cousin named her son Caedmon. No one in my family knew how to pronounce it - never mind where it came from. She was so offended by the questions, she unfriended the aunts (my mom & aunts) on Facebook. She didn't unfriend me because I never said anyting. But, she knows I'm "there" because now, almost 3 years later, she still directs posts to those she unfriended in the typical passive-agressive way. I guess because - how dare some lowly non Baptist fundie question her? 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Has there been any news about Melanie Wong (nee Thomas)? Or Brittany Ingalls (nee Alexander)? 

Rebekah Krahn's FB hasn't been updated since the 9th and she's been on an anti-vax kick lately. She should be having her baby soon. 

Kate Wahlquist's blog is behind so no news about her baby that I have been able to find (due today I believe). 

Amy from Corner of Joy updated her blog after a long absence. She had her fourth child and first boy in January, Alexander.

http://cornerofjoy.blogspot.com/2019/03/oh-hi-there.html?m=1

Apparently she replaced her progesterone supplements with going gluten free, and it had the same hormonal effect? :shrug:

http://cornerofjoy.blogspot.com/2019/03/goodbye-gluten-and-infertility.html?m=1

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Has there been any news about Melanie Wong (nee Thomas)? Or Brittany Ingalls (nee Alexander)? 

Rebekah Krahn's FB hasn't been updated since the 9th and she's been on an anti-vax kick lately. She should be having her baby soon. 

Kate Wahlquist's blog is behind so no news about her baby that I have been able to find (due today I believe). 

Brittany was due February 12, Melanie was due March 22, and Kate was due March 23 but I haven’t heard anything from them.

I have no idea who Rebekah Krahn is.

8 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Not sure on the date of birth or name, but Brittany and Johnny's daughter has been born:

Spoiler

image.png.cd01e3d98e574abeadb3adda8d1dd4fc.png

Picture is from the senior Barry family's public blog, but since they inexplicably chose to refer to Brittany and Johnny as an anonymous "sweet couple from church", I figure it's best to put it in a spoiler.

Edited by SolomonFundy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Brittany was due February 12, Melanie was due March 22, and Kate was due March 23 but I haven’t heard anything from them.

I have no idea who Rebekah Krahn is.

Melanie and Kate are still pregnant according to IG.

ETA: Come on, Barrys. Brittany is your son's SIL, she's not just some stranger.

Edited by albireo
I have feelings about this
  • Upvote 3

I agree that it’s weird to refer to them in that way. They are your son’s family by marriage. This reminds me of something Steve and Teri Maxwell would do on their family blog.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Not sure on the date of birth or name, but Brittany and Johnny's daughter has been born:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.cd01e3d98e574abeadb3adda8d1dd4fc.png

Picture is from the senior Barry family's public blog, but since they inexplicably chose to refer to Brittany and Johnny as an anonymous "sweet couple from church", I figure it's best to put it in a spoiler.

That's really strange. The baby looks cute and appears healthy so hope she is. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that it’s weird to refer to them in that way. They are your son’s family by marriage. This reminds me of something Steve and Teri Maxwell would do on their family blog.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. I'm not familiar enough with the Barrys to make a judgement on their level of possessiveness or passive-aggressiveness (not that ANYONE could compete with Steve on either count), but from a social perspective, it's a very strange thing to do. My assumption is that, for whatever reason, Brittany and Johnny had privacy concerns and preferred to not be named on the blog. 

They've been featured on the blog a couple of other times, and their names are never given. There's a really nice pic of them from Bree's wedding to Mark, and they went to the effort to say that the couple would be "the next to marry", but... no names or claims to relation.

In other news, Camille Lane was born this afternoon at 5:40, per Bethany's instagram.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

In other news, Camille Lane was born this afternoon at 5:40, per Bethany's instagram.

Does anyone have a middle name for the one before, Caleb - he's the only smorton I'm missing one for? 

Hopefully all is well for babys sake. She's had a rough time of it before. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, lexiloumarie said:

Does anyone have a middle name for the one before, Caleb - he's the only smorton I'm missing one for? 

His middle name is Hester. Pretty sure I got it from her IG.

5 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Hopefully all is well for babys sake. She's had a rough time of it before. 

Seconded. I remember Beth saying somewhere this was her easiest pregnancy yet, and at least she made it to early term with Camille (28 weeks on January 15, so Camille was born at 37+5). 6 lbs 12 oz, so a decently sized kid.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Hester? For a boy? Or it is from a last name maybe?

What are the other Lane kids' middle names? 

ETA: Never mind, I see it on the fundie wiki.

Edited by anjulibai

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Hester? For a boy? Or it is from a last name maybe?

What are the other Lane kids' middle names? 

Lewis Daniel, Lynnora Jean, London Elizabeth, and Camille Alexandria. 

Lewis is Danny's name, he's a third I believe or fourth. Lynn is Beth's middle name. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the next will be a C name. So then they have three L’s in a row and three C’s in a row.

• Upvote 3

That's what I wondered, too. Then, will they go back to L names for the 7th baby, or pick another letter? 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That's what I wondered, too. Then, will they go back to L names for the 7th baby, or pick another letter? 

I hope they pick another letter. I think it’s hard to find lots of names you love with the same first letter. Look at the Duggars. I bet they didn’t both love every one of those J names. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope they pick another letter. I think it’s hard to find lots of names you love with the same first letter. Look at the Duggars. I bet they didn’t both love every one of those J names. 

They clearly cared more about the J-pattern than about the actual names. Otherwise I can't explain why they chose Jinger. She was 'only' their 6th kid and they still had plenty of beautiful J-options: Johannah, Joy, Judith, Julia, etc.

• Upvote 5

I think I remember Michelle saying she had always liked the name Ginger, and wanted to use it, so she just change the first g to a j. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Rebekah Krahn had her baby, a daughter named Ilana Joyce. I don't know when, probably in the beginning of march.....

And in the same post, Krahn family revealed that Naomi (Krahn) Satchwill is pregnant with the 6th child and she should be having her baby soon. 

https://greenpasturesfarm.blogspot.com/

Edited by Hortense Peyrac
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I think I remember Michelle saying she had always liked the name Ginger, and wanted to use it, so she just change the first g to a j. 

Have the Duggar parents ever confirmed why they went with J?  I've always thought that they used J because it's Jim-Boob's first initial and of course since he's the man he is the important parent.  Michelle is just a lowly woman and of course they wouldn't even think of naming a child in her honor! (Insert heavy sarcasm font here)

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Have the Duggar parents ever confirmed why they went with J?  I've always thought that they used J because it's Jim-Boob's first initial and of course since he's the man he is the important parent.  Michelle is just a lowly woman and of course they wouldn't even think of naming a child in her honor! (Insert heavy sarcasm font here)

I hope I’m remembering this correctly. I believe they said they just picked Joshua because they loved the name. Then they loved the names John and Jana for the twins. After that, they decided they would just do them all J letters. Because if they went with another letter and that child happened to be the last one god gave them, then they would be the odd one out. 

I will add that my name, my husband’s name, and my older son’s name all start with the same letter. But our younger son has a name that starts with a different letter. He’s the odd one out. But we just tell him he is special to have a name that starts with a different letter. We never tell him he’s the odd one out. There was a very strong push for us to name our younger child to match the rest of us. I said no way right from the start of my pregnancy. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope I’m remembering this correctly. I believe they said they just picked Joshua because they loved the name. Then they loved the names John and Jana for the twins. After that, they decided they would just do them all J letters. Because if they went with another letter and that child happened to be the last one god gave them, then they would be the odd one out. 

Just adding my two cents/confirmation that this is also what I remember them saying. I think the idea that they chose J for Jim Bob may have come from Josh and Anna, because I'm pretty sure Josh did say at some point that they were using M names to honour his mother. But I don't ever remember hearing Jim Bob and Michelle say that they chose J for any reason other than it was the letter they used for their first three children, and they didn't want any others to feel left out. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Is there just a names thread? I find people’s Reasons for names interesting. For us, our last name is very Eastern European and hard to guess here in the US. We could either go with ethnic names or biblical that would sound decent in our opinion. Hubby thought the difficult last name was bad enough so we went Biblical and middle names honor family members. Not a certain letter but we had a pattern and reasons behind it. I find that kind of thing interesting!

Edited by EyesOpen
  • Upvote 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic