IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

The last time I wore my Class A's was at my grandfather's funeral. He knew he was dying and had his funeral all planned out, chose his pallbearers, chose the hymns for his service, and asked that I wear my uniform. I was the only one of his granddaughters that he chose to carry his casket, so I was proud to wear whatever he chose. He wanted a 'celebration of life' rather than a funeral, but let me tell you, my most stoic cousin was sobbing at the gravesite.

Re: abortion- yesterday I had a customer at the thrift shop get a little preachy about 'damn libruls and abortion and the wall'. It was all I could do to bite my tongue so I didn't get fired from a volunteer gig. It's amazing how many men have self-righteous opinions about abortions, knowing that they will never have one.

And yet men are responsible for 100 percent of unwanted pregnancies.

edit: By which I mean: Maybe they should actually TAKE responsibility and prevent them in the first damn place.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I tried googling "quilters the secret drawer" but kept coming up with sites about actual quilting. Even adding the word "musical" didn't help. Can you tell a little more about it? It sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zbGy6oe5h4&list=PL_1dgKZEGiOQE3409LYDFTmhtSuNIkTkb

That should be the 2nd act although this production makes me cringe - character shoes on an elevated stage = lots of noisy tromping around.  Secret Drawer is about halfway through the act.

The production means to tell the lives of pioneer women through the quilt patterns they created.  There's a heartbreaking little story in a sod cabin that goes along with the familiar Log Cabin pattern, for example.  The writers say they pulled all of the stories from women's diaries and letters back east but, being a playwright myself, I suspect quite a bit of liscence was taken in pulling the stories together.

Most are told that a couple needs two incomes to survive, therefore, a mother can’t possible be a keeper at home and have a large family. Here are two women who have proved otherwise! 

Lori, the only thing they've proven is that THEY can be sahms and have a large family.  The sacrifices that they (or their children) have made to make that happen are a different story entirely. 

As you have pointed out, Lane (Lane's Letters) stayed home on 30k or less, BUT she also had her minor child doing her own dental work at home- dental work that actually required an oral surgeon.  THAT IS NOT OKAY, and some moms aren't willing to sacrifice their children's well being for LORI ALEXANDER'S ideals!

Disclaimer- Obviously, I am not saying that sahms sacrifice their children's well being.  I am a sahm.  

I just saying that in order for some families to keep mom home, the kids have to go without (real needs aren't met), and that is unfair.

I don't even know where to start on today's blog. I am conflicted about Tamara's story.  But this wins the comment of the day award:

living a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise should ensure that medical procedures will not be necessary.

Living all the healthy lifestyle with proper exercise was not going to stop my fibroids and eventual hysterectomy.  It wasn't going to stop my mother from having cervical cancer and a hysterectomy at the age of 30.  My cousin is extremely fit and healthy and she is diabetic.  It's called genetics.  So, was Lori's brain tumor caused by not living a healthy lifestyle and proper exercise???

A comment on Lori's Insta abortion post. I can't bring myself to google this garbage. Suzyq5505 claims that aborted "babys" cell lines are being used for coffee creamer.

"The thing that disturbed me the most (besides the use of aborted babys) was a company I wouldn't have believed uses these cell lines in the flavors of Coffeemate. The company? Nestles!" 

3 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

Lori and her ilks' heads would explode if they watched Call the Midwife. It's non-judgemental and features women working outside of the home. That's not even taking the occasional abortion story into consideration.

Call the Midwife is my all time favorite tv show. It's so perfect and I love the history aspect and the backstories of each character. Each season is better and stronger than the one before. 

Mormons and Catholics (well, not Catholics as much) still have large families and usually have mothers staying at home. The difference is they don't glorify having husbands making 30k.

Working in a factory or in construction, you can make more than that. Teaching (in a Christian school of course), nursing, dental hygiene, paramedics, firefighters, police, plumbers, electricians . . . all jobs that are not "wordly" and will not put you at risk of all the office sluts and materialism . . . you will make over 30k. You may not ever get to six figures, but you won't be living in poverty. I would think that a "godly Christian man," would be prepared to support a family, and by support, I mean be able to provide health insurance and a modicum of financial security. 

One thing I wonder is if Fundamental Christianity is appealing to people already living in poverty or with dead-beat husbands because they think it will solve all their problems. So its more of a chicken/egg scenario. Yet then I see some of our famed Fundie families still marrying off daugthers to men with questionable careers. 

As far as medical procedures, living a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise should ensure that medical procedures will not be necessary.

I was the healthiest that I have ever been when I came down with appendicitis. And ask dear Lori about how that "healthy lifestyle equals zero medical procedures" thing is working out for her.

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I don't even know where to start on today's blog. I am conflicted about Tamara's story.  But this wins the comment of the day award:

living a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise should ensure that medical procedures will not be necessary.

Living all the healthy lifestyle with proper exercise was not going to stop my fibroids and eventual hysterectomy.  It wasn't going to stop my mother from having cervical cancer and a hysterectomy at the age of 30.  My cousin is extremely fit and healthy and she is diabetic.  It's called genetics.  So, was Lori's brain tumor caused by not living a healthy lifestyle and proper exercise???

Going off a moderate reasonable definition of healthy lifestyle here - so that would mean fruits and veggies, moderate consumption of red meat, no denial of enjoyable foods, regular moderate exercise, family and friends whose company you enjoy, a few hobbies that challenge and stimulate, a job that does not wear on you physically or mentally

Let's talk about how that worked out for my husband.  No vices.  The worst thing I could pin to him was that he possibly drank too much sweet tea (family history laced with type 2 diabetes so possibly not the smartest vice to enjoy but it was his).  He enjoyed his job.  He either ran for an hour or did machine weights for an hour 4 days a week.  Laughed regularly.  Played with his children.  Participated in their school and extra curriculars.

Died of flu, that favorite "if you just keep a healthy lifestyle and wash your hands you'll never get sick" illness after a three week battle in ICU.

This comment by KC John really chaps my hide:

the same people saying it won't work, are the same people needing a brand new iphone every year, getting their nails done, hair dyed, fake coach bags. You can make it work, live with your parents, work at home as a woman, God will provide

Live with your parents? That sounds like your parents provide, not God. Maybe your parents are tired of providing?*

And I am so damned sick of these buffoons going on about that brand new iPhone 2-income families supposedly need every year. I don't know of one person who buys a new phone of ANY type every year, much less an iPhone. 

*not to disrespect anyone here who is living with their parents. I know it's often a necessity and I have no problem with that. One of my own kids, in his late 20s, is still living with us. But his parents are providing, not God, so KC John can just stick it where the sun don't shine. :COLERE:

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I was the healthiest that I have ever been when I came down with appendicitis. And ask dear Lori about how that "healthy lifestyle equals zero medical procedures" thing is working out for her.

Exactly. A healthy lifestyle isn't going to stop a car accident or a fall. It doesn't magically heal a nasty bite from your neighbors dog. 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Exactly. A healthy lifestyle isn't going to stop a car accident or a fall. It doesn't magically heal a nasty bite from your neighbors dog. 

Since Lori has stated that she's not in favor of vaccination, I wonder what she would do if a rabid dog bit her.  Would she refuse the rabies shots?  Or (far more likely) wave her hand and declare a magical exemption for herself?  

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yup, a healthy livestyle won't prevent you being hit by a drunk driver. Or being stung by a malaria infested mosquito or being bitten by a lyme infested tick. Or prevent slipping on icy ground and break a bone or two.

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I don't even know where to start on today's blog. I am conflicted about Tamara's story. 

I peeped Tamara’s page. A go-fund me was started before it was determined her daughter wouldn’t survive the accident, and was to cover expenses for transfer to a different hospital. When they realized she wasn’t going to survive and therefore didn’t need transfer, they closed. But then they reopened it, reportedly because people were asking them to. They said the original need was for $17,000 but now the fundraising goal is $50,000 and they are at $35,000. I am conflicted as well. 

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Working in a factory or in construction, you can make more than that. Teaching (in a Christian school of course), nursing, dental hygiene, paramedics, firefighters, police, plumbers, electricians . . . all jobs that are not "wordly" and will not put you at risk of all the office sluts and materialism . . . you will make over 30k.

My DH is a firefighter/paramedic who makes good money. But that’s because we live in an area where there is commitment to paying them well, and has infrastructure in place to do so. Other areas are not as well paid. Because he works a 24/72 shift, he also  has his own electrical business (he’s a master electrician). His benefits for his ff/pm job are ok but mine are substantially better. 

His previous full time ff/pm job was in a different, smaller county- staffing consisted of him as the paramedic and another employee who was an EMT. For a period of time, he had a female shift partner. I can only speak to more rural areas- it is not uncommon for  women to join fire departments or to hang around them as ways to meet men. 

Also- the ff/pm’s I know have a thing for expensive “toys”- big trucks, motorcycles, campers, boats, etc. 

In my area, most firefighters/EMTs are volunteer(I believe only 1 town pays theirs).

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

A comment on Lori's Insta abortion post. I can't bring myself to google this garbage. Suzyq5505 claims that aborted "babys" cell lines are being used for coffee creamer.

"The thing that disturbed me the most (besides the use of aborted babys) was a company I wouldn't have believed uses these cell lines in the flavors of Coffeemate. The company? Nestles!" 

And Proctor & Gamble Company (I think it's them) is also satanic and/or islamic because of their logo...  Yeah, right! (Insert sarcasm emoji here please!).

I remember hearing about a company many years ago that was supposedly using some sort of tissue from aborted fetuses for their skin care line.  It sounds like the same kind of hoax story.

15 minutes ago, Briefly said:

And Proctor & Gamble Company (I think it's them) is also satanic and/or islamic because of their logo...  Yeah, right! (Insert sarcasm emoji here please!).

I remember hearing about a company many years ago that was supposedly using some sort of tissue from aborted fetuses for their skin care line.  It sounds like the same kind of hoax story.

I heard about the “collagen from aborted fetuses in face cream” thing back in the ‘80s. This was back when there wasn’t much on late-night TV, and I had some darn thing on for background noise while I was up late sewing. It was some evangelical special with eyerollingly inaccurate anti-abortion info.

I just can’t with some of these people. You know what lands you in Hell instead of heaven? Not having a relationship with Jesus Christ and god. 

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

john 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

05BAC714-4B6B-4E24-98AC-D3252D0F6445.thumb.jpeg.b977f844de6ea77dc294e76cc252b429.jpeg

no where does it say if you don’t follow traditional gender rolls but believe in god you will go to hell. 

Spoiler

C9B43A83-1584-41CE-8FFA-89905939A509.thumb.jpeg.5d2958d33ca19d2caeeb56f19ec99302.jpeg

God gave us free will Ben. That’s why he sent his son to die for us. He wants us to chose the right thing and not be forced to do it. My boyfriend didn’t find me by being a protector or provider. I knew going into the relationship that I was going to work any pay my way, even if he wanted to do it for me. 

Six months or so ago, Lori's followers were just a bit overzealous in their support.  Now, the Lindys and Flickas have been drowned out by the Kyles, Shauns, and Bens.  Deanna -- please stop using inappropriate caps, and you can call him Jesus and we'll know who you're referring to.  Using Hamashiac doesn't make you sound more theologically intelligent.  The kook factor has increased exponentially.

5 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Since Lori has stated that she's not in favor of vaccination, I wonder what she would do if a rabid dog bit her.  Would she refuse the rabies shots?  Or (far more likely) wave her hand and declare a magical exemption for herself?  

Aww come on, you know it would  be black salveve to the rescue.

Speaking of health issues, I've been dealing with stomach issues for the past two weeks. I was having a hard time keeping food down and when I did I had a lot of discomfort. Did I continue to sit in misery? No, I went to a walk in clinic and talked to a doctor who prescribed me antinausea meds and the BRAT diet essentially. If that doesn't work, I'll begin a second prescription of meds for heart burn because I've been struggling with that for a while. They just want to make sure it's not a flu first.

The symptoms I'm experiencing overlap with various stomach/ gallbladder issues with various degrees of seriousness. Heartburn if left untreated can destroy the esophagus I guess. if I hadn't gone to the doctor I would have continued to throw up everything (TMI ) or been in discomfort. I'm thankful that my work provides health insurance so I don't have to be afraid of the expense as much as before. But I probably should have just had a black salve tea or some such shit. 

I lived, and still live, a healthy lifestyle. Lots of fruits and veggies. Mostly wild meat (hare, moose, caribou, beaver) and fish in my diet. Exercise. Rest. And my immune system still became a total asshole. So did my lungs. It's likely all genetics, but the medical community is still figuring that all out. I happily participate in genetic studies, so maybe others will have it easier. 

It's science. It has nothing to do with God. Or a healthy lifestyle. Lori and her humpers are idiots.

14 hours ago, smittykins said:

In my area, most firefighters/EMTs are volunteer(I believe only 1 town pays theirs).

Yep, most firefighters across the US are volunteers, tbh. My husband is -- he does get paid, a per-call payment and a training payment -- but it's nowhere near enough to support himself or anyone else. It's essentially just reimbursement for gas, etc. 

As for construction, it pays well -- if you're in a union -- but you also don't get paid days off, generally speaking, which means that rain, snow, ice or extreme heat can all mean a smaller paycheck.

50 minutes ago, polecat said:

Yep, most firefighters across the US are volunteers, tbh. My husband is -- he does get paid, a per-call payment and a training payment -- but it's nowhere near enough to support himself or anyone else. It's essentially just reimbursement for gas, etc. 

We have a mixture here- our rural fire departments are volunteers but many of the rural stations do have a paid paramedic and paid EMT on staff 24/7. My husband was a volunteer FF at one time and there was no financial benefit. 

Today’s post has quite an interesting comment: 

Spoiler

6534278E-FF42-43BE-9C99-6B7F6D3578FA.thumb.png.fbae1341746c44459ce181d6671a68b9.png

Spoiler

CC89F766-262F-40F5-A575-62215E9C37D0.thumb.png.68aa4434ab73034c403760fb49713399.png

Spoiler

A5D37A17-2618-4088-80EB-72F48B74E762.thumb.png.ffd57fafd1217ccebde0991ba1255928.png

I don’t even know where to begin. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived