IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve always loved the name Vivian.

I love the name too! I slightly prefer the spelling Vivienne but it's one of my perennial favorites. It seems mismatched with Danielle as a middle name though but it's a pretty name.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Aine said:

I love the name too! I slightly prefer the spelling Vivienne but it's one of my perennial favorites. It seems mismatched with Danielle as a middle name though but it's a pretty name.

Agree on both the spelling and the two names seeming mismatched. 

I always wonder about people who have a string of boys and then when they finally have a girl give her a name that is a version of a boy name. I don't dislike the name Danielle, but I would have thought after three boys they would pick something more feminine for Vivian's middle name. There's a fundie-ish family I know who had four boys and then a girl whose first name is Samuelle. Why would you do that?? It's certainly not because they were fans of Samuelle Prater.

10 hours ago, Sister Mozz said:

Agree on both the spelling and the two names seeming mismatched. 

I always wonder about people who have a string of boys and then when they finally have a girl give her a name that is a version of a boy name. I don't dislike the name Danielle, but I would have thought after three boys they would pick something more feminine for Vivian's middle name. There's a fundie-ish family I know who had four boys and then a girl whose first name is Samuelle. Why would you do that?? It's certainly not because they were fans of Samuelle Prater.

Danielle could be Kaeleigh’s middle name. She was born in the 80s and that was a fairly popular name back then. 

Annalise Metzger Jordan is pregnant again. She’s probably going to rival her mother in pregnancies. Last time Annalise announced extremely early so her due date is probably awhile off. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, Sister Mozz said:

I think the mismatch to me is that Danielle is dated to my general age group- I know so many and went to school with boatloads- whereas Vivian had its heyday about 50-60 years before that and is having a revival again now.  Vivian is more a "rediscovered" name and Danielle is Vivian's mother that has contributed to the new spike in popularity ;)  

At least the family you know used Samuelle and didn't bestow the child with an actual masculine name- like James or even Samuel. 

Perhaps they just liked Samuelle? Theodora is among my favorite names and while I like Theodore as a boy's name, it's never been a name I could see myself using or considering using. I'm not a fan of actual masculine names on girls because I think it's the opposite of being a feminist- like I want a strong name for my daughter...so clearly that is a male name? Also, names don't switch genders in the opposite direction. It doesn't jive with my own logic but to each their own. I think there are plenty of strong sounding female names and the names that have always appealed to me to use for my own hypothetical kid usually fall into that category. I think Isabella is a very pretty name but it's 'too pretty' for me to ever feel comfortable using. Edith, Harriet, Theodora, and Bridget though? That would feel natural coming out of my mouth :) 

• Upvote 1

here is the reason behind Deborah

Background behind the name (from Nathan):
Deborah means a warrior, victor, fighter. It also means a bee—a creature that creates fruitfulness and beauty.

We have traditionally done character middle names for the girls. Carol is a song, a joy. Carol is also the middle name of a grandma and aunt, as well as a late great great grandma’s first name. Our desire is that she would create beauty and joy while being a fighter for Jesus Christ.

Maxwell's name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Actual translation:

It was the most typical, white-sounding female name that appears in the KJV that starts with the letter "D". 

If the name meant "upside down pineapple cake", they'd have used it with the same criteria guiding them.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Actual translation:

It was the most typical, white-sounding female name that appears in the KJV that starts with the letter "D". 

If the name meant "upside down pineapple cake", they'd have used it with the same criteria guiding them.

And, they'd create an imaginary, godly meaning for it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

“Our desire is that she would be sweet as a pineapple while turning the world upside down for Jesus Christ”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21
  • Love 3

"We have a long tradition of pineapples in the family, so though we usually prefer to use vegetable names for our girls, we made an exception. We covet your prayers for Pineapple Futurewomb."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

Pineapples remind me of a mug we have.

Spoiler

large_0dda0b9a-c5bb-4d9e-b40b-f90ca771599e.jpeg.jpg.e65f77eabef704116725afd9b816eb3f.jpg

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Lauren Duggar is pregnant and due in the autumn.

A lot of people suspected she was pregnant so this isn’t a surprise. 

The biggest surprise (imo) is that JD and Abbie haven’t announced yet. I assumed they would by now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A lot of people suspected she was pregnant so this isn’t a surprise. 

The biggest surprise (imo) is that JD and Abbie haven’t announced yet. I assumed they would by now. 

Yeah, the last couple announcements I was sure one was going to be Abbie. I really won't be surprised if she's next.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Welp, Babyageddon is happening - 5 babies to born this year. I bet Abby will announce a pregnancy within the next two months. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Welp, Babyageddon is happening - 5 babies to born this year. I bet Abby will announce a pregnancy within the next two months. 

I guessed 6 Duggar babies for 2018. Come on Abbie! Don’t make me wrong!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I guessed 7, so Abby and Jill need to make an announcement so I'm not wrong!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

So many of my baby-related fundie predictions came/are coming true this year! I can't remember whether I guessed Jill would get pregnant or not but I definitely guessed Abbie would have a baby this year (as well as all the other Duggars who have announced) so I really hope she's next to announce. Think I guessed Jinger would get pregnant this year too but not have the baby before next year.

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think I guessed 7, so Abby and Jill need to make an announcement so I'm not wrong!

I think Jill might be holding off because of Law School. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if her next pregnancy due date aligned with Derrick’s graduation. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Jill might be holding off because of Law School. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if her next pregnancy due date aligned with Derrick’s graduation. 

I wouldn't be surprised, either, but I'm not sure it'd be her decision as much as Derrick's. 

Plus, I'm not 100% convinced Derrick won't drop law school in the next year. 

• Upvote 10

Just now, anjulibai said:

I wouldn't be surprised, either, but I'm not sure it'd be her decision as much as Derrick's. 

Plus, I'm not 100% convinced Derrick won't drop law school in the next year. 

True. He seems to just quit when things get tough. 

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol, think you mean 2019, no? 

Still, you are awful close in your prediction. It's still early for some to announce December babies even if they are aware they're pregnant. I expect early 2020 announcements to begin shortly as well so hope you get your one more for the year. 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Lol, think you mean 2019, no? 

Still, you are awful close in your prediction. It's still early for some to announce December babies even if they are aware they're pregnant. I expect early 2020 announcements to begin shortly as well so hope you get your one more for the year. 

Yes, I meant 2019! The way things were timed in 2018 with new marriages, a pregnancy gap for Jessa, and Anna being so regular with her pregnancies, that I was definitely not the only one that predicted 6 babies in 2019. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I meant 2019! The way things were timed in 2018 with new marriages, a pregnancy gap for Jessa, and Anna being so regular with her pregnancies, that I was definitely not the only one that predicted 6 babies in 2019. 

Gaaahh, when I predicted only 4 Duggar pregnancies, I was hoping against hope that there would be some sensible spacing for a few of them. Oh well.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

It seems like Valerie and Adam Waller had twin girls on April 27th!

I went looking for the registry when I noticed that Valerie had something about twins on her Pinterest and I found it. They confirmed the birth there but they haven’t written any thing on the family blog

Spoiler

972C2C96-201C-4FA2-91C6-79A35BCF62DE.thumb.jpeg.11637d90273d740b9bddbba2f03e35ba.jpeg

DB73F978-08B0-4743-BF50-B0B60ED41B3B.thumb.jpeg.00714f885755790c9c60c813ef26c630.jpeg

https://www.babylist.com/baby-valerie-waller

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic