IGNORED

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

Coconut Flan

I've found that thrifting works for me if I'm looking for high-end stuff, or specialty items like swim trunks, or snow suits.  But, if I'm looking for play clothes I can get much better deals shopping sales/clearance/with coupons.   

I also use an online thrift site.  Its great for when you're looking for something specific (for example-white toddler shorts-so hard to find).  You can use the search and filter tools to narrow by size, color, etc. rather than wading through racks.    

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hand-me-downs are the best! I’d say that about 2/3 of the clothes my kids had when they were younger were hand-me-downs. They are now at an age where we’ve pretty much run out of/worn through those clothes, which is great since they each have their own style. 

Ross usually has good prices on kids clothes, but the selection at our local one is hit-or-miss. I also like to hit up the local Goodwill stores for Lularoe clothes, because i love the clothes but absolutely refuse to pay full price. 

16 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

That's fine, just putting in my two cents.  

No worries- I was mostly poking fun at my husband! I didn't have good luck finding anything of quality at our goodwill outlet  personally but I'm sure Madison has more high end stuff than my area. Its a 2 hour drive to Madison for me otherwise I would check it out! 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:10 AM, just_ordinary said:

It’s interesting that especially in Western countries people really want girls. Yes, one boy would be nice but if you just have one most people want girls. At least that is my experience. Female babies are the jackpot on Social Media (horrible to say but sadly true). Maybe that is why boy mums have all those hashtags (don’t know if we had the discussion in Benessa’s thread). 

A boy is much better off in a family like that ! They have such stupid demands for girls .I hope she has another boy 

5 minutes ago, carrottop128 said:

A boy is much better off in a family like that ! They have such stupid demands for girls .I hope she has another boy 

Not really, boys are raised to be controlling assholes, who have little girls that they mistreat and turn into servants to hand over to other controlling males to have more children.  

Jessa was advertising thredUP on her instagram stories. I hadn’t seen anyone mention it yet. She actually got some pretty cute stuff

I love thredUp -  I have couple of blouses arriving today, and will ship out a bunch of stuff to sell/donate tomorrow 

Ben's sister, Danielle, did Jessa's make up. Almost didnt recognize her. Not sure i like it. ? 

Danielle graduated recently and working in a salon.

57 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Ben's sister, Danielle, did Jessa's make up. Almost didnt recognize her. Not sure i like it. ? 

Not so sure Jessa likes it either ? 

I agree. I definitely do not like it at all. Her natural look is much better. However, if she likes it & it makes her feel good about herself then that's what matters. 

Something tells me Jessa will not be adopting this 'soft glam' look, and will revert to her regular appearance, much like Michelle did after that stylist friend of hers turned her into a clone of Jim Bob's mother...

I don't think the makeup is wrong, I think the lighting is. Or, put another way, that's indoor or nighttime makeup rather than an outdoor/daytime look. 

I saw an ad for a mirror that you can talk to; you tell it which conditions you're making up for and it adjusts, it tells you the weather and etc. I wondered if it had a setting for "would like to look ten years younger."

It’s an attempt at Instagram or Kardashian style makeup, which looks very jarring on Jessa partly because this is so far from her normal style. 

This makeup looks like it was done by someone who has some technical skill, but no idea how to modify looks for different face shapes and features. The blush placement doesn’t look right for Jessa’s face shape. The frosty inner corner eyeshadow doesn’t work with her skin tone. The under eye concealer meant to brighten and help highlight and  shape her face is applied and blended at an unflattering angle and makes the whole look just feel kinda heavy handed, especially with the blush. The berry lip suits Jessa well, I will say. 

I don’t hate the makeup but I agree with @backyard sylph that it’s not a good daytime look. I also think she looks like Abbie of M is for Mama in that photo. 

I think it could use some blending and softening. The blush needs blended out and looks unnatural and the eye makeup is too heavy for daytime. 

The make up itself is fine but I don't think it suits Jessa. I'm glad Ben's sisters are allowed to pursue the careers they want to, even if they don't continue it when they get married.

Random thought. If puberty is a rough time for Spurgeon, he will be Moody Spurgeon for at least a couple of years.

6 hours ago, miss_batson said:

That makeup highlights things Jessa doesn't need to highlight.  Her eyes are aready far apart so the dark on the outer part of the lid isn't necessary.  She has a wide mouth so the lip color, while nice for her skin tone, makes her mouth look too big. 

I think it makes her look older, like way older than she actually is, not in the "more mature, grown up" way. I know nothing about makeup and almost never wear it myself, so I my opinion has no weight. Just a disclaimer. ;)

I think her mouth looks great, the color is a good one for her, and her lips look so full and her teeth look amazing. 

The eye makeup doesn't suit her features, though, it makes her eyes look wide-set when they're not really. And in my opinion dramatic eyes and dramatic lips is too much for daytime, especially on someone so young. 

The blush is just awful, it's not in the right place, it's not blended, and it's the wrong color. Without the blush she would look overdone, but kinda okay---the blush is what makes her looks like she's going for the "old lady who can't see that well anymore" look. 

Her hair looks great though, and I'm glad to see one of Ben's sisters is working outside the home in a less-damaging career than law enforcement. 

It looks like Danielle tried to match Jessa's lipstick to her top. Oops! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived