IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 4: Please Leave the Catholics Alone and Now Gestating

Coconut Flan

I hope their kid doesn't end up preferring nonbinary pronouns, because Josie+Kelton are struggling enough trying to figure out "him" and "her"!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

I was a little suspicious when she made the "we're so thankful" insta post last month! Maybe that was their first ultrasound? 11-12 week?

For some reason I'd thought they got married in August, but wow October was super recent. I was really crossing my fingers for these two , more than the other Bateseseses, to make it a year before birth #1.....lol. oh, well.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

I think now that she’s pregnant, it’ll be really interesting to see how she handles the work situation. Will she continue working while pregnant? Take maternity leave? Give up completely? 

If im correct, this is the first time a pregnant Bates daughter has had an actual job that wasn’t a work from home/tutoring type set up. So this is all new territory and it will be interesting to see how it plays out 

I hope she keeps her job, as by all accounts she seems to enjoy it and the extra money would mean a much more comfortable and secure life for them. Not to mention they’d be in a good position for savings if they are both working and with only 1 child, which means long term, since they are both so young, a good chunk of savings by the time they’re even 30. 

But hey, this is a Bates so rufus knows what’ll happen 

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I was a little suspicious when she made the "we're so thankful" insta post last month! Maybe that was their first ultrasound? 11-12 week?

For some reason I'd thought they got married in August, but wow October was super recent. I was really crossing my fingers for these two , more than the other Bateseseses, to make it a year before birth #1.....lol. oh, well.

She wanted a fall wedding with the leaves and all that. Trouble was that everyone in that part of Tennessee wants a fall wedding. So she found a location only to have it early in October when the leaves hadn't even changed yet really. 

I had hopes they would hold off a while, but I knew better. I'm trying not to think how much fun my life was at 19/20 and how she should be having that too. 

3 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I think now that she’s pregnant, it’ll be really interesting to see how she handles the work situation. Will she continue working while pregnant? Take maternity leave? Give up completely? 

If im correct, this is the first time a pregnant Bates daughter has had an actual job that wasn’t a work from home/tutoring type set up. So this is all new territory and it will be interesting to see how it plays out 

I hope she keeps her job, as by all accounts she seems to enjoy it and the extra money would mean a much more comfortable and secure life for them. Not to mention they’d be in a good position for savings if they are both working and with only 1 child, which means long term, since they are both so young, a good chunk of savings by the time they’re even 30. 

But hey, this is a Bates so rufus knows what’ll happen 

I hope that because she and Whitney are so close that she sees Whitney as an example for this and uses her mother/siblings as a baby sitter and at least works part-time. It's probably too much to ask.

• Upvote 7

She might follow Erin’s example and work from home. I don’t know how common it is in the US but here we have home-hairdresses who will come to your house and cut your hair while you just sit at your kitchen table. If you can do that at other people’s houses, why not at your own home.

I have the feeling Josie actually really likes her job so if she could keep on doing something I see her working part time in some way.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

uses her mother/siblings as a baby sitter

I really hope she doesn't use the siblings who still live at home. If we are honest, Kelly isn't probably watching the kids when they are dropped off and the ones at home who can babysit are already parenting their siblings and don't need another kid added to their work load. 

If she wants to work I really hope she doesn't feel pressured to give it up. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I would be surprised if Josie goes back to work anytime soon after having the baby. Maybe part-time in a couple of years if they for some reason end up having a longer gap between #1 and #2, but I doubt it. She might do some work for weddings and things like that, but I don’t think she will work in a salon.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

She might follow Erin’s example and work from home. I don’t know how common it is in the US but here we have home-hairdresses who will come to your house and cut your hair while you just sit at your kitchen table. If you can do that at other people’s houses, why not at your own home.

I have the feeling Josie actually really likes her job so if she could keep on doing something I see her working part time in some way.

Has Erin actually continued doing that? It seems like with each new blessing she's slowly ditched that.

Also, didn't Tori do some teaching for a minute? And Alyssa was at a florist shop and technically still does some cleaning work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josie cut down or even quit her job the second morning sickness got bad. It can really be debilitating, especially if your job involves standing on your feet. If she hasn't already quit, I predict she will by the third trimester.

1 hour ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Don't forget Alyssa with the cleaning company, which by all accounts she still does. Unless her new job as an Instagram influencer has replaced that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Josie is only 19 and, by all indications, very fertile. I think we can safely assume they will have more kids, possibly up to six or seven by the time Josie is 30. 

But I hear you on the savings thing. If these couples keep following the trend lines we've seen, once the UP! money (which I doubt is all that much) is gone, it will be interesting to see how they manage things. 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Kailash said:

I see where she mentioned that Josie looked different. Is that code for pregnant now?

I mean i thought at the time she was hinting at pregnancy, but maybe it was how i interpreted it and it was not what she meant. I also thought she looked diferent (after she pointed it out), like washed out, and that makes sense since she was sufering from nausea and morning sickness. But because pregnancy speculation is sometimes criticized i didnt say anything, i was hoping i was wrong and she was just under the weather!

• Upvote 5

Would it be safe for Josie to work around the chemicals in a salon while pregnant?

I'd expect them to somehow use Kelton's mom's name if they have a daughter.

• Upvote 1

I’d be extremely surprised if Josie was working past 20 weeks. She will just be so busy getting ready for the baby. I can see her cutting her siblings/children hair, maybe doing everyone hair for family weddings. Maybe 1-2 a year she will do a wedding for a non family member. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I mean i thought at the time she was hinting at pregnancy, but maybe it was how i interpreted it and it was not what she meant. I also thought she looked diferent (after she pointed it out), like washed out, and that makes sense since she was sufering from nausea and morning sickness. But because pregnancy speculation is sometimes criticized i didnt say anything, i was hoping i was wrong and she was just under the weather!

Pregnancy aside, she has been wearing less eyeliner lately. That could be part of it.

• Upvote 4

LOL at Kelton's post about the "unexpected blessing." Unprotected sex with your teenage bride. OMG so surprised. So unexpected. 

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Unless these fundie couples are having no sex, none of these babies should ever be called “unexpected”. Jeesh people. If you are having unprotected sex, on demand, you are likely going to wind up pregnant. ?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

"Unexpected" probably wasn't the best choice of words.  Maybe they meant that they thought it would take longer than two seconds to become pregnant or didn't know when Jesus would choose to open Josie's womb?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1/1

I’m calling Josie. Her recent pictures look peaked, but then the Xmas shot was glowing and she had a loose dress. I never ever get a vibe. This once I have.

I said that in a Duggar thread. Was wrong on my Duggar guess, although I still have thoughts on Abbie.

But, I never do pregnancy spec and I got one! I’m not thrilled but still. Taking it.

? 

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

It's her first baby. She probably doesn't make a lot of money to begin with. I hope she spends some time with her baby and has some fun with him/her.

She can go back to work when the kid is 3. That time with a newborn is so fleeting. Kelton has steady job, so they're not going to starve.

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

She might follow Erin’s example and work from home.

I don't think Erin is working from home. How? With three toddlers? There's no way she could give piano lessons or begin to concentrate.

I think she used to work from home. Before kids. Now I think she redecorates her house.

13 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

either way she got pregnant IMMEDIATELY Aftet the wedding, October or early November.

Or before?

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 7

13 minutes ago, Hisey said:

She can go back to work when the kid is 3. That time with a newborn is so fleeting.

Don’t worry, it’s not fleeting if you just keep replacing them with a new baby to cuddle. 

Lets be realistic guys, unless she stops after a couple, she was never going to keep working in any great capacity. 

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Hisey said:

It's her first baby. She probably doesn't make a lot of money to begin with. I hope she spends some time with her baby and has some fun with him/her.

She can go back to work when the kid is 3. That time with a newborn is so fleeting. Kelton has steady job, so they're not going to starve.

With that argument, if she has similar spacing between kids as her siblings, then there will always be a child below that 3 year old so she may not be in that position until she’s 30+. 

It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t make much money, it’s still extra money to put away to secure themselves when the UP money runs dry. 

I wasn’t implying they were going to starve. My point was, if both continue to work, they will be in a much better position than most of the Bates kids in years to come with a much more comfortable life 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Must you be such a troll? 

Apparently yes.

Not to mention that there’s no way they could have conceived prior to their wedding with a July due date. The earliest possible date she could have conceived the pregnancy is October 8th - three days after their wedding - which would give a due date of July 1st. 

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 6

Josie may take some time off and then go back to work. Of course that will be hard if she has 5 or 6 kids under the age of 7. She sees Whitney, her role model, working and bringing up kids, and Josie seems to enjoy her job.

My opinion is that Josie and Kelton could rent a bigger place with an extra room for her to still be a hair stylist from home. When I was a kid, I went to a lady that had a salon out of her home. She could also do the hair for weddings. You have to travel to the wedding party but you could make decent money in one day depending on the size of the wedding party. 

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic