IGNORED

Bradrick! Divorce Part 4: With at Least One Remarriage

Jellybean

1 hour ago, Howl said:

One thing that appalled and truly pissed off the the judge in the Williams case was that Carrie in particular modeled and normalized for her biological children the most grotesque forms of abuse of Hana for "rebelliouness", and even had the older boys participate in the discipline abuse of Hana.  I hate to think about what those older boys were allowed to do to their other siblings or if they were too terrified and emotionally stunted to get out of line. 

That said, I can't imagine how tough this was on the kids -- losing both parents to prison.   I too hope they went to foster homes that showed them a normal loving home life and that each of them received excellent secular therapy.  I can't remember if any of the kids were sent to live with relatives of either parent. 

One of the boys was 18 and did not go into foster care, if I remember correctly. And dear old dad tried to send the kids secret notes from jail (probably something along the lines like "Whatever you do, don't get vaccinated!!!" or "public school is the devil!!) except he was clumsy about it and got caught. I don't think they went with relatives. I hope they are doing well. 

Maybe the hive should send "fan" mail to Carri care of her state institution. hahahaha. Or perhaps we could send MamaJuneBug in to visit her.... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, starfish said:

Maybe the hive should send "fan" mail to Carri care of her state institution. hahahaha. Or perhaps we could send MamaJuneBug in to visit her.... 

Moi??? To what do I owe this dishonor???

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Howl said:

That said, I can't imagine how tough this was on the kids -- losing both parents to prison.   I too hope they went to foster homes that showed them a normal loving home life and that each of them received excellent secular therapy.  I can't remember if any of the kids were sent to live with relatives of either parent. 

Yes, but the kids had been completely brutalised, as the Judge pointed out.  Their testimony was absolutely chilling.  Hana was treated as an infectious rabid sub-human and Immanuel was treated as an animal.  And the bio children were just fine with that.  :(

The oldest kid was 18 and joined the army.  He wrote letters defending his parents.

We don't know where the others ended up.  I hope in good foster care and with really good therapy to attempt to cast out the evil and instill normal human empathy and compassion into their brains,

2 hours ago, starfish said:

Or perhaps we could send MamaJuneBug in to visit her.... 

Why wish that on MBJ?  She is a very gentle soul.

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Moi??? To what do I owe this dishonor???

Perhaps because whenever you say "moi" I rather see you as Miss Piggy.  Perhaps I am not alone.  

Got to love Miss Piggy's verve.  Kermie is not the right target though.  Carri would be.

And I am determinedly nonviolent.  Sometimes I really envy Miss Piggy.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 5

23 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Thanks for these insights.

And consider yourself un-outed, at least to me who probably lives pretty close to you. It has occurred to me more than once that someone who wanted to put together my various little bits of info shared here could almost certainly figure out my ID. But I'm confident I'm not that interesting.

I have mentioned enough things about Mr. Briefly's home based business that I'm sure we are probably easily identifiable.  Which normally is terrifying, given that I have been stalked.  But I trust this site more than just about anything else.  I know, we are all just people with all the faults, etc. that go with that.  But I feel a lot less pressure here than most places, as far as not id'ing myself.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

....Why wish that on MBJ?  She is a very gentle soul.

Perhaps because whenever you say "moi" I rather see you as Miss Piggy.  Perhaps I am not alone.  

Got to love Miss Piggy's verve.  Kermie is not the right target though.  Carri would be.

And I am determinedly nonviolent.  Sometimes I really envy Miss Piggy.

Moi is most delighted to be identified with The Porcine One!  I’m charitably guessing that @starfish might have been thinking of my stealth attendance at a Maxbad dog & pony show.  (It prompted memories of how I signed the mat of a commemorative  framed graphic as “Jinger Freeh” along with others who were signing the mat, invited to do so by the hosting organization.  They were  giving the Maxii the framed print in appreciation. Funny we’ve never seen evidence of it hanging anywhere in the Fathership.  And no, I don’t think “Jinger’s” signature has a thing to do with that  It just isn’t devotional enough for their consideration.)

That and my crashing of the fundie wedding ceremony of  Steven Loomis and Ofsteven, ah yes, good times. 

Where is Carri incarcerated? I haven’t been to the PNW in a decade. But wait, I’m sure the authorities would require my actual ID for processing my visit.  Like other FJ’ers, I value my privacy. Also I want to avoid unrepentant criminals at all costs. 

So, Thank you, but no, Sr. Starfish. ☺️

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Moi is most delighted to be identified with The Porcine One!  I’m charitably guessing that @starfish might have been thinking of my stealth attendance at a Maxbad dog & pony show.  (It prompted memories of how I signed the mat of a commemorative  framed graphic as “Jinger Freeh” along with others who were signing the mat, invited to do so by the hosting organization.  They were  giving the Maxii the framed print in appreciation. Funny we’ve never seen evidence of it hanging anywhere in the Fathership.  And no, I don’t think “Jinger’s” signature has a thing to do with that  It just isn’t devotional enough for their consideration.)

That and my crashing of the fundie wedding ceremony of  Steven Loomis and Ofsteven, ah yes, good times. 

Where is Carri incarcerated? I haven’t been to the PNW in a decade. But wait, I’m sure the authorities would require my actual ID for processing my visit.  Like other FJ’ers, I value my privacy. Also I want to avoid unrepentant criminals at all costs. 

So, Thank you, but no, Sr. Starfish. ☺️

Yes, I was thinking of your stealth attendance at the Loomis wedding. Good times indeed! If anyone could pull off a prison visit of a hardened fundie criminal, it would be you MamaJuneBug. I give you all the props as the kids say. I think all we need is a fake id in the name of "Jinger Freeh". But then again, besides pulling one over on that specimen, I'm not sure why we would want to visit the evil Carri.

We need to find more fundie things to sign as "Jinger Freeh" in my opinion. lol

• I Agree 2

On the topic of Botkin sightings: https://medium.com/@katherineheline/why-the-devil-gets-all-the-good-music-dbe4335e7098

Katie Botkin!

On the topic of G.A. Henty books https://www.amazon.com/Reign-Terror-Extraordinary-Adventures-G/dp/B01N1MFBAZ

a Henty audio drama with voice acting by John Rhys-Davies and BRIAN BLESSED.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

On 2/18/2019 at 12:21 AM, CyborgKin said:

...and BRIAN BLESSED.

I was looking at his IMDb page, and he still works so much that I wouldn't be surprised if he had no idea of the ideological underpinnings of this job. In this fairly recent interview, he says he hates Trump, loves the Dalai Lama, values tolerance...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/09/brian-blessed-actor-interview

I think he's just one of these Michael Caine types who'll sign on to pretty much anything, as long as he's working. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:21 AM, CyborgKin said:

I love this line:

"Years later, I found the answer: because it is difficult to create compelling art by ignoring 80% of human experience."

Katie rocks.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 2/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Thanks for these insights.

And consider yourself un-outed, at least to me who probably lives pretty close to you. It has occurred to me more than once that someone who wanted to put together my various little bits of info shared here could almost certainly figure out my ID. But I'm confident I'm not that interesting.

I think  a few us us live in this area. I'm not that interesting, either. Or, rather, the jucier aspects of my online life are not on FJ.

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I think  a few us us live in this area. I'm not that interesting, either. Or, rather, the jucier aspects of my online life are not on FJ.

Ha, yeah, my life is NOT juicy. On or offline :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Peter has posted on his business page and shared an April Fools joke to a local BST group. Isn't his whole life an April Fools? 

Edited by eowyn1217
Anonymity
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, eowyn1217 said:

Peter has posted on his business page and shared an April Fools joke to a local BST group. Isn't his whole life an April Fools? 

BST?

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, refugee said:

BST?

Buy, Sell Trade.

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• 9 months later...

Not sure where to put this, but Cecily Bradrick Barnes's husband had a liver transplant in July, per her mother's FB.

• Thank You 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, snickerz said:

Not sure where to put this, but Cecily Bradrick Barnes's husband had a liver transplant in July, per her mother's FB.

I hope he is doing well. I remember seeing Cecily irl several times, she is very beautiful and classy so I am glad she found someone (I used to stalk her fb a lot lol). My husband (who also is a former fundie) works at the Costco where Bradrick! has his realty business so I am always inquiring about Bradrick! sightings.

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Does anyone follow Kelly on Instagram? She's changed her Insta profile pic!

What's her Insta name?

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

What's her Insta name?

kellyjeannette

She has certainly managed to evade the social media radar.

• Thank You 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 6:18 AM, hoipolloi said:

kellyjeannette

She has certainly managed to evade the social media radar.

Finally found a picture of Kelly with her newish husband Robert Ziegler (the former Christian teacher) and it looks like she’s had baby no.7 + her younger sister Claudia is now married! -

Spoiler

11ED4189-4142-44E1-9077-93C5D7853E45.thumb.jpeg.4ae25aa944949e8f0c5e7beead71bb3c.jpeg

Claudia’s wedding video: 

Edited by Laura2730
  • Thank You 9

Christian Heritage is the Voddie/Bradrick homeschool association our here: https://christianheritagewa.org/events/2020-spring-conference/

I attended one year and saw Mom Bradrick there as well as the most depressing stay-at-home-daughter panel ever. I wrote about it here on fj a few years back.

I agree with the above poster that king county and Portland metro area skew liberal but much of OR and WA are very conservative (I grew up in Portland and now live in greater Seattle area). Just go East across the pass and you start seeing Trump support signs everywhere and the closer you get to Idaho the more you have of the Douglas Wilson vibes.

Of course just because an area is “blue” doesn’t mean there isn’t racism and injustice or patriarchy and movements like Mars Hill Church, but there is lip service to more progressive ideas. 

Also agree that the treatment of Native Americans in this region is a quiet tragedy...

eta: link to old thread where I visited the conference and wrote a long description...still makes me so sad to remember it. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Finally found a picture of Kelly with her newish husband Robert Ziegler (the former Christian teacher) and it looks like she’s had baby no.7 +

It's a happy family wedding photo, but neither of them are smiling in that picture. 

Is that Scottie officiating the ceremony? These fundie pastors just go on and on, but at least he's very upbeat and talking about happiness in marriage and how much he and his wife enjoy each other.  Let's hope that's for real. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Finally found a picture of Kelly with her newish husband Robert Ziegler (the former Christian teacher) and it looks like she’s had baby no.7 + her younger sister Claudia is now married! -

Hide contents

11ED4189-4142-44E1-9077-93C5D7853E45.thumb.jpeg.4ae25aa944949e8f0c5e7beead71bb3c.jpeg

Claudia’s wedding video: 

That’s way too many kids for only three couples. And there will be so many more. Kelly does not look very happy in that picture. For her sake, I hope they use some form of birth control in the future. I wonder if she just “settled” on the first guy who showed any interest after her divorce. Because being a single fundie mom to 6 young children has to be so hard. And if she did settle, she’s now stuck with this guy for life. Because getting divorced once is bad enough in fundie land. But twice? Unthinkable. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if she just “settled” on the first guy who showed any interest after her divorce.

I wonder if there was some matchmaking done, or the man approached Scottie, and she was basically ordered to settle. There's some kind of vibe there that makes that guy look like a humorless, patriarchal, abusive ass. I'm so hoping for Kelly that it's just a moment in time and her husband isn't abusing them physically/psychologically.   

• Upvote 10