IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Last I heard they had quit going to church most Sundays.  She perhaps got told to shut up again.  

I suspect they have been politely shown the door in many churches. 

2 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Cleaning:  I'll bet dollars to donuts, when the housekeeper wasn't there, she made the kids do it.  

I'll bet dollars to donuts she has never been without a housekeeper of some sort.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Confession time (pun intended) - one of the reasons I'm no longer practicing Orthodoxy (not saying never again, but not now) is that my son's long time priest, whom he very much looked up to, told him he couldn't receive communion any more while he and his girlfriend were living together.  It crushed him and sent him into a spiritual/emotional tailspin for awhile.

Boy did my Mama Bear rear up - I wanted to bitch slap him for that.

I don't have time for that shit any more.  I really, really don't.

I hear you. When my younger sister died on her 10th day of life because of a significant cardiac issue (operable today), a priest told my grieving mother that my sister was not in heaven because she hadn't been baptized or received last rites. This was after my mom had spent 10 days telling doctors there was something seriously wrong with her baby - a child who grew weaker and weaker and could barely nurse. My mom was dismissed as being over emotional. 

My father was charged with assault after beating up said priest. The charge was dismissed when our small town judge heard the horror of the situation. 

This was one of several reasons I rejected the church and refused to take part in catechism class and my first communion, even as a child. I was eventually excommunicated for an article I wrote about a pedophile priest who was simply moved from parish to parish, giving him multiple opportunities to re-offend. 

@Ken, just out of curiosity, which one of you is lying?

Ken Alexander, Feb. 18, 2014:

Sitting on the fireplace steps was our most effective discipline tool which was used often, but defiance in a child met with a swat.

Lori Alexander, Feb. 26, 2019:

out.PNG.fc4fe4b68354a5fc88eb28ea7747af06.PNG

Lori Alexander, Jan. 14, 2014:

time.thumb.PNG.2da7cc80631fcbfa0aaa1b309bf15e52.PNG

Screen grab of Ken's exact quote (lest her pretend he's being misquoted):

Spoiler

often.thumb.PNG.f964248b8290e70eb2a102cd50db0e4a.PNG

11 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

SamandMarilee Hopps This is Sam -- As a man, I have no problem with women leading the worship service, preaching, or teaching. Spirit-filled women have as much value to the church as the men. It's not just about the money they bring in to support the church. If your entire ministry is focused on keeping women suppressed, you have succeeded in sending out your message. However, you are not truthful as you do engage with the men on your Facebook page. If you do not care for a woman in leadership, then do not attend that church. Or better yet, start your own "perfect" church with your husband as the leader since you seem to be unhappy with everything about the organized church.

I thought the FJers might appreciate this post ;)

Ha, ha! I'm glad a man noticed and called her out.

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

Ken Alexander, Feb. 18, 2014:

Lori Alexander, Feb. 26, 2019:

out.PNG.fc4fe4b68354a5fc88eb28ea7747af06.PNG

Lori Alexander, Jan. 14, 2014:

time.thumb.PNG.2da7cc80631fcbfa0aaa1b309bf15e52.PNG

Screen grab of Ken's exact quote (lest her pretend he's being misquoted):

Hide contents

often.thumb.PNG.f964248b8290e70eb2a102cd50db0e4a.PNG

Yet another one of those times when I wish Ken would come back here and try to 'splain things. This one would be right comical to watch, wouldn't it? :my_dodgy:

I could see Lori being a shit-stirrer in any church she went to. She's not the sort to speak from the pulpit, of course, seeing as how she's lacking a penis. She would absolutely be the one gossiping like crazy and complaining about every single thing she could find to complain about, though. She'd be the one at the church business meeting suggesting that other women needed to dress more modestly, telling new parents they need to hit their kids, sitting in the farthest back corner of the sanctuary and whining about not liking the songs, not liking that they didn't preach on submission weekly, not liking that new couple who sat in HER SEATs one Sunday (after she'd been gone to Door County for two months), and spreading every dirty rumor she could find or make up.

Lori is vile. "We never had to use time out or take away privileges. Child raising is so much easier this way!" really? She basically just said "We never bothered to teach our kids about consequences or how to control themselves, we just smacked them to make them afraid to do anything that might anger us." I'm amazed her kids turned out to be decent people for the most part, as best we can tell.

Is she lying, or is it brain damage? Both? Stupidity? 

Hey, Ken. Your wife is a total looney. She claims to submit to you, so why don't you have her submit to some mental evaluations. Or take away her internet access. She is clearly NOT RIGHT. You chose to be her "headship" so it's your responsibility to keep her from harming people.

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I could see Lori being a shit-stirrer in any church she went to. She's not the sort to speak from the pulpit, of course, seeing as how she's lacking a penis. She would absolutely be the one gossiping like crazy and complaining about every single thing she could find to complain about, though. She'd be the one at the church business meeting suggesting that other women needed to dress more modestly, telling new parents they need to hit their kids, sitting in the farthest back corner of the sanctuary and whining about not liking the songs, not liking that they didn't preach on submission weekly, not liking that new couple who sat in HER SEATs one Sunday (after she'd been gone to Door County for two months), and spreading every dirty rumor she could find or make up.

Lori is vile. "We never had to use time out or take away privileges. Child raising is so much easier this way!" really? She basically just said "We never bothered to teach our kids about consequences or how to control themselves, we just smacked them to make them afraid to do anything that might anger us." I'm amazed her kids turned out to be decent people for the most part, as best we can tell.

She actually wrote the pastor's wife a letter, telling her that her swimwear was immodest.  Another time, a visitor who Lori felt was immodestly dressed tried to sit down beside her, but Lori lied and told her the spot was reserved.  She then took to her blog to brag about her cruelty.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Honestly I think they are each telling their own truth.  I bet she was a total different woman when he was away for days at a time.  When he was home she probably deferred to whatever discipline he used be it the time out or the swat, but the instant he's gone.....it was Mommy Dearest.  

More recently, Lori crowed that their family (she & Ken, her sister and her husband) disagreed with something the pastor said.  Their plan?  Ken and her sister's husband were going to stand up and speak over him.  When her readers called her on it, she claimed they were just joking, but that is NOT how it was originally presented.

15 hours ago, Hisey said:

The truth is, women haven't invented as many things as men because they have been denied educational opportunities. The same thing could be said for African-Americans, however. Is Lori arguing they aren't as intelligent as white men?

I daresay that many inventions patented by white men were likely actually based on the ideas of women and blacks. Getting a patent first does not mean that you were the inventor. It wouldn't be the first time credit was rightfully stolen. Patents cost money and women and minorities generally have less of it. Vivian Thomas (of "Something the Lord Made" with Alan Rickman) pioneered heart surgery procedures that were credited to his white collaborator. Never underestimate the impact of racism and sexism.

6 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Honestly I think they are each telling their own truth.  I bet she was a total different woman when he was away for days at a time.  When he was home she probably deferred to whatever discipline he used be it the time out or the swat, but the instant he's gone.....it was Mommy Dearest.  

I refuse to believe that Ken wasn't on board 100%- he just knows it's not acceptable, so he hides it.

-It was Ken who the children report "hit harder"

-It was Ken who pushed one of his sons down

-It was Ken who talked about beating teenagers

-It was Ken who admitted to leaving a bruise on one of his children

-It was Ken who was always trying to save their girls from their "wrong thinking"

-It was Ken who "took turns" hitting an 18 month old baby for four solid hours

-It was Ken who made his boys play though sports injuries

He is just as monsterous as his hideously cruel wife, she just knows to wrap his bullshit up in nice wrapping paper.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Sitting on the fireplace steps was our most effective discipline tool which was used often,

I'm glad you posted the context that they used a time-out on the fireplace steps as punishment; I originally read this sentence as being about a discipline tool that sat on the fireplace steps.  A poker or tongs or something that they would hit with.

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

More recently, Lori crowed that their family (she & Ken, her sister and her husband) disagreed with something the pastor said.  Their plan?  Ken and her sister's husband were going to stand up and speak over him.  When her readers called her on it, she claimed they were just joking, but that is NOT how it was originally presented.

Dafuq?  Who does that?  I'm not surprised they can't find a church that a) agrees with every little detail of their messed-up theology, and b) will actually tolerate them.

Dear god...from the Instagram comments of Lori's spanking post:

1920073401_evil1.PNG.371982f19c81315ede80f02e3bfc4766.PNG

If you click on this woman's name, you see that the child she is referring to is just a little one (like mom posted that she was learning to walk in November, little :cry: ).  The idea that her mother is bragging that she's been hitting her more lately, and encouraging her husband to do the same, literally makes me want to vomit.

Jesus fucking wept, what is wrong with these people?!  Monsters.  They are all monsters.

The only reason Lori Alexander hasn't started her own church cult is that she is too lazy.  And that woman hitting her one-year old is making my heart hurt. These people are evil.

45 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I daresay that many inventions patented by white men were likely actually based on the ideas of women and blacks. Getting a patent first does not mean that you were the inventor. It wouldn't be the first time credit was rightfully stolen. Patents cost money and women and minorities generally have less of it. Vivian Thomas (of "Something the Lord Made" with Alan Rickman) pioneered heart surgery procedures that were credited to his white collaborator. Never underestimate the impact of racism and sexism.

I take an interest in the history of science and technology, and the concept of men taking (or being given) credit for women's discoveries has a name: the Matilda effect, named after suffragette Matilda J. Gage.* One of the most famous examples of Rosalind Franklin, who made crucial discoveries about DNA that lead to Watson, Crick, and Wilkins getting a Nobel Prize. She, notably, did not win the prize along with her male colleagues, even though she'd died four years earlier from cancer due to radiation exposure from her experiments.

*https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/285482.pdf?acceptTC=true&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

*https://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2018/08/rosalind-franklin-and-damage-gender-harassment

Last year, my daughter wanted to dress as an inventor for "Dress Like a Famous Person" day in 3rd grade. I searched the internet a bit and found Margaret E. Knight, who had the benefit of being a woman, and having invented a machine that would automatically fold and glue paper bags that had flat bottoms. (The big advantage was that my daughter's "costume" mostly consisted of a folded paper bag and a mini-biography of Ms. Knight. :) ) 

Like many other female inventors, Margaret E. Knight had a man steal her design and try to patent it. Unlike many others, she took him to court, proved that she created the invention, and was awarded a patent in 1871. Yay, Margaret!

The website that I got most of my info from is all about famous women inventors. It's written at a fairly easy reading level, so it's great for kids. 

http://www.women-inventors.com

And, Lori? :pbbbt:

33 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Last year, my daughter wanted to dress as an inventor for "Dress Like a Famous Person" day in 3rd grade. I searched the internet a bit and found Margaret E. Knight, who had the benefit of being a woman, and having invented a machine that would automatically fold and glue paper bags that had flat bottoms. (The big advantage was that my daughter's "costume" mostly consisted of a folded paper bag and a mini-biography of Ms. Knight. :) ) 

Like many other female inventors, Margaret E. Knight had a man steal her design and try to patent it. Unlike many others, she took him to court, proved that she created the invention, and was awarded a patent in 1871. Yay, Margaret!

The website that I got most of my info from is all about famous women inventors. It's written at a fairly easy reading level, so it's great for kids. 

http://www.women-inventors.com

And, Lori? :pbbbt:

Off topic, but a few years ago, my niece picked Queen Victoria for her schools "Living History Day." (I asked her why and she said it was because it was the last person :pb_lol:). In any case, my brother was pissed because the only pre-made child's Queen Victoria costume he could find had to be ordered from the U.K. :pb_lol:

I was like "surely you could have ordered a 19th-century dress and pulled her hair back, right?"

@ViolaSebastian, fortunately for us, it wasn't a class assignment with a set list of people to choose from. It was just an optional fun day as part of "Read Across America Week". I still have a copy of the flyer that came home. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180221-233545.thumb.jpg.f5bf6478cb1818d36689901c70ab8c52.jpg

This year, our school's Read Across America week includes wearing red, wearing a favorite hat, wearing wacky socks, wearing a shirt with (school appropriate) writing on it, and wearing pajamas. Pajama day always seems to be a favorite! :pb_lol:

This is just lovely -- live so that people will cry at your funeral.  Sorry, Lori, but you have left lots of bad pieces of paper for people to remember you by.  Papers where you called working women blasphemers.  Where you called women Jezebels.  When you told people they were sinning when they didn't follow your made-up rules.  Where you talked negatively about your parents.  Where you threw slams at your family through your blog and FB page.  Where you talk about beating your children.  Yep, your public page is full of lots of commendation and encouragement.  

image.png.c981176d593ddd4f48f43ffe5a7a925b.png

38 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

This is just lovely -- live so that people will cry at your funeral.  

By not bothering to be there when one's own mother is dying...right, Lori?  

Also, every time I think Lori has demonstrated the ultimate lack of self-awareness she proves me wrong.  It's not meant to be a personal challenge!  

Wait, so are you supposed to live in a way that will be popular and make people mourn when you die, or are you supposed to live in God's perfect ways, even if that means a rousing chorus of "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" at your funeral?

Not that I see those as mutually exclusive, but Lori pretty clearly does, and unless she's about to radically change her mind, she's made her choice.

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I don't want people crying at my funeral.  My daughter has strict instructions:  cremate, coffee can urn, pub crawl.  I fear my obituary being short or boring.

She loves attention in life and apparently she wants that level of attention to continue beyond. 

My mom was very hurt by her mother. Both of my grandparents would pin my mom against each other. After my grandpa died my grandma cleared out the house so she could sell it. She gave away all of good jewelry to my moms sisters and didn’t give her anything. Instead of my mom bottling those feelings and taking them to her grave, she decided to write it down. She took it to her mom and read it to her. When she was done she burning it. 

Keeping your feelings in Lori isn’t healthy. Writing your feelings down is a great way to sort through them so you don’t say you will regret. 

One of my facebook friends whom I've also mentored through some tough times on PM has parrot-posted that awful second "Women, Sit Down and Shut Up" blog post Lori shared.  I'm currently engaged in a discussion on her public wall about the merits of my Escape From Complementarianism Funadamentalism™️ and she has gone silent (temporarily I do hope).

That's the real danger of the leghumping: it's mindless, like she accuses the public-school attendees of being.  These women mindlessly parrot and re-share what Lori is parroting from others herself, and then there becomes this little web of evil, disgusting, misogynistic religious posts peppering the interwebz because Lori refuses to actually TEACH the women to think for themselves. She refuses to MAKE disciples, instead making other parrots.

Sad.

Praying something I wrote to my facebook friend will wake her up.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived