IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 2: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)

Coconut Flan

The restrictions they were referring too was tv/movie watching.  Si said they had a lot of restrictions on what they could watch, and still do. I'm assuming he meant the current restrictions are self imposed, as in they are choosing to not watch things that they would find inappropriate. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ben is home schooling the J'kids? And presumably Spurgeon and Henry when it's time. Were the M'kids in the promo at the supermarket?

Let's all remember this the next time we shit on Jill. What is Jessa doing? Sitting at TTH while her husband schools the kids and other people watch her own. Sure, Jill and Derick are trainwrecks, but she does a hell of a lot more than her sister. Maybe that's why it's so much easier for Jessa to be "joyful and happy" around her kids - when other people do that much to help you, sure it's a hell of a lot less stressful than having a husband who is out of the house all day and two kids that you yourself are home schooling and you have to prepare all the (canned soup) meals, do the laundry, and everything else.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

But why would anyone be surprised about that?  I think its more likely that Lauren, Jessa, and one more J'wife/J'kid is pregnant at the same time and due at the same time.  

@Buzzard, you know damn well that nobody will be surprised and that TLC doesn't give a shit. It would make sense if the announcement was anything the audience doesn't already know... and that's exactly why I don't think it will be. It's just not their style.  If the producers knew how to present this as an exciting (or even watchable) show they would have done it several seasons ago.

Can we pump the brakes on this runaway train for a moment (or whatever you do with a train lmao, I don't know)? People are talking like we know for a fact that Ben is over at the TTH every day with his own kids homeschooling while Jessa sits at home alone and eats bonbons. Where did this idea come from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the preview showed Ben taking the kids on a field trip. I've never seen any indication that he's the full time SOTDRT teacher at the TTH, and Spurgeon and Henry are too young for SOTDRT anyway. Please fill me in if I've missed something!

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Can we pump the brakes on this runaway train for a moment (or whatever you do with a train lmao, I don't know)? People are talking like we know for a fact that Ben is over at the TTH every day with his own kids homeschooling while Jessa sits at home alone and eats bonbons. Where did this idea come from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the preview showed Ben taking the kids on a field trip. I've never seen any indication that he's the full time SOTDRT teacher at the TTH, and Spurgeon and Henry are too young for SOTDRT anyway. Please fill me in if I've missed something!

Nooooo, because then we can't keep furthering the Evil Jessa theories/narratives! /s

SiRen's honeymoon looked so lame it made all the other honeymoons look downright fantastic and I don't blame it on Austria! The other couples all seemed excited to be off somewhere together and looked like newlyweds on a honeymoon whatever they were doing. SiRen didn't really give off that vibe IMO.

It was a weird itinerary for them. Like, going on the mini re-enactment tour of the sound of music with a random group of other tourists to dance awkwardly around and sing out of key on camera....I honestly thought to myself "are they (TLC) trying to make them look like idiots on their honeymoon with this?" Nothing against nerding out with a re-enactment tour if that's your thing...but it just seemed bizarre for them on their honeymoon. 

Then coffee, which Lauren hates and Si only drinks to stay awake. K. I was expecting them to end up at some bakery full of gluten that Lauren couldn't eat... I mean that would go with the theme of random events that Lauren doesn't seem that into. 

Overall it just didn't seem intimate or like they were clicking at all. Who know's? Maybe things are different off camera, who am I to say they're not a happy couple. It just doesn't really look like it ever, IMO.

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Nooooo, because then we can't keep furthering the Evil Jessa theories/narratives! /s

Evil Jessa is best Jessa.

jessa-duggar.jpg.67c99910398011a06d69ec3888961e91.jpg

Ben would make a slightly, just slightly better teacher than anyone else in that family. But that's not saying a a whole lot. All of them are woefully ignorant.

I'm not getting this Siren vibe, they are an AWKWARD AF couple and seem pretty ill suited. Si was always a goofball and goofy, Lauren is very reserved, just watching her last night and I was like OH I get her now.  She always seemed stand offish and snotty, I don't think that anymore, I think she is just quiet & formal almost. I'm not saying this to be a negative, it is just some peoples personality, that they are not as demonstrative as others.  Joe & Kendra were both nervous dimwits on their honeymoon, Jessa and Ben were lost kids in Europe, Joy and Austin were diving in head first to adventures and JinJer walked around doing photo ops with each other, they seemed to work and enjoy themselves together, where Siren looked like they were married at first sight contestants. 

15 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Siren looked like they were married at first sight contestants. 

This. Yes, that's sort of what they seem like to me. Like they are always on a first date or something or are still on a series of first dates. 

In a way, the honeymoon events for any of the couples is like a series of first dates for them as it is the first time they get to be alone.  The others we've seen on their honeymoons  seemed to gel in a different way. 

I do agree that Lauren's personality seems to be reserved and her excited and happy might look more mellow and underwhelmed to us, especially if compared to bubbly Kendra or gushing Jinger, or more forceful personalities like Jessa or Joy. 

Okay, I looked up that Cinema Snob review of Kendra's favorite movie, War Room..... :pb_lol: I kind of want to hate-watch this now.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not getting this Siren vibe, they are an AWKWARD AF couple and seem pretty ill suited. Si was always a goofball and goofy, Lauren is very reserved, just watching her last night and I was like OH I get her now.  She always seemed stand offish and snotty, I don't think that anymore, I think she is just quiet & formal almost. I'm not saying this to be a negative, it is just some peoples personality, that they are not as demonstrative as others.  Joe & Kendra were both nervous dimwits on their honeymoon, Jessa and Ben were lost kids in Europe, Joy and Austin were diving in head first to adventures and JinJer walked around doing photo ops with each other, they seemed to work and enjoy themselves together, where Siren looked like they were married at first sight contestants. 

Ironically, Lauren's demeanor would probably make Austria a good fit for her (source: went to Vienna as a tourist and was struck by how reserved and formal people were while also being very nice and welcoming, especially if you made an effort to speak German -- Austrians, to me and at least the ones I met, were the textbook case of the "coconut" metaphor in cross-cultural communication: hard on the outside, but really soft and sweet on the inside). 

I do worry about her and Si. They just seem so awkward together, and now they've just gone through a miscarriage, which can be hard on incredibly strong and stable marriages, and I'd imagine it's even harder on a shaky marriage where you're not quite sure what to make of/how to deal with each other. 

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Okay, I looked up that Cinema Snob review of Kendra's favorite movie, War Room..... :pb_lol: I kind of want to hate-watch this now.

How did none of them pick "the passion of the christ?"  Also, werent the Duggars actually IN some fundie movie?  Shouldnt that be the favorite?

Cinema Snob does a lot of funny reviews. So does Say Goodnight Kevin. He's a Christian but does a great job at holding Christian movies accountable. @Buzzard, Passion of the Christ is R rated. While some fundies helped make it the highest grossing R rated movie of all time, I doubt any of the Duggars would. Also Passion does have a few  details like the woman wiping Christ's face that are specific to Catholic traditions. I expect that would also upset the Duggars. 

10 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Also Passion does have a few  details like the woman wiping Christ's face that are specific to Catholic traditions. I expect that would also upset the Duggars. 

I have a lot of timeline/factual issues with the Duggar's portrayal of life.  Doesnt stop me from watching it!  Hypocrisy at its finest!

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

So Ben is home schooling the J'kids? And presumably Spurgeon and Henry when it's time. Were the M'kids in the promo at the supermarket?

Let's all remember this the next time we shit on Jill. What is Jessa doing? Sitting at TTH while her husband schools the kids and other people watch her own. Sure, Jill and Derick are trainwrecks, but she does a hell of a lot more than her sister. Maybe that's why it's so much easier for Jessa to be "joyful and happy" around her kids - when other people do that much to help you, sure it's a hell of a lot less stressful than having a husband who is out of the house all day and two kids that you yourself are home schooling and you have to prepare all the (canned soup) meals, do the laundry, and everything else.

Wow, that’s some pretty damn sexist nonsense you have going on there.

So out of the 80 minutes of filmed footage this season ( 2 episodes of 40 minutes each, give or take), how much of that footage was actual new? 20 minutes? These folks and this show are frauds. The Voulos must get paid each time Jinger’s final prenatal visit, induction and delivery are shown. No wonder Jeremy doesn’t have to do any actual preacher work.

TLC, if you can’ t do better, do not renew this show!!!

46 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

How did none of them pick "the passion of the christ?"  Also, werent the Duggars actually IN some fundie movie?  Shouldnt that be the favorite?

That is a Catholic movie! 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I just don't see chemistry between them. Maybe because she is so reserved and he seems like his heart isn't into any of this. 

War Room is a Kendricks Bros. movie. They also did Fireproof with Kirk Cameron and Flywheel and recently the brothers were in a photo with Jana I think on insta. 

Did anyone else find it pretentious when Jeremy said his fave movie was a beautiful mind?......for no other reason than it came out of Jeremy's pretentious mouth?:2wankers:

Also when he was outmaneuvered by the diaper genie and said Felicity was laughing at him for not being able to use it. The baby probably had gas, but we're laughing at you Jeremy, we're always laughing at you.

Not with you. At you.

Granted, I didn't see the show, but the 'Bin homeskoolz' bit sounds like the other contrived plots he's been in...Bin raps!  Bin 'babysits' his own kids!  Bin makes dinner for Jessa *while* watching the kids!  

Bin taking the kids to the grocery store probably makes the most sense since he knows at least a little about proper nutrition, but I don't think he's homefooling on a regular basis.  He's presumably still in school and interning at the church.

What I find interesting about this show is that it simultaneously tries to normalize them *and* remind you that they're very different from the rest of us.  

Does anyone actually believe that what we see on the show is an accurate portrayal of what happens day to day in the Duggars lives? 

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The restrictions they were referring too was tv/movie watching.  Si said they had a lot of restrictions on what they could watch, and still do. I'm assuming he meant the current restrictions are self imposed, as in they are choosing to not watch things that they would find inappropriate. 

i don't think that is what he meant.  And even if it were. Again he is a  grown ass man on his honeymoon who is married...clearly the others have moved on...didn't jill and derick once watch some play (don't make me go through their instagram) ....he is scared / was scared at that point. If he still is - well then he has more issues. 

and Jessa watches and is blown away by Joanna Gaines of fixer upper, granted that is tame and normal - but she doesn't shy away from telling her audience and it makes her normalish. 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does anyone actually believe that what we see on the show is an accurate portrayal of what happens day to day in the Duggars lives? 

hello

no 

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Wow, that’s some pretty damn sexist nonsense you have going on there.

My point is not that women should be in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Obviously if it were, I wouldn't be here.

My point is that Jill constantly gets shit on for everything she does - she's a terrible cook, her house is a mess, her kids are wearing inappropriate winter clothing, she takes photos of herself in wrinked clothing, she can't take one good photo, she feeds her kids crap, she may or may not be reading her kids books on the confederacy based on some blurry image of a book largely obscured by other books (most of which were very mainstream kids' books), she reads books to Izzy that are inappropriate for his age, topic or whatever. Like literally EVERY single thing she does is bad. And I don't want to be white knighting for her because I actually find her one of the most irritating Duggars by a mile, but come on.

Meanwhile we don't see Jessa cooking much of anything at all, her house is equally as messy (I've not seen anything as nasty as soiled diapers piled around and I have young children), she and Ben eat out a lot (but nobody questions how THEY pay for it), she's at TTH waaaay more than Jill, and with the kids (meaning she doesn't have to watch them or entertain them and probably not cook for them while she is there). All the while Jill has a totally useless husband who doesn't help her in any way, she's home mostly alone with those boys, she's doing the home schooling, and all manner of housekeeping, and keeping up her blog (bless her). So call it "damn sexist" because you choose to interpret my observation that the one sister who actually appears to do much more with her time is shit on constantly while the other is praised for how much of a more natural mother she is. There is a clear double standard and hypocrisy going on.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived