IGNORED

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

Coconut Flan

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa, Ben, Spurgeon, and Henry went for a walk with Ben's family. 

15 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I think it makes her look older, like way older than she actually is, not in the "more mature, grown up" way. I know nothing about makeup and almost never wear it myself, so I my opinion has no weight. Just a disclaimer. ;)

I think she looks like she's in pain.

I think the makeup and/or the lighting give Jessa somewhat of an "undead" appearance, and the intense lipstick adds to the effect.  I also agree with those who think she doesn't look happy.  Maybe some warmer blush, more attention to her eyes, and a more subtle lip color would have been better?*

*I'm not a makeup person, so my comments are especially subjective here.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa, Ben, Spurgeon, and Henry went for a walk with Ben's family. 

Did he make a video for his followers telling them a family walk is something they may not have thought of doing before?

Jessa is a natural beauty and I must admit I was taken aback by the harsh make up she's wearing. I don't know too much about make up and only tend to wear BB cream, concealer, mascara and a lipgloss unless its a special occasion.

I can't believe Jessa's already in her 3rd trimester. It feels like just yesterday she announced the pregnancy. I wonder if we'll see her announce on this season of the already painfully behind show.

I kind of want to shop at a real thrift store now, unfortunately we don't really have those in Germany. There are vintage stores, but they are often pricey (like 40-100 euros a piece) and they only have eccentric/vintage stuff. I would love to buy a used dress for 5 euros! 

59 minutes ago, nellautumngirl said:

I kind of want to shop at a real thrift store now, unfortunately we don't really have those in Germany. There are vintage stores, but they are often pricey (like 40-100 euros a piece) and they only have eccentric/vintage stuff. I would love to buy a used dress for 5 euros! 

Huh, I've been to several thrift stores in Germany.  Humana is a big chain of them (https://www.humana-second-hand.de), and I've also been to smaller local ones in various places.  

ETA: the one currently across the street from me is just called Zeughaus. 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:00 AM, AtlanticTug said:

I think that it looks awful but I can't quite figure out why. 

the white stuff above the eye doesn't suit her.

the bright lipstick sorta makes her look like my mother. 

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Huh, I've been to several thrift stores in Germany.  Humana is a big chain of them (https://www.humana-second-hand.de), and I've also been to smaller local ones in various places.  

ETA: the one currently across the street from me is just called Zeughaus. 

Oh, thank you, I must admit I've never heard of it ? Off to check their women's section out. 

21 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I can't believe Jessa's already in her 3rd trimester. It feels like just yesterday she announced the pregnancy. I wonder if we'll see her announce on this season of the already painfully behind show.

Maybe we will see the TV announcement when the kid is 5 and has 2 younger siblings.

Well, she was supposed to have the same due-date (more or less) as Lauren.

On the show we are supposed to be a few weeks after the miscarriage so I would have suspected the announcement already but maybe they also took longer in real life this time because the sensitivity with SiRen.

Seems that Siren announced around 5 or 6 weeks. Jessa announced around the 3 month mark with first 2 pregnancies. In the show that would probably be after the wedding so we'll see it next season. 

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Seems that Siren announced around 5 or 6 weeks. Jessa announced around the 3 month mark with first 2 pregnancies. In the show that would probably be after the wedding so we'll see it next season. 

The show does often jump out of order, especially with big events so I wouldn't be surprised to see it this season

On 3/17/2019 at 9:43 PM, MaryOrMartha said:

Jessa is a natural beauty and I must admit I was taken aback by the harsh make up she's wearing. I don't know too much about make up and only tend to wear BB cream, concealer, mascara and a lipgloss unless its a special occasion.

Jessa's makeup was not harsh. See any JRod picture for harsh makeup.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:14 AM, nst said:

the white stuff above the eye doesn't suit her.

It's an on-trend look.

I think it’s just a whole lot of makeup more suited for an evening event. There is nothing natural about it. And we are not used to see her with so visible makeup.

I agree with @just_ordinary that it's likely such a shock because we're used to her more natural, 'filming' makeup.

I find it interesting that she agreed to it because while yes the duggar girls have been allowed to wear makeup, it's to 'enhance natural beauty' and I got the impression that meant nothing too dramatic or brightly coloured. Might have been a bit of a shock to her!

Might be on trend but it's not a flattering trend for her.  (I'll admit to being too old to find it a flattering trend for most women, frankly).  

4 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I remember when blue eyeshadow was on trend. 

It still is for some people, and there are many shades of blue.

51 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Might be on trend but it's not a flattering trend for her.  (I'll admit to being too old to find it a flattering trend for most women, frankly).  

That's your opinion, of course. I think its fine.

I cannot believe I am defending Jessa against criticism, it is usually just the opposite. I caught hell for finding her used diapers on the nightstand post nasty. The truth is, I don't really give too much of a damn about her appearance one way or the other, not hers or any of them. The Duggar threads never fail to disappoint!

Lighting affects how we see things so dramatically, she would look six different ways in six different photographic settings. This setting was wrong for this style of makeup. Or, this style of makeup was wrong for this setting, but for a planned shot, a photographer, given this style to work with, would have just put her under different lights. 

It still might not suit what we see as her personality, but would look just fine.

The lighting seems really harsh, which might be why her makeup looks more stark than it might in real life. And I like dramatic makeup- today was a cat-eye liner and blood-red lip day- but something about that picture does seem harsh. Maybe Danielle did her makeup in softer light and took the picture in direct sunlight. I know I've done that before, looked in my rearview mirror and gone, "holy unblended blush batman!"

8 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Jessa's makeup was not harsh. See any JRod picture for harsh makeup.

It's an on-trend look.

It is on trend and I tried. I Failed. ?

As a daily wearer of blue eyeshadow (and blue mascara, liner and lipstick) I say F trends, wear whatever makeup, clothes, hair, etc. makes YOU feel good about yourself. 

Disclaimer: if being On Trend is what makes you feel good, rock every trend you can find.

Secondary disclaimer: I also have blue hair, so I’m very defensive about color-related grooming and this isn’t directed at any one poster ?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived