IGNORED

Real Life Maxwell Encounter

ksuheather

So I had a real life run in with John Maxwell today. We were at the grocery store and he walked by me and my two kittens and whispered "Excuse me." I looked around but did not see the rest of the crew.  

He is shorter than I thought.  I\

2 hours ago, ksuheather said:

So I had a real life run in with John Maxwell today. We were at the grocery store and he walked by me and my two kittens and whispered "Excuse me." I looked around but did not see the rest of the crew.  

Did he look like a tired new Dad? 

My favorite cousin lives in Leavenworth. Maxwells are on the list of fundies I suppose I might randomly get the chance to encounter in the ‘wild.’

I always think about how that would go. Probably just as @ksuheather describes. Bump into them at the store. Quietly go, “wtf” 

Then... furiously scan brain for any relevant but non-invasive tidbits I could report here. 

Maybe if it was a Maxwell at the grocery store I would look at the cart for exciting and flavorful ingredients. :) 

He did look a little tired. He needed by me and my 2 girl kittens and whispered "excuse me." I recognized him right away.  My oldest kitten thinks I"m nuts. 

4 minutes ago, ksuheather said:

He did look a little tired. He needed by me and my 2 girl kittens and whispered "excuse me." I recognized him right away.  My oldest kitten thinks I"m nuts. 

You should have bent over and showed your cleavage. It might have killed him.

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You should have bent over and showed your cleavage. It might have killed him.

I wonder if he'll stay in the room when Chelsy nurses little Axton.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, ksuheather said:

I seem to remember other posters mentioning that the Maxwell women are very petite. Maybe they're all on the short side, even the men?

4 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I seem to remember other posters mentioning that the Maxwell women are very petite. Maybe they're all on the short side, even the men?

I remember Nathan being at least a few inches taller than me (I’m 5’6”) and looking straight into Anna’s eyes when we briefly chatted. They may be very slight of frame and Poor Sarah is the shortest, but at least I would call the younger daughters very petite 

On 2/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, ksuheather said:

Dagnabbit, I was thinking you were talking about actual felines!  I'm like "tell me more about this magical grocery store with kitten customers!!!!"

I am impressed that grocery shopping is an approved Maxwell male activity.

I also thought we had a dedicated feline mommy here. Even though we’ve all debated the questionable pets in food establishment issue... I assumed there was some absolute reason these kittens needed to be in the store (warmth?)

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I also thought we had a dedicated feline mommy here. Even though we’ve all debated the questionable pets in food establishment issue... I assumed there was some absolute reason these kittens needed to be in the store (warmth?)

Kittens needing to buy beans for their burritos is a good enough reason. image.png.72756eb0a941b9abff319ebcc0846c9d.png

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Kittens needing to buy beans for their burritos is a good enough reason. image.png.72756eb0a941b9abff319ebcc0846c9d.png

Ah,  beans only and no meat.  No wonder the Maxwells shop at the same grocery store as kittens!

On 2/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, Lisafer said:

They are all very slender.  

On 2/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I remember Nathan being at least a few inches taller than me (I’m 5’6”) and looking straight into Anna’s eyes when we briefly chatted.

I'm 5'3".  I thought Anna was a bit taller than me when we briefly chatted about the weather.  Steve is around Mr. P's height (5' 7" or 5'8").  Looking at photos, Nathan and Christopher are definitely the tallest, then John, followed by Joseph and Jesse.  Jesse may even be shorter than Steve.  All together now:  Poor Jesse.  He just can't win.

15 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I’m a kitten rescuer and whenever I have tiny babies they go everywhere with me - grocery store included! Usually in a tiny box in handbag. 

1 hour ago, SoConfused said:

I’m a kitten rescuer and whenever I have tiny babies they go everywhere with me - grocery store included! Usually in a tiny box in handbag. 

I'm going to need a list of everywhere you shop, so I can follow you around in hopes of encountering kitten in a handbag.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm going to need a list of everywhere you shop, so I can follow you around in hopes of encountering kitten in a handbag.

Yep. FJ hypocrite right here. Tiny purse rescue kittens are completely okay and I will validate their presence when I see them by squeeing and making a fuss. Shame on me.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, Lisafer said:

Well, they all seem to come up way sort in lots of ways.

16 minutes ago, Granwych said:

*insert dick joke here*  :my_biggrin:

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Well I’m always looking for fosterers ;)

19 hours ago, Granwych said:

All we FJers know that I meant to say "come up way short."  Yup, perfect for a dick joke.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Abbie is going to tower over her aunties in a few years. 

I agree. I'm always shocked when I remember how old she is because she's quite a bit bigger than my similar age daughter. If I recall correctly Mel's father is tall.

I was briefly tempted to attend one of the more local Maxwell conferences a few years back just for kicks.  I could have dug up a long skirt and put on a hat over my short, spiky hair.   However it turned out it was during our vacation, but I kept an eye out for Uriah as we were traveling because I estimated they might be on the same interstate as us.

We have passed through Leavenworth a number of times on the way to Colorado (which I call a vacation btw) and I always joke about doing a drive by of the compound. 

On 2/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, nokidsmom said:

We have passed through Leavenworth a number of times on the way to Colorado (which I call a vacation btw) and I always joke about doing a drive by of the compound. 

We used to visit friends in Tonganoxie (best name ever IMHO) and I’m sure I could find my way to L-town if I went back. But why would I? Oh, right, to take a “See The Homes Of The Extremists” tour!  

Yep! I think that just might be my next covert op. But ONLY if I can time it for one of the few weeks when it’s not blistering hot, nor frozen over, nor tornado-ey, there in beautiful downtown eastern KS. 

Archived