IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 4: Please Leave the Catholics Alone and Now Gestating

Coconut Flan

Josie would be between 16+0 days (conceived around 7 Nov) and 20+2 days (conceived around 8 Oct). I suppose technically they could have conceived as a result of wedding night sweet fellowship. 

And my goodness, the grammar is awful! 

Edited by SorenaJ

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My opinion is that Josie and Kelton could rent a bigger place with an extra room for her to still be a hair stylist from home. When I was a kid, I went to a lady that had a salon out of her home. She could also do the hair for weddings. You have to travel to the wedding party but you could make decent money in one day depending on the size of the wedding party. 

It's hard to get a business license to do that out of a rented apartment. Zoning laws and codes are not favorable to it, nor are apartment companies that would balk at the idea of customers coming in and using their parking lot without the company making a dime off of it. Yes, she could do that on the down low, but these people are not good at secrets. Someone would tweet or instagram and UP would film something that would get them caught. 

Everyone has an anecdote of someone who did something against a zoning code. The problem is that these anecdotes didn't happen with cameras around. Additionally, there are people who would watch for such a thing to report her in a heartbeat. If not someone who really doesn't like the family, a neighbor who couldn't get a parking spot or could smell the chemicals through the thin walls. 

• Upvote 12

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really hope she doesn't use the siblings who still live at home. If we are honest, Kelly isn't probably watching the kids when they are dropped off and the ones at home who can babysit are already parenting their siblings and don't need another kid added to their work load. 

If she wants to work I really hope she doesn't feel pressured to give it up. 

I was going to say childcare, but we know that's not going to happen. It is possible she could rent a booth someplace that is lax with things like babies and children on site (not safe or legally permitted so that is an issue). Or she could make an arrangement with Whitney to switch off duties. But that is going to require an ambition that I don't know if she has in life. I had hoped she did, but that's looking like a far stretch.

What Josie is pregnant? What the hell? I thought that she was totally using birth control, natural family planning, the jeans inspired her! /s

Another pregnant fundie, must be a Thursday! 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It's hard to get a business license to do that out of a rented apartment. Zoning laws and codes are not favorable to it, nor are apartment companies that would balk at the idea of customers coming in and using their parking lot without the company making a dime off of it. Yes, she could do that on the down low, but these people are not good at secrets. Someone would tweet or instagram and UP would film something that would get them caught. 

Everyone has an anecdote of someone who did something against a zoning code. The problem is that these anecdotes didn't happen with cameras around. Additionally, there are people who would watch for such a thing to report her in a heartbeat. If not someone who really doesn't like the family, a neighbor who couldn't get a parking spot or could smell the chemicals through the thin walls. 

Could she do it if she rented a small house?

• Upvote 1

Well, Kelton was grabbing Josie's butt in the wedding photos, so it's not really a surprise with her getting pregnant on the honeymoon! ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

Don’t worry, it’s not fleeting if you just keep replacing them with a new baby to cuddle. 

Lets be realistic guys, unless she stops after a couple, she was never going to keep working in any great capacity. 

True. Why rush back to work with your first, if you are going to be pregnant again in 10 months?

I like Josie and I think she got cheated a bit -- rushing off to marriage at 19. I'd like to see her stay home and enjoy baby #1 before she is overwhelmed by babies. It's a lot easier to enjoy the first when there aren't a crew of demanding toddlers around. 

She's already lost a lot (her carefree youth, basically). I hate to see her lose this, too. One baby is so much easier than three. Have fun with her/him, Josie!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I zoomed into the pics and I read she was 9 weeks 0 days on dec 26, so....I am very sleep deprived...someone do the math for me, please hehe...but wouldn't that make her due later than July?

On 2/13/2019 at 9:00 AM, HereticHick said:

Is it a multi-course sit down dinner, or a buffet? Are there gluten-free options?

Oh, You know it's severely doled out animal crackers, meatless burritos, and no Pepsi.  Never any Pepsi.

I'll stay home.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

True. Why rush back to work with your first, if you are going to be pregnant again in 10 months?

I like Josie and I think she got cheated a bit -- rushing off to marriage at 19. I'd like to see her stay home and enjoy baby #1 before she is overwhelmed by babies. It's a lot easier to enjoy the first when there aren't a crew of demanding toddlers around. 

She's already lost a lot (her carefree youth, basically). I hate to see her lose this, too. One baby is so much easier than three. Have fun with her/him, Josie!

I have a feeling she will be just like Alyssa. Married at 19, wanting to work, but then having three small kids in a row making those plans difficult. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, seasonsoflife said:

I zoomed into the pics and I read she was 9 weeks 0 days on dec 26, so....I am very sleep deprived...someone do the math for me, please hehe...but wouldn't that make her due later than July?

16 weeks 1 day today, so due date of 31st July?

(It is 40 weeks of pregnancy, right? My knowledge of this is appalling.)

Edited by victoriasponge
  • Upvote 10

I might have my dates mixed up, but I think we found out in November that my stepson and his wife were expecting. They told us the first week or two they knew and she is due in July.  Late July for Josie seems plausible.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Where on the pics do you see the gestational age? I can only see the date just above the mini-picture and slightly to the left, but where does it say that she is 9 weeks pregnant? 

And that's confirmed then, a 31 July due date. Hope Baby Balka is born on their due date, so they'll share birthday with a famous wizard.  

Can we do name guesses and birth date guesses here? My guess is: A girl, called Harper Kristy Balka born 3 August, weighing 7 lbs and 15 oz.  For a boy I guess Emmett Dotson Balka. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Where on the pics do you see the gestational age? I can only see the date just above the mini-picture and slightly to the left, but where does it say that she is 9 weeks pregnant? 

And that's confirmed then, a 31 July due date. Hope Baby Balka is born on their due date, so they'll share birthday with a famous wizard.  

Can we do name guesses and birth date guesses here? My guess is: A girl, called Harper Kristy Balka born 3 August, weighing 7 lbs and 15 oz.  For a boy I guess Emmett Dotson Balka. 

I can’t get a clear upclose view of the writing. I do remember that most of the sonograms from my second pregnancy had the gestational age printed on it towards the top though. Based only off the actual image of the baby on the sonogram, I’d say 9 or 10 weeks would be a decent guess for how far along she was when she it was taken. 

• I Agree 2

Put the name guesses here! The Bates threads seem to be less fast moving then the Duggar’s, so it should be ok!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone recall on IG Josie posting or sharing her story "ranting" about people assuming she would get pregnant right away.  She seemed upset about it, so I thought for sure she would wait awhile.  Now, I'm wondering if she was already pregnant then.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I noticed last night on the wedding episode there was zero discussion about the "first kiss" and saving it for marriage. They've made a big deal about it in other wedding episodes although I can't remember which couples.

I'm guessing they didn't save the magical first kiss for the wedding day.

9 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

I noticed last night on the wedding episode there was zero discussion about the "first kiss" and saving it for marriage. They've made a big deal about it in other wedding episodes although I can't remember which couples.

So it's kind of fallen out of fashion to brag about how you're saving your first kiss for marriage, but most of them still seem to be. The same speculation has popped up for other Duggar and Bates couples and we almost always find out at some point down the line that, no, they didn't kiss before marriage. I think the only couple who admitted to it was Zach and Whitney and they regretted it. 

19 minutes ago, FAITHFULLY WATCHING said:

Does anyone recall on IG Josie posting or sharing her story "ranting" about people assuming she would get pregnant right away.  She seemed upset about it, so I thought for sure she would wait awhile.  Now, I'm wondering if she was already pregnant then.

These folks tend to get super uptight about anyone daring to ask them questions or make assumptions based on their apparent religion/beliefs/lifestyle (i.e. the only reason they're Z-list celebrities). I think it's part of wanting to appear as cool, fun, and normal as possible. But they're still fundies.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I think the name will by super tryndy and maybe alliterative.

Breckyn Balka

Braelyn Balka

Bailee Balka

Brighton Balka

Bosnia and Herzegovina Balka [just kidding]

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Could she do it if she rented a small house?

Not without a lot of luck. She wouldn't be able to put out signage without conforming to guidelines. With it being rented it would be hard to find a landlord allowing her to change the setup and layout of the house to meet sanitation requirements. Say it's a three bedroom house with one or two bathrooms. Will a landlord let you turn one bedroom into a salon set up with a sink? What about parking? Will customers park in the street? Will they park in the yard and tear it up? Will there be room in the driveway? What about extra garbage from the salon? If she is in a city with removal fees, she could have an issue that then becomes the landlord's issue. Is the electrical up to code to run both a house and a business? I will not rent to people running a home businesses where clients or customers must come in for service. Never. I don't want the headaches. 

Again, it all comes back to neighbors...will people complain about extra people parking at all hours? Will they complain about a sign in the yard if her landlord allows one to be built or placed? If she messed up someone's hair would they go after her license and operating license? Those are all risks. If she was in a commercially zoned area, there is less of an issue because neighbors and others have different expectations in that area. 

Just the insurance alone is an issue. It's just cutting or styling hair so that shouldn't be too big of an issue right? Well let's say she cuts a guy's hair at 10 a.m. In doing so he sneezed and her hand slipped, nicking his ear. It's a minor cut and she wipes it up no problem. But she has a 10:30 and didn't have time to sanitize her scissors. She cuts this person's hair and they have an open scratch on their scalp. She's now got an infection issue and an unhappy customer. That screams lawsuit. At a salon owned by someone else, they handle insurance for liabilities like this. Add in that the homeowner would have the insurance and Kelton Josie would have renters insurance, who is liable if a customer falls in the driveway? What about ADA requirements for businesses?

Not to say Josie is that way, but she comes from a family that doesn't have as high of a regard for their impact on others. It would be easiest for her to simply rent a booth at a salon, make her own hours, etc. She'd have to market herself, but not anywhere the level she would have to do to keep up with the expenses. She could do that where she goes to others' homes and cuts/styles hair. But many of those people also are a bit iffy with their licensure and insurance so it isn't the best bet. I doubt she would want to go to all that trouble when her priority will be babies and hubby. 

She's still better off than some of her sisters. If something happened to Kelton, she had prospects for a job that pays well. Can't say the same for all the girls. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

58 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

It's like I read on Facebook-it isn't that first kiss that determines a relationship, but the first fart let out that signifies how serious that relationship is, lol.

I'm clearly channeling a preteen boy here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

The Bates kids have poor speaking skills. Last night's episode was full of word usage errors, sentence structure mistakes, and poor grammar. Lawson said ain't, Ellie or Addalee said a really mixed, up weird sentence, and Josie/Kelton say definitely every other word.

I realize that Gil and Kelly have 19 kids, but they are college educated and should do better. Ignoring your offspring all these years combined with a lousy home school education have resulted in children and adults who are not able to express themselves. Their writing is awful too as evidenced by various posts on Instagram.

Edited by wandering woman
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic