IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 2: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)

Coconut Flan

a grown ass man who is married ie Josiah says on his HONEYMOON we still have restrictions.

I mean come CULT or what 

they never will leave the "family" this way 

pathetic 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing ourselves abroad and also birthin for jesus - part 3

(I've now been schooled on the proper way to order coffee in vienna by Mr. Buzzard.  Apparently you can order it "black" or "brown."  Thats it, otherwise, you are clearly clueless.  He also identified the whipped cream item as cake, likely sacher torte. Apparently that is NOT the place to order that but they are not dressed appropriately to get it from the primary place)

SAN ANTONIO

Jessa is at a restaurant with her kids, she updates us on jinger's status.  They think jinger is preoccupied with being in labor to be suspicious that they're there.

Jinger sits on a ball and her contractions are getting harder.  She's having a hard time with the pain, but has a fuck ton of fruit.

SALZBURG

They're doing a sound of music bike tour. No one is wearing helmets, the bikes has baskets.  Josiah tells us that he's seen the movie many times and there were 10 kids.  Its one of lauren's favorite movies.  Its an "old classic movie" about singing and being with family.  (apparently the running from Nazis part was lost on them)

They climb steps and sing "doh ray mi" out of tune.

They run through vineyards.

They dance on a fountain... 

Lauren splashes water like Maria

The Duggars didnt watch a lot of movies. Boob didnt want to "stifle their creativity."

Favorite movies

Joe - Sgt York

Kendra - The waroom

Jeremy - A beautiful Mind

Ben - Woodlawn

Lauren twirls in a field.

They see the house and its "amazing."

TEXAS

Jinger has had pitocin for a while now.  She's in pain and labor has slowed down.  They talked about an epidural at 7:00.  Jinger thinks that her mom had one, and you have to do whats best for you. She was so at the end and had no strength.  She couldnt relax.  Jeremy prays.

Why go to a coffee place if you don't like coffee?  I would have skipped it. I hate coffee, much like Lauren, the smell gags me. When I was pregnant with #2 I couldn't be near anyone who had coffee, the slightest wiff of coffee made me throw up.  #2 is 19 today and I still can't stand it.  So, I would have simply avoided the coffee shop and gone somewhere else. 

why would he even say that out loud? 

what can he not do ? 

insane 

and then Jeremy calling Ben and Jessa close friends to him and jinger

UM hello - Jinger is her sister.

Don't re-write history dude 

but josiah just pisses me off endlessly 

Epidurals and twirling in fields - Part 4

TEXAS

Jinger has her epidural and she tells the nurse that she feels pressure.  They get the dr and tell her to call her family.  

Homevideo of a sheet.  Felicity is born and michelle says "you did it."  Jeremy and Jinger are so happy that she's here.  They comment that she has a double chin. Jeremy loves how strong she is and appreciates her and how incredible she is.

Michelle is wearing the same clothes as earlier.

Jessa says they got a text but didnt see it until 5 am.  She headed to the hospital with the double stroller.  Jinger claims to be excited that they are there.  Jeremy says they're close friends. Jessa asks for her vitals, 8 pounds 3 ounces.  jessa is excited that she is one of the first ones to hold the baby and she's had baby fever and now its intense.

Jeremy announces the name, Michelle coos. Jana tells them that the name means "happiness, joy, bliss" and is unique.

They finish the puzzel and put the last piece in the baby's hand.  Jinger puts the piece in the puzzle with felicity's foot.

TTH

Boob facetimes Jinger with the whole crew.  Everyone claps and says how cute she is.

Kendra cradles her baby and smiles

Boon, holding 2 babies, "it seems like we're having grandchild after grandchild."

Josiah's overly tight jeans piss me off endlessly. Also, he made a statement about how his and the Von Trapp family were a lot alike, and I was like, no.

I'm pretty sure theres been 6 minutes of new footage in the past 45 minutes - part 5

(TLC throwing some shade with all the Jazz commericals)

Josiah and Lauren are dressed in "traditional" clothes to "fit in" on the farm.  (Mr Buzzard is back and yelling that you wear that to festivals, not to a fucking farm)

They try things from the garden to compare english and german, like salad.  Lauren cant pronounce anything in german (Hes screaming CABBAGE)

They feed animals hay and bring a goat that they're going to milk.  Lauren hasnt done this in a while.  Josiah has done it once.  They laugh at him... he thinks its easier to milk a cow.

Jeremy jokes he didnt get to milk anything on their honeymoon and next trip he's gonna milk something.

Josiah keep saying "hes" happy - while milking it.

They head to the grill.  She thinks its "interesting" how they communicated because no one spoke each others language (as someone says something in english and tells them how to say it in german).

J'kids fuck up pronouncing German.

A woman asks Josiah in perfect english, how its like on birthdays.  

Josiah TH - they were really surprised at how many people are in my family. Theres always a birthday and ice cream.

Lauren liked the meal, Josiah takes a selfie.  They're headed back to arkansas tomorrow to start their life.

LAREDO

They bring felicity home. Jinger cant believe she's here and how adorable she is.  They bring her home (asleep).  They bring her to the nursery.  Jeremy things she likes the southwest theme.   Jinger wants to hold her but she needs a new diaper. She's a little excited about changing her own.  Its the sweetest and a joy changing a diaper.  Jeremy doesnt know how to work a diaper genie.

NEXT TIME

BIN homeskools - they take a field trip to a fucking supermarket

Jinger deals with a newborn and lack of sleep

Lauren and Josiah tell the family they're expecting, weaing an "alll in the making shirt." OH HELL NO

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Kendra - The waroom

When she said this, I instantly busted out laughing because all I could think about was the great Cinema Snob episode about this movie. 

Jessa claiming they didn't watch TV and movies because Jim Bob didn't want to stifle their creativity is such a load of shit. 

I realize they do this all the time, but the casual, glib lying just gobsmacks me.

I wonder if Binjerman is trying to go into youth ministry or Christian education and that's why he's suddenly taking the kids on a field trip. Otherwise is doesn't really make much sense, plot-wise.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I wonder if Binjerman is trying to go into youth ministry or Christian education and that's why he's suddenly taking the kids on a field trip. Otherwise is doesn't really make much sense, plot-wise.

I thought it was the most “interesting” (new) ten seconds of the show.

What has Ben been doing? Apparently, tutoring the littles. There have been brief glimpses before that he may have a broader home school foundation than the Duggars. And, he does well with kids. Maybe it works out for everyone and the brand to have him do the schooling.

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Lauren and Josiah tell the family they're expecting, weaing an "alll in the making shirt." OH HELL NO

Is this supposed to mean something?  I'm missing something, which is nothing new.

25 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Jessa claiming they didn't watch TV and movies because Jim Bob didn't want to stifle their creativity is such a load of shit. 

I realize they do this all the time, but the casual, glib lying just gobsmacks me.

that whole episode was insane what with Josiah and his married restrictions and the lying about the movies just over the top. And Jeremy "they are our closest friends crap"

I think the 'big announcement' was part of the preview for the entire season, not just this episode. We know that Lauren and Josiah's announcement is coming up. Then there's the announcement that people have interpreted as being Jim Bob's announcement, but I think that's just TLC's editing. That announcement is almost certainly Jessa's pregnancy.

Josiah talked about the Duggar family’s restrictions on what movies they were allowed to watch. I think Lauren’s shirt said, “Mama in the making.”

Ben homeschooling is ridiculous. What does Michelle do all damn day? Although from time the quick clip we saw, it looked like he might’ve been teaching them nutrition, which would explain the trip to the grocery store. We’ve seen on past episodes that it’s an area of interest for Ben. He is most likely self-taught but the fact that he even cares about nutrition makes him more qualified to teach it than Jim Bob or Michelle.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:25 AM, just_ordinary said:

@Chickenbutt -I quoted @SorenaJ as it’s a perfect explanation.

I actually enjoy attending church from time to time. It’s calming because I like the music and know the liturgy. We often went with my grandparents and when I was a little child as my mother used to be the organist from time to time. But church teachings aren’t a big thing in our society. It took me till my late twenties to realise that our Protestant church are actually an union of  Unitarian, Lutheran and Reformed Churches. I didn’t know, just noticed that the liturgy seemed to slightly vary. Our churches also don’t do big websites with proclamations. To be honest, I am always baffled how much energy and research many Americans put into their church decisions. Many things I read here sound utterly outdated from my social background- the discussion about preacher wives and their impact on the congregation for example. That’s how I imagine church and society in the 1960s. Christianity in my country is much more about cultural traditions than anything else. Not for everyone of course but for the majority.

@tabitha2 I never claimed to be an atheist and from my experience most churches (Christian or other) are actually very welcoming. You might no be able to take part in everything (Catholic’s often don’t give out Communion to non-Catholics as opposed to Protestant churches where everyone is invited for example) but they are mostly just happy you are interested. I am sure you have your own experiences and I am very  sorry if you live in a surrounding where religious groups don’t treat others welcoming and nice.

I wonder if having an official State Church maybe is the reason you don’t have a huge range in specific beliefs? 

If it’s a just kind of a given that almost everyone goes to x church, it’s basic tenants are taught in school, the government makes it official — the structure and ideology would  be more of just cultural background noise? Not something you’d really stop to think about? 

To me - in my corner of California - the idea of having an officially sanctioned church, even if it’s benevolent and basically just a holding spot for community tradition, seems on the surface to be very, very odd. But I suppose it could be nice.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

The Duggars didnt watch a lot of movies. Boob didnt want to "stifle their creativity."

Spoiler

ComplicatedFlusteredBlowfish-small.gif

Speaking about movies not being watched, the last week I've gotten so many ads for pure flicks and I'm just like can't I snark in peace without being bombarded with such ads!

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So a freaking repeat of repeats? Can they make it an entire season just showing old repeats?

Uh, I think that's already what the show is. The producers are buying used to save the difference.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived