IGNORED

LGBT perspective: Chris Pratt + Hillsong Church

Howl

@JermajestyDuggar, my thoughts exactly when I saw that earlier. Never mind, that he attends Zoe church which is a "kissing cousin" church modeled after Hillsong. The founding pastor has been interviewed and photographed with Carl Lentz, disgraced former pastor of Hillsong, NYC. 

• Upvote 2

I hate that he won’t own up to anything. He is lying and it just makes him look worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Plus Zoe church is anti-lgbt. Conversion therapy is totally abusive but only tangentially what I consider to be anti-lgbt. Chris could have had so much clarity by asking a simple question such as, "Can LGBT couples get married at Zoe church?" I think he is being willfully ignorant which is rather worse to me than being dumb. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Plus Zoe church is anti-lgbt. Conversion therapy is totally abusive but only tangentially what I consider to be anti-lgbt. Chris could have had so much clarity by asking a simple question such as, "Can LGBT couples get married at Zoe church?" I think he is being willfully ignorant which is rather worse to me than being dumb. 

I think he’s flat out lying. 

• Upvote 5

Plus he waaaaahed something about how calling his current wife? child? perfect he wasn’t shitting all over his previous wife? child? Because apparently his son will grow up and read that so he would never say that… I didn’t read more than the headline and tagline, but assume it was the post thanking her for being such a great wife for giving him a perfect, healthy baby.
Only took him a year to post a rebuttal then… 🤬

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Plus he waaaaahed something about how calling his current wife? child? perfect he wasn’t shitting all over his previous wife? child? Because apparently his son will grow up and read that so he would never say that… I didn’t read more than the headline and tagline, but assume it was the post thanking her for being such a great wife for giving him a perfect, healthy baby.
Only took him a year to post a rebuttal then… 🤬

Yeah he thanked his wife for their healthy baby. And his son who was born at 30 weeks was in the NICU for awhile and has some long lasting issues with his eye sight and something else because of it. He should fucking cry thinking of Jack reading that as a teen or adult. Because it sounds really shitty as a parent to say to the world. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Yes he's a total asshole. Note the I'm not religious but I was golfing with my pastor - as those who aren't religious so often spending loads of 1-1 time with someone they describe as their pastor. He also has a history of abuse of animals 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-pratt-gives-his-cat-for-adoption_n_996814

Went searching for Chris Pratt animal abuse. I didn’t look at some of the other articles that came up. This one is enough for me to hope he never has more pets. 

I read the article. He is a nasty piece of work, isn't he?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I read the article. He is a nasty piece of work, isn't he?

He really is! And he backtracked on that one, too. So yeah, his post about feigning remorse (about this current time) is complete bullshit. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 2

We had a newborn and a very old cat who loved to shit next to her litter box. She was best buds with our youngest. Because he would play in the dirt in the front yard all day and the old lady cat liked to just sit and watch. It was adorable. I have so many pics of them together. I’m not going to hate on him for rehoming the cat. Things happen. I get it. At least he found a good home. But his response made him look like an absolute asshole. He is a prat. 

• I Agree 2

I read an article about his response (it was a little while ago and don't want to give them any clicks...). I cannot believe he's bellyaching about how it's people being upset by his insensitive wording that will affect Jack and not, I dunno, what he chose to say (and not clarify or apologize for when people pointed it out!). He just can't stop being a shady little bitch. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll just leave this here. Chris is now trying to rewrite history and pretend like he has nothing to do with Hillsong and isn’t religious. Sure Jan:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-chris-pratt-lying-religious-090421927.html

“Religion has been oppressive as fuck for a long time,” the actor stated in the profile. “I didn’t know that I would kind of become the face of religion when really I’m not a religious person. I think there’s a distinction between being religious—adhering to the customs created by man, oftentimes appropriating the awe reserved for who I believe is a very real God—and using it to control people, to take money from people, to abuse children, to steal land, to justify hatred. Whatever it is. The evil that’s in the heart of every single man has glommed on to the back of religion and come along for the ride.”

This sounds like a sort of a reverse variation of the no true scotchman fallacy to me. yeah, people do bad shit for religion but whatever my faith is is not true religion, I just  believe in a very real god...

The distinction Pratt makes between being a “religious person” and someone who just happens to love God is common amongst younger, modern Christians who don’t want to be held responsible for bigoted, fundamentalist interpretations of the faith

Religious people are bad. Ergo, I'm not truly religious. I just happen to love God (who told people to do several sorts of bad shit in the Bible)

Other people do religion, and they may be bad. I do true faith and love God and the sun shines out of my behind.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1