IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

She also wrote about feeling like "the world's biggest mooch" for sending the kids to Grandma's when she wasn't actually in labor. Well, you are the world's biggest mooch so it's about time you owned up to it.

Anytime I leave just ONE of my two kids with my Mom or MIL, I'm checking in frequently to make sure they're not driving them crazy. I can't imagine dumping off SEVEN kids all the freaking time, just 'cuz.

When I send my one to my parents' or in-laws', I'm not checking in all the time, but I'm thanking them for watching him and apologizing if he acts up, because they're doing me a favor and even on a good day he can be a handful, because he's a little kid. And I'm not doing it anywhere near as often as she does! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My 4 year old has never spent a night away from me or our house. My 6 year old has spent the night with my mom, but not much. And it’s not because I’m a worrier or anything. It’s because my children are high energy and pretty exhausting. My mom probably wouldn’t take my TWO children for only one night. Let alone days on end. She is likely the same age as Braggie’s mom. But the thing is, I allow my children to be children. So they are tiring. If Ezra and Simon are going to her mother’s home with all the others, I bet Braggie’s mom knows the boys will do most of the work. Braggie’s mom knows Ezra is a parent sibling. 

The only time my  2 kids stayed with my folks was when work related or daycare issues arose. One time we did travel for a weekend away, once. My kids never stayed with my in-laws. My in-laws were in their 70s when my kids were born,no way would I have asked people of those ages to watch a gaggle of kids overnight. I hope AH does read here. She needs to get bombarded with the message that she is a self centered, narcissistic user, and not God’s gift to pregnancy and motherhood.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

The only time my  2 kids stayed with my folks was when work related or daycare issues arose. One time we did travel for a weekend away, once. My kids never stayed with my in-laws. My in-laws were in their 70s when my kids were born,no way would I have asked people of those ages to watch a gaggle of kids overnight. I hope AH does read here. She needs to get bombarded with the message that she is a self centered, narcissistic user, and not God’s gift to pregnancy and motherhood.

I have zero problem with people having others care for their children. If she had a nanny she paid well, it would be another story entirely! But like you said, she’s a user. She would never pay for anyone to babysit her children. That money could go to other things! Like Anthro clothing and another fucking rug! 

• Upvote 13

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have zero problem with people having others care for their children. If she had a nanny she paid well, it would be another story entirely! But like you said, she’s a user. She would never pay for anyone to babysit her children. That money could go to other things! Like Anthro clothing and another fucking rug! 

And yet when you peruse her blog, and read her posts over the years, as I did yesterday, you certainly come away thinking that she and Shaun are so fiscally frugal and don’t have much materialisticly. WTH? The only reason she has half the crap that she does, including the ability to have baby after baby is because she has her mother and oldest kids picking up the slack and filling the gaps. Now in recent years she has mentioned that she pays her mother when she teaches the younger kids. 

Why does she scribe those fictional posts when LOOKING at her blog you can see that she is anything but a minimalist? Her entire life is built on overconsumption- she needs therapy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And yet when you peruse her blog, and read her posts over the years, as I did yesterday, you certainly come away thinking that she and Shaun are so fiscally frugal and don’t have much materialisticly. WTH? The only reason she has half the crap that she does, including the ability to have baby after baby is because she has her mother and oldest kids picking up the slack and filling the gaps. Now in recent years she has mentioned that she pays her mother when she teaches the younger kids. 

Why does she scribe those fictional posts when LOOKING at her blog you can see that she is anything but a minimalist? Her entire life is built on overconsumption- she needs therapy.

I really doubt she pays her mother for the homeschooling. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I skimmed ABBIE'S EPIC BIRTH STORY: PART ONE. It's pretty much what other's have commented. She yammers on about all her past births, Braxton Hicks, her mom "graciously" taking the children (read as Abbie foisting them off), and wonderful Shaun who's suddenly there for every moment.

A great deal of her post is about an overwhelming sense of anxiety that would build all day and become worse at night. She talks about panic attacks and ways that Shaun would calm her down. 

But my biggest takeaway is that Abbie has a very special uterus, a uterus like no other. Abbie scoffs at your uterus!! She chortles at it!! How does she know her uterus is better than yours? She asked her "rockstar" midwife:

"Shaun and I scoff unabashedly at movies that portray a woman’s having a sudden pang in her belly, clutching it, then being wheeled off to birth a few hours later. “That’s NOT how that works!” we chortle. Of course, for some women, it is, indeed, how it works. In fact, when Shaun asked Melena (my rock star midwife): “So, what’s the percentage of women who just go into labor and have a baby in a reasonable period of time?” her answer was a chagrined, “Oh, um, most of them do that.”

Which means that my womb is just more stubborn than most. Color me unsurprised."

Edited by Jellybean
Added quote box
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I skimmed ABBIE'S EPIC BIRTH STORY: PART ONE. It's pretty much what other's have commented. She yammers on about all her past births, Braxton Hicks, her mom "graciously" taking the children (read as Abbie foisting them off), and wonderful Shaun who's suddenly there for every moment.

A great deal of her post is about an overwhelming sense of anxiety that would build all day and become worse at night. She talks about panic attacks and ways that Shaun would calm her down. 

But my biggest takeaway is that Abbie has a very special uterus, a uterus like no other. Abbie scoffs at your uterus!! She chortles at it!! How does she know her uterus is better than yours? She asked her "rockstar" midwife:

"Shaun and I scoff unabashedly at movies that portray a woman’s having a sudden pang in her belly, clutching it, then being wheeled off to birth a few hours later. “That’s NOT how that works!” we chortle. Of course, for some women, it is, indeed, how it works. In fact, when Shaun asked Melena (my rock star midwife): “So, what’s the percentage of women who just go into labor and have a baby in a reasonable period of time?” her answer was a chagrined, “Oh, um, most of them do that.”

Which means that my womb is just more stubborn than most. Color me unsurprised."

I guess both Abbie and Shaun do not accept or credit the creator for endowing each of us with a brain and the ability to use that brain to make safe and educated decisions  for ourselves. She clearly hates both pregnancy and delivery, and may, on rare occasion, enjoy the endeavors that motherhood provides or requires in order to produce sane, educated, and potentially contributing members of society in growing children. Why the hell does she keep having kids which requires living a life that clearly causes many negatives in her own life? Is she A recent day martyr?

Poor kids. Usually when there is a lunatic parent, the other parent can often provide some sort of balance.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I definitely had a movie style birth. I woke up in the middle of the night with my first contraction (which was quite painful), we raced to the hospital, and my baby was born less than two hours after that very first contraction. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

But loads of women go overdue and/or have long labours.  Why does Abbie think she's so unique and special with her "stubborn womb" (don't answer that ha!)

You can guarantee if she had a quick birth she'd claim she was in the minority and have a cute quip ready.

Blech at "rockstar" I hate that expression!  It was original about 10yrs ago.

It's so needy and self-indulgent to be acting like this over your 8th pregnancy/birth.

Do Abbie and Shaun have siblings?  Are there any aunts/uncles/cousins in the picture?  Interesting about her father.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, LurkyLurkerson said:

But loads of women go overdue and/or have long labours.  Why does Abbie think she's so unique and special with her "stubborn womb" (don't answer that ha!)

You can guarantee if she had a quick birth she'd claim she was in the minority and have a cute quip ready.

Blech at "rockstar" I hate that expression!  It was original about 10yrs ago.

It's so needy and self-indulgent to be acting like this over your 8th pregnancy/birth.

Do Abbie and Shaun have siblings?  Are there any aunts/uncles/cousins in the picture?  Interesting about her father.

Abbie has 1 older brother. Not sure about Shaun’s family. Boy, her fiancé that she ditched at age 19, for Shaun, sure dodged a bullet.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

I wondered if Abbie was part of a really big family.  If that were the case I expected she'd milk it on social media. Unless she'd fallen out with them all ;) 

Interesting to know she only has one sibling.

Is her background fundie?  Maybe her mom wanted more children but couldn't have them for whatever reason.  Could she be living vicariously through Abbie's kids?  Encouraging Abbie to have more?   

Pure speculation, I'm sure Abbie's the one in the driving seat.  

Am I the only one who thinks it really, really odd that the only family member her children have any contact with is Braggie's mother?

Never any mention of her father, Shaun's parents, his/her siblings, siblings' children, his/her aunts/uncles, Braggie and/or Shaun's cousins, etc. etc, visiting, calling,  Nothing. Nada. Never a peep about anyone except Braggie's mother.

I find it really ...... strange.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Shaun’s brother is a dentist and his wife works in the office of his practice. From what I’ve seen publicly online via their website, they don’t have a ton of kids?

Shaun’s mother is a nurse and Braggie has posted in a blog about how she and her co-workers criticized her homebirthing. 

I don’t think Braggie Abbie gets along with many people and I don’t think she has true friendships, aside from her mega church’s women’s group and maybe Lindsay (who Shaun and Braggie launched the “Paint & Prose” LLC with).

I think Braggie has issues with Shaun’s family.

There is nothing wrong with Braggie “wearing the pants” in her marriage but she should stop pretending to be a meek submissive wife. We all know she has control issues. 

When women call each other “rockstars” for natural birthing, I believe it’s unhealthy. The concept of a “rockstar birther” makes mothers who received epidurals, c-sections, or adopted feel bad. Giving birth is not a competition. New mothers shouldn’t be exposed to this behavior by their fellow Christians especially because of the serious risk of PPD.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

On 2/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So what book is she talking about? Because I can only think of the book called Shiloh about a beagle dog named Shiloh. And since she just got a beagle puppy, I would think the dog would be Shiloh ?

I would guess the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris. In the books, Cheney's love interest is Shiloh. 

• Thank You 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely had a movie style birth. I woke up in the middle of the night with my first contraction (which was quite painful), we raced to the hospital, and my baby was born less than two hours after that very first contraction. 

If this could be my guaranteed labor story, I would have all the babies. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I guess both Abbie and Shaun do not accept or credit the creator for endowing each of us with a brain and the ability to use that brain to make safe and educated decisions  for ourselves. She clearly hates both pregnancy and delivery, and may, on rare occasion, enjoy the endeavors that motherhood provides or requires in order to produce sane, educated, and potentially contributing members of society in growing children. Why the hell does she keep having kids which requires living a life that clearly causes many negatives in her own life? Is she A recent day martyr?

Poor kids. Usually when there is a lunatic parent, the other parent can often provide some sort of balance.

I am getting some major Queen Victoria vibes from her: hates being pregnant and giving birth and evidently dislikes raising children, but just keeps cranking them out because she likes sexytimes and can't/won't/isn't allowed to use contraception. 

• Upvote 17

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If this could be my guaranteed labor story, I would have all the babies. 

Honestly it’s horrible. I was basically out of my mind because it was all so unexpected and overwhelming. I also thought I might have a car baby at 3am in the middle of winter. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, PianoGal said:

I would guess the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris. In the books, Cheney's love interest is Shiloh. 

Oh my. I haven't thought of that series in ages. My grandma loved Gilbert Morris and collected most of his books. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, LurkyLurkerson said:

I wondered if Abbie was part of a really big family.  If that were the case I expected she'd milk it on social media. Unless she'd fallen out with them all ;) 

Interesting to know she only has one sibling.

Is her background fundie?  Maybe her mom wanted more children but couldn't have them for whatever reason.  Could she be living vicariously through Abbie's kids?  Encouraging Abbie to have more?   

Pure speculation, I'm sure Abbie's the one in the driving seat.  

I think you might be on to something here. Abbie has mentioned that her parents wanted a bigger family but were not able. How do her parents even accommodate legally transporting and housing all those kids? I am a GM to one. My car would not accommodate all those car and booster seats, and I only have 3 beds in my house, and we occupy one of them. My home has hardwood throughout, so floor sleeping would be very uncomfortable without cots or thick mats. 

M husband does have a work SUV with seating for 8, but our own cars each seat 5.

Also, would a GM actually take cash from her daughter, a mother of 8, for helping  her out? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1

I’d hope she’d take money if she was helping to raise 7 kids. We pay my MIL’s property taxes because....well, basically just because we can and it makes her life easier. She’s not thrilled about it, but it’s made her able to retire a year earlier and cuts her financial stress considerably.

Someone taking seven kids overnight has to - at the very least - feed them, and that takes money. I hope to hell Abbie and Shawn are kicking in some cash.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly it’s horrible. I was basically out of my mind because it was all so unexpected and overwhelming. I also thought I might have a car baby at 3am in the middle of winter. 

Agreed. Both of my labor and deliveries were very fast but the second one was so fast I didn't have time for any kind of pain medication. (I'd had an epidural with the first). I did not feel like a "Rockstar" after my unmedicated delivery compared to my blissful, epidural delivery. I was more just happy it was over and in kind of a daze as opposed to just focusing on my newborn baby, which had been my experience after my medicated birth.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Agreed. Both of my labor and deliveries were very fast but the second one was so fast I didn't have time for any kind of pain medication. (I'd had an epidural with the first). I did not feel like a "Rockstar" after my unmedicated delivery compared to my blissful, epidural delivery. I was more just happy it was over and in kind of a daze as opposed to just focusing on my newborn baby, which had been my experience after my medicated birth.

I had a long epidural birth with my first and although it also sucked, it was easier for me to deal with mentally. I decided that a six hour labor from start to finish would probably be great timing. Long enough to wrap my mind around what was happening and get to the hospital. But not so long that it’s exhausting. Too bad we can’t choose our labors!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Spoiler

Della is one of my favorite people in the world, but she is almost nothing like me. And I love that! Whereas I was feisty/competitive/stubborn as a little girl, she is gentle/laidback/empathetic. Something we do have in common? We both love creating beauty where we can. She asked if she could read a decor catalog for her 5 minute break from school so she could, "Maybe plan what my future house will look like."

Almost Abbie, almost. There is a compliment for Della here with no backhanded remarks. That's an improvement so gold star for you!! However, this still falls far below the mark because it compares your child to yourself. Della is a freethinking, autonomous person who's merits should be compared to no one, least of all you. It's not her job to try and measure up to mama. It's amazing how you're able to make everything about Abbie, even a compliment to your beautiful girl. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SuperNova said:
  Hide contents

Della is one of my favorite people in the world, but she is almost nothing like me. And I love that! Whereas I was feisty/competitive/stubborn as a little girl, she is gentle/laidback/empathetic. Something we do have in common? We both love creating beauty where we can. She asked if she could read a decor catalog for her 5 minute break from school so she could, "Maybe plan what my future house will look like."

Almost Abbie, almost. There is a compliment for Della here with no backhanded remarks. That's an improvement so gold star for you!! However, this still falls far below the mark because it compares your child to yourself. Della is a freethinking, autonomous person who's merits should be compared to no one, least of all you. It's not her job to try and measure up to mama. It's amazing how you're able to make everything about Abbie, even a compliment to your beautiful girl. 

Braggie's Instagram post below:

Oh. My. Goodness.

Braggie is subtly ridiculing her daughter or in other words, "throwing shade". Braggie constantly boasts about having a "competitive personality" (AKA jealous of other women as well as self-righteous and prideful), and for that reason,  she has a narcissistic need to be "the best".

Braggie NEVER misses a chance to grandstand. Given how often Braggie unashamedly brags about herself, she considers anything on the contrary to be a flaw of character. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

She's ditched #thelowdownonShiloh for #itsaShilohbration. I think the first one was better. But then I also read it multiple times as #thedownlowonShiloh, which I still think is better than those two, because my brain knows that made more sense *shrugs*

• Georgiana locked this topic