IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 2: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Uh, I think that's already what the show is. The producers are buying used to save the difference.

Next thread title ?

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Kendra - The waroom

Her favorite movie is the one that tells you to stay with your abusive husband? That is so depressing. 

8 hours ago, nst said:

a grown ass man who is married ie Josiah says on his HONEYMOON we still have restrictions.

What are these restrictions they are still under?!?!?

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

What are these restrictions they are still under?!?!?

this is just beyond ridiculous and speaks to how much of a child Josiah is and thinks he is. Jessa can cover it to a degree....Jinger can't 

But Josiah hasn't changed. 

It's insane.  The entire conversation about the movies was stupid and just showed that these people are clueless..but Josiah's comment brought to a level that is absurd. 

As someone who is too poor to even travel to the next state over. I wanted to smack the shit out of josiah and Lauren. I'm josiah's age and never been out of the country. I took German in college and i was yelling at the TV because they werent even trying to get the pronounciatuon right. 

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is this supposed to mean something?  I'm missing something, which is nothing new.

Lauren suffers a miscarriage VERY shortly after learning she is pregnant.  These shitheads cant even be bothered to edit this part out of the season.  Nope, they'll exploit their joy and then their sorrow because dollars matter more than people! 

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think the 'big announcement' was part of the preview for the entire season, not just this episode. We know that Lauren and Josiah's announcement is coming up. Then there's the announcement that people have interpreted as being Jim Bob's announcement, but I think that's just TLC's editing. That announcement is almost certainly Jessa's pregnancy.

But why would anyone be surprised about that?  I think its more likely that Lauren, Jessa, and one more J'wife/J'kid is pregnant at the same time and due at the same time.  

12 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

International travel is so wasted on these people. Why don't they just go to Florida or something?

Fly them to Albuquerque and tell them they are over seas. 

34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

But why would anyone be surprised about that?  I think its more likely that Lauren, Jessa, and one more J'wife/J'kid is pregnant at the same time and due at the same time.  

Do you mean why would anyone be surprised about Jessa being pregnant? I dunno. Why would anyone be surprised about any of these women being pregnant? It's TLC's nonsense editing at work, I guess. Jessa's pregnancy has not been teased at all in the previews for this season, but "Jim Bob's announcement" seems to be taking place at the same party where Jessa had her announcement photos taken. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Do you mean why would anyone be surprised about Jessa being pregnant? I dunno. Why would anyone be surprised about any of these women being pregnant? It's TLC's nonsense editing at work, I guess. Jessa's pregnancy has not been teased at all in the previews for this season, but "Jim Bob's announcement" seems to be taking place at the same party where Jessa had her announcement photos taken. 

Not only have they not teased it, but she said "I'm not pregnant" last night.  The editing is ridiculous.

This is kind of pointless to share, but I feel like it anyway. In the preview for the next episode it shows Ben taking the kids to a supermarket for homeschool. I was recently waiting on a prescription at Publix (Grocery store) and noticed a school bus pull up and a bunch of elementary aged kids hopped out. I was sitting there thinking, "man, I hope they went somewhere else too. How lame." Anyway, I said something to a friend via text and she said it's pretty common and that her kids went to grocery store for a field trip too. Shows how much I knew. I'm not saying Ben is teaching them anything profound either, but apparently it's not as crazy of a field trip idea as I thought at the time. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not only have they not teased it, but she said "I'm not pregnant" last night.  The editing is ridiculous.

Well, to be fair, she wasn't pregnant when that was filmed. I just think it's hilarious that they're obviously building up to Jessa's pregnancy being this big surprise announcement when everyone's known about it for months and it's already old news.

9 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

This is kind of pointless to share, but I feel like it anyway. In the preview for the next episode it shows Ben taking the kids to a supermarket for homeschool. I was recently waiting on a prescription at Publix (Grocery store) and noticed a school bus pull up and a bunch of elementary aged kids hopped out. I was sitting there thinking, "man, I hope they went somewhere else too. How lame." Anyway, I said something to a friend via text and she said it's pretty common and that her kids went to grocery store for a field trip too. Shows how much I knew. I'm not saying Ben is teaching them anything profound either, but apparently it's not as crazy of a field trip idea as I thought at the time. 

My class went on a field trip to the local market when I was in kindergarten or grade one. We were tasked with buying ingredients to make stone soup. It was fun. I think they were trying to teach us things about the basics of shopping, recipes, choosing ingredients, and of course counting, simple arithmetic, etc. Also sharing and all that good stuff. And we got to make the soup and eat it, so all in all, a pretty nice field trip.

Honestly field trip to the market is a brilliant idea. You think grocery shopping is a no brainier but it does take a bit of know how to do. My son was out on his own fora  few months and he called me and said "mom how do you grocery shop" I'm not sure what I'm doing here, it seemed so stupid at the time, but he asked some legitimate questions, about prices, products, how much to buy for X number of people stuff like that. so I walked him through it. He's pretty good at it now, but at first it was a bit overwhelming for him. He didn't know how often you bought stuff like cooking oil, or sugar or salt, stuff like that.  It really does seem stupid but if you've never done it how would you know? 

15 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I remember going on a trip and learning about expiration dates, eating from the "outside" of the store instead of the middle aisles, coupons etc.

I think its funny that they're so low on plot lines that we're back to the supermarket.  This has to be the billionth "duggars go shopping" episode.  Do we get to revisit the pantry, too?

Can we talk about the honeymoon for a minute?  I'm so confused by their choice.  Did they really choose a location so they could go on a single "sound of music" tour, yet they learned exactly ZERO German, clearly have no idea about the history of the movie and family, and really had no interest in doing the other things TLC set them up for?  She doesnt eat cake, Josiah gets cake.  She doesnt like coffee and he knows nothing about it, so they go to a cafe.  She didnt like the driving tour because its hard for her to drive at her height.  They went to a farm to milk goats and eat lunch??? Its all so random, almost like TLC didnt tell them where they were going or what they were doing until they landed.

Are they so boring that they have no hobbies/interests/ANYTHING that would be customized to a person beyond seeing where a movie was filmed?  

6 hours ago, SadieJane said:

Missionary with minimal eye contact. Sounds kinky.

Time to break out the Holy Hole in the Sheet.

Please see the spoiler for a Front Hugs exclusive!!111!1!111!!11!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

What if TLC didn't air repetitive footage or weddings three separate times. Maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't be eight years and a bajillion pregnancies behind, seeing a courting proposal when that couple's announced their third pregnancy, and potentially watching Josie's teen bride wedding when she's ninety.

I know I'm brilliant :my_cool: I expect an offer from TLC's television development team any minute now...

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

I missed something. What wedding restrictions was Josiah talking about? 

That’s what I’m wondering.  Did he mention they still had restrictions but didn’t say what they were?  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived