IGNORED

Seewalds 38: Waiting on Seaweed Three

Coconut Flan

Jessa's promoting some kids store and using Spurgie as a model. He is at least adorable.  What kind of store is that? Im not from US and not really sure, but im pretty sure we dont have these Kine of shops in my country in Europe. 

Screenshot_20190303-134753.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190303-134800.png

Screenshot_20190303-134806.png

Screenshot_20190303-134830.png

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Jessa's promoting some kids store and using Spurgie as a model. He is at least adorable.  What kind of store is that? Im not from US and not really sure, but im pretty sure we dont have these Kine of shops in my country in Europe. 

It's a consignment sale, so other parents can tag their kids' outgrown clothing items and put them up for sale at a traveling shop. So they must be in Arkansas this weekend... next weekend, they'll be in another town / state doing the same thing. Then, after the sale, parents can go collect whatever money they made from selling their kids' clothing. The people who run it (in this case, Rhea Lana) collect a certain percentage of all sales. That's how they get paid. I love shopping at these types of events for my own daughters because I would never pay full price for certain name brands, but if I find a good deal, why not? It is not great to sell at one, at least for me, because I make way more selling my girls' outgrown clothing on FB marketplace, in FB groups for kids clothing, and on Mercari. But I also have to take a lot of time to take pictures and post everything appropriately with size, brand, condition, etc. I have a postal scale, and it's my nap time hobby, so it's not too bad. I've made about $1,250 in the past year re-selling our kids' clothes, toys, and gear. 

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20190303-134753.png

Screenshot_20190303-134800.png

Screenshot_20190303-134806.png

Screenshot_20190303-134830.png

Spurgeon is adorable, he could be a child model, right down to his poses for the camera. 

Jessa definitely is good at picking nice clothes out of thrift and consignment stores for her boys. The boys are always smartly dressed.

1 hour ago, twoandthrough said:

It's a consignment sale, so other parents can tag their kids' outgrown clothing items and put them up for sale at a traveling shop. So they must be in Arkansas this weekend... next weekend, they'll be in another town / state doing the same thing. Then, after the sale, parents can go collect whatever money they made from selling their kids' clothing. The people who run it (in this case, Rhea Lana) collect a certain percentage of all sales. That's how they get paid. I love shopping at these types of events for my own daughters because I would never pay full price for certain name brands, but if I find a good deal, why not? It is not great to sell at one, at least for me, because I make way more selling my girls' outgrown clothing on FB marketplace, in FB groups for kids clothing, and on Mercari. But I also have to take a lot of time to take pictures and post everything appropriately with size, brand, condition, etc. I have a postal scale, and it's my nap time hobby, so it's not too bad. I've made about $1,250 in the past year re-selling our kids' clothes, toys, and gear. 

Thank you @twoandthrough i get it now ?

Cat and Jack! She put Cat and Jack clothing on Spurgeon? That is a name brand from the ebil TARGET!! You know, that place that doesn't care who uses which bathroom!! 

OR could it be that since it's from a thrift shop/consignment store,, that doesn't matter?

5 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Cat and Jack! She put Cat and Jack clothing on Spurgeon? That is a name brand from the ebil TARGET!! You know, that place that doesn't care who uses which bathroom!! 

OR could it be that since it's from a thrift shop/consignment store,, that doesn't matter?

They probably don't object to second hand clothes coming from Target. I think for a lot of fundies the target boycott has been forgotten about. 

9 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

They probably don't object to second hand clothes coming from Target. I think for a lot of fundies the target boycott has been forgotten about. 

short attention span.

I'm honestly not even that impressed. She spent almost $55 on 4 "outfits" and didn't get THAT many clothes. Plus half the stuff was cheap Old Navy and Target stuff, Gap is also not expensive and if you go there when they have their 50% off and no exclusions sales which happen all the time you can get this stuff at almost the same price. 

For children who grew up with homemade hand me downs and thrift store clothes they still most Likely feel a little thrill and fancy inside when can clothe their kids in GAP and Old Navy. It maybe like a person who grew up with Target  clothes who can now go to the Mall and throw down on 80 dollar jeans. 

Ben trim your beard PLEASE. 

I am exhausted. 250 people in 2 days...sold some....

but Ben trim your beard - you are not the mountain man...and i love how you pretend your posting to Grannie. 

That Rhea Lana sale is huge deal in AR. I have two people on my FB posting about being reps (? or something similiar) who do all the effort, just bring your items to them. It honestly looks like a great sale, everything in one place and nicely organized when I see photos of it. I think I saw something about them getting a permanent location? After seeing the prices though they don't seem that great. Maybe it is better on the bigger items like pack and plays and outdoor toys? Spurg is really cute. Jessa took some nice photos. I wonder how long until Jill tries that with Izzy.

4 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

That Rhea Lana sale is huge deal in AR. I have two people on my FB posting about being reps (? or something similiar) who do all the effort, just bring your items to them. It honestly looks like a great sale, everything in one place and nicely organized when I see photos of it. I think I saw something about them getting a permanent location? After seeing the prices though they don't seem that great. Maybe it is better on the bigger items like pack and plays and outdoor toys? Spurg is really cute. Jessa took some nice photos. I wonder how long until Jill tries that with Izzy.

Those sales (I haven't been to a Rhea Lana, but Just Between Friends and others similar) tend to mark down their prices each day of shopping. They typically go from Thursday evening through Sunday, and by Sunday, everything is marked down to 50% off. You have to take your chances that they'll still have nice things, but if they do, it's far cheaper! 

17 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

For children who grew up with homemade hand me downs and thrift store clothes they still most Likely feel a little thrill and fancy inside when can clothe their kids in GAP and Old Navy. It maybe like a person who grew up with Target  clothes who can now go to the Mall and throw down on 80 dollar jeans. 

I agree. The deals aren't that impressive, but for Jessa who grew up wearing matching, homemade dresses, it's the little things, right? You can tell that she takes a lot of care to ensure that her boys are sharply dressed. Since getting married and establishing her own household, you can tell Jessa takes a lot of pride in her family's appearance. 

I posted in the Joshly thread that Anna Correctly tagged her Insta-Stories post about her 'finds' as paid partnership.  

Spurgeon is hands-down one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen ??

Y'all can call me a leg-humper; I don't care ?

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

I posted in the Joshly thread that Anna Correctly tagged her Insta-Stories post about her 'finds' as paid partnership.  

Jessa claims in the comments of this post that she actually isn't a paid sponsor, she just really loves talking about Rhea Lana's.

It sounds similar to Once Upon a Child, a consignment store in central Florida that I love. We recently moved from that area but we go back and visit fairly frequently and I always make the time to stop at Once Upon a Child since my oldest is forever needing new clothes (the baby lives in hand me downs). You really can find some steals!

38 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It sounds similar to Once Upon a Child, a consignment store in central Florida

It's a chain. We have it here in Connecticut.  You have to hope someone opens one near you. We now have Plato's Closet which is consignment for teens and young adults.  I've even found some things there. My daughter just picked up some Vans for $15us.

Jessa and Ben have made two beautiful little humans. I may be slightly biased because Henry looks so much like one of my kids that I do a double take often upon seeing pictures of him.

The sale sounds like something I'd love. We have Once Upon A Child here in Canada too, and I'm a big fan.

The only thing that made me cringe was the carseat. You can't know the history of them and they can look totally fine even if they have been in an accident, but they are not supposed to be used after one (per the manufacturers). The straps can also be made unsafe to use if they are washed incorrectly, and again you might not be able to tell. Consignment stores here won't take them. Carseats all meet the same safety standards to be approved, so if one can only afford a lower priced option rather than one of the more expensive brands it is totally fine to buy the lower priced one and it will keep your child as safe as possible in the car. Used carseats should only ever be used if you can be completely certain of its entire history.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, viii said:

I agree. The deals aren't that impressive, but for Jessa who grew up wearing matching, homemade dresses, it's the little things, right? You can tell that she takes a lot of care to ensure that her boys are sharply dressed. Since getting married and establishing her own household, you can tell Jessa takes a lot of pride in her family's appearance. 

Exactly. Jessa likes dressing her boys nicely and finding them cute clothes. It's a long way from frumpers. 

13 hours ago, JustEnough said:

The only thing that made me cringe was the carseat. You can't know the history of them and they can look totally fine even if they have been in an accident, but they are not supposed to be used after one (per the manufacturers). The straps can also be made unsafe to use if they are washed incorrectly, and again you might not be able to tell. Consignment stores here won't take them. Carseats all meet the same safety standards to be approved, so if one can only afford a lower priced option rather than one of the more expensive brands it is totally fine to buy the lower priced one and it will keep your child as safe as possible in the car. Used carseats should only ever be used if you can be completely certain of its entire history.

I don't know a single consignment store that would even sell a car seat because of legal liability issues. I'm not even sure if they'd sell it in BNIB condition.

I agree that the prices aren’t that great. Full price cat and jack is honestly $4/5. They just had a 25% off sale this past weekend and I got  a lot of summer clothes for under 4 dollars. 2.75-3.75 for basketball shorts, basic t shirt and tank tops of the kids for summer. H & M has tons of kids shirts for 3.99-4.99 brand new, full price. Old navy is about the same. You can get tons of things for under $5 with deals. Old navy quality has TANKED in the last few year IMO. I stopped buying it new, let alone second hand. I’m allll for second hand, especially for growing kids. But honestly there is so many affordable kids options out there, these prices  are just meh. 

Old Navy has really gotten bad. I stopped shopping there years ago because I felt the quality was decreasing, but I went in there the other day with a friend and all the women's clothes were made of either that super cheapy thin fabric that constantly gets wrinkled, or this thick and starchy, equally crappy fabric.

I'm having trouble remembering if Ben & Jessa found out the sex of their babies and didn't share, or they didn't find out until birth?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived