IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

10 hours ago, EowynW said:

Idk why she's complaining about this. She's been through this 7 times already. Shouldn't she be used to it?

and she probably will be pregnant a few more times since she is only in her early 30s IIRC?!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie posted a picture from her bed today. Her mom took the kids because contractions but it didn't lead anywhere. She claims that she must do something and an 18 mile walk is just what she needs. I hope she was joking.

walking is GREAT before delivering. Not walking alone, of course. But it's highly reccommended for healthy mothers.

11 hours ago, EowynW said:

Idk why she's complaining about this. She's been through this 7 times already. Shouldn't she be used to it?

I'm not sure you can get used to a kind of (heavy) pain you experience every other year. Michelle Duggar was having her #17 and was in pain.

It's not only about deliveries. For example you can have headaches often and you'll never get used to that.

• Upvote 6

Holy cow, ask and ye shall receive. Yet another post with the often AWOL Shaun. Today it's scrabble and tea with not a single kid in sight. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

walking is GREAT before delivering. Not walking alone, of course. But it's highly reccommended for healthy mothers.

I'm not sure you can get used to a kind of (heavy) pain you experience every other year. Michelle Duggar was having her #17 and was in pain.

It's not only about deliveries. For example you can have headaches often and you'll never get used to that.

Oh come on, be serious. We all know that breaking a bone for the seventh time hardly hurts at all ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

and she probably will be pregnant a few more times since she is only in her early 30s IIRC?!

36. She could easily hit 10. I’m curious as to what number she will hit. 

• Upvote 5

She gets pregnant every other year. I think she will easily hit 10 but possibly 12. 

She could pull an Andrea Canning who had her first baby at 41 and went on to have 5 kids in 6 years. She’s pregnant with baby number 6 at age 46. I don’t know how she does it.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Holy cow, ask and ye shall receive. Yet another post with the often AWOL Shaun. Today it's scrabble and tea with not a single kid in sight. 

I'm guessing the kids are still with her mother, and will probably stay there until the baby is born

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I really don't think these Quiverfull fundamentalists think too far down the line. JB & Michelle would obviously have different circumstances considering if something seriously happened as they're so famous that fans would be throwing money at them via a GoFundMe, on top of all of the money JB has from the show tied up in a trust and in real estate.

For the Halberstadt family, things would be very different as they aren't as famous as the Duggars. What if one of their kids gets sick one day and needs extensive medical care? What if a few of them want to go to college and end up needing help? What if one of their kids, as an adult, falls on hard times and needs help? The list of possibilities are endless!

As a parent, wouldn't you want to be in a place where you can focus on having a high quality relationship (as much as possible) with your children? Obviously, this is not possible when you have 8 children.

They refuse to think far down the line. All they do is say they trust in God rather than plan for anything in advance. I have no respect for people like JRod and Braggie Abbie. They crave the attention that their many pregnancies give them and the children are an afterthought. Babies? Braggie doesn't even seem to like them. JRod only cares about the baby for a few minutes before passing it off to Nurie and is onto making the next one.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I really don't think these Quiverfull fundamentalists think too far down the line. JB & Michelle would obviously have different circumstances considering if something seriously happened as they're so famous that fans would be throwing money at them via a GoFundMe, on top of all of the money JB has from the show tied up in a trust and in real estate.

For the Halberstadt family, things would be very different as they aren't as famous as the Duggars. What if one of their kids gets sick one day and needs extensive medical care? What if a few of them want to go to college and end up needing help? What if one of their kids, as an adult, falls on hard times and needs help? The list of possibilities are endless!

As a parent, wouldn't you want to be in a place where you can focus on having a high quality relationship (as much as possible) with your children? Obviously, this is not possible when you have 8 children.

They refuse to think far down the line. All they do is say they trust in God rather than plan for anything in advance. I have no respect for people like JRod and Braggie Abbie. They crave the attention that their many pregnancies give them and the children are an afterthought. Babies? Braggie doesn't even seem to like them. JRod only cares about the baby for a few minutes before passing it off to Nurie and is onto making the next one.

I trust in God, too.  But I still have a savings account just in case.  Which I think is also trusting in God.  The ability to plan and be prepared as much as possible.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I just scrolled through my IG feed and saw the afore mentioned post in which Abbie put 3(!) rugs over one another. This insanity has to stop!! I don't know why but this makes me furious. Absolutely BEC moment here, but I've been studying the whole weekend and feel like this is my only contact to the outside world. And I'm sad. And frustrated. 

Rant over.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She gets pregnant every other year. I think she will easily hit 10 but possibly 12. 

She could pull an Andrea Canning who had her first baby at 41 and went on to have 5 kids in 6 years. She’s pregnant with baby number 6 at age 46. I don’t know how she does it.

at 46 i had nine year old and 2 year old granddaughters. i can't even imagine having a baby at 46, let alone my 6th one in as many years.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

at 46 i had nine year old and 2 year old granddaughters. i can't even imagine having a baby at 46, let alone my 6th one in as many years.

I’m 36 like Braggie and the thought of a newborn makes me cringe. I have a child the same age as her twins and a child the age of Theo. That’s plenty. But then again, I don’t have a mother that constantly takes them off my hands. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m 36 like Braggie and the thought of a newborn makes me cringe. I have a child the same age as her twins and a child the age of Theo. That’s plenty. But then again, I don’t have a mother that constantly takes them off my hands. 

I'm 39. Baby Nova moved out almost 6 years ago at age 17 to attend college. The thought of having a baby at this point in my life is frankly laughable. I did my time, I raised a good human and enjoyed every minute but starting over would be a prison sentence.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Braggie is constantly telling people what to post on her Instagram. It’s getting really old. Your followers aren’t your children Braggie. They can post what they want.

• Upvote 7

My friend spent a very long time planning a homebirth. Once she got to 43 weeks, at the advice of her midwife, she went to the hospital and received an induction.

Braggie is panicked that she won’t have “the perfect” homebirth. She is so annoying.

She’s already had homebirths and she needs to suck it up and be willing to do what’s best for the baby instead of acting like going to the hospital is the end of the world.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 15

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I'm 39. Baby Nova moved out almost 6 years ago at age 17 to attend college. The thought of having a baby at this point in my life is frankly laughable. I did my time, I raised a good human and enjoyed every minute but starting over would be a prison sentence.

My mom turned 39 about 2 1/2 months after I was born.  I was a surprise!  At the time I didn't realize it as much, but as an adult and a mother myself I can see that there were differences between my parents and the parents of my friends, just because my parents were older than most of my friend's parents.  They had slightly different interests and not as much in common with them, while they were about the same age as the parents of my brother and sister's friends.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

My friend spent a very long time planning a homebirth. Once she got to 43 weeks, at the advice of her midwife, she went to the hospital and received an induction.

Braggie is panicked that she won’t have “the perfect” homebirth. She is so annoying.

She’s already had homebirths and she needs to suck it up and be willing to do what’s best for the baby instead of acting like going to the hospital is the end of the world.

The only thing that matters is the health of mom and baby.  It doesn't matter where you deliver, if you had meds or not, vaginal or c-section.  But use the brain the good Lord gave you and take precautions.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

On 2/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, Briefly said:

If it's not something she did with her previous pregnancies, she may be doing it now for attention.  Maybe she's seen pictures of Meaghan Markle holding her pregnant belly and she's trying to get the attention back on herself?

I don't remember holding mine when I was pregnant.  I remember when it itched and drove me crazy, but not holding it.

I don't remember putting my hands under my stomach when pregnant, outside of two pictures we took to document for us how big I was/being pregnant. I'd rest them on top once or twice, but usually I'd do what I did with my hands pregnant or not: put them in any pockets I had or hold them together if I didn't have pockets and nothing to do or hold with them. It felt unnatural to emphasize my stomach, for me.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:48 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Walking's pretty much constantly recommended for pregnancy, both for exercise and triggering or encouraging labor. 17 miles, though?! 

I think I'd have more sympathy for her labor pains- 'cause, yeah, it hurts a lot unless you're really lucky- if she weren't so hung up on having a home birth and being better than everyone else. If she weren't, maybe she'd have enough self-awareness to realize that this is exactly why so many women get pain relief, not because not getting it is superior and the other women aren't but because everyone has their own pain tolerances and what they are willing to go through in the effort of having a baby.

• Upvote 9

The only other person I’ve ever seen to put her hands under her belly is Jill Rodrigues. Imagine those two locked in a room together. 

• Haha 15

6 minutes ago, catlady said:

The only other person I’ve ever seen to put her hands under her belly is Jill Rodrigues. Imagine those two locked in a room together. 

After an hour there would be a pile of hair on the floor as they screech bible verses at one another. 

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Briefly said:

My mom turned 39 about 2 1/2 months after I was born.  I was a surprise!  At the time I didn't realize it as much, but as an adult and a mother myself I can see that there were differences between my parents and the parents of my friends, just because my parents were older than most of my friend's parents.  They had slightly different interests and not as much in common with them, while they were about the same age as the parents of my brother and sister's friends.

What's interesting is that these days your Mum would not stick out so much. More and more women are waiting and the playgrounds are shifting from 20 something Mum's to more 30 something Mum's. In my peer group we had a few who had kids straight out of school, at least one of them, had a large age gap and went on and had a few more in her late 30's.

We had a few who had big age gaps between kids, when Mum after divorcing went on to have a second child with new husband. We have a lot of women in our group  who married for the first time in their mid to late 30's then had kids. 

In a birth group I was in we had 1 teen Mum, 5 in their 20's, 2 of them in their late, late 20's, 6 in their 30's 2 in their early 30's and 1 40 year old. While not scientific, reports are showing waiting to have kids is becoming more of the norm for many reasons. So older Mums arent the stand outs they used to be.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

What's interesting is that these days your Mum would not stick out so much. More and more women are waiting and the playgrounds are shifting from 20 something Mum's to more 30 something Mum's. In my peer group we had a few who had kids straight out of school, at least one of them, had a large age gap and went on and had a few more in her late 30's.

We had a few who had big age gaps between kids, when Mum after divorcing went on to have a second child with new husband. We have a lot of women in our group  who married for the first time in their mid to late 30's then had kids. 

In a birth group I was in we had 1 teen Mum, 5 in their 20's, 2 of them in their late, late 20's, 6 in their 30's 2 in their early 30's and 1 40 year old. While not scientific, reports are showing waiting to have kids is becoming more of the norm for many reasons. So older Mums arent the stand outs they used to be.

I think you are right that women are waiting until later overall. However I would say region and SES matter a lot. In higher SES groups in larger cities, you’ll see women waiting until their 30s or more to Have their first kid. But if you look in rural and poor areas, many women are still having their first kid in their early 20s. In my friend group of college educated middle class mostly white women in the burbs of a large city, late 20s was the norm for having your first kid. While my husband’s friend group waited until much later to have kids. But I think my husband and his friends were very late to mature, lol.

• Upvote 8

On 2/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, SuperNova said:

Many mother in my city have their first kid at 30 something. Probably for financial reasons but the *make your youth longer* also plays a role.

I understand your point of view because you were a young mom. But having a kid when you are older may be also an enjoyable decision

@Briefly when I was a kid a 39 year old mother was considered too old and almost crazy to have a kid. Nowadays, it's normal and in some places, the exception are the young moms.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I don't remember putting my hands under my stomach when pregnant, outside of two pictures we took to document for us how big I was/being pregnant. I'd rest them on top once or twice, but usually I'd do what I did with my hands pregnant or not: put them in any pockets I had or hold them together if I didn't have pockets and nothing to do or hold with them. It felt unnatural to emphasize my stomach, for me.

When I was pregnant, I don't think I emphasized my stomach in my everyday life, except that I sometimes rested my hands on my belly when I was sitting. But like you, I did pose a few times (1 or 2 with each full term pregnancy) to document how big I was near the end of the pregnancy. It was before social media was a big thing, so only a handful of people have ever seen the prints, I'm sure.

On the subject of age, I'm one of the "old moms". ;) I had my 2 when I was 38 and 40, and I was thankful to be able to conceive, carry them through largely uneventful pregnancies, and give birth (a few days early each time) to 2 healthy babies, who are now an amazing 10 year old, and an amazing 7 1/2 year old. I have "mom friends" in their 20s and 30s, and old high school friends who are grandparents. I feel very fortunate to live in a time where all this is not that unusual.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
clarity
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

• Georgiana locked this topic