IGNORED

Trump 39: The Return of the Wall

Destiny

Don't know if this belongs here - but it relates to the Trump/GOP tax bill.
I just did my tax return and filed my taxes. Can I just say - It sucks. Really sucks. Our kids are grown, so our tax liability is not affected by having kids. Additionally, we have very ordinary income, and are not in any way wealthy. I don't want to get too detailed our too personal, but suffice to say that it's a huge difference for us - and not in a good direction at all.

Aggravated.

We did ours today too, and SAME.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has no dog because he thinks he would look stupid when he has to walk it. Shall we tell him he looks stupid either way?

8 hours ago, Destiny said:

We did ours today too, and SAME.

Sucks. I feel your pain.

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

He has no dog because he thinks he would look stupid when he has to walk it. Shall we tell him he looks stupid either way?

I'm glad he doesn't have a dog to mistreat.

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

The real reason is that they can't find a dog who wants to walk Trump.

:animals-dogrun:

16 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh for fucks sake Donnie!  We all know YOU wouldn't walk the puppy because you would hire a dog walker (Eric maybe) and refuse to pay him.

4 minutes ago, Ali said:

I think he should not get a dog or any pet whatsoever.

The only pet he should have is a pet rock. And he should repeatedly hit himself in the head with said pet rock.

33 minutes ago, Ali said:

I think he should not get a dog or any pet whatsoever.

If he did, Junior and whats-his-name would grab their guns and shoot the poor thing. Killing animals gives them thrills.

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The only pet he should have is a pet rock. And he should repeatedly hit himself in the head with said pet rock.

I think someone did that already. I mean, he couldn't have been born this stupid... could he?

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think Cardi B could whip out her leash and dog walk him any time of day. She's had some practice with Tomi Lahren after all.

Don't know if this belongs here - but it relates to the Trump/GOP tax bill.
I just did my tax return and filed my taxes. Can I just say - It sucks. Really sucks. Our kids are grown, so our tax liability is not affected by having kids. Additionally, we have very ordinary income, and are not in any way wealthy. I don't want to get too detailed our too personal, but suffice to say that it's a huge difference for us - and not in a good direction at all.

Aggravated.

It looks like I’m getting something back this year. Just not as much as before.

Just saw this on Twitter

I responded to him that I have some other adjectives for him but they're a lot less family friendly.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Wasn't it Ivana's dog who couldn't stand him?

I've always thought most dogs are better judges of character than most humans...

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Wasn't it Ivana's dog who couldn't stand him?

I've always thought most dogs are better judges of character than most humans...

Yes, it would bark at him.  Smart dog.

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Oh for fucks sake Donnie!  We all know YOU wouldn't walk the puppy because you would hire a dog walker (Eric maybe) and refuse to pay him.

And the taxpayers would get stuck for secret service protection to cover the walks because someone wouldn't want the dog pooping on "his" lawn.

A good one from Jennifer Rubin: "Irrelevant and incoherent Trump is upstaged in El Paso"

Spoiler

President Trump went to El Paso, which he falsely said had been rampant with crime before border construction, to whip up his base in favor of a wall. Before he could take the stage, however, congressional negotiators reached a tentative deal to reopen the border — with 55 miles of bollard fencing, but no wall. Meanwhile, at a nearby location, Beto O’Rourke gathered a crowd of thousands to celebrate American values. Trump, in short, was essentially irrelevant, as he increasingly is. (Only his cheerleaders at Fox News bothered to cover him live in entirety.)

The Post reports:

The framework would provide $1.375 billion for barriers along the border, including 55 miles of new fencing, with certain restrictions on the location, according to a congressional official familiar with the agreement. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the agreement had not been made public.

While Democrats relented on demands for a tight cap on beds available to hold immigrants, the number of available spots will nevertheless decline somewhat — to the consternation of hard-line anti-immigration activists. Right-wingers quickly figured out that they’d lost their battle. Trump lost this fight when he ended the shutdown; this was simply the nail in the coffin.

Trump, who might not have known the outcome of the negotiations before taking the stage, hollered at the crowd that he’d build the wall no matter what. He egged on the audience as it chanted “Lock her up,” more than two years after beating Hillary Clinton in the presidential race and while under scrutiny himself in a slew of investigations. It was more of the same — insults directed at O’Rourke (whom Trump said had only his first name going for him), lies that money from tariffs flowed into the U.S. Treasury, defensive meanderings to explain why he didn’t have a dog (after a weekend observing Democratic contenders’ cute pets, I tweeted in jest on Monday that we should never elect a president who didn’t have a dog), exaggerated crime figures and so on. It’s the same nonsensical, incoherent rambling that only his hard-line base appreciates; to others, he sounds unhinged and desperate. (Trump, as he is accustomed to do, bragged about his crowd size; multiple reports suggested it was about the same size as, if not smaller than, O’Rourke’s gathering.)

Meanwhile, O’Rourke took the higher ground. “We, together, we are making a stand for the truth against lies and hate and ignorance and intolerance,” he told the crowd. “We are going to show the country who we are.” He declared, “With the eyes of the country upon us, all of you together are going to make our stand in one of the safest cities in the United States of America. Safe not because of walls but in spite of walls.”

Trump and his apologists could vent their anger, claiming that Democrats wanted “open borders.” The reality, however, was that Democrats and Republicans without Trump could reach a common-sense border security deal. No wall is needed. The country at large, which staunchly opposed the shutdown and never supported a wall, is likely to react positively to news of the deal — unless, of course, Trump has another temper tantrum and shuts the government down. At this point, however, not even his own party in the Senate likely would support him on that score.

Trump is left with his cultlike followers, vague threats to “finish” the wall regardless of Congress, his mindless chants and his sycophantic right-wing media. As for the rest of the country, most Americans have little reason to pay attention to his rants. He’s not setting policy nor saying anything new. In fact, he has become a bit of a bore.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Fuck off you filthy orange shit stain. Fuck you and fuck your putrid older sons and your treasonous daughter.

You are talking about my family.  My cousins and their mom, my beloved late aunt may her memory be a blessing..(it is Jewish saying when remembering people who have passed).

The blood of First Nations peoples who were slaughtered by your 'hero' is on YOUR hands.

All of FJ says.. "Well golly gee OneKid, why don't you tell us how you really feel. You, know stop holding back". 

I feel like I'm screaming into a jet engine again. This horror show just won't end.

32 minutes ago, Penny said:

I can just see Trump walking into an animal shelter. A dog would pee on him and he would melt. 

Ah, but Trump is not the Wicked Witch of the West:

Spoiler

borzoi-costume-3.jpg.a235b9e9acd56e9f0fb37a430a941345.jpg

The Borzoi know!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived