IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 2: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)

Coconut Flan

Season 9 (according to thetvdb) begins with episode one after a countdown to the new season show:

Love Is in the Air

With the due date near, Jinger and Jeremy get ready to meet baby Vuolo.   Meanwhile, John whisks Abbie away on a surprise trip to ask for her hand in marriage.  Later, Jinger's labor takes an unexpected turn.

Note as of 2/11/19: New episode talks about Lauren's miscarriage, beginning with the recap on page 3. - @choralcrusader8613

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conceiving quickly once doesn’t mean anything. For instance, Husband and I conceived our first cycle trying, miscarried, and conceived our (now 2 year old) daughter in the cycle immediately following our loss. We’re currently trying for baby two and this time it’s taking longer. We started trying over four months ago, are still only on cycle three, and have already spoken to my Doctor because my cycles are so long. Age and quality care could work in JoKen’s favor, but fertility can be really fickle and unpredictable even with the best preparation. The only couple I’d feel comfortable making a prediction about at this point are the Snuggars since they’ve had an established pattern for a while now

Exactly, we conceived DD on the first cycle. DS, 2 years and some help, it was tough.

I had a friend who got pregnant on her honeymoon so of course they just assumed they would have no issues conceiving after their son was born (I would have assumed the same thing) but they never conceived again after he was born. Never tried to prevent it, actively tried, but ended up adopting. 

So they're skipping John and Abbie's courtship and Siren's honeymoon, or just showing that out of sequence. Wouldn't be the first time I guess.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

So they're skipping John and Abbie's courtship and Siren's honeymoon, or just showing that out of sequence. Wouldn't be the first time I guess.

They’re definitely showing SiRen’s honeymoon because it was in the promo. I don’t think they’re showing John and Abbie’s courtship though. They didn’t even film the court postal which makes me think they were more private with it. But who knows with these people

There really wasn't much of a courtship was there? It was like courtship and then boom engagement. 

Here in the netherlands we are a bit behind but just a while back I saw Siren’s wedding and the showed a litte bit of Abbie and JD sitting in the church. And after the wedding you can her Lauren saying to Abbie you are next. So don’t know if he proposed by then or that they where just courting...

ugh duggars and timelines....

The show is just so laughably behind real life, and with the Duggars being so active on Instagram now it's really ridiculous. "Getting ready to meet Baby Vuolo" when we've seen 5000 pictures of Felicity already. 

Okay, here’s what I’d like clarified in the upcoming season: the jobs and places where the adult Duggars live. 

As far as I know-

Josh - runs one of the Duggar used car lots   Anna - SHM and Homeschooling teacher. Do they own their own house or live in one of JimBob’s? Are they in the same town or just nearby?

Jana - SHD. Helps parents and siblings. Lives at TTH.

John - pilot, isn’t he also some kind of deputy?  Abbie - has Nursing diploma. Probably SHW. No idea where they are living, but close to TTH

Jill - SHM - homeschooling teacher.  Derek - Uni student (Law).  Rental house. Not sure where. 

Jessa - SHM.  Ben - Uni student (Bible).  Small house that Josh and Anna lived in. Was owned by Grandma Mary. How far from TTH

Jinger - SHM.  Jeremy - pastor, Divinity Student. Own their house in Laredo, TX. 

Joseph - no idea what he does. Some Duggar business?  Kendra - SHM.  They live on the Duggar compound in a log cabin that belonged to his grandparents. 

Josiah - no idea what he does.  Did he ever get any credits from College Minus?  Lauren - SHW.  They live in a rental apartment. Not sure which town.

Joy - SHM.  Austin - contractor and house flipper. They were living in a trailer. Not sure where they are now. 

Jeremiah - no idea what he does. College? Trade? TTH

Jedediah - no idea what he does. College? Trade? TTH

Jason - no idea what he does. College? Trade?  TTH 

James - might have graduated or is a senior at the school of the dining room table. No idea if he has post secondary school plans. TTH

Justin, Jackson - high school students. TTH

Johanna, Jennifer, Tyler, Jordyn, Josie - elementary students. TTH

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

There really wasn't much of a courtship was there? It was like courtship and then boom engagement. 

I can't help but think they knew each other longer than they're putting on.

5 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I can't help but think they knew each other longer than they're putting on.

They moved in the same circles for years. So of course they've known each other for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They moved in the same circles for years. So of course they've known each other for a long time. 

Yeah, but that's not what John David said. He said they knew of each other but never really met.

I don't find it hard to believe at all that they knew 'of' each other for years but only really met right before they started courting. It's easy to move at breakneck speed when you truly and honestly believe that God is directing your actions. No need to really get to know someone or think carefully about your choice when you're confident that God is telling you to marry this person.

8 hours ago, Markie said:

Okay, here’s what I’d like clarified in the upcoming season: the jobs and places where the adult Duggars live. 

As far as I know-

Josh - runs one of the Duggar used car lots   Anna - SHM and Homeschooling teacher. Do they own their own house or live in one of JimBob’s? Are they in the same town or just nearby? They live about 12 miles from the TTH, not in the same town. The home was transferred to an LLC when Josh went to Jesus Jail, probably to protect it from a lawsuit. We don't know who owns the LLC but it's probably Josh and Anna since they still live in the house.

John - pilot, isn’t he also some kind of deputy?  Abbie - has Nursing diploma. Probably SHW. No idea where they are living, but close to TTHAbbie has her Arkansas nursing license. I don't know that she would have done that if she was a SHW. I can't find any online evidence of them living in John's house, it still appears to be rented out.

Jill - SHM - homeschooling teacher.  Derek - Uni student (Law).  Rental house. Not sure where. Their rental is about 15 miles from the TTH.

Jessa - SHM.  Ben - Uni student (Bible).  Small house that Josh and Anna lived in. Was owned by Grandma Mary. How far from TTHThey are about 7 miles from the TTH and I double checked today, they still own the house and haven't purchased anything new.

Josiah - no idea what he does.  Did he ever get any credits from College Minus?  Lauren - SHW.  They live in a rental apartment. Not sure which town. Looking online, Josiah is associated with one of the car lot properties. It does have a house, so they may be living there or he may just work at the car lot.

Has anyone seen this Duggar birthday message generator yet? H/T to the reddit user who created it.

https://form.jotform.com/90314848609160

Happy birthday to our precious blessing , KeshetParparNesicha! It is so hard to believe you are already 25! We literally have no memories of you since you were born and frequently forget your name! But, we are so proud of the precious, Godly woman that you have become. We are so thankful for you and the deep love and commitment you have for Christ! We are just so excited to see what the Lord has in store for you as you enter this new season of life. We love you so very much, Happy Birthday!

6 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

Has anyone seen this Duggar birthday message generator yet? H/T to the reddit user who created it.

This made me laugh so I had to try it too. The questions were funny. Here's mine:

"Happy birthday to our first-born daughter, PumaLover! It is so hard to believe you are already 40! We literally have no memories of you since you were born and frequently forget your name! But, we are so proud of the precious, Godly woman that you have become. We are thankful for your witty sense of humor that always keeps us laughing and smiling! We love your commitment to Christ and your kind way of caring for and serving others. We are just so excited to see what the Lord has in store for you as you enter this new season of life. We love you so very much, Happy Birthday!"

Now, where's my Chocolate Mess?

In the last episode of last season we saw JD introducing Abbie as his girlfriend in a home video. 

So there courtposal was probably not filmed and appartently neither was the announcement to the family.

So I have the feeling that none of the courtship was filmed up until the proposal. Which would be a smart move by JD.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:55 AM, KeshetParparNesicha said:

https://form.jotform.com/90314848609160

I love it! Here's what I got: 

Happy birthday to our first-born daughter, Lumpen! It is so hard to believe you are already 36! We literally have no memories of you since you were born and frequently forget your name! But, we are so proud of the precious, Godly woman that you have become. You have such wonderful skills in the kitchen and we love the way that you honor and serve Christ with your homestyle, God-approved recipes. We prayed before you were born that you would find a strong, Godly husband to guide you and we have never been more proud. We love you so very much, Happy Birthday!

On 2/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Angelic83 said:

Here in the netherlands we are a bit behind but just a while back I saw Siren’s wedding and the showed a litte bit of Abbie and JD sitting in the church. And after the wedding you can her Lauren saying to Abbie you are next. So don’t know if he proposed by then or that they where just courting...

ugh duggars and timelines....

what weddings have I missed? 

I guess I am so behind weddings because the wedding craze of J&D and J&B were over the top and the rest is like whoboy a wedding 

so should i binge watch abbie and jd 

i know I could never sit through Josiah's - just tell me the highlights

On 2/1/2019 at 9:12 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Jinger's labor takes an unexpected turn.

As in, she gives birth to a three headed dog? No? ?

On 2/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, singsingsing said:

I don't find it hard to believe at all that they knew 'of' each other for years but only really met right before they started courting. It's easy to move at breakneck speed when you truly and honestly believe that God is directing your actions. No need to really get to know someone or think carefully about your choice when you're confident that God is telling you to marry this person.

It does happen, I got engaged to my husband 3 months after we met, and we were married 6 months after that, we only knew each other for 9 months when we married.  I was the same age Abbie is now when we married, its been 22 years now. 

BTW LOVE your new avatar, I strive to bet that level of bad ass.  

20 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It does happen, I got engaged to my husband 3 months after we met, and we were married 6 months after that, we only knew each other for 9 months when we married.  I was the same age Abbie is now when we married, its been 22 years now. 

BTW LOVE your new avatar, I strive to bet that level of bad ass.  

I have a similar story!! (10 months total) and 12 years now... :)

• Buzzard changed the title to Counting On Season 8/9/10: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived