IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

Good thing she has a house big enough for that homeschooling room. However would her kids do schoolwork around the kitchen table without it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Wow. I'm pretty sure you could put that in a dictionary to DEFINE "humblebrag".

But it’s a spiritualized humblebrag, so her humblebrag is the best, most humble humblebrag thete is. Of course, only because of Jesus! ???

on a related note, I am so over the Fundiegelicals spiritualizing everything. I have a relative who does this with every single IG post of her and her kids. It sounds good, but it’s actually flaky theology masquerading as...flaky IG posts

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

I have half-attempted to fall down this rabbit hole but the first thing I do with fundies is look at how many kids they have and what their names are. So, naturally, after reading a few pages in here and finding out that her youngest two are Shiloh and Honor, and there’s a slave son (the eldest?) Ezra, I went to her blog and clicked the “about me” page. Duuuude. It’s SO LONG. It’s also obviously quite out of date, because she references being a mama of 5. But at no point does she name even ONE of those five. For someone whose identity is wrapped up in being “a mother”, she sure does harp on about everything except her kids.

So guys, can someone who cares about the children more than she does please give me a names-and-ages cheat sheet?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

I have half-attempted to fall down this rabbit hole but the first thing I do with fundies is look at how many kids they have and what their names are. So, naturally, after reading a few pages in here and finding out that her youngest two are Shiloh and Honor, and there’s a slave son (the eldest?) Ezra, I went to her blog and clicked the “about me” page. Duuuude. It’s SO LONG. It’s also obviously quite out of date, because she references being a mama of 5. But at no point does she name even ONE of those five. For someone whose identity is wrapped up in being “a mother”, she sure does harp on about everything except her kids.

So guys, can someone who cares about the children more than she does please give me a names-and-ages cheat sheet?

1) Ezra age 12

2) Simon age 10

3) Adelaide Elizabeth (Nickname Della) age 8

4/5) twins: Evangeline Noelle (Nickname Evy) and Magnolia Claire (nickname Nola) age 6

6) Theodore (Nickname Theo) age 4

7) Honor age 2

8.) Shiloh Christian

These are approximate ages. 

ETA: I scoured the blog to find their real names since she calls them by nicknames often.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

5 hours ago, Smee said:

at no point does she name even ONE of those five. For someone whose identity is wrapped up in being “a mother”, she sure does harp on about everything except her kids.

This is one of my biggest problems with Abbie. She hardly ever uses the children's names. Ezra, who is her #1 son and helper, is called by everything but his name. Big boy, little old man, and the one I despise the most, third parent. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

Braggie has blogged for well over a decade but does not share what her children are interested in. She doesn’t have to refer to them by name but she doesn’t even share their milestones.

Braggie only shares what her kids are doing wrong, how annoying they are to her, and how they are serving her. If she shares anything nice about her kids or an accomplishment of theirs, she always includes a “dig” and a backhanded compliment.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

It's Friday, YAY! (Can you tell Shiloh's excited?) Oh, wait. It's just as hard to practice gentle speech on the weekend as it is on a Tuesday. ? Sometimes harder if your kids are usually in school, or if they're in an especially, ahem, celebratory mood. (i.e. hyper)

Let's see, gentle speech is hard when the kids are home, when they talk, when they're happy, when they're playing unsupervised on the trampoline and the toddler gets hurt, when her son forgets his math book, when the 6 year old can't find her leotards, when the pillows aren't arranged properly, when she has a headache, etc . BUT, it is "easier to be kind to people when others are watching" so she looks good.

What exactly is the point of the gentleness challenge? Every other post is about Abbie trying and failing to contain her rage.  

...a child, who had forgotten his math book and had not responded the first time to a calm reminder as we were literally backing out of the garage, got a taste of my "mom voice." I can honestly say it's the first time that I've come close to yelling (in irritation) during this challenge, and I was instantly convicted and apologized. But still. I didn't stay on the tight rope.

Why does she think its ok to communicate by yelling as long as she doesn't feel it's in anger or irritation? She talked about "scared" yelling when Honor, whom she called "the two year old" and not by name, fell off the trampoline. The lines are constantly shifting.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Not many moms talk to their kids in meek “sing-song” voices like Michelle Duggar and Priscilla Waller. However, many moms understand their limits and take adult responsibility. Moms who struggle with “gentleness” don’t go on to have 8+ kids.

How is it fair for the kids to endure your verbal abuse just so that you can treat them as your Godly status symbols (to garner praise and attention)? How narcissistic is that? 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Hey, look! If you spell it out for her, she can manage a sweet post about her daughters' interests! With no criticism or passive aggressiveness at all!

Legit though. ?

Edited by DundeeUnFundie
  • Upvote 5

They have 2 pet chameleons? Somehow I missed that little tidbit.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

They have 2 pet chameleons? Somehow I missed that little tidbit.

Because you know what Ezra needs on top of 7 siblings to care for because his mom is addicted to pregnancy but hates kids? 2 lizards to care for because mom sure as shit won't take care of those either. 

• Upvote 14

And a new puppy only days older than the new baby. And kittens I think? I recall cat stories...

• Upvote 3

Although I disapprove of Ezra taking care of his siblings, under normal circumstances I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect a kid his age to take care of his pets without mom’s help. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

On 4/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

1) Ezra age 12

2) Simon age 10

3) Adelaide Elizabeth (Nickname Della) age 8

4/5) twins: Evangeline Noelle (Nickname Evy) and Magnolia Claire (nickname Nola) age 6

6) Theodore (Nickname Theo) age 4

7) Honor age 2

8.) Shiloh Christian

These are approximate ages. 

ETA: I scoured the blog to find their real names since she calls them by nicknames often.

Thank you! I’m so torn on how I feel about fundies using names I like. On the one hand, better that there’s another Adelaide (?) in the world than another Spurgeon. On the other, what does it say about me that 2 of her kids’ names are ones I really loved but my husband said no to, 1 was what my eldest daughter would have been if she’d been a boy, and 1 was the runner-up name on the shortlist for my 3rd daughter?

I started stalking her Instagram and it’s amusing how many posed group shots there are of her and all her children without their father. There’s one where Ezra has Honor on his hip and because he’s tall and holding a child, for a second there I thought he was the dad.

Also, ballet lessons from a 16yr old fellow homeschooled kid? Is this a thing homeschoolers do, where even their extra curricular activities are in tiny sheltered lessons with someone underqualified? Not that the 16yo is necessarily a bad teacher, but I doubt she has the qualifications or professional experience of most dance schools. Is it a cost thing (I imagine a lot of people couldn’t afford the fees of dance schools, especially for 3 kids) or just another way to limit their interactions with the outside world?

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 6

I was Ezra's age when my cousin's daughter was born and I did help with feeding and changing her, because I asked to help not because I was made to. My sister and I also used to babysit for a family friend at weekends and I did help change her son. 

I have no issue with kid's having chores and even helping out a bit with younger siblings but no child should be doing just as much as or more than the actual parents. I feel sorry for Ezra having to be the parent to his siblings.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Thank you! I’m so torn on how I feel about fundies using names I like. On the one hand, better that there’s another Adelaide (?) in the world than another Spurgeon. On the other, what does it say about me that 2 of her kids’ names are ones I really loved but my husband said no to, 1 was what my eldest daughter would have been if she’d been a boy, and 1 was the runner-up name on the shortlist for my 3rd daughter?

I started stalking her Instagram and it’s amusing how many posed group shots there are of her and all her children without their father. There’s one where Ezra has Honor on his hip and because he’s tall and holding a child, for a second there I thought he was the dad.

Also, ballet lessons from a 16yr old fellow homeschooled kid? Is this a thing homeschoolers do, where even their extra curricular activities are in tiny sheltered lessons with someone underqualified? Not that the 16yo is necessarily a bad teacher, but I doubt she has the qualifications or professional experience of most dance schools. Is it a cost thing (I imagine a lot of people couldn’t afford the fees of dance schools, especially for 3 kids) or just another way to limit their interactions with the outside world?

It’s ok you like her name choices. I think she puts WAY more thought into their names than the actual consequences of having yet another child she won’t parent. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a real thing amongst fundies to send them to a fundie friend for extra curricular activities. Like you said, it’s likely a money issue and of course fundies love their self imposed bubbles. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

13 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Hey, look! If you spell it out for her, she can manage a sweet post about her daughters' interests! With no criticism or passive aggressiveness at all!

Legit though. ?

And yet she still doesn't bother to call them by name. Well, she named three out of four so I guess that's progress? #evynolaanddellagram

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

And yet she still doesn't bother to call them by name. Well, she named three out of four so I guess that's progress? #evynolaanddellagram

This is so true! ? She can thank FJ for providing her post ideas and guidelines. ?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I was Ezra's age when my cousin's daughter was born and I did help with feeding and changing her, because I asked to help not because I was made to. My sister and I also used to babysit for a family friend at weekends and I did help change her son. 

I have no issue with kid's having chores and even helping out a bit with younger siblings but no child should be doing just as much as or more than the actual parents. I feel sorry for Ezra having to be the parent to his siblings.

There's a major difference between "you're old enough to have certain responsibilities in the household and as the oldest sibling, you should help watch out for your siblings and be a good example to them" and "#thirdparent". One gives children the tools for adulthood, and the other robs children of their childhood. 

• Upvote 14

Braggie’s back with a new Sunday (I mean, humblebrag) post, and she wants to everyone to know that her kids only wear thrifted and grifted. And she only buys from Walmart and Goodwill.

But NOT Target. Do not suggest Target. 

5211EF07-4D48-4DC2-8463-38A2F0D93022.thumb.jpeg.edae47eda4426e5c45cb22487a6c53c3.jpeg

Edited by BobJonesBabe
Wrong photo
  • Thank You 8

And as if by magic, a picture of Dad holding the baby appears!

No, she doesn't read here at all.  No sirreee, nope.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Of course she doesn’t give a fuck about what her kids wear. Have you seen her closet?! She needs to save her money for HER clothes. 

• Upvote 6

Smcorcoran (comment below the picture) beats everyone when it comes to taking advantage! It’s like she paid $5 for a tights library card. I wonder what the workers at her Target think of her?

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, akinom said:

Smcorcoran (comment below the picture) beats everyone when it comes to taking advantage! It’s like she paid $5 for a tights library card. I wonder what the workers at her Target think of her?

I bet Braggie is kicking herself for refusing to shop at target now. I bet Braggie would do the exact same thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

So I'm gonna give Abbie a little credit here. She was able to recognize that her language was hurtful and she apologized to her child. It also shows a little more self-awareness than usual as she realizes that she doesn't engage with her children by making eye contact when they speak. With that being said, Abbie is still Abbie and excuses her behavior by dismissing the child's question as "obvious" and telling us that it wasn't mean. 

The other day, one of my kids asked me a rather obvious question, one to which he should have known the answer. And my response, while not inherently mean, was a bit impatient. Something like, "If you thought about it, you could probably figure that out yourself." His face twisted just a little, and I ran my response through my mind and asked, was I too harsh? To which he immediately replied, yes. I apologized, gentled my tone, and tried again.

And all I could think was that, if I hadn't really been looking at him, I wouldn't have noticed his reaction, and I would have missed an opportunity to connect with my child's heart.

• Upvote 2

• Georgiana locked this topic