IGNORED

Real Life Maxwell Encounter

ksuheather

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

We used to visit friends in Tonganoxie (best name ever IMHO) and I’m sure I could find my way to L-town if I went back. But why would I? Oh, right, to take a “See The Homes Of The Extremists” tour!  

Yep! I think that just might be my next covert op. But ONLY if I can time it for one of the few weeks when it’s not blistering hot, nor frozen over, nor tornado-ey, there in beautiful downtown eastern KS. 

It’s all one streetish and an Aldi. Plus - we have so much scheduling knowedge. My cousin would find the whole thing hilarious. And, she has an adorable infant. We could hit up parks :lol: I agree about weather. KS has only a few acceptable moments.

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

It’s all one streetish and an Aldi. Plus - we have so much scheduling knowedge. My cousin would find the whole thing hilarious. And, she has an adorable infant. We could hit up parks :lol: I agree about weather. KS has only a few acceptable moments.

In passing through the area, it's been in the fall around Sept-early October, weather typically has been OK: no tornadoes, snow or heat.   We haven't stopped in the area because we were often trying to make time.  However, if I can finagle a longer trip at some point, we might just take the "compound detour".  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, Lisafer said:

I seem to remember other posters mentioning that the Maxwell women are very petite. Maybe they're all on the short side, even the men?

I feel like all fundie women we are talking about are petite. Same goes for fundie men. Most of them don't seem to be that tall. I'm 5,9'' and most fundie manly man seem to be shorter than I am.

9 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I feel like all fundie women we are talking about are petite. Same goes for fundie men. Most of them don't seem to be that tall. I'm 5,9'' and most fundie manly man seem to be shorter than I am.

I looked Reversal Anna and Mary pretty much straight in the eye  when I visited their show a few years back, so SeriouslySteve is definitely taller than me (5’6”).  Nate is probably 5’10” to 6’.  Poor Sarah was indeed short but such a force of nature (getting her sisters moving) you didn’t notice. 

However, as for other extremist males, the only one I can think of who’s not slender & shortish is Voddie Baucham, and even there I’m not sure about the height. 

Short & skinny: Scott Brown, Marcus Serven, Doug Phillips, — not familiar with many more.

I do remember IRL that a very tall (probably 6’2”), manly-man, ultra-conservative preacher was constantly on about his prowess in weightlifting at the local gym. He also was criticized for being more faithful about his gym times than his attention to the sick, FWIW. 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

My favorite cousin lives in Leavenworth. Maxwells are on the list of fundies I suppose I might randomly get the chance to encounter in the ‘wild.’

I always think about how that would go. Probably just as @ksuheather describes. Bump into them at the store. Quietly go, “wtf” 

Then... furiously scan brain for any relevant but non-invasive tidbits I could report here. 

Maybe if it was a Maxwell at the grocery store I would look at the cart for exciting and flavorful ingredients. :) 

Animal crackers and Pepsi.

I am a Kansan. I am a KSU alum. My name is Heather. That's the entire reason I'm posting in this thread, because I did a double take when I saw the OP's name.

13 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

I am a Kansan. I am a KSU alum. My name is Heather. That's the entire reason I'm posting in this thread, because I did a double take when I saw the OP's name.

So I have to ask, have you done ATI testing? I ask because if so, I apologize for resetting your password thinking it was my account. :D

On 3/10/2019 at 1:09 PM, ksuheather said:

So I have to ask, have you done ATI testing? I ask because if so, I apologize for resetting your password thinking it was my account. :D

? Nope.

Archived