IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Why would we know if Jana had courted in the past? We only see a tiny segment of their lives that TLC offers to us.

Well, it does seem in the 15 years that they’ve had a show of one type or another, there are a couple of areas where they have focused: babies, new relationships and weddings. If Duggars have been covertly courting/dating...without anyone catching on, they should be commended. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, it does seem in the 15 years that they’ve had a show of one type or another, there are a couple of areas where they have focused: babies, new relationships and weddings. If Duggars have been covertly courting/dating...without anyone catching on, they should be commended. 

You can commend them for Jill’s courtship then. The public didn’t know she was courting until she was already engaged to Derick. 

• Upvote 7

Just now, VelociRapture said:

You can commend them for Jill’s courtship then. The public didn’t know she was courting until she was already engaged to Derick. 

Im likely confused here, but was she already engaged before she went to Nepal to meet and greet in the flesh? 

Just now, SassyPants said:

Im likely confused here, but was she already engaged before she went to Nepal to meet and greet in the flesh? 

the engagement was filmed for the show as was nepal

nepal was first we just saw it much much later

then engagement then showing it to us. 

they just didn't share 

• Thank You 2

TLC is not stupid. They know what people want to $ee. People seeing = $$$$. It’s a business. I’m not sure how much leeway the workers have in terms of being filmed. Would Anna have joyfully agreed  to having Michael’s birth filmed and shown to the world? Location made the filming of Derrick difficult, had he been in AR, I doubt the filming patterns would have been the same.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No, they started officially courting when she went to Nepal and got engaged a couple months after he returned to the States. But the courtship was announced after they were already engaged, and it seems like it was only announced because a photo of Derick with the family was leaked. I have no idea why they did it that way. This was also before the Duggars were as famous as they are now, and before they had a major social media presence. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

TLC is not stupid. They know what people want to $ee. People seeing = $$$$. It’s a business. I’m not sure how much leeway the workers have in terms of being filmed. Would Anna have joyfully agreed  to having Michael’s birth filmed and shown to the world? Location made the filming of Derrick difficult, had he been in AR, I doubt the filming patterns would have been the same.

TLC also aired Jill’s wedding episode the week of Jessa’s wedding when Jill was very obviously PG , and  after the Dillards had already publicly announced their pregnancy. I actually laughed at the irony of that poor timing.

• Upvote 4

On 4/6/2019 at 6:46 AM, justmy2cents said:

@nolongerIFBx I appreciate your point of view, thanks for sharing. I can't even imagine how difficult that was for you. Did your family remain fundie or did that sour them on the lifestyle just a little?

I'm in complete agreement that we shouldn't speculate. I do wonder though if evil heathen media and FJ speculation is as harmful as speculation within the cult. I would think anything said here would not have as strong an impact. Wouldn't they just write it off as an attack on their cult?

My dad has since stopped attending church. I don't know that he disagrees with anything, but just did not find any enjoyment in attending anymore. My mom is still very fundie. She even worries that the church she attends is not legalistic enough but stays because my older brother asked her to, because he and his family are there. Nephew is heading to Pensacola Christian College in the fall. Niece is planning to go there as well, but her cousin wants her to visit Hyles- Anderson with her. Pensacola's not great but Hyles is so much worse. I'm worried. I know that they will try to guilt her into going there by saying if she really loved God she would. Sigh. I'm still fundie by most standards here, but I do think that we could agree that I have left extreme legalism behind. My sister was the first to leave the church we had all attended. She had suffered a lot at the church we had been at previously, ending up with spastic colon from all the gossip. She attends church but not a Baptist or baptistic one. She says that the legalism cannot be separated from Baptist doctrine. She may be right. Youngest brother is the one that has completely left and I don't blame him. The pastor of that church declared open season on home schoolers (he did not have enough control with them at home; he wanted them attending the church school) and my brother was literally beat up in Sunday School. Teacher could not/would not do anything to go against the pastor. That has a way of turning you off to religion!

Hopefully IBLP/ATI would just consider speculation here as persecution, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for even planting the idea in their minds.

I also want to thank everyone who has expressed sympathy, though I wasn't seeking it when I shared. This isn't something I talk about in "real life" because most don't understand what it is like being in a cult or a cultic lifestyle, and, even though I have shared some, I'm still wary of sharing at church because I am scared of gossip and speculation. So it is rather lovely to have someone say, "I'm sorry that happened to you."

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 32

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

her cousin wants her to visit Hyles- Anderson with her. Pensacola's not great but Hyles is so much worse. 

I spent 5 years there & I just want to scream NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! The stories I could tell...

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I spent 5 years there & I just want to scream NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! The stories I could tell...

You'd think Dave Hyles and Jack Schaap preying on the teenage girls would be enough to keep people from sending their daughters there, especially when virginity is an idol to them.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

You'd think Dave Hyles and Jack Schaap preying on the teenage girls would be enough to keep people from sending their daughters there, especially when virginity is an idol to them.

EXACTLY!!! When I tell people that my former pastor is in prison for having sex with a teenage girl they don't believe me!! And the fact that Dave Hyles is walking around a free man is astounding! You are 100% right, they preach virginity and purity but clearly not for themselves. Once again, the good old double standard.

Edited by mollysmom
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I had a dream last night that Jana had been secretly married for years but not allowed to see her husband because Jim Bob disapproved. 

• Haha 21
  • Love 1

On 3/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, AnnaRuk09 said:

I remember her wearing skinny jeans back in October at a party. To be honest, I think it’s a very weird look. I just don’t get that style at all.  

51524922-1CD1-41AA-B161-7C9734771C33.jpeg

jeans under a dress? fucking ridiculous. that is all. I'm ragey

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I think Jana is being a little too heavy-handed with the brow makeup.

That's the second picture she's posted where she's gone too hard on the brows. Hopefully she'll back off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

She probaby had them tinted and the  place did it too dark.  Anna’s brows were too heavy and dark in the last picture posted too.

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I think Jana is being a little too heavy-handed with the brow makeup.

Abbie's brows are contagious.

• Haha 14

I honestly don't get the hate for jeans under dresses. I used to wear that combo a lot growing up in Alaska---it was often just too cold to wear tights or leggings so if you wanted a dress, jeans (and may also long underwear) it was. I never realized other people might think it was hideous. It's not that different from the anorak + pants that Alaska Native women often wear. 

image.thumb.png.b45160af992dc53b8708786a742b0bdf.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I honestly don't get the hate for jeans under dresses. I used to wear that combo a lot growing up in Alaska---it was often just too cold to wear tights or leggings so if you wanted a dress, jeans (and may also long underwear) it was. I never realized other people might think it was hideous. It's not that different from the anorak + pants that Alaska Native women often wear. 

I think the black pants look nicer than the jeans...and of course, in Alaska, there’s a reason for wearing layers. The Duggars just lack any sort of logic, so that tends to make them targets for our comments.

im getting my hair and brows done later today. Of recent my lady seems to be a bit heavy handed with the brow coloring. I am one of those super fair people with dark brows. My daughter used to accuse me a dyeing the brows years ago, when I didn’t. The joys of a having a fair light skinned parent and a very Mediterranean parent. I also was a natural blonde ( now enhanced). So fair, blonde hair, blue eyes and dark brown brows.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11

12 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Abbie's brows are contagious.

Jana looks a lot like Abbie in that picture.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

To me it's all context. Something that's meant to meet practical needs might look nice in its own setting but somebody in a completely different setting who is obviously just making a fashion choice can look ridiculous. Like, I think that park rangers look quite sharp in their uniforms, but when Pharrell tried to make that park ranger hat happen it was totally goofy.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Obviously it's a case of Jana wanting to wear jeans but knowing that until she is on her own that isn't an option unless she's got a dress over it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I dont think it's a bad look when it's clearly done out of necessity, but it's not a style I think looks nice, if that makes any sense. 

I wear long sleeve tshirts under some of my dresses (with fleece lined tights and a cardigan over top) when its really cold out and I just need extra layers, but it's not a style I go for unless it's for warmth. 

• Upvote 8

promo code JANA huh. A lot of the girls are hawking clothing online nowadays. So fuck thrift stores I guess....once you are old enough to make some money off buying new clothes that you like.  Since so many of the sisters are promo coding their way into first hand wardrobes and cousin Amy has a boutique that they promote...can one of them manage to obtain a new birthday outfit for Jordan!? (and presumably the other lost girls) so we don't have to see another post where Michelle declares how exciting!! it was for J-kid to find a special birthday dress at the thrift shop.

Nothing wrong with thrift store finds or making magic happen on a budget of course. But when your family owns planes and the older girls are suddenly all fashionista influencers flaunting their pretty new dresses and there are a million other kids and you already share your b-day with your miracle sister and your niece...I dunnno, just buy the kid her own dress of her choice and stop trying to convince anybody that the most intact one that actually fit and cost $2 is that big of a deal.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

My spidey sense is tingling with all the Jana stuff lately. The fact that she's newly/finally active on social media tells me that JB and Michelle finally think they can handle the household without her and have given their "blessing" for her to maybe think about finding her new headship. After seeing her congratulations video last year for John David, where she was practically bawling, I felt awful for her. Also, she's probably been missing out on TLC income since she hasn't had much in the way of a storyline and I'm sure TLC pays based on screentime, so the dumb sponsorships are probably a good thing for her. At least I hope they are.

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic