IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It seems like Valerie and Adam Waller had twin girls on April 27th!

I went looking for the registry when I noticed that Valerie had something about twins on her Pinterest and I found it. They confirmed the birth there but they haven’t written any thing on the family blog

Hide contents

972C2C96-201C-4FA2-91C6-79A35BCF62DE.thumb.jpeg.11637d90273d740b9bddbba2f03e35ba.jpeg

DB73F978-08B0-4743-BF50-B0B60ED41B3B.thumb.jpeg.00714f885755790c9c60c813ef26c630.jpeg

https://www.babylist.com/baby-valerie-waller

Luckily, those two aren’t super fertile and they are older. So even though they had twins, they   Likely won’t even hit double digits. 

• Upvote 5

Wow, this is shaping up to be quite the year for twins! And these are the first girls out of three pairs. I wonder if there will be more?

• Upvote 4

Oh wow, I would not have expected twins from them, but then again, Valerie is 37, and twins are more common among older mothers. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It seems like Valerie and Adam Waller had twin girls on April 27th!

I went looking for the registry when I noticed that Valerie had something about twins on her Pinterest and I found it. They confirmed the birth there but they haven’t written any thing on the family blog

Reveal hidden contents

972C2C96-201C-4FA2-91C6-79A35BCF62DE.thumb.jpeg.11637d90273d740b9bddbba2f03e35ba.jpeg

DB73F978-08B0-4743-BF50-B0B60ED41B3B.thumb.jpeg.00714f885755790c9c60c813ef26c630.jpeg

https://www.babylist.com/baby-valerie-waller

Fortunately Valerie's fertility allows her a little breathing room between babies, although I think this means she'll still have four children under six years of age.  Don't think Abigail turns six until September.  I checked the Mueller family blog (Valerie's fam) but they don't have anything posted yet which is kind of unusual for them.  Interestingly her sister Holly Beth just graduated from a real community college with a real nursing degree; apparently she graduated with honors too and now wants to pursue Certified Nurse Midwifery.  Which is fine since it appears she's getting a legitimate education.  Maybe some fundie families are opening the door to education just a teeny bit for their daughters, albeit in "approved" arenas.

• Upvote 11

The recent fundie twins have been to small families. That’s definitely a good thing. JRod, Zoo, Braggie, or Courtney right now would be awful. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Oh wow, I would not have expected twins from them, but then again, Valerie is 37, and twins are more common among older mothers. 

Why not? Adam is a twin, so their chances are higher  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Why not? Adam is a twin, so their chances are higher  

It doesn’t matter that Adam is a twin. It would matter if Valerie was a twin. It only matters on the mother’s side. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It doesn’t matter that Adam is a twin. It would matter if Valerie was a twin. It only matters on the mother’s side. 

Yup. 

Of course, Adam's daughters our now more likely to have twins, since they have his genes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

We have a family friend. He & his wife had twins (boy & girl) in 2011.  The guy’s mother-in-law has a twin brother. So it skipped a generation & her daughter had twins. 

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yup. 

Of course, Adam's daughters our now more likely to have twins, since they have his genes. 

That's assuming that Adam and Isaac were fraternal twins. In the pictures they look identical to me and identical twins aren't hereditary.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks, makes sense too... 

See, you even learn things on freejinger, besides which fundie is hooking up with who :)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Bethella said:

That's assuming that Adam and Isaac were fraternal twins. In the pictures they look identical to me and identical twins aren't hereditary.

Hmm, I always thought they were fraternal, but I guess I am mistaken.

• Upvote 1

You often can’t tell if they are identical by looks alone. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have said they are fraternal but they looked a lot alike when they were kids. They look different now. But that might be because of some plastic surgery. Siblings can look so much alike but aren’t identical twins.

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You often can’t tell if they are identical by looks alone. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have said they are fraternal but they looked a lot alike when they were kids. They look different now. But that might be because of some plastic surgery. Siblings can look so much alike but aren’t identical twins.

This is definitely true. I played soccer as a child with a twin girls who looked a lot alike. People thought they were identical, but they were actually fraternal. I babysat identical twin girls when I was in high school and their dad's brother also had a set of identical twins (boys). Genetics say it's a just a fluke, but I always thought was interesting. 

• Upvote 7

There's a picture of on the fundie wiki that shows Adam and Isaac when they were probably about 9 and a picture of Samuel when he was about 12/13. Samuel looks just like both Adam and Isaac - like he was their much, much younger triplet. I think Adam and Isaac do look very, very similar, but there are enough to differences, at least to my eyes, that make me doubt they are identical. Hard to say. 

I knew a girl in middle school and high school who had a two years younger sister that looked just like her. The older they got, the more identical they became. 

• Upvote 5

@anjulibai I couldn't find anything that said if they were fraternal or identical. I'm going entirely on looks which admittedly can be deceiving. 

• Upvote 3

Dakota and Thomas Paine has their son Judah Indiana yesterday

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Indiana? 

Indiana was the dog's name!  (Indiana Jones reference, sorry I could not resist.)

My mom was a twin, her twin was either stillborn or died right after birth.  She was told that her daughters could have twins but that it was more likely her granddaughters would, if her daughters had girls.  I had one girl, who probably will not have children.  My sister has one girl who has given indications that she might not have children.

• Upvote 8

Those twins are very healthy weights!  I'm happy for them.

My mother's grandmother or grandfather was a twin; my mother's sister had twins but one was either stillborn or died shortly after birth (I was very young, so only remember vaguely); the surviving twin has organs on opposite side, so maybe mirror twins?  She was always special needs, but autism wasn't a known diagnosis in those years.  She did marry and have a child, then divorced; her older sister is her guardian.  She is in her 70's now and her only son verbally abuses her when she doesn't give him (inherited)  money when he asks.

The last two generations have held our breaths, but no further twins.   My daughter has two daughters that are too young; my brother's daughter hasn't started having children yet.

Edited by SoSoNosy
add.
  • Upvote 2

My sisters and I were a surprise when we popped up on the ultrasound because there was no known history of multiple births on either side of the family, other than I think a great-aunt may have had a twin who was stillborn. Meanwhile, my husband’s dad and grandma are/were both fraternal twins, but that won’t affect whether or not I have twins (if I ever manage to get pregnant...) Only the fact that I’m a triplet will, I assume, affect my chances. My sisters and I are two identical, one fraternal.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, hasunah said:

To go with Dakota ?

She commented on her on IG post and said that her husband got to choose the middle name and that he grew up in Indiana for some time.

Somehow her hashtags really annoyed me: #2under2 and #14monthsapart. Feels like typical quiverfull-fundie-mother bragging. 

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Dakota and Thomas Paine has their son Judah Indiana yesterday

So she’s Dakota and their son is Indiana. I guess they like names that are also places in the US. 

• Upvote 5

Side note - I used to work with a woman who's grandson was named Indy (I'm not sure if that was his nickname for Indiana or if his given name was Indy though). Every time she talked about little Indy I actually thought it was super cute (he was also a SUPER cute baby/toddler)!  We considered naming our second cat Indy, but went with Stitch instead (our furbabies have subtle Disney names, the only name theme we'll have for our family). Honestly, Stitch was the most fitting name for that little rascal.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic