IGNORED

New to Lina and the whole "conversion" thing...

wildflower

The "Crazy Jewish Convert" blogger posted this comment on Lina's post, "Staying True":

"I would like to point out, however, that you would be rather hard pressed to find even one instance throughout Paulina's blog where we literally describe ourselves as being Jewish."

On the About page, "We are converts." But you may want to rephrase that comment "literally describe" because it sounds like purposefully avoiding calling yourselves that, but getting just close enough to not get in trouble. There are many ways to say things in the English language, and the meaning is often clear here. There's a difference between being honest and being well-trained in PR.

Lina posted this in response:

@Skylar: From my understanding, a gentile never converts, only a convert converts. We confirmed this with a Chassidic Jew, who is an acquaintance of ours.

He is not the only one who has confirmed this for us.

For the sake of clarity, I chose to say, "We are converts in the process of becoming full-fledged Jews."

Whaaaaaaa?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whaaaaaaa?

Surely this is her own wacky way of saying the whole "people who convert to Judaism really had a Jewish soul all along" thing? Otherwise I have no idea.

She's a liar. That's all there is to it. The two of them are deliberately dissembling and lying by omission, then splitting hairs and dancing around the point when people call them on it. I had some sympathy for Lina once, but I think she's sneaky and knows full well what she's playing at. I have no sympathy for that. At the end of the day, Lina and TT are a couple of lying, spoiled children.

She's a liar. That's all there is to it. The two of them are deliberately dissembling and lying by omission, then splitting hairs and dancing around the point when people call them on it. I had some sympathy for Lina once, but I think she's sneaky and knows full well what she's playing at. I have no sympathy for that. At the end of the day, Lina and TT are a couple of lying, spoiled children.

+1

And now all us mean internet people are taking away their toys Jewish identity and it's all too much for her delicate constitution to handle.

Seriously, I'm counting down til the flounce. The blog no longer shows up in Google. It can't be long before it's taken down.

Ooooooookay. So Lina was.......never a Gentile? Because a Gentile is a Christian, and she was certainly that.

There isn't enough *headdesk* in the WORLD.

Surely this is her own wacky way of saying the whole "people who convert to Judaism really had a Jewish soul all along" thing? Otherwise I have no idea.

I think it is...and she's just too stupid to realize that she can't claim that status until after she actually converts.

I have a sort of theological question about how Lina ended up where she is now. I have followed her off and on for a long time, so I know the gist (and Lissar's summary was fantastic!). But if I understand correctly, her Judaism fascination started with the idea that followers of Jesus ought to observe the Jewish holidays instead of the Christian ones, because the Jewish observances are mandated/described in scripture (Torah/Old Testament) and the Christian holidays aren't. So at one point she was more like Jocelyn and the Dixons, right? In that they believe that one ought to reject the accretions of tradition and the interpretations of man in both religions and follow just exactly what the Bible says? This is why the Dixons say they aren't Jewish OR Christian. Now, I have all kinds of problems with that position, too, but I can at least comprehend it as an extreme "consistent" application of the principle of Sola Scriptura.

Why then has Lina concluded that a true follower of Yeshua ought to follow Judaism but NOT the Judaism that he would have practiced, adhering instead to the post-Temple rabbinic developments, which as I understand it has an awful lot to do with "extrabiblical" oral tradition? I may be getting her mixed up with Jocelyn on the holiday thing, but if she is still approaching her "Judaism" in Christian terms, this is a strange approach for an ex-Protestant to take to Scripture and the interpretive traditions. It's quite a bit different from the other Messianics I've come across who are much more "primitivist" in their alleged Torah observance.

Does this make sense? I'm having the worst time writing clearly today.

I have a sort of theological question about how Lina ended up where she is now. I have followed her off and on for a long time, so I know the gist (and Lissar's summary was fantastic!). But if I understand correctly, her Judaism fascination started with the idea that followers of Jesus ought to observe the Jewish holidays instead of the Christian ones, because the Jewish observances are mandated/described in scripture (Torah/Old Testament) and the Christian holidays aren't. So at one point she was more like Jocelyn and the Dixons, right? In that they believe that one ought to reject the accretions of tradition and the interpretations of man in both religions and follow just exactly what the Bible says? This is why the Dixons say they aren't Jewish OR Christian. Now, I have all kinds of problems with that position, too, but I can at least comprehend it as an extreme "consistent" application of the principle of Sola Scriptura.

Why then has Lina concluded that a true follower of Yeshua ought to follow Judaism but NOT the Judaism that he would have practiced, adhering instead to the post-Temple rabbinic developments, which as I understand it has an awful lot to do with "extrabiblical" oral tradition? I may be getting her mixed up with Jocelyn on the holiday thing, but if she is still approaching her "Judaism" in Christian terms, this is a strange approach for an ex-Protestant to take to Scripture and the interpretive traditions. It's quite a bit different from the other Messianics I've come across who are much more "primitivist" in their alleged Torah observance.

Does this make sense? I'm having the worst time writing clearly today.

Do not try to apply logic to Lina. It doesn't work and you end up wanting to bang your head against the wall.

Lina posted this in response:

Whaaaaaaa?

I do not think Lina knows what "clarity" means.

But, of course, that would be one of many things that Little Miss Speshul Snowflake does not understand.

"It never ceases to amaze me how ugly people can become over the internet (although there is His grace for us all in our mistakes...I've made my own in the past). And I'm very shocked at some of the things that were said against you and your husband. I just don't even understand why they even waste their effort and time...as if they're going to convince you otherwise? I would never even speak to someone of opposite beliefs in such a cruel way (whether they be Muslim, Hindu, etc)."

Ugh, has it never occurred to these people that Lina is the ugly, offensive little twit? She is the one making a mockery of my religion and the religion of my ancestors, yet I'm the one being "ugly"? Yeah. Lina would have a hard time without all her sycophants.

The "Gentile don't convert" thing sounds like a variation of the typical fake Jew explanation "I've been grafted in through the grace of Yehoshua". They actually generally claim they don't even need to convert, after all they've been already grafted in, and never mind what real Jews have to say on the matter.

Ugh, has it never occurred to these people that Lina is the ugly, offensive little twit? She is the one making a mockery of my religion and the religion of my ancestors, yet I'm the one being "ugly"? Yeah. Lina would have a hard time without all her sycophants.

Yah! No kidding. This young lady makes me want to puke, b/c I feel she is completely laughing her way through "conversion" and givng herself the title of "Jew", despite, all that we know of her. It's such an insult!

Coming from my Jew-convert-dropout background, I know how hard it is to actually convert. The years of study. Giving up and essentially changing how you define yourself, in order to become Jewish. The convert's family dynamics is also forever changed. And a ger, is doing all fo this not only for him or herself, but for the entire Jewish community, to which she/he is now a part of and now responsible to answer to.

I have a number of friends whom I have highest respcts for, who've actually gone through the entire process, & it was trying on them...ultimately extremely rewarding. But for someone like Lina to come along & just claim Jewishness, is so insulting to them. And extremely frustrating for me to watch. :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

Archived