• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jellybean

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

BobJonesBabe
11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course she doesn’t give a fuck about what her kids wear. Have you seen her closet?! She needs to save her money for HER clothes. 

And HER MICROWAVE WALLPAPER!!!! 😜

Also, anyone else notice that her kids look abnormally, intentionally frumpy here? Like she’s now trying to win someone over with her “poor,” “frugal” look? (Yet she someone had the money for balet outfits - another post?) Her message is just so inconsistent. It’s like she’s trying to reAch too many or too broad of an audience all at once, and she believe that in order to do so, she has to “be” each of those audiences. From frumpy homeschool kids to the mom who wallpapers her microwave and spends more on staging and decorating her closet than those frugal moms she’s trying to get to like her...spend on their entire households clothing! 

Actually, I think that’s it...she just wants everyone to like her. 🤷‍♀️

lilith

I just followed Abbie on Instagram and was surprised to see Allison Bontrager follows her - they seem like different sorts of fundies, though I guess Allison might see her as aspirational.

Wine time!
ophelia

They might appear different, but I think they have a lot in common. They are both baptists IIRC. Allison probably likes Braggie's home decoration style and the fact that she is having ALLLL the children god gives her. I don't see her having a problem with the abusive and violent way Braggie raises her kids, since she was probably hit as a child as well.

lilith
1 hour ago, ophelia said:

They might appear different, but I think they have a lot in common. They are both baptists IIRC. Allison probably likes Braggie's home decoration style and the fact that she is having ALLLL the children god gives her. I don't see her having a problem with the abusive and violent way Braggie raises her kids, since she was probably hit as a child as well.

Definitely hit as a child. Her father has joked about it during a performance. I feel the need to mention that whenever it’s brought up so that people know and remember that the Bontragers “prettier” brand of fundamentalism and “family ministry” is absolutely based upon violence against children.

Wine time!
ophelia
49 minutes ago, lilith said:

Her father has joked about it during a performance. 

He joked about it? Do you have a link or something?

lilith
8 minutes ago, ophelia said:

He joked about it? Do you have a link or something?

No, I’ve never been able to find it again -  it’s possible it was live.  And it was years ago. He made some quip about all his sons and not sparing the rod so not having spoiled children. 

Wine time!
ophelia

I shouldn't be surprised. I can hardly think of any fundie family that we snark on here that I would feel safe about to say that they DON'T hit their children. But joking about it is really disgusting. But then... he talked about his SIL's father's ball in a wedding sermon.. Always classy, Marlin Bontrager!

lilith
21 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I can hardly think of any fundie family that we snark on here that I would feel safe about to say that they DON'T hit their children. But joking about it is really disgusting. But then... he talked about his SIL's father's ball in a wedding sermon.. Always classy, Marlin Bontrager!

He also LOVES to talk about Becky being mistaken for one of his daughters. He tells that story all the time.

JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, lilith said:

He also LOVES to talk about Becky being mistaken for one of his daughters. He tells that story all the time.

I find that weird since I’ve always thought the two of them were close in age and they look close in age as well. My husband is 9 years older and has never been mistaken as my father. Maybe in fundieland, everyone is so used to men having many adult daughters at home that it’s natural to mistake a wife for a daughter. She’s just one of the bunch! 

bea

Oh sweet mother of crows today’s IG “story” is Ezra leading bible reading and prayer while the kids SLEEP ON THE FLOOR with blankets.
Abbie went back to bed because she’s exhausted and came down to the kids “spontaneously” doing this.
I think I may have sprained my eyeballs by rolling them this hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

Happy
smittykins

Or, quoting someone I know from another message board, “I rolled my eyes so hard, I can see my brain and my ass simultaneously.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1