IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Your children do all of the jobs because they know YOU like it and they’re desperate for what little attention they can get from their mother! 

Yes. Her comment about the twins helping with dinner being a "treat of mama time" illustrates this. Helping mama shouldn't be the only way you get noticed. Abbie exploits all her children but I think Ezra gets the worst of it. He seems like a naturally gentle and loving boy and Abbie uses that to her advantage. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, madeesaurus said:

Nothing about this post surprises me.

substitute mom.PNG

At this point, I’m wondering if the children view Ezra as more of their parent than either Shaun or Braggie Abbie. The Halberstadts have created a “Jana Duggar situation”.

I haven’t questioned what Shaun does or doesn’t do because Braggie claims he does not like to be pictured however, I am starting to wonder now. Shaun, not Ezra, should be doing this.

I’d be interested in knowing parenting duties Shaun performs. Additionally, I’d like to see more pictures of these kids playing with their toys rather than performing household duties. We all know Braggie enjoys playing with her toys.

Also, why did the children have to cook chocolate pancakes for the family? Why didn’t Shaun do it?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

She has a brand new hashtag for Shiloh. “Itsashilohbration”. *liz lemon style epic eye roll* I just can’t with her child-branded hashtags. To be fair it’s not just her - I see people in my fb newsfeed branding their kids like this too. I thought the wedding hashtags were out of control but the kid hashtags are too much. 

“What a big honor” still tops the Worst list, tho. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

She has a brand new hashtag for Shiloh. “Itsashilohbration”. *liz lemon style epic eye roll* I just can’t with her child-branded hashtags. To be fair it’s not just her - I see people in my fb newsfeed branding their kids like this too. I thought the wedding hashtags were out of control but the kid hashtags are too much. 

“What a big honor” still tops the Worst list, tho. 

What about Theodorbs? ?

• Disgust 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

What about Theodorbs? [emoji2961]

No.
Surely not. That’s a joke, right?
And the fact that I don’t know if it’s a joke tells you a lot about M.is.for.Mercenary

[emoji33]
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, bea said:

No.
Surely not. That’s a joke, right?
And the fact that I don’t know if it’s a joke tells you a lot about M.is.for.Mercenary

emoji33.png

21138644-C810-4DBA-B5AC-51C0E63A2C19.jpeg

• Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What about Theodorbs? ?

Where is an eyeroll upvote when you need one? 

Abbie is lounging around with the baby today while her mom is filling in for her at the homeschool co-op. She claims we might get a birth story soon. Can't wait.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Where is an eyeroll upvote when you need one? 

Abbie is lounging around with the baby today while her mom is filling in for her at the homeschool co-op. She claims we might get a birth story soon. Can't wait.

Her mother is a horrible enabler. Sorry. If she raised Braggie to be the fundie princess that she is, I can’t think too highly of her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her mother is a horrible enabler. Sorry. If she raised Braggie to be the fundie princess that she is, I can’t think too highly of her. 

And so, so ironic that the woman who thinks she’s God’s gift to conception, pregnancy, delivery and bouncing back to humble motherhood, will never, ever come close to being the involved, engaged and active grandma that her own mother is- In fact, I’d say she’s making damn sure that her potential GM role will be very, very self and time limited.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It could also be that the grandmother sees herself as a lifeline for those kids -- she is there for them, unlike their self-absorbed & narcissistic mother.

IOW, it's too late to change Abbie but there's still a chance to make a difference in the lives of Abbie's kids.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It could also be that the grandmother sees herself as a lifeline for those kids -- she is there for them, unlike their self-absorbed & narcissistic mother.

IOW, it's too late to change Abbie but there's still a chance to make a difference in the lives of Abbie's kids.

It’s like Shaun. They are both enabling Braggie in her selfishness. If she wanted to help Ezra the most, she would call Braggie out in making him a parent to his siblings. She raised Braggie to be this way and is enabling her to never change for the better. I can’t see much good in that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

In the past, Abbie has commented that she and her father do not get along at all. I have always wondered if like JB Duggar’s father, Abbie’s dad disagreed with the not stop procreation? If I was Abbie’s mom and being used as a surrogate parent, nanny and educator, and If I was doing such for “ the kids”, I’d make it very clear that I do not support Abbie’s lifestyle choices and would therefore be stepping back from some of my essential roles. Abbie’s mother has to be older than 60, there’s no way she can keep up this pace. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It's a tough one. There's no doubt that the kids need grandma but every time she steps in, it reinforces Abbie's neglectful behavior.

I had a sister who was this way when her kids were small and it was so hard to decide where to draw the line because I knew that sis would neglect them if I didn't help out. 

@JermajestyDuggar I agree. To me, Shaun is more to blame than grandma because he they're his children. He seems to have no issue adding to the puppy pile.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In the past, Abbie has commented that she and her father do not get along at all

Just curious, do you remember where she said this? 

Braggie Abbie's kids KNOW that if they beg for Mama to allow them to massage her feet, change the baby's diaper, cook her post-partum freezer meals, sweep the kitchen (2x/day), tell her how FUN folding clothes everyday is, etc... their mother will fawn over it and take a picture. The kids want their mother's attention. They remind me of JRod's kids who will do anything to "please Mama" and host Pamper Mama parties.

It's so disgusting.

The children aren't excitedly competing over doing a job for you Braggie... They're competing over receiving your attention. How sad.

It's ironic how much Braggie enjoys what her mother does for her yet, as we all know, will NEVER be that kind of grandparent for her own kids

As a side note, many of you may know that my mother has a Cluster B histrionic personality disorder with narcissistic tendencies. As a result, my Grandmother was my lifeline and I ended up having a mother-daughter bond with her instead. I used to do anything to try to get my mother's attention and curry favor, despite being her ONLY child. She used my need for her attention to her advantage and today, is still a manipulator. As a result, mothers like JRod and Lori A trigger me. Lori, with her lack of empathy towards her family and JRod, with her need for attention, to the detriment of her 13 kids. I don't understand why people like them have children. In my opinion, it's because being pregnant fills their need for attention.
In some cases, children adapt to the situation by taking on caretaker roles, not only "parenting" the younger siblings but also their own parent. As I grew older, I ended up adapting by attempting to emotionally care for my mother, as if I was the parent. I keep our contact VERY minimal, however, it's the same situation today.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Just curious, do you remember where she said this? 

Braggie Abbie's kids KNOW that if they beg for Mama to allow them to massage her feet, change the baby's diaper, cook her post-partum freezer meals, sweep the kitchen (2x/day), tell her how FUN folding clothes everyday is, etc... their mother will fawn over it and take a picture. The kids want their mother's attention. They remind me of JRod's kids who will do anything to "please Mama" and host Pamper Mama parties.

It's so disgusting.

The children aren't excitedly competing over doing a job for you Braggie... They're competing over receiving your attention. How sad.

It's ironic how much Braggie enjoys what her mother does for her yet, as we all know, will NEVER be that kind of grandparent for her own kids

As a side note, many of you may know that my mother has a Cluster B histrionic personality disorder with narcissistic tendencies. As a result, my Grandmother was my lifeline and I ended up having a mother-daughter bond with her instead. I used to do anything to try to get my mother's attention and curry favor, despite being her ONLY child. She used my need for her attention to her advantage and today, is still a manipulator.

It was either on her blog or IG. More likely her blog. At that time I wondered if her parents were divorced. Do you know?

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It was either on her blog or IG. More likely her blog. At that time I wondered if her parents were divorced. Do you know?

I vaguely recall something similar but I can't remember where. I feel so bad for the children of Quiverfull families. Obviously, there are some Quiverfull mothers that are continuing to get pregnant out of a genuine, fundamentalist belief that it's God's command. However, there are others that use the Christian Quiverfull ideology to their advantage in order to fill their need for attention. For instance, in the latter case, JRod appears to be one of them. Despite being Christians, I believe that JRod and Braggie are justifying their need to be pregnant with Quiverfull principles. JRod and Braggie both come off as "high maintenance" and there is some sort of incentive to them otherwise, they wouldn't be having baby after baby.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, bea said:

Picture of Ezra (right?) changing Baby Shiloh’s diaper because he is the Perfect Son.

Dude. #freeezra

Ezra is also the one who had to give up his birthday to babysit for his siblings and cousins.

For reals #FreeEzra

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5

GULP... first half of the birth story has been posted. I can't believe it's the first half? It's ridiculously long. Who will take one for the team?

I read it. Basically she had tons of Braxton-Hicks contractions and was getting anxious and depressed about the impending birth. She and Shaun decided to go on a movie date while grandma watched the kids to “take their mind off the birth.”  Fin. (For real, that’s all she really says).  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 11

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I read it. Basically she had tons of Braxton-Hicks contractions and was getting anxious and depressed about the impending birth. She and Shaun decided to go on a movie date while grandma watched the kids to “take their mind off the birth.”  Fin. (For real, that’s all she really says).  

That’s exactly why I won’t read this one. I’ve read two others and they are insanely long. I can’t believe how little she can say in so many words. 

She also wrote about feeling like "the world's biggest mooch" for sending the kids to Grandma's when she wasn't actually in labor. Well, you are the world's biggest mooch so it's about time you owned up to it.

Anytime I leave just ONE of my two kids with my Mom or MIL, I'm checking in frequently to make sure they're not driving them crazy. I can't imagine dumping off SEVEN kids all the freaking time, just 'cuz.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

She also wrote about feeling like "the world's biggest mooch" for sending the kids to Grandma's when she wasn't actually in labor. Well, you are the world's biggest mooch so it's about time you owned up to it.

Anytime I leave just ONE of my two kids with my Mom or MIL, I'm checking in frequently to make sure they're not driving them crazy. I can't imagine dumping off SEVEN kids all the freaking time, just 'cuz.

My 4 year old has never spent a night away from me or our house. My 6 year old has spent the night with my mom, but not much. And it’s not because I’m a worrier or anything. It’s because my children are high energy and pretty exhausting. My mom probably wouldn’t take my TWO children for only one night. Let alone days on end. She is likely the same age as Braggie’s mom. But the thing is, I allow my children to be children. So they are tiring. If Ezra and Simon are going to her mother’s home with all the others, I bet Braggie’s mom knows the boys will do most of the work. Braggie’s mom knows Ezra is a parent sibling. 

• Upvote 8

• Georgiana locked this topic