IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I have to say, it's not the *most* consistently fundie-styled brand given some of their clothing. Lots of it's pretty modest, but then there are the bikinis.

How does this swimsuit even work? There's no way that wouldn't come off the shoulders if you tried to swim in it, but wouldn't you get weird enormous tan lines if you used it for sunbathing?

Weird tan lines for sure. But the ruffled area is over a full one piece, though strapless, suit. It's easier to see in the black version. So the suit would stay in place though the arm pieces would drift down like sleeves. I'd slip them off my arms and let them hang if I were somehow made to wear it myself...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Jana posted an Instagram with a Charles Spurgeon quote. I mean, obviously this family likes him a lot, given Jessa’s firstborn’s name. But I feel like they’ve been posting about Charles Spurgeon a lot lately— Jinger is reading a book about his wife too. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a sort of prayer "study group", where they pick a topic, each read something they are interested in related to the topic, and then report the things they learned/found interesting/found inspirational at a meeting.  It's something they can spend time doing "together" without actually having to spend a lot of time in the same place.   

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, clueliss said:

Jana is adverting the same citrusandlemon that Jill is and Jana looks so much better doing it.  I credit/fault clothing choice among other things.  

Jana understands that squinty eyes, the outside of your house, and #besthubbyever aren’t good for adverts.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Per today's episode, it looks like even Jana wears skinny jeans now, given the color, apparent fabric, and wrinkles at the knees though she still seems to be wearing a dress and a coat over them. They really have come a huge way from those frumpers if even an adult daughter still at home is technically wearing jeans despite covering them up. (Non-changed beliefs notwithstanding, it's still a difference from the skirts-only element.)

image.png.c8c70131d71f483425fc10c60159dc7b.png

image.png.40fb9ae79eb323fc8c9186fe6802e769.png

image.png.9e3f0a14cca2be22452fba42d1dcf21c.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I remember her wearing skinny jeans back in October at a party. To be honest, I think it’s a very weird look. I just don’t get that style at all.  

51524922-1CD1-41AA-B161-7C9734771C33.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I remember her wearing skinny jeans back in October at a party. To be honest, I think it’s a very weird look. I just don’t get that style at all.  

51524922-1CD1-41AA-B161-7C9734771C33.jpeg

Yeah, it’s strange. Jessa and Kendra look a lot more normal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 3/22/2019 at 11:37 AM, just_ordinary said:

Let’s just wait and see if people will protest and make the company drop Jana. My guess is not. Because she is a favourite to many and that makes me kind of sad for Jill. Jana has no more claims to shill beauty products than Jill for sport. 

Don’t get me wrong. I am all for letting them shill stuff because I don’t have to buy it. But what makes me really uncomfortable is how some sisters get a pass (and the bending some people do to explain why) while Jill gets beat down every time. It’s not as if Jana, Joy or Jessa are not totally in line to the crap Derick (not Jill) spills on the internet.

This is a really interesting topic to me.  On the one hand, I agree: people DO show favoritism to certain Duggars and allow some Duggars to get away with things that other Duggars are raked across the coals for.  Jill, in particular, has become many people's BEC, and it can be hard to separate what genuinely inappropriate from "Jill is tone deaf and awkward, and I don't like her" (I have that same issue myself with her sometimes, and thank you to @VelociRapture for being a continual dose of objectivity when it comes to Jill).  

However, I think we also need to recognize that the Duggar adults ARE individuals.  And as individuals, it is fair to evaluate them individually.  In addition, it is NOT fair to bind them to the crimes of their siblings (or their siblings' spouses).  While they may be privately in line with the beliefs of their siblings, they do make different choices, and they do deserve credit for those choices.  If you CHOOSE to keep your beliefs private, for example, you get more wiggle room than someone who blasts hateful rhetoric publicly at every opportunity. It's right and fair to hold people accountable to their words, but it's not right and is unfair to hold people just as accountable for things they never said or never publicly supported just because you believe they LIKELY do.  Derick and Jeremy have chosen to publicly say a lot of words. They (and in some cases by extension, their spouses) can be held accountable for those words.  Ben and JD (for example) really haven't made too many public professions about their beliefs (and there have been small signs Ben is more liberal than his BILs), so they still deserve the benefit of the doubt.  

So when it comes to this, I do believe Jill is more problematic than Jana because of Jill's marriage to Derick.  Jill chose and to some extent continually chooses to implicitly support Derick by keeping their marriage in tact.  Any money paid to Jill is essentially also paid to Derick, so if you have major issues with Derick, you also need to call for a boycott of Jill.  Otherwise, you allow companies to fund Derick's ambitions through Jill.  There's no real way around it, and while it sucks for Jill, that's part of being in a marriage: you get coupled with your spouse.  Jana is tied to a troubling family, but neither she nor anyone SHE has chosen to tie herself closely to have used their platform to say the kind of stuff Derick has.  While it is likely some of her money goes to JB/the family, it's not legally a shared asset like it is between spouses.  On that level, I think it's very fair to treat Jill and Jana differently because Jill (and Jill's spouse) have made certain personal choices that make them more reprehensible than Jana.  And even if Jana privately agrees with those choices, the fact that she has chosen to keep that agreement private is a choice as well and one that she deserves credit for.   

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 2/17/2019 at 10:33 PM, Melissa1977 said:

While I don't agree with circumscision out of medical reasons, by no means male.and female circumcision can be compared.

Male circumcision does not take sexual pleasure away. Female circumcision is exactly done to avoid women having pleasure. 

Male circumcision is a very little procedure. Female is a major one. It's not only the cut that makes the differences, it's the pain and the consequences for the physical and mental health.

Milions of women are circumcised and traumatized forever and their health put in danger. Milions of men are circumcised and it has no noticeable repercussions in their lives.

I'm sure people have responded and I realize this is old now but yes it absolutely does take away sexual pleasure. Not all but it desensitizes it quite a bit. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, Italiangirl said:

I want the poll now! This fundie kids are really obsess with their parents bedroom yuck!!

It's a strange and gross obsession. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 3

So what happened to Laura De Maisie? Did they force her to leave? If Jana is suddenly courting the timing will be suspicious to me. 

Like they're trying to stave off rumors. 

I have conflicted feelings about Jana. I think she is solidly indoctrinated and won't accept a life that doesn't toe the line. I think the spunk and spirit was beat out of her with plumbing line when she was small, based on various comments made about how she was so naughty in childhood and got in trouble so much, juxtaposed with how emotionless and flat she is. 

I do think she's been wistful about being married or at least able to join her married/dating siblings because she's still treated and viewed as a dependent child, no matter how much she runs that house. 

I agree with whoever said she's shy and had a lot of responsibility in the house hence it may have been harder for her to meet possible "suitors" or have them notice her. 

And of course her family relies on her so much they may not have encouraged her to get married. 

But even if she doesn't feel excited about marrying a man, she has got to feel lonely in a sense. Or infantilized. One wants their independence at a certain point. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I have to say, it's not the *most* consistently fundie-styled brand given some of their clothing. Lots of it's pretty modest, but then there are the bikinis.

How does this swimsuit even work? There's no way that wouldn't come off the shoulders if you tried to swim in it, but wouldn't you get weird enormous tan lines if you used it for sunbathing?

Those swimsuits are very cute. So much so, that I am considering placing an order.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Skinny jeans, or the skinny jeans with a dress look?

I still don't understand why these various Duggar gals are pushing CitrusandLemon over cousin Amy's store. She must be pissed.

[Personally, I like the Citrus and Lemon style better than Amy's. But I buy as much of my clothing used as possible, so it isn't an issue either way]

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Weird tan lines for sure. But the ruffled area is over a full one piece, though strapless, suit. It's easier to see in the black version. So the suit would stay in place though the arm pieces would drift down like sleeves. I'd slip them off my arms and let them hang if I were somehow made to wear it myself...

I have a suit pretty similar to that one and it would give weird tan lines but the ruffle can be put under your arms instead of being a sort of weird sleeve? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly. When the suit gets wet, that ruffle sleeve will stick to your arm, and it's possible (especially if it comes with detachable spaghetti straps like mine) to not have the ruffle on top of your arms. It's actually really flattering when wet or dry if you don't like attention drawn to your chest (in my opinion anyway).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

I have a suit pretty similar to that one and it would give weird tan lines but the ruffle can be put under your arms instead of being a sort of weird sleeve? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly. When the suit gets wet, that ruffle sleeve will stick to your arm, and it's possible (especially if it comes with detachable spaghetti straps like mine) to not have the ruffle on top of your arms. It's actually really flattering when wet or dry if you don't like attention drawn to your chest (in my opinion anyway).

Yes, that's what I meant by slipping them off my arms and letting them hang.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

We have reasons to assume some people affiliated with the Duggars read here so it’s a FreeJinger policy NOT to speculate about the sexual orientation of people discussed here, at least when it comes to those still living with their family in the cult. The reason behind this decision is a rather realistic fear that such a rumor reaches the person in question who then suffers mistreatment as a consequence. Possible results can be special labor camps the Duggars are known to have sent at least one of their offspring to, physical and emotional abuse, threats, “medical treatments agains homosexuality” and stigmatization. 

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Remove quoted content
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 3

Would like to delete this but it won’t let me?

Sorry for all the fuss ?

Edited by Fluffles
Inappropriate
  • Upvote 3

From the rules:

No speculation on the sexual orientation of minor children and kidults

Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children or adult children still living in their parental homes. These kids have no say in their lives being put out for public consumption and their lives are hard enough without their homophobic parents getting the idea from us that one of their children may be gay. Users who are unable to abide by this rule after warnings have been issued will be placed on a Journey to the Heart to consider their actions.

@Fluffles you're probably still within the time limit to go back and edit your posts to remove the speculation. :) 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

Fair point FluffySnowball. I'm not familiar with all the rules and regulations yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't people speculate about Josiah and David Wallers?

And people who speculated about Josiah, while living at home, were cited, per FJ policy.  David Waller is a different situation-- he is a headship, living away from his parents. 

• Upvote 11

Thanks to those who reported the post and reminded everyone of what the rules say. Please, as a personal favour, next time avoid quoting the rule breaking post so we have less clean up work ? thanks

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

Fair point FluffySnowball. I'm not familiar with all the rules and regulations yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't people speculate about Josiah and David Wallers?

Yes. I personally feel married adults who are outspoken against the lgbtq+ community are fair game so I don’t really mind the guesses about David the nutty pecan Waller who recently talked about men wearing makeup with an over the top shudder that made me wonder whether Priscilla really is the only one wearing lipstick in their household. (Also, there’s no one to beat him up and force him into a camp, should he actually be gay). However, regarding one Duggar child I won’t name here (it may or may not be the person you mentioned) it was speculated whether his/her stint in a fundy labour facility and apparent distance to Jim Boob might have been brought about by certain speculations (that may very well be untrue btw). 

12 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Thanks to those who reported the post and reminded everyone of what the rules say. Please, as a personal favour, next time avoid quoting the rule breaking post so we have less clean up work ? thanks

Oops. Sorry for quoting. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fluffles said:

Discussion of the rules belongs in Community Discussion.  

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • Thank You 3

How come David Waller could not be beat up and put to camp because he doesn't live at home? Josh went to Jesus camp. 

• Upvote 2

If they don't feel comfortable with just jeans, then at least do skinny jeans + a tunic type top or long sweater. At least it covers the butt and crotch if that's the concern, but doesn't look ludicrous like a dress going all the way down to the knees over jeans.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How come David Waller could not be beat up and put to camp because he doesn't live at home? Josh went to Jesus camp. 

Josh was living at home at the time because his life in DC had crashed and burned.  David appears to be fully independent of his parents. At this point the Duggar kidults all seem personally and probably financially enmeshed with their parents. Jinger and possibly Jill are the only exceptions. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic