IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course she doesn’t give a fuck about what her kids wear. Have you seen her closet?! She needs to save her money for HER clothes. 

And HER MICROWAVE WALLPAPER!!!! ?

Also, anyone else notice that her kids look abnormally, intentionally frumpy here? Like she’s now trying to win someone over with her “poor,” “frugal” look? (Yet she someone had the money for balet outfits - another post?) Her message is just so inconsistent. It’s like she’s trying to reAch too many or too broad of an audience all at once, and she believe that in order to do so, she has to “be” each of those audiences. From frumpy homeschool kids to the mom who wallpapers her microwave and spends more on staging and decorating her closet than those frugal moms she’s trying to get to like her...spend on their entire households clothing! 

Actually, I think that’s it...she just wants everyone to like her. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8

I just followed Abbie on Instagram and was surprised to see Allison Bontrager follows her - they seem like different sorts of fundies, though I guess Allison might see her as aspirational.

• Upvote 3

They might appear different, but I think they have a lot in common. They are both baptists IIRC. Allison probably likes Braggie's home decoration style and the fact that she is having ALLLL the children god gives her. I don't see her having a problem with the abusive and violent way Braggie raises her kids, since she was probably hit as a child as well.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

They might appear different, but I think they have a lot in common. They are both baptists IIRC. Allison probably likes Braggie's home decoration style and the fact that she is having ALLLL the children god gives her. I don't see her having a problem with the abusive and violent way Braggie raises her kids, since she was probably hit as a child as well.

Definitely hit as a child. Her father has joked about it during a performance. I feel the need to mention that whenever it’s brought up so that people know and remember that the Bontragers “prettier” brand of fundamentalism and “family ministry” is absolutely based upon violence against children.

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

49 minutes ago, lilith said:

Her father has joked about it during a performance. 

He joked about it? Do you have a link or something?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ophelia said:

He joked about it? Do you have a link or something?

No, I’ve never been able to find it again -  it’s possible it was live.  And it was years ago. He made some quip about all his sons and not sparing the rod so not having spoiled children. 

• Sad 3

I shouldn't be surprised. I can hardly think of any fundie family that we snark on here that I would feel safe about to say that they DON'T hit their children. But joking about it is really disgusting. But then... he talked about his SIL's father's ball in a wedding sermon.. Always classy, Marlin Bontrager!

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I can hardly think of any fundie family that we snark on here that I would feel safe about to say that they DON'T hit their children. But joking about it is really disgusting. But then... he talked about his SIL's father's ball in a wedding sermon.. Always classy, Marlin Bontrager!

He also LOVES to talk about Becky being mistaken for one of his daughters. He tells that story all the time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lilith said:

He also LOVES to talk about Becky being mistaken for one of his daughters. He tells that story all the time.

I find that weird since I’ve always thought the two of them were close in age and they look close in age as well. My husband is 9 years older and has never been mistaken as my father. Maybe in fundieland, everyone is so used to men having many adult daughters at home that it’s natural to mistake a wife for a daughter. She’s just one of the bunch! 

• Upvote 1

Oh sweet mother of crows today’s IG “story” is Ezra leading bible reading and prayer while the kids SLEEP ON THE FLOOR with blankets.
Abbie went back to bed because she’s exhausted and came down to the kids “spontaneously” doing this.
I think I may have sprained my eyeballs by rolling them this hard.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

Or, quoting someone I know from another message board, “I rolled my eyes so hard, I can see my brain and my ass simultaneously.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Why does she have a hate-on for Target? And, do we think she'll change her tune now that she knows she can scam them out of $5 tights?

• Upvote 3

On 4/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, lilith said:

Definitely hit as a child. Her father has joked about it during a performance. I feel the need to mention that whenever it’s brought up so that people know and remember that the Bontragers “prettier” brand of fundamentalism and “family ministry” is absolutely based upon violence against children.

Are Bontragers a nice brand for anybody? They are awful and not exactly hiding it. Their sexism is worse than in many other families, they act with superiority and reinforce weird relationships and jerarchy between siblings. I think it's impossible that someone reads their blogs and hold a good opinion of them. 

And thank you for giving more awful information about them!

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 3

oh darling, Target is an active supporter of LGBQT rights and was a lightening rod for fundies when they allowed transgendered people to use the bathroom they identify with. We can't have others having basic human rights now can we?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

oh darling, Target is an active supporter of LGBQT rights and was a lightening rod for fundies when they allowed transgendered people to use the bathroom they identify with. We can't have others having basic human rights now can we?

TAM went and picketed Target with her family years ago when they came out with their bathroom policy regarding transgender people. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

It may be the last day of the challenge but Abbie has decided to keep the account open for "ongoing accountability and encouragement" which is Abbiespeak for needing more attention. Raise your hand if you're surprised. 

Despite a month of the gentleness challenge Abbie is still yelling at her kids but it wasn't anger yelling so it's cool. My favorite part is that Shaun knows she's full of shit and calls her on it.

YOU GUYS!! It's (officially) the last day of our challenge! 
I celebrated by raising my voice theatrically (less angry yelling, more just dramatic overreaction, but still) when one of the twins came in the living room holding a (dripping) toilet brush and asking if she could clean the toilet. ?? I didn't think much of it, honestly, until I jokingly said that we should add a penny to our gentleness jar when I very calmly asked a child to finish a job he had left half-done, and Shaun responded that we'd also have to take a penny out for my toilet brush shriek.

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

This picture seems like a perfect representation of Braggie and her family. Braggie is front and center. No one is standing in front of her. It reminds me of a painting of Jesus and his disciples with Braggie in the place of Jesus. Her co-parents Ezra and Simon are holding their brother/children. And Shaun is in the background holding no one. If anyone wants a quick run down if the family dynamics of this family, this picture is a great start.

6024DC33-7772-4445-9B00-3F50086617BA.jpeg

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

I notice She's allowed to show her shoulders and arms.

BEC but that skirt looks like a Lularoe pattern.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 7:29 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I find that weird since I’ve always thought the two of them were close in age and they look close in age as well. My husband is 9 years older and has never been mistaken as my father. Maybe in fundieland, everyone is so used to men having many adult daughters at home that it’s natural to mistake a wife for a daughter. She’s just one of the bunch! 

My late husband was considerably older than me.  And I look young for my age.  Weirdly, nobody ever mistook him for my dad.  People did routinely think our children were our grandchildren though which was its own special kind of WTF.  But never once did anybody think I was my husband's daughter.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, OyHiOh said:

My late husband was considerably older than me.  And I look young for my age.  Weirdly, nobody ever mistook him for my dad.  People did routinely think our children were our grandchildren though which was its own special kind of WTF.  But never once did anybody think I was my husband's daughter.

One time my mom was mistook for her father’s wife. My mom was livid. They are 22 years apart. But to be fair, my grandpa had a decent amount of hair on his head even into his 80s. So he did look younger than his age. 

• Upvote 2

At one point my dad was mistaken for my then-toddler’s father (& I suppose means I was assumed to be his wife), which he laughed off and said made up for the person half an hour earlier who’d asked if he had a Seniors Card.

I must look young because I frequently get comments along the lines of “oh! You’re married? How old are you?” And “don’t tell me you’re a mum!” (the latter is always followed by amazement when I say that I have 3). I’ve been mistaken for a high school student in places where I’m actually a high school teacher or youth group leader. My husband, meanwhile, is 6 years older than me and started balding back in his late 20s. Not once has he been mistaken for my father and I would be SO creeped out if he was. 

• Upvote 5

If you ever want to feel like a hot slut, take your father to his 60th high school reunion.

Mom had just passed away, and my dad really wanted to attend his high school reunion, so I took him. Because I use my maiden name, several people assumed I was his wife. Dumpy middle-aged me was side-eyed by many of the senior citizen ladies. When I went to get him a souvenir bottle of wine, one of them said, “Those are for the alumni ONLY,” and I answered, “Yes—I thought MY DAD might like one, and he’s having trouble walking today.”

Dad met up with one of his old buddies, whose date was exactly my age. Our table was an interesting group.

(Dad was 44 when my baby sister was born. He used to take her out on errands with him, and she’d get irate when she was mistaken for his granddaughter.)

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Hane said:

(Dad was 44 when my baby sister was born. He used to take her out on errands with him, and she’d get irate when she was mistaken for his granddaughter.)

Mr. Oy was 52 when our youngest was born.  Six going on seven when he passed, and full of spunk.  People would make comments to Youngest Oy along the lines of "isn't it sweet of Grandpa to do X with you!"  And she'd give them massive side eye and say "NO!  This is my ABBA [daddy]!"  Which, if the person she was correcting didn't know the term, didn't do much to clear up the confusion, to be honest ? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

Shaun looks like he is a photobomber in that picture of Abbie and co-parents. Braggie said on Instagram she is not a natural mother and in the next photo, showed the flower beds her mother planted in the front yard.

• Georgiana locked this topic