• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

anjulibai

I had gender disappointment with my boys. There are a lot of reasons I wanted a girl more than a boy, and it took me a while to process when I found out my first was going to be a boy. The disappointment with the first was worse than the second, though, because I had more of an idea of how awesome having a boy is.

I can't imagine not having my boys now. But it did take a while to work through my feelings. 

DH and I would like to have a third eventually, and I'd certainly like to have a girl if we do. But I'm kind of at the point that I don't know what I'd do with a girl, and I feel like if we'd have a third, it will definitely be a boy. 

twoandthrough
1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I had gender disappointment with my boys. There are a lot of reasons I wanted a girl more than a boy, and it took me a while to process when I found out my first was going to be a boy. The disappointment with the first was worse than the second, though, because I had more of an idea of how awesome having a boy is.

I can't imagine not having my boys now. But it did take a while to work through my feelings. 

DH and I would like to have a third eventually, and I'd certainly like to have a girl if we do. But I'm kind of at the point that I don't know what I'd do with a girl, and I feel like if we'd have a third, it will definitely be a boy. 

My best friend went through this too. She was dead set on having a girl and found out at 20 weeks he was in fact a boy. She was devastated, and it took her a while to come around. It also affected her mentally - she had some crazy bad prenatal depression (which then, of course, turned into postpartum depression as well). She is obsessed with her 2 year old son now... and if they decide to have another, she actually WANTS another boy! Go figure. 

Satan'sFortress

I was not even a little bit of a girly-girl, but I did love Barbie.  I liked putting her in different outfits & I remember that the clothes weren't that expensive, so I could usually buy them myself with allowance money.

I loved going to my friend's house---she had way more Barbie stuff.  When we got a little bit older, I can remember using those teeny tiny band-aids as menstrual pads for our Barbies!