IGNORED

Jana 8: Now with Instagram

Coconut Flan

I'm wondering why anyone thought Jana might be a humble, likeable person and/or less fundie than the rest. She's led loads of Journeys to the Hearts, is Michelle's disciplinarian/second-in-command, and has spent extensive time at iblp headquarters writing materials. We've long known that she manages the family mail and monitors internet usage. Come on, guys.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, this is Pickles's exact quote:

lmao. Classic Pickles! 'Something may or may not happen. If it does, I will gloat about it. If it doesn't, we will pretend I never said anything.' Let's be real, how could a courtship announcement from any Duggar over the age of 18 surprise anyone?

I love how she's pretending she invented this Jana spec when literally everyone else started speculating this when she got an instagram account. Pickles is pathetic. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

About time the Duggars made it up here to DC to visit the Museum of the Bible. What took them so long?

• Upvote 6

On 3/11/2019 at 10:33 PM, 16strong said:

I'm wondering why anyone thought Jana might be a humble, likeable person and/or less fundie than the rest. She's led loads of Journeys to the Hearts, is Michelle's disciplinarian/second-in-command, and has spent extensive time at iblp headquarters writing materials. We've long known that she manages the family mail and monitors internet usage. Come on, guys.

I'm assuming most people just hoped because she hadn't publically said a lot to show who she really is. Honestly I expect all of them to at least publically agree with the family unless the show ends.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Jana's doing a paid partnership with Function of Beauty. They're spendy as hell and it forever amuses me how they always talk about how they thrift, yet they accept money from these expensive companies.

I lose respect for every brand that partners with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Late, but I wonder why TLC will not feature Jana's "parent's room make over" on the show. I am not a fan of it, preferring the before look with just a little more polish. The master bath's after was significantly better than the bedroom, though. Now that Laura is gone, it will be interesting to see who was the true creative force behind these planning/decor projects. 

Jana is a shark in a puddle. I know it is asinine to talk this way, but she would serve best to be sent out in the world to develop her talents amongst people who are not programmed to say "Omg! How nice. I love it!" She seems quite the perfectionist. I can see her working hard to improve any skills she has.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I'm assuming most people just hoped because she hadn't publically said a lot to show who she really is. Honestly I expect all of them to at least publically agree with the family unless the show ends.

Agree. Double living is not at all uncommon for 2nd gens from cultish groups, anyhow. I think as long as they are making money off their "wholesome" brand, they will stick to script.  It always amazes me how we the masses believe the social facades people put on until scandal breaks. Humans gonna human. No way all these adult kids are following their parents belief system completely or even majorly. But they sure know how to put on a good show because they were raised to do just that. I strongly suspect this doubleness from the Bates. Something is off in that camp. Difficult to tell with the Duggars, though. But probability says...

• Upvote 6

I know originally part of the aim of Counting On seemed to be to focus on the Duggar children, particularly the oldest girls. It's basically morphed into 19KAC 2.0 now but originally I think they were trying to avoid heavily featuring JB and Michelle and, of course, Josh. JB and Michelle have creeped back into the show but I still feel like they have a more distant role than they did on the old show. Maybe redecorating the parents' bedroom was too much JB and M? 

Or it could just be that the kids redid the room during a time that was not covered by the TLC crew's schedule.

Jana has been more heavily featured recently and it was interesting to watch her and all the others trying to cobble together this silly wedding dress pop up shop in the shed. Jana seems to have no problem commanding out orders in these situations, which is a little different from the sort of shy, meek persona a lot of us have inferred based on her edit on the shows previously. It kind of makes sense, given her status as oldest daughter. 

Also, LOL at whichever Duggar boy (Jed?) openly mocked Ben for putting his two cents in on how to hang the mirror in this video. Starts about 20 seconds in.

Spoiler

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jana's doing a paid partnership with Function of Beauty. They're spendy as hell and it forever amuses me how they always talk about how they thrift, yet they accept money from these expensive companies.

I guess now we know Jana got an insta to get in on that cool sponsorship cash. I wonder if she gets to keep it or if she has to fork it over to JB---if he gets a cut that might explain his willingness to let Jana have her own account (which I'm sure is still supervised by the parents). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Also, LOL at whichever Duggar boy (Jed?) openly mocked Ben for putting his two cents in on how to hang the mirror in this video. Starts about 20 seconds in.

I took this actually as wanting to help Ben to get in charge but the others were not listening.

But I like your interpretation much better ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Your explanation makes sense. Damn! Was hoping for a little peek at Duggar drama instead of them all pretending to get along 100 percent of the time!

@lumpentheologie, yeah there's no way I believe Jana would have her own checking account. JB would either put her on the family account or give her a checking account with his name on it also. The fact that this is happening to an almost 30 year old woman is staggering. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I’m 36 years old, and my mom is named on my bank accounts... but that was my decision, and she has her online profile set so she doesn’t see my accounts by default. I’m also on her bank accounts with the same “blind” settings. We set this up as a mutual agreement since we were both single and both felt better knowing the other could access things if needed (she has since remarried, but kept me on the accounts). I cannot imagine my mom ever holding the purse strings for money I earned - even as a teenager, she helped me open a checking account then left me alone to manage it (before debit cards were widespread, so I wrote paper check so and noted debits/credits in the little book)

• Upvote 10

On 3/12/2019 at 12:09 AM, singsingsing said:

(Note: in the interest of fairness, Pickles does occasionally report information that turns out to be true. She's a real character, and she's not at all reliable, but she does now and then get fed accurate information by people who are actually in the know. So... ?‍♀️)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!  But if I was in the fundy circles, I'd be so tempted to troll her, occasionally dropping her something harmlessly correct, that wasn't controversial, so she'd come back begging me for more.  Actually, I wonder how many of her sources are straight-up trolls pretending to be fundies.... and those stopped clocks are right twice a day too!

• Upvote 5

On 3/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

All right their choice of spokespeople may be lacking, but I actually love Function of Beauty's products. I like that they're sulfate/paraben free, and while they may be expensive, I only wash my hair once a week, so one 16oz bottle of shampoo and an 8oz bottle of conditioner lasts me a whole year. And it works better than anything else I've tried (and trust me, I have tried a LOT) for my hair and needs.

While I do think that partnering with a Duggar is always questionable on the company's part, I am glad that Jana is promoting something that 1. Actually works (in my experience), and 2. Isn't some weight-loss tea (read:laxative) that scams people who are self-conscious about their bodies. Like Joy, all the Kardashians, and "influencers" and whatnot. I dunno, the fewer scams like that on instagram, the better.

• Upvote 5

I'd give Function of Beauty more props if they learned to formulate their conditioners without silicones. lol

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I have had my own bank account since I was 14 and my parents had no access to my account, the account was a child's account that you could only withdraw £50 per day and needed a parents permission to withdraw more but they couldn't just check my account without my permission. I barely used it until I got my first job at 17. Jana and all the other adult Duggar's should have their own accounts without Jim Bob and Michelle being able to access it, I understand having other people accessing accounts when it comes to vulnerable adults but not as a method of control.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Yeah I was on a child’s account until I was 16 then we moved it over to a regular account so I wouldn’t need parental on to withdraw money.

I'm 25 and still have the subsidiary account under my dad's bank account that I got when I was 16. It's under my SS number, but he *could* withdraw or give me money on a whim, as well as check the balance at any time. I just never got a separate one, as his comes with a ton of perks that I wouldn't get, like free withdrawals, a personal banker, etc. However, my dad is not Jimboob and he doesn't ever mention the balance or take money from me. Back when I was 19 or something he'd sometimes comment "oh you're eating out a lot" or something like that, but all in good faith to get me to have better spending habits.

My savings account and credit cards are not accessible to him -- I created those at age 23. 

When I get married in a few months I will be getting my own checking account and closing the one attached to my dad, as well as a joint checking with my husband. 

• Upvote 5

I am on my 25 year old son's account. I really have nothing to do with it, just when he opened it I was on it. I am on my parent's checking account. I was added when my mom took ill with dementia and I had to start paying the bills. It was easier than my dad signing checks (he had no clue how to write a check, my mom paid all the bills). Now with him gone, I'm still on the account and write checks for her care. 

• Love 7

My mom is on my checking acct. Forgot to remove her from it when I turned 18 even though she mentioned it multiple times. The perk is that sometimes I get a text "Belugaloo you only had 7 dollars in your checking acct! I transferred 50 to you, maybe stop going to Sheetz every morning!" 

LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

I’d be pretty surprised if Jana (and all the over 18s at home) doesn’t have her own accounts, even if her parents have access to them (which, if they do, I’m sure she has given willingly bc as we can see clearly from her Instagram posts and comments she is On Board with the system). Mostly bc they bought a property (tattoo parlor) in her name. I’d think she would need some sort of banking history to make that purchase? 

• Upvote 5

My husband and his dad share accounts and we're in our 30's. I think it started as an easy way to transfer money back and forth and we have just never changed things. We also share a phone bill (my dad's on the plan too, haha) to save money. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Mostly bc they bought a property (tattoo parlor) in her name. I’d think she would need some sort of banking history to make that purchase? 

Not necessarily. If the money came from the Duggar Trust or similar entity then it wouldn’t matter if Jana had her own account. If you pay cash for a property and you’re not taking on a mortgage then you can put whatever name on the title you want, regardless of who paid. 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
  • Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic