IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

8 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

She's ditched #thelowdownonShiloh for #itsaShilohbration. I think the first one was better. But then I also read it multiple times as #thedownlowonShiloh, which I still think is better than those two, because my brain knows that made more sense *shrugs*

My guess is that someone clued her in that "down low" can mean something specific and not at all fundie. 

ETA: Gack, I read it wrong, too. Stuffy-head-brain. In any case, I'm sure we aren't alone in misreading it as "down low."

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My guess is that someone clued her in that "down low" can mean something specific and not at all fundie. 

True ? that hashtag flows so much better though!

• Haha 3

On 2/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely had a movie style birth. I woke up in the middle of the night with my first contraction (which was quite painful), we raced to the hospital, and my baby was born less than two hours after that very first contraction. 

My water broke at around 10:30 p.m. and I went straight to hard labor, no early labor or any of the lighter stuff.  It was hard and I was extremely glad that I was able to get an epidural. The upshot is that it was less than 12 hours, but at that point we were hopeful that we would be able to have another baby and I was praying that labor would be "normal" and not zero to warp 12 in a few minutes.  Of course, we didn't ever manage to have another one.  But I think you have us all beat!

• Upvote 4

Why is it even necessary to point out that your young child is a "one of your favourite people".  Isn't that a given?  It comes across as surprising.

The next part makes me query if Della's obedient character is the real reason :(

I'm probably over-analyzing but the "5 minute break" irks me.  

It's sweet that Della's interested in home decor.  I do wonder if it's a desperate ploy for her mother's attention and approval.  It's quite a specific interest for a child that age.  My peers and I were more into crafting than cultivating a sophisticated interior aesthetic.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, PianoGal said:

I would guess the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris. In the books, Cheney's love interest is Shiloh. 

That's a good guess! She said it was a book she read when she was younger, right? So that could be it. She would never read it now. 

Last year she was asking for book recommendations and made sure to let everyone know that books with romance are beneath her. She likes historical books that are not quick and easy to read (or something like that. She made sure to word it so everyone would know she has superior intellect and taste in books). 

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Off the Rails said:

That's a good guess! She said it was a book she read when she was younger, right? So that could be it. She would never read it now. 

Last year she was asking for book recommendations and made sure to let everyone know that books with romance are beneath her. She likes historical books that are not quick and easy to read (or something like that. She made sure to word it so everyone would know she has superior intellect and taste in books). 

You know she’s secretly reading VC Andrews in that giant bath tub for an hour every night.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know she’s secretly reading VC Andrews in that giant bath tub for an hour every night.

Did she ever did the plumbing hooked up to the tub?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Did she ever did the plumbing hooked up to the tub?

I know she has mentioned taking baths. So either she got the bathtub in her master up and running, or she is using the bath tub in one of her numerous bathrooms. 

• Thank You 1

On 2/13/2019 at 7:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly it’s horrible. I was basically out of my mind because it was all so unexpected and overwhelming. I also thought I might have a car baby at 3am in the middle of winter. 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, Screamapillar said:

Agreed. Both of my labor and deliveries were very fast but the second one was so fast I didn't have time for any kind of pain medication. (I'd had an epidural with the first). I did not feel like a "Rockstar" after my unmedicated delivery compared to my blissful, epidural delivery. I was more just happy it was over and in kind of a daze as opposed to just focusing on my newborn baby, which had been my experience after my medicated birth.

Agreeing on fast labors being their own kind of problem. The only time I was actively in labor with my son was a little under two hours, having gone from occasional irregular cramp to, with my water breaking, full-on transition. Any time anyone made a comment about not getting pain relief, my response was to tell them I wanted it but didn't have time. (Seriously. Called the nurse because it hurt so much and I couldn't see doing it any longer as an option, only to be told, "I'm calling the doctor, try not to push.") I was in the hospital already for other reasons, so it wasn't a huge problem, but I'm living in fear of the next one being born on the side of the road or in my living room.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

So apparently Abbie went to a homeschool conference with baby Shiloh in tow. It's been more than 20 years since I had a baby but is it a good idea to drag a newborn to a place where there are tons of kids? I imagine there are quite a few anti-vaxxers in the crowd. I am willing to admit that I'm a nervous nelly and it may be an overreaction on my part. Either way, the post is just another Abbie show off. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I can definitely see why short labors could be overwhelming and scary. My biggest fear would be a 75-hour-long Jill-Duggar-esque labor that ended with a c-section, so it seems like that would be the antithesis of it. I suppose I would really hope for a labor just long enough to get to the hospital without panicking, take a few photos, and get the epidural going. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

94 minutes for my last one. irregular contractions that were bugging me, went to the hospital, they broke my water at 6pm and he was born at 7:34. He was born during the bottom of the hour commercial break of a Star Trek TNG episode. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

@feministxtianI hope is name is Jean-Luc :big-heart:

I never gave birth, but isn't it recommended to take things slow for a few weeks after having a baby? Attending a homeschool conference doesn't sound like a lot of walking and standing to me. Well, maybe Abbie just saw it as another chance to brag.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I never gave birth, but isn't it recommended to take things slow for a few weeks after having a baby? Attending a homeschool conference doesn't sound like a lot of walking and standing to me. Well, maybe Abbie just saw it as another chance to brag.

If she had a c-section or a bad tear, I think it’s recommended to take it easy. My friend had a c-section and didn’t take it easy so she ended up with an infection that forced her to take it easy. It’s possible Braggie didn’t even have a tear so she might be fine to go to the conference. But I personally wouldn’t want to go. Like others mentioned, I don’t want to expose my newborn to a bunch of cold and flu season germs. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

More along the lines of "don't push it." If you had a relatively uncomplicated delivery, you might want to take it easy, but it depends on what you're comfortable doing. If you have a bad tear, c-section, or other aspect that involves some intervention which may impede recovery, then yeah, take it really easy! Personally I had a minor tear, a few stitches but nothing major. Sitting was uncomfortable for a few days, but that was about it. We actually went on a family trip to the shore two weeks later.

That said, I wouldn't be taking a newborn to a major conference. That early he'd have  absolutely no immunities and you don't know how many people are carrying bugs and/or haven't been vaxxed. If I absolutely couldn't get out of it, I'd be leaving the baby at home and going alone OR sending my spouse alone/with the other kids (all presumably vaccinated and well-versed in the importance of washing hands) and staying home with the baby.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Buckle up and hold onto your butts, Braggie posted part two of her birth story!

1. Abbey went for an ultrasound to see if the baby was alright. She wore the same outfit she wore on date night the night before.

2. The baby was fine, but Abby felt "trapped." Her midwife recommended Rescue Remedy for her anxiety. 

3. Abby took and started having hard contractions. Because she'd had them all week, she didn't give it much thought.

4. Abby starts to feel better. She and her midwife discuss whether Abby really wants a homebirth. She does. The midwife checks her and she's four cm dilated.

5. Abby hangs out with the family at the birthing center. Abby's midwife suggests that she labor at the birthing center and Abby thinks that's a good idea, because it relieves her anxiety.

6. Abby doesn't make much progress, so she lies on her back. Y'all, Abby is "too good at controlling the pain" and has to labor on her back to get things moving along.

7. The midwives fill up the birthin' tub and Abby gets in. After four hours, Abby gets out because her contractions are slowing down in the water. The midwife checks her and she's at eight cm, and Shiloh's head isn't engaged in the birth canal.

8. Abby gets sleepy. Shaun does, too, and falls asleep on a stool and falls back and hits his head. 

9. Abby gets back in the pool and gives herself a deadline of 4am before she'll get out of the tub. 

10. Abby gets out of the tub and sits on a birthing ball. She has one hard contraction that engages the baby and the show gets on the road.

11. Abby's contractions are frustratingly short and she really has work to push the baby out. At 4:17, she finally does. Apparently Shiloh's heart rate dropped right before he was delivered, but he's fine.

Fin.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 19

I just got done reading Part ll and now I wish I checked in here first so I could have avoided Abbie's needlessly long post. I'm not sure why she feels her birth story needs to be told at all, much less in excruciatingly minute detail. I get that it's a special time and all births are unique but honestly, who cares that she got up to pee several times during labor? How far up your own ass do you have to be to think that people genuinely want to hear this? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

I genuinely snorted out loud when she just HAD to mention that the birthing centre's decor was 'rad', that one of her midwives was a SECRET BLOG READER BECAUSE OF COURSE SHE IS *flicks hair*... and how of course she had to humblebrag about how she was labouring TOO quietly!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Buckle up and hold onto your butts, Braggie posted part two of her birth story!

1. Abbey went for an ultrasound to see if the baby was alright. She wore the same outfit she wore on date night the night before.

2. The baby was fine, but Abby felt "trapped." Her midwife recommended Rescue Remedy for her anxiety. 

3. Abby took and started having hard contractions. Because she'd had them all week, she didn't give it much thought.

4. Abby starts to feel better. She and her midwife discuss whether Abby really wants a homebirth. She does. The midwife checks her and she's four cm dilated.

5. Abby hangs out with the family at the birthing center. Abby's midwife suggests that she labor at the birthing center and Abby thinks that's a good idea, because it relieves her anxiety.

6. Abby doesn't make much progress, so she lies on her back. Y'all, Abby is "too good at controlling the pain" and has to labor on her back to get things moving along.

7. The midwives fill up the birthin' tub and Abby gets in. After four hours, Abby gets out because her contractions are slowing down in the water. The midwife checks her and she's at eight cm, and Shiloh's head isn't engaged in the birth canal.

8. Abby gets sleepy. Shaun does, too, and falls asleep on a stool and falls back and hits his head. 

9. Abby gets back in the pool and gives herself a deadline of 4am before she'll get out of the tub. 

10. Abby gets out of the tub and sits on a birthing ball. She has one hard contraction that engages the baby and the show gets on the road.

11. Abby's contractions are frustratingly short and she really has work to push the baby out. At 4:17, she finally does. Apparently Shiloh's heart rate dropped right before he was delivered, but he's fine.

Fin.

Thank you for this. She is so narcissistic and long winded that I would have ripped my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon if I had to read yet another Braggie birth story. 

• Upvote 7

I only have one boring "birth story".  The other three consist of "I woke up that day and went to the hospital.  They gave me an epidural.  They cut me open and took you out.  I was really sore and went home a couple days later.  The End."  :D

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I genuinely snorted out loud when she just HAD to mention that the birthing centre's decor was 'rad', that one of her midwives was a SECRET BLOG READER BECAUSE OF COURSE SHE IS *flicks hair*... and how of course she had to humblebrag about how she was labouring TOO quietly!

And she’s too good at controlling the pain! That baby probably would have never been born if she hadn’t put herself in positions that made it more painful!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

And she’s too good at controlling the pain! That baby probably would have never been born if she hadn’t put herself in positions that made it more painful!

Dear Rufus, I can just imagine her all "I'm 51 weeks 4 days today and still no baby. I guess it's just too comfortable in my uterus, amirite?"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

2012867009_ScreenShot2019-02-20at7_53_54PM.png.4ae88c555db31f7c852ab05969985267.png

So the mystery of the earrings was just that she's so concerned with appearances that she needs to get dressed up to go to a sonogram?

k

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Get Shiloh trained to fuel and validate Mommy's martyr complex good and early. 

• Upvote 5

Abbie has a new Insta post up about her time at the WildandFreeFrisco homeschool conference. Poor Shiloh, the new baby smell hasn't even worn off yet and he's already being used as a prop for his insufferable mother's narcissism.

"And, if you're up for it, I TOTALLY recommend taking a teensy baby with you bc everybody is so nice that they will throw away your diapers for you, watch your stroller, hold your stuff, and just generally ooh and aah over your sweet babe in typical homeschool mama fashion."

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

• Georgiana locked this topic