IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

the kinder, more patient way my oldest has been speaking to his siblings

I thought the oldest was her Baby Whisperer and Director of Housekeeping. I guess even he isn't immune to public criticism. I thought that, and backhanded compliments, were reserved for her daughters.

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 5

re pillows..Coupling and cushion rage

Spoiler

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t beliebe this is the first time she’s noticed a bunch of unfollows. Actually I bet she has before. She just hasn’t said anything. 

43C63B52-998A-440C-A810-4897DC6CB58C.jpeg

BTW I don’t think they unfollowed her because she was talking about using a gentle voice. I think they unfollowed her because she was harsh with her children over arranging fucking PILLOWS. They didn’t arrange them perfectly and she was pissed. Who wants to follow an asshole like that? 

I think she's honestly baffled as to why people were bothered by that post. And her gentleness challenge. Ugh. It comes across as aggressive to me. Like she's saying, you don't like the way I do things? Lets see you do better! Everything in life isn't a freaking competition, Abbie. This woman is insufferable.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

SOUL SISTER.  ?‍♀️

We have a lot of blankets.  A LOT.  OF BLANKETS.

We love plush ones.  We have lovely vintage quilts.  And I've crocheted around 20 over the years.  

If there's ever a deep freeze in East Texas, we're covered (har de har har). :dance:

I survived the bomb cyclone in Colorado last week because I have ALL THE BLANKETS. 

And the kitties were inclined to cuddle for warmth, so double cozy.

• Love 8

Confession: I hate extra pillows and cushions so much that I specifically chose living room furniture with cushions sewn on. You can’t take off any of the cushions! I love it. 

• Upvote 7

I was going to post the Allstate “More pillows” ad, but couldn’t find it on YouTube(all I saw was a brief clip of a baby laughing at it).

• Haha 1

To me, the little decorative pillows can serve a purpose-- I'm a side sleeper, and those sukers are the perfect size to go between my knees (anyone else do that?)!

I'm another person who has ALL THE BLANKETS. Most of them were given to me as gifts or made by my late Grammy. Also, my cats love them.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

My mother is a fervent quilter, so not only do I have ALL the blankets, I am also set to inherent EVEN MORE of all the blankets. Recently, she had to expand her fabric art horizons because she's running out of space to store her already finished ones. I can't complain one bit--she's so talented and it brings her so much enjoyment--but man, I am bursting at the scenes with quilts. My grandmother, who is still going strong at 89, is a knitter--so I'm currently snuggled up beneath an afghan she made for me. Luckily, I'm one of those people who loves to set the temperature low or open the windows and snuggle up under a bunch of blankets. Even in the summer, I'm usually under a blanket if I'm relaxing on the sofa or whatever. I also have anxiety and insomnia and shelled out the money to buy a weighted blanket and it is the absolute best. It really is calming and helps me sleep--apparently they're great for people with autism and ADHD, too. It's just so comforting. Right now my bed is just a mess of random blankets and I don't even have a comforter because I can't find one I like. 

I did not realize how much I had to say about blankets until today.

I'm not a big pillow person, though. I don't own any accent pillows.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 12

I’m currently under a sheet, comforter and my favorite knitted blanket that mil made me. It also happens to be my cat’s favorite. No accent pillows here, the cat and dog liked them too much. The cat would love Braggie’s tasseled pillows, and my dog would just lick them. 

Spoiler

EFADCA01-2D54-444B-A122-D12A4EBFE8B8.thumb.jpeg.64f9f818e82f461bae53931715ddf88e.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

Here's the cat in my life, who is also something of a blanket aficionado herself. Forgive the poor quality, but I wanted y'all to see that she sleeps on her back with her head tilted to the side. She's the most ridiculous animal I've ever had the pleasure to have known.

IMG_2195.JPG

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 10

No pics but afghans rule like nobody's business.  They are like the weighted blankets of today but from the 70s.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, pook said:

No pics but afghans rule like nobody's business.  They are like the weighted blankets of today but from the 70s.

We had two afghans on our casual sofa and love seat and sofa in our den when I was growing up. They were absolutely atrocious--one was brown and gold flower designs and one was a beige monstrosity with tassels. I LOVED those things and I have no idea where they went, but I would love to have them back again. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

Dear Sis @ViolaSebastian --

Prepare to receive my real-life address for forwarding of quilts and/or afghans. Can promise a good home to all.

Your friend forever, 

Sis Chickenetti 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I have an afghan that I specifically crocheted in harvest gold and avocado green, as an homage to the 70's.  ❤️

My baby boys (they are brothers) on one of the gorgeous quilts we got from my MIL's collection -

arthur and kuro.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 15

7 hours ago, pook said:

I totally agree. I want one of my mom’s Afghans so damn bad. It’s heavy and soft and warm. Ahhhhh. Oh, and it’s ugly. It’s infection mucous green. But I don’t give a single fuck. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 9

Since I'm bragging on my mom, here are two of my favorites that she made for me. The first one is a smaller quilt meant for wall-hanging. The squares are taken from an antique Underground Railroad Quilt and all the fabrics are reproductions of ones from the American Civil War Era. My focus for my history degree was 19th-century  history, and this was my graduation present. (You can also see my slipper in the corner because I was too lazy to move it).

Spoiler

IMG_2497.thumb.JPG.9a77f090d07132a9b8d6cdf013c1b93b.JPG

The second is made with fabrics that were an homage to the artist Monet. She made is for me just because she knew I would swoon over the fabrics--and she was right. 

Spoiler

IMG_2499.thumb.JPG.572bf2f7ac573ebcb960e50881d29a53.JPG

• Love 33

@ViolaSebastian Those are beautiful treasures, you are very lucky to have them ? Your mom is incredibly talented, the Monet one is remarkable, I’ve never seen a quilt like it. Tell her Charlie from FJ says she’s amazing ?

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Remove stray letter
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Abbie has created an Insta page for her #gentlenesschallenge #gentlenessproject AND she is so humbled that six hundred people expressed interest. 

Okay. 

Gentle in words but what about actions? Remember her gross insta post on fuss juice? Her responses in the comments were just as terrible. 

How is this gentle? Is she saying that her harsh words are worse than this kind of behavior? 

I’m a parent, it’s hard a lot of the time. I have made many mistakes, but this....when I first read it I had to leave the thread. 

Word and actions Abbie. 

Her fuss juice post and a few of her comments under spoilers.  

Spoiler

B1277DEC-5687-4AF9-A3E9-5E6445A85996.thumb.png.617c12b7ebd5a789bcd1bd39d7ee885d.png

Spoiler

12223C63-05CD-4E02-83CD-252A82D16279.thumb.png.fe982cbdad4089150a961944e36503af.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 7

20 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Abbie has created an Insta page for her #gentlenesschallenge #gentlenessproject AND she is so humbled that six hundred people expressed interest. 

Okay. 

Gentle in words but what about actions? Remember her gross insta post on fuss juice? Her responses in the comments were just as terrible. 

How is this gentle? Is she saying that her harsh words are worse than this kind of behavior? 

I’m a parent, it’s hard a lot of the time. I have made many mistakes, but this....when I first read it I had to leave the thread. 

Word and actions Abbie. 

Her fuss juice post and a few of her comments under spoilers.  

Hide contents

B1277DEC-5687-4AF9-A3E9-5E6445A85996.thumb.png.617c12b7ebd5a789bcd1bd39d7ee885d.png

Hide contents

12223C63-05CD-4E02-83CD-252A82D16279.thumb.png.fe982cbdad4089150a961944e36503af.png

And she wonders why her 4 year old has rage issues. 

Actually I have a son who is 4 and he is feisty as hell. It’s the age. But I don’t spray his mouth so he gags, chokes, and possibly throws up. I’m not some parenting guru. Actually I don’t think I’m very good at it. But damn. I’m not making my kids throw up from my punishments. She’s fucking sick. 

• Upvote 14

Did I miss this last time we talked about her fuss juice? She'd make a 3 year old vomit then clean it up? That's all kinds of fucked up.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Did I miss this last time we talked about her fuss juice? She'd make a 3 year old vomit then clean it up? That's all kinds of fucked up.

We did talk about that last time. It seemed like the most heinous part. She forces them to throw up and then they must clean it up. She’s disgusting. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

@ViolaSebastian I have a cat that sleeps with his head rotated 180 degrees from his ass. He ain't right.

4 year olds are umm...teenagers in training. Where I'm from it's called "smelling themselves". 

28 year olds, 31 year olds and 56 year olds aren't much better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic