IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

What purpose does it serve, for a mother of eight, to host weekly exercise parties at home?  I don't understand it. She already teaches (like 3?) exercise classes a week at a gym that takes a ~1 hour round trip to get to, according to what Abbie said in a post.

Does she do this in a selfish attempt to "show off" her (crummy house) decor?  Yes, I said crummy. I think her house looks poorly made, flimsy, tacky, and cheap. In fact, it reminds me of walking into Home Depot because her house looks like a warehouse. It has no charm, warmth, and isn't "fancy" at all.

She is such a wanna-be wealthy woman. IMO, she craves having everyone over so she can hear their compliments and try to make other women jealous in order to feed her ego. If Abbie wasn't such a jerk, I wouldn't have said any of this.

Apparently Paula Dean makes a "Spicy French Toast" with cayenne pepper:
https://www.google.com/search?q=french+toast+cayenne+pepper&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS707US707&oq=french+toast+cayenne+pepper&aqs=chrome..69i57.7102j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

My friends and I used to play a 'potions' game where we made the grossest combinations and tried them. Milo and prawn crackers was one of the nicer versions we concocted...

It's experimentation. She was having a bit of fun. There's nothing about that that should be criticized. Considering the whole 'keep sweet' stereotype, it makes me happy to see any fundie little girl being cheeky. :)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I can’t figure out if she favors her boys or just doesn’t like the 6-8 ages as much. They aren’t cute little bubs anymore but they aren’t old enough to really help with the littles either. It’s just an awkward phase of lost leotards and prank toast I guess. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

I don't know why I keep reading:

"I hollered today...right after the two-year-old got knocked off the OUTSIDE of the trampoline (where he had crawled, as two-year-olds do), and I was attempting to ascertain how hurt he was and only getting babbled descriptions of the pot he broke on the way down. BUT WHAT PART OF HIM HIT THE POT, I said. Not angry. Just loud/scared. They finally heard me. Not even feeling too guilty about that one."

So the way I'm reading this is that Honor was somehow able to get himself up on the edge of the trampoline, was knocked off, and fell hard enough to break a pot. Abbie left a two year-old child alone without adult supervision near a trampoline that was being used and then yelled at the other kids because she was scared. Not to worry though. She doesn't feel guilty. #gentlenesschallenge

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 12

11 hours ago, kesmom said:

I can’t figure out if she favors her boys or just doesn’t like the 6-8 ages as much. They aren’t cute little bubs anymore but they aren’t old enough to really help with the littles either. It’s just an awkward phase of lost leotards and prank toast I guess. 

She seems to like them when she can have cutesy tea parties with them. But I imagine she still resents the twins. She really was not happy about that spontaneous twofer. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, kesmom said:

I always notice that her babies go from the sweetest-awesome-best-thing-ever to POS when they become toddlers. She writes awful things when the babies turn into toddlers—I’ve noticed it with Theo and Honor. I get that toddlers can be difficult, but it’s striking how differently she describes her kids once they start to assert a little independence. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I always notice that her babies go from the sweetest-awesome-best-thing-ever to POS when they become toddlers. She writes awful things when the babies turn into toddlers—I’ve noticed it with Theo and Honor. I get that toddlers can be difficult, but it’s striking how differently she describes her kids once they start to assert a little independence. 

She can control them so much easier when they are babies. She doesn’t seem to get control of them again until they are maybe 7 or 8. She’s going to hate her kids again once they are teens and have opinions of their own. 

• Upvote 11

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She can control them so much easier when they are babies. She doesn’t seem to get control of them again until they are maybe 7 or 8. She’s going to hate her kids again once they are teens and have opinions of their own. 

She’s going to have a real fun time with a bazillion teenagers in the house. I, for one, am looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, SuperNova said:

"I hollered today...right after the two-year-old got knocked off the OUTSIDE of the trampoline (where he had crawled, as two-year-olds do), and I was attempting to ascertain how hurt he was and only getting babbled descriptions of the pot he broke on the way down. BUT WHAT PART OF HIM HIT THE POT, I said. Not angry. Just loud/scared. They finally heard me. Not even feeling too guilty about that one."

So the way I'm reading this is that Honor was somehow able to get himself up on the edge of the trampoline, was knocked off, and fell hard enough to break a pot. Abbie left a two year-old child alone without adult supervision near a trampoline that was being used and then yelled at the other kids because she was scared. Not to worry though. She doesn't feel guilty. #gentlenesschallenge

What stood out to me in this was the children are so used to her freaking out over broken objects that their automatic reaction was to panic about the broken pot.

Edited by DundeeUnFundie
spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 7

What was the pot doing so close to the trampoline, and what other decor/crap is there with it?

Edited by catlady
Riffle
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Why didn’t the trampoline have a net around it?  Why would anyone put flower pots and other hard crap so close to the thing?  Why does this woman think she’s so shit hot?   So many questions.

• Upvote 15

4 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Why didn’t the trampoline have a net around it?  Why would anyone put flower pots and other hard crap so close to the thing?  Why does this woman think she’s so shit hot?   So many questions.

I think she said he climbed outside the net. Some trampolines do have a space outside the net where the springs are. He could crawl out on that edge. And I imagine Braggie has decorative crap everywhere. Including near the trampoline. Which is idiotic.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I have a friend who was an ER nurse for many years, now retired, she said lots times how she hated trampolines and snowboarding.  So many injuries; small kids and bad supervision of those kids kept them busy.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Back in the Yuku days, one of us posted about a Mormon mommy blogger who wrote in detail about the time she started driving her SUV or minivan full of her kids out of her driveway and down the street, only to discover that her unsecured toddler was hanging outside the vehicle as she drove, hanging onto the open car door for dear life. We all were shocked that the writer considered this such a normal, everyday mommy misadventure that she’d publicize it. Of course her fangirls came flocking around and mass sympathetic hand-patting commenced.

• WTF 21
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Hane said:

Back in the Yuku days, one of us posted about a Mormon mommy blogger who wrote in detail about the time she started driving her SUV or minivan full of her kids out of her driveway and down the street, only to discover that her unsecured toddler was hanging outside the vehicle as she drove, hanging onto the open car door for dear life. We all were shocked that the writer considered this such a normal, everyday mommy misadventure that she’d publicize it. Of course her fangirls came flocking around and mass sympathetic hand-patting commenced.

That was MckMama, right? Lord, I'd almost forgotten about that crazy train.

• Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I have a friend who was an ER nurse for many years, now retired, she said lots times how she hated trampolines and snowboarding.  So many injuries; small kids and bad supervision of those kids kept them busy.

I've always heard that having a trampoline increases one's homeowner's insurance, but I can't personally verify that. I can, however, personally verify that the family with four daughters who lived one street over from me growing up spent A LOT of time waiting for x-rays during their childhoods.

1 minute ago, PopRox said:

That was MckMama, right? Lord, I'd almost forgotten about that crazy train.

Does anyone know the latest with that? Are she and what's his face still together? Is she still certifiable?

• Upvote 1

@PopRox, I don’t *think* it was MckMama, but my memory may be wrong.

• Thank You 1

“Babbled descriptions”. She can’t stop herself from using negative language with her kids. Every single time she describes the kids, it has a negative undertone. I don’t get it. 

Edited by Shiny
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Shiny said:

“Babbled descriptions”. She can’t stop herself from using negative language with her kids. Every single time she describes the kids, it has a negative undertone. I don’t get it. 

She resents them. They demand attention, have needs, break her stuff, make a mess, are loud, forget stuff. God knows why she doesn't just send them to school, she'd probably cope a lot better with some time away from at least some of them. Then again that would force her to look after the youngest ones, so maybe not. 

• Upvote 13

20 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes. Bingo.

@Shiny I agree. She hates her kids once they are no longer babies and if they’re unable to perform slave labor for her. Referring to her child as giving “babbled descriptions” is very condescending.

She has no patience with children and is not meant to have a ton of kids. The question is, what is she getting out of it? 

IMO, the answer is attention. People do crazy things for attention, such as pretending to be a missing child.

The below quote is how Abbie discusses her 4 year old:

”In fact, thanks to her example, I'm purposing to choose joy today when Theo drags every single article of clothing out of his drawers in search of his "dinosaur shirt" (a daily occurrence lately). Because he has plenty of clothes and a dresser to put them in and a healthy set of hands to haul them all out with...and all of that is honestly just "such a blessing!" 

@Ozlsn Braggie outsources her homeschooling. Two days out of the week, they attend co-cop (she teaches Spanish class there as well). Thursdays, I believe, her mother homeschools them at her house and they spend the night there as well. Additionally, I believe her mom does all of the homeschooling but Braggie won’t admit it.

I bet her kids want to live with Grandma.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

She resents them. They demand attention, have needs, break her stuff, make a mess, are loud, forget stuff. God knows why she doesn't just send them to school, she'd probably cope a lot better with some time away from at least some of them. Then again that would force her to look after the youngest ones, so maybe not. 

The thing is, she basically does! She sends them to homeschool—she outsources most of the homeschool to her mom.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

This thread just gave me the awful realization that my Mom resented me when I was a kid.  She would always get screaming- angry if I made normal kid mistakes, like losing something/having trouble with math/missing the bus. She wasn't shy about hitting me, either-- I was actually kind or terrified of her for a few years. The "babbled descriptions" reminds me of how she used to make fun of my voice every time she repeated something I said (once it upset me so much I burst into tears).

Hang in there, Abbie's kids.  I know what it's like.

• Sad 4
  • Love 17

19 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

This is an older article, but the American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended that trampolines be banned.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I think a more reasonable response to the April fools prank would be to laugh and enjoy it, but calmly explain that it's pretty wasteful, and perhaps help her come up with less wasteful pranks for next year. Of course, calmly explaining is not something that Abbie does...

I do like that she's doing this gentleness challenge and hope she keeps it going for longer if it prevents her from blowing up at her kids for being kids as often as she tends to,though I think the examples she provides really show that she absolutely should not have this many kids (if any)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, smittykins said:

This is an older article, but the American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended that trampolines be banned.

We never allowed our kids to use one.  No regrets whatsoever.  I have hated them ever since I was forced to get on one and learn to do a flip in YMCA day camp.  I was terrified the entire time.

• Upvote 4

• Georgiana locked this topic