IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

I know someone whose first name is Indiana, and middle name is Indy. I... can't even begin to figure out what the parents were thinking.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3

17 hours ago, Bethella said:

@anjulibai I couldn't find anything that said if they were fraternal or identical. I'm going entirely on looks which admittedly can be deceiving. 

FWIW, I’ve noticed that the two surviving triplets from Three Identical Strangers look quite different now.

• Upvote 3

As far as states go, Indiana isn't such a bad name. Other than Indiana Jones, I've seen it as a women's first name.

I know a couple of people who have place names as middle names and I kind of like the idea. As long as you're not from, say, New Jersey or the District of Columbia.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

FWIW, I’ve noticed that the two surviving triplets from Three Identical Strangers look quite different now.

Most identical twins that I’ve known have grown up to look quite different. When we were in school it was harder to tell the difference. But as adults it’s very easy to tell. They live different lives so it makes sense. Their exposure to the sun is different. Their drug or alcohol consumption is different. They eat differently so their weight is often different. Scarring and other damage can be different as well. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So she’s Dakota and their son is Indiana. I guess they like names that are also places in the US. 

As long as they aren't named for the state in which they were conceived. I have heard of this.

24 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

19 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I know someone whose first name is Indiana, and middle name is Indy. I... can't even begin to figure out what the parents were thinking.

I can see parents who are huge Indy car racing fans naming a child in honor of the Indianapolis 500. It wouldn't be any more different than Female or ESPN.

• Upvote 1

Just to complicate twin matters, there is also such thing as 'semi-identical' twins. Similar to identical twins, it's not genetic and a fluke around the time of conception. I'm not sure how common it is but I know a set (two little boys) and their parents always debated whether they were identical or fraternal. The Dad thought identical and was convinced on this, the mom thought fraternal and she was convinced of that. The debate was a running joke of sorts. I personally thought they were fraternal as I found it very easy to tell them apart as an adult who spent a lot of time with them (but I thought that from the time I first met them). They were also in separate sacs and didn't share a placenta, which is more common with fraternal twins but it can happen with identical twins too so it's not overwhelming evidence. There was no family history of twins on either side. 

When the boys were about 3 or 4, their grandmother suggested she pay for a DNA test in the middle of one of these fake-competitive arguments and she'd pay for the winning parent to have a weekend away- probably a spa weekend for the mom or a weekend to see an out of town football game for dad. So it was sent off and we waited and then one afternoon when I was at their house, the results came in the mail. The grandmother and I opened it together with the parents and their older son bouncing up and down in front of us, teasing each other about what they'd do when they 'won' and the grandmother and I had been laughing as we scanned this piece of paper and then we stopped and she said to me, "Should we go out the back to read this in full?" Because we were starting to realize that the boys were neither one exactly and because it wasn't what we were expecting, we wanted to read it properly.

Semi-identical is when one egg is fertilized by two sperm and then splits. Or splits and then both halves are fertilized? I don't know that anyone is super sure on the exact timing but they aren't identical because each twin was created by a different sperm from the father (so genetically different) but they are not fraternal because their genetics from their mother are exactly the same because same egg but split. The parents ended up having a weekend away together after their shock of their boys not being either/or ?

Fraternal twins run on both sides of my family- my paternal grandmother had boy/girl twins, my paternal grandfather was a fraternal twin to his sister, my biological maternal grandmother had fraternal girl/girl twins, my paternal grandfather's youngest sister had fraternal boy/girl twins, my mother's biological half sister (not a twin herself) has fraternal girl/girl twins, and my Dad's sister has fraternal boy/boy twins. I will be the oldest female in my family that I know of to ever have their first pregnancy that results in a living child even if I got pregnant today (I had a late-term miscarriage at 22) and I'll be 30 next month so my odds are higher due to age and the genetics for releasing two eggs coming in all directions towards me. All of the fraternal twins born in my family have been born towards the end of the sibling order, and all mothers >30 when they fell pregnant with twins. It terrifies me.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

@Aine that was really interesting!  I had never heard of that and now I've learned something.

@NachosFlandersStyle I do know quite a few people that have Tex in their name somewhere, and there are lots of Austin, Houston, etc. Texas related names.

• Upvote 2

I have heard of one egg splitting, then each “half” being fertilized separately(usually, it’s the other way around), but it’s pretty rare.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Bambi Moore is expecting her tenth/11th? in August per her IG.

Who is she?

44 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I have heard of one egg splitting, then each “half” being fertilized separately(usually, it’s the other way around), but it’s pretty rare.

I did some some Googling and it does seem super rare but it's also not widely tested. I read some sources that say they wonder if it will be found to be more common now that DNA testing is more readily available. This all happened in late 2011/early 2012. They did go through some sort of company in Australia and I'm not sure of the reliability. That is what the paperwork said, I was caught up in the confusion that it wasn't saying one or the other and then all the commotion over no one being correct. The family only really cared as a curiosity really as both boys had significant medical issues so that was the priority. Their DNA was significantly more similar to each other than they were to their older brother or their infant brother by a large amount but not identical. Both parents sent in their DNA too. Now that things like Ancestry DNA and 23andMe and things are available, maybe more will be found and/or if there was another explanation it will be found.

It was just a weird turn to the whole story that made us all go 'huh' at the time. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 3

Sierra Dominguez commented on instagram a couple days ago that she is "halfway through" which puts her due October maybe September? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Michelle Duggar always wanted the Holy grail of Twin Girls.  Note to Waller’s: if she shows up with Tator Tot casserole and a huge Smile hide them quick. Betcha Mama Duggar could spirit the girls  away under in her old Breast friend cover up.Picture a fundie Carmen Sandiego.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

According to Elizabeth Daming's IG, Monica and David Brown have had another baby, named James. 

Spoiler

Edited by albireo
spoiler tagging
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

What is that now - #6? It's been so long that I wouldn't be shocked that it is #7 or #8?

Regardless of which number the offspring/warrior for christ it is...I guess the Brown concepts hold strong and the babies will keep coming.

When Kelly produuces from her secone marriage, will they restart the count? 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

What is that now - #6? It's been so long that I wouldn't be shocked that it is #7 or #8?

Regardless of which number the offspring/warrior for christ it is...I guess the Brown concepts hold strong and the babies will keep coming.

When Kelly produuces from her secone marriage, will they restart the count? 

I think it's #7? They've slowed a little but the babies keep coming.

Has anyone heard anything about Kelly recently?

• I Agree 1

wow...That's what you get with patriarchy. a man who thinks he knows more than the doctors, who is more worried about his feelings than a healthy mama and babies and a wife who just reminds him ( sweetly)  to trust the Lord. Glad the babies and Valerie are fine, hope they cannot have any more. She sounds like she has had a hard time of it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Here’s Adam Waller himself on the twin pregnancy:

http://joyfullservice.com/2019/05/a-double-blessing/

It sure takes a lot of Scripture and personal leading from God to get a man to accept that his wife needs a C section! Glad God put in the time required.

(Seriously, I am glad Valerie and babies are doing well)

It seems he was way more upset about the possibility of a c-section than Valerie! If she can be ok with having surgery on her body, then her husband can too. He said he thinks the girls made it full term and healthy due to all the great prayer warriors in their church. No dude, it was the prescription medication  that did it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

Yikes. The post also says Valerie had 2 miscarriages before the twins that requires hospitalization. I hope he realizes his wife’s health is freaking important and doesn’t prioritize quivering over that. But I don’t expect much from fundie men so ??‍♀️??‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Yikes what an overbearing man. It’s like Valerie wasn’t even involved in her own pregnancy. And he thinks they got special treatment at the hospital because it wasn’t the negative experience he made up in his mind previously? Jeesh dude, how about reflecting that “maybe hospitals are better than I gave them credit for”. Ugh, the egos on these men never fail to surprise me. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

6 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Yikes what an overbearing man. It’s like Valerie wasn’t even involved in her own pregnancy. And he thinks they got special treatment at the hospital because it wasn’t the negative experience he made up in his mind previously? Jeesh dude, how about reflecting that “maybe hospitals are better than I gave them credit for”. Ugh, the egos on these men never fail to surprise me. 

I’ve seen it time and time again on FJ. They always seem so surprised that they had a good hospital experience. Even Nicole naugler admitted it. And she hates everyone and everything. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic