IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

Just for the record, this was Jana's congratulations video to John and Abbie:

I think it would be normal to be at least somewhat emotional at your twin's wedding, and I seriously doubt she hasn't experienced any angst about being the oldest sister and watching all of her younger sisters get married while still being single herself, especially in a religious cult that prizes marriage and childbearing above all else. To me, knowing that she was the one responsible for most of the prep for the reception, she seems more exhausted than anything, but that's just my interpretation. But she was definitely not 'practically bawling'.

Not trying to be picky, just trying to avoid that snowball effect that can happen where people take words at face value and then two years down the line FJ lore has Jana sobbing in a closet the whole reception. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Not trying to be picky, just trying to avoid that snowball effect that can happen where people take words at face value and then two years down the line FJ lore has Jana sobbing in a closet the whole reception. 

Looks like you just gave In Touch their new headline:

Devastated Single Jana Duggar Breaks Down at her Twin's Wedding! "When will it be my turn?" Sources say she spent the entire reception sobbing in the closet,  away from prying eyes..

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 40

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Just for the record, this was Jana's congratulations video to John and Abbie:

I think it would be normal to be at least somewhat emotional at your twin's wedding, and I seriously doubt she hasn't experienced any angst about being the oldest sister and watching all of her younger sisters get married while still being single herself, especially in a religious cult that prizes marriage and childbearing above all else. To me, knowing that she was the one responsible for most of the prep for the reception, she seems more exhausted than anything, but that's just my interpretation. But she was definitely not 'practically bawling'.

She looks incredibly unhappy. I stand by my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, copyed said:

She looks incredibly unhappy. I stand by my opinion.

You have every right to stand by your opinion. People are going to have different interpretations of 'practically bawling', though, and I want to make sure that people can view the video for themselves and draw their own conclusions. 

• Upvote 17

In Jana’s congrats video above she mentions “WE are just so excited for you....” since she is standing alone, I wonder who WE is?

• Upvote 2

As someone who hasn't watched an episode that color looks good on her and her facial expressions reminded me of Jessa in the beginning. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

In Jana’s congrats video above she mentions “WE are just so excited for you....” since she is standing alone, I wonder who WE is?

I assume she just means we the family.

She’s definitely emotional and trying not to cry, but I think I’d be the same at my sister’s wedding and we’re not twins, and I’ve been married myself nearly a decade. It’s not a sign that Jana’s miserable, just that she clearly loves her twin and this is a big moment for him.

• Upvote 17

She looks teary eyed, but I'd call it "emotional." It's probably a mix of happy and sad-- bittersweet, wistful. Happy tears for her twin finding "the one" and starting what actually makes you accomplished and an adult in their society; sad because it's probably natural to compare your own life stage to where your twin is,  having seen several of her younger sisters get married, and that getting married separates her brother from her because he has now officially joined the adults and she remains essentially a child.

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Definitely the whole family. I don't think she's with anyone. 

She looks emotional, and I'm sure this is a weird transition, but she doesn't seem unhappy here. She may be unhappy in general, but she's definitely happy for her twin. 

• Upvote 5

If there would have been a ‘we’ that would join her to the wedding we would definitely know by now, it is 5 months later, they should be getting married any day now.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Jana saying "we" when she's in the video by herself is weird to me just because it's another example of how the Duggar girls don't really own their own feelings.  Pretty much the only time you hear fundie girls say "I feel..." is when they're saying how lucky they are to get to marry their best friend or when they're praising their own mothers. Other than that it's a lot of "we" and weirdly, the general "you".  It's like they're mostly just part of the collective, displaying the feelings everyone is supposed to feel. 

• Upvote 18

Janas instagram seems so carefully curated. The other girls' are less so, with the possible exception of Jinger, but there we know why - hipster preacher couple trying to make it in the world. So, what is Jana (and her Instagram) being primed for, and why?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Thorns said:

Janas instagram seems so carefully curated. The other girls' are less so, with the possible exception of Jinger, but there we know why - hipster preacher couple trying to make it in the world. So, what is Jana (and her Instagram) being primed for, and why?

Since she's single, and they keep mentioning it, I kind of get the feeling this is her fundie personal ad. They're trying to attract a suitor for her. ? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Thorns said:

My IG is curated. Because I like nice pictures and I'm a bit perfectionist. I'm not looking for a suitor, I'm just arranging things nicely or showing the best shots of a travel etc. The same way I wear make up and ironed clothes at work and others don't.  

Jill or Jessa post ugly decorations or food, or a dirty house and are critisized. Jana posts the opposite way and is critisized. Wow it's hard to be a fundie celebrity haha!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

My IG is curated. Because I like nice pictures and I'm a bit perfectionist. I'm not looking for a suitor, I'm just arranging things nicely or showing the best shots of a travel etc. The same way I wear make up and ironed clothes at work and others don't.  

Jill or Jessa post ugly decorations or food, or a dirty house and are critisized. Jana posts the opposite way and is critisized. Wow it's hard to be a fundie celebrity haha!

If anyone saw my IG they'd think I have a glamorous life with my carefully selected travel pictures and selfies that took me 20 tries to get one that I like. Or that I always go to sports and concerts. No one sees that I spent like 5 Saturdays watching Netflix by myself. I'm also not looking for a suitor. I just want to present a certain fun and fancy image. 

• Upvote 5

Guys, of course you're not looking for suitors with your curated social media presences. You're also not from fundamentalist families with reality TV shows and a history of only 'allowing' adult children Instagram accounts when they're courting. I don't think your experiences are really comparable to Jana's, unfortunately.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

It would’ve been the girls in Jana’s age bracket who were writing all those SAHD blogs a few years ago, right? She’s at least familiar with the idea of web presence as a way to put yourself out there without really putting yourself out there.

• Upvote 12

Jana is approaching 30 in a cult that worships marriage and fertility.  She has spent a decent chunk of her most fertile years not having children. I wouldn't be at all surprised if JB and Michelle were getting just the teensiest bit concerned about Jana's ongoing singleness.  I certainly haven't written Jana off as a "hopeless spinster." However, as @singsingsing has mentioned I am not a member of the cult of marriage and motherhood. My heathen opinion doesn't count in Duggarland. 

• Upvote 10

Josie is what, 9 now? Almost old enough to be a sister-mom herself. So for JB and Michelle, there’s no real advantage to having Jana at home, and JB knows how much money and attention a Jana courtship would bring in. I don’t think he was intentionally preventing her from marrying so he could have a SAHD, but I also don’t think he was trying extra hard to marry her off and that coupled with her pickiness (an excellent personality trait to have when it comes to a lifelong commitment) has led to her becoming the one that everyone wonders about. For her, marrying and starting a family now might still mean “only” 4 or 5 kids if she has a couple of years between them, so even if she doesn’t want a dozen, if she wants a husband and family (which I think she does) it’s an understandable time to get more serious about looking for someone.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Jana might not have had kids yet but she's spent the last 20 years raising them. She might not even want them and this is her way of kinda getting out of having 4+ kids without having to explain to her parents why she's not a baby train.

• Upvote 8

Anna seems to dwarf Jana and Laura in this pic. It’s strange because I’ve never noticed that much of difference before even in the many wedding pics they’ve been in together. Camera angles are weird. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Anna seems to dwarf Jana and Laura in this pic. It’s strange because I’ve never noticed that much of difference before even in the many wedding pics they’ve been in together. Camera angles are weird. 

She replied to a comment and said she was wearing heels and she's 5'4-1/2"

• Thank You 3

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

She looks teary eyed, but I'd call it "emotional." It's probably a mix of happy and sad-- bittersweet, wistful. Happy tears for her twin finding "the one" and starting what actually makes you accomplished and an adult in their society; sad because it's probably natural to compare your own life stage to where your twin is,  having seen several of her younger sisters get married, and that getting married separates her brother from her because he has now officially joined the adults and she remains essentially a child.

I think she also looks exhausted. Wasn't she up late for at least the night before (possibly more) getting all the wedding prep done? She's probably like "okay - it's done - can I just go take a nap now??" 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic