IGNORED

JinJer 47: Sparking J-O-Y

Georgiana

13 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Jeremy wants to be seen as hip modern Christian Fundamentalist and only homeschooling his girls would look very backward and scandalous. I think all his kids will go to ultra conservative private Christian schools after first being taught by Jinger for the first few years. 

I get the feeling Jeremy would be proud about his kids being smart and well educated. He has the ego and confidence to not be scared that they’ll end up smarter then him (unlike JB). I think four well behaved children in school uniform and a pretty wife that has the time to travel with him and help him doing his godly work is exactly what he wants. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, AtlanticTug said:

They will have a "respectable" number of children for a wannabe Hollywood pastor. Meaning 4-5. They will all go to some Christian school probably because Jeremy realizes that Jinger isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and because it will look good to have them attending something semi-prestigious yet conservative. This will be justified to her family (and the viewers if there are any left) by saying that as the wife of such a wildly successful pastor, she has many daily responsibilities which preclude her from having enough time to teach the children. There will be millions of photos of the kids in school uniforms with Jeremy in them, because Jeremy.

From the currently married couples I really don't get the sense any of them will have a huge family except possibly Kendra/Joe who both seem so dim that I don't think they have the proper self-awareness to ask when to stop. Jill has already shown long spacing between kids and we don't even know her medical status. Jessa and Anna could end up with 8-9 maybe. Lauren and Josiah won't have enough sex for lots of kids, Abbie and JD are already somewhat constrained by age, Joy seems more interested in walking around manure and driving forklifts. Did I miss anyone?

Agree except I would put joy in that possibility of double digits category. She and Austin seem to be very with the whole program. I don’t see her ever wearing pants, letting her babies dance, using nfp or generally experimenting with any cosmetic differences from her parents’ lifestyle. The only thing that I could see slowing her down is her own ignorance - if she doesn’t get proper medical care during her next pregnancy that c section for Gideon could really slow her down. With proper hospital care she could reasonably get herself back on track with a vbac, a la Fertility Superwoman Alyssa campana. 

Joe and Kendra had their 1st baby in a hospital, and it ended up being a relatively smooth and umcoplicated delivery. Ironically Joy's insistence on having natural, godly homebirths may end up limiting her quiver size if there continue to be complications. This is one area where I want Austin to assert his headship and insist on a hospital birth if that's what's doctor recommended. 

I'm still hoping Joy will make it to 18 months before conceiving the next blessing.  Only 5 months left to go!

(Unless she's pregnant already, clearly)

Jinger and Jeremy are moving to LA, for him to finish his seminary. 

As much as I’m excited for them to move to a pretty secular place, The most likely scenario is that they’ll be interacting mostly with people from the seminary and will try to prosthelytize everyone else. 

https://people.com/tv/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-moving-los-angeles/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

27 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jinger and Jeremy are moving to LA, for him to finish his seminary. 

As much as I’m excited for them to move to a pretty secular place, The most likely scenario is that they’ll be interacting mostly with people from the seminary and will try to prosthelytize everyone else. 

https://people.com/tv/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-moving-los-angeles/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Gee who didn't see this coming? 

I wonder how they will support themselves while he is in seminary in LA. I know they get money from appearing on TV, but LA is very expensive. Then again, Jeremy didn't seem to work much during their time in Laredo. They were constantly on the road, and I can't imagine how he held down a job when he was out of town much of the time.

7 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I wonder how they will support themselves while he is in seminary in LA. I know they get money from appearing on TV, but LA is very expensive. Then again, Jeremy didn't seem to work much during their time in Laredo. They were constantly on the road, and I can't imagine how he held down a job when he was out of town much of the time.

Same way other married college people do - jobs and loans.  Oh - wait - she isn't allowed to work and he promised JB he wouldn't go in debt for anything in the pre marital grilling.   Never mind....  

I hope they take the cat that they've taken in and don't just leave him behind after he's grown dependent on them.

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

Surprise surprise!

What was even the point of buying and renovating that house?

Maybe they will rent it out? Perhaps whoever will fill in for Jeremy at his little church plant will move in & pay a small rent.  I'd love to know how large a down payment they put on that house.

Yes. we can expect all the Duggars treking to LA to visit. 

Jeremy was so obviously never serious about his congregation in Laredo.  It was just a placeholder until he managed to snake his way up the church hierarchy.  Which he's now able to do because of the massive following he got from marrying Jinger. 

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Surprise surprise!

What was even the point of buying and renovating that house?

As a military family (we've moved cross country four times in our less than five years of marriage), we have bought three houses now that we fix up while living in and then rent them out when we move away! It is a bit odd if they aren't going to do that because selling *usually* isn't as good of an investment, but that really depends on the local market and what renovations were done. 

2 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Wonder if LA will blow up in Jeremy’s face the way DC did for Joshley Madison. 

Apples and oranges. Josh was living away from Tontitown and his family for the first time.

Jeremy has already attended a secular university and played professional sports both in the US and abroad.

Another couple that will be living off the show, or JB’s slush fund that he partially made off the backs of his children.

Im betting Jessa is jellus!

Wonder if the school provides some sort of housing, like the Dillards were living in? LA prices will knock the Vuolos’ socks right off their feet.

Just now, SassyPants said:

Another couple that will be living off the show, or JB’s slush fund that he partially made off the backs of his children.

Im betting Jessa is jellus!

Wonder if the school provides some sort of housing, like the Dillards were living in? LA prices will knock the Vuolos’ socks right off their feet.

I'm waiting for Benessa to move to Laredo and take over Jeremy's church and JinJer's house while they're away.

2 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Wonder if LA will blow up in Jeremy’s face the way DC did for Joshley Madison. 

I doubt it.  I think Jeremy is probably much happier in his marriage than Josh.  Jeremy had time to grow up, see the world, get drunk, kiss other girls, decide he wanted to settle down, and find the perfect famous submissive girl he could shape into his dream wife.  Josh never got to explore anything, was pushed towards very early marriage because of his "sexual issues" and realized too late that he's not all that into Anna and their life together. (Please don't take this to mean I feel bad for him.) 

I also think if Jeremy were to do anything illicit he'd be pretty good at hiding it---Josh isn't even in the same universe as him in terms of cultivating a public image. 

Who knows, though, these male evangelicals tend to eventually let power go to their heads and think God will just bless whatever it is they want to do. 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I'm waiting for Benessa to move to Laredo and take over Jeremy's church and JinJer's house while they're away.

Ah, that’s a great point! Recently Jessa did make a comment that implied that Ben was still in school, and the last school/program mentioned was Moody, right? The Seewalds have mentioned so many schools and paths it’s hard to remember-

I can't see Jessa moving away from the TTH. She seems to spend a huge part of her time there and especially with another baby coming I think she will want to keep the extra hell* from family raising her kids.

*autocorrect, but i have to keep it.

I live in LA and just looked up the area where Grace Community Church is... while it's not going to be Laredo prices, it's really on the outskirts of LA and relatively cheap compared to living a few miles south in southern San Fernando Valley, which is considerably cheaper than living a few more miles south across the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles proper. It's also a pretty isolated area... I don't know anyone who lives that far north (unless you count people who live much farther north in Santa Clarita... and I say that as someone who lives in the Valley only a couple miles south of where I predict they will be!) and my impression of the area is that it's mostly immigrants (they'll still get to put the five Spanish words they know to use!), and apparently, conservative Christians who don't want to risk being influenced by the city folk. 

I was hoping they would end up in an area that would challenge their beliefs a bit more, but it looks like they'll be able to remain quite isolated. 

1 minute ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I can't see Jessa moving away from the TTH. She seems to spend a huge part of her time there and especially with another baby coming I think she will want to keep the extra hell* from family raising her kids.

*autocorrect, but i have to keep it.

I agree.  I think Jessa is very head strong and comfortable in her small NWA bubble.  But, she seems really uncomfortable outside of her fundie, IBLP, ATI circles.  Remember how uncomfortable she was interacting with people during her engagement scavenger hunt, and at Flame's recording studio?  I could see it being an issue between she and Ben if he is given the opportunity to pastor somewhere outside of her comfort zone (when and if he ever finishes his mystery schooling).

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived