IGNORED

JinJer 47: Sparking J-O-Y

Georgiana

Fundie or not  Only a handful of families will even have near that number anyhow. Say 8 strung out over several years is more realistic for the Vuolos.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Most people which don’t use contraception still don’t end up with that many children. Even to ones who try to get pregnant. Kelly and Michelle are special in that regard. 

In fact, I don’t see any Duggar or Bates kid with more than 10 blessings. I even doubt anyone is hitting double digits. Doesn’t mean they don’t buy into the quiverfull crap. Just that nature..... errrrr God didn’t bless them more often.

Jeremy and Jinger might make it to six if he really hits on out of the park with a big congregation and speaking engagements. But I also think that children and their noise might be a big nuisance to him.

I really dont believe they'll use contraception, but I do think that with Jinger knowing how to track her cycles that they'll likely have fewer kids. I definitely don't see her being like Michelle and tracking to try to get pregnant as often as possible, and as @just_ordinary said, most people dont hit double digits of kids by just not using contraception. Most catholic families I know who did not prevent (including NFP) but didn't try for the max have 4-10 kids. If they use even a little NFP to prevent I could see them having a smaller family (max of 6 kids), though I think its unlikely they'll have as small as some people here are guessing. 

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

Exactly. Most people which don’t use contraception still don’t end up with that many children. Even to ones who try to get pregnant. Kelly and Michelle are special in that regard. 

In fact, I don’t see any Duggar or Bates kid with more than 10 blessings. I even doubt anyone is hitting double digits. Doesn’t mean they don’t buy into the quiverfull crap. Just that nature..... errrrr God didn’t bless them more often.

Jeremy and Jinger might make it to six if he really hits on out of the park with a big congregation and speaking engagements. But I also think that children and their noise might be a big nuisance to him.

I think a boatload of kids jumping around making noise would drive him crazy. 

On 3/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Jim Bob and Michelle don't believe in watching secular movies period, let alone R rated movies. It's why they all, with the exception of Derrick and Jeremy, talk about War Room and Fireproof being their favorite movies. Those are the only kinds of movies they have been allowed to watch. 

No.   Josiah was pretty clear that he'd watched The Sound of Music many times as a kid.   

19 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Anyone see this video of the adorable Felicity? In it her parents take her to a place to learn about music and sounds. Jinger seems more empty-headed than I think I've ever seen her, and at about 3:50 or so Jeremy points out that the baby was dancing and Jinger seems to sort of die inside for a second or two. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vA6Ra9cJw

Just saw this post and watched it! I could be wildly misinterpreting, but I actually kind of read Jinger as being lost in thought and maybe comparing stuff to her own experiences for some of it...it was interesting to me when she talked about being stressed and playing music as a teen. I often played music to de-stress in highschool, but also did the stereotypical moody plugging the headphones to listen to songs, which obviously was not an option for her. Instead, it was Amazing Grace on the piano. So much time learning an instrument, but not being allowed to dance, and being limited in what she could play or listen to...now, Felicity is already listening to Christian folk and pop that they weren't allowed, dancing to baby music, etc. Just interesting contrast. 

Semi-related, any baby doing that natural little bob/wiggle to music is the cutest thing on the planet...used to crack me up when my little cousins were at that age. 

The norm for most fundie families discussed on FJ  seems to be between 8 and 10 kids.These families are modern modest average Fundies neither Maxwell extreme or So Fundie light they may as well be Regular Conservative Christian.  So it does not likely any of them will stop at 4 or have 14 either.

The whole no dancing rule is weird to me. At what age were the little kids restricted from bopping along to a beat or rhythm from somewhere...even their christian cartoons and shows for kids must have had upbeat kids tunes of some sort. And most babies like to respond to music with movement like Felicity and it is good for them. So at what point, at what age did they start trying to stifle that in the kids and how? It is weird to think of them telling a little kid not to use their body for expression via dancing because it is wrong and could lead to sexual desire. 

Way back in the olden days, we saw toddler Jackson bopping along to music from a toy he found in a thrift store. One of the older girls (Jana?) stopped him, and Michelle dismissed it as being moved by the Holy Spirit, or some such crap.

ETA: I just remembered Michelle said he was “jumping for joy” to explain away any possibility that moving rhythmically to music is a natural thing humans do.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:25 AM, TheOneAndOnly said:

Anyone see this video of the adorable Felicity? In it her parents take her to a place to learn about music and sounds. Jinger seems more empty-headed than I think I've ever seen her, and at about 3:50 or so Jeremy points out that the baby was dancing and Jinger seems to sort of die inside for a second or two. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vA6Ra9cJw

Yeah, Jinger seemed either really tired (totally normal, since she has a baby), or not that into this whole music visit. I don't really see her (or Jeremy) doing well with 3 under 4, and I expect them to have 4-5 kids with some decent spacing between them. I see Jeremy wanting an heir and a spare (esp. since his older brother seems to have fallen away from the straight and narrow), although I don't think he'll willingly go over 6 or so kids even without that.  I think it'll be important to Jeremy for Jinger to still look picture perfect and he'll choose that over a ton of kids. 

It was interesting to see the music teacher talk about how important it is for them to move to the music with Felicity. Jeremy seems to have no problem with dancing, but Jinger seemed not so convinced. I guess it's acceptable in IBLP now that Carlin Bates is having dancing at her wedding, though. 

That’s the thing. Jeremy makes rules for his family and Jinger was taught to submit to her husband so she probably cringes at the whole idea of dancing but she has to swallow it. 

Personally, I can’t see Jeremy being comfortable with more than 4 kids. And I agree with those who say they doubt any of the G2 Bateses or Duggars will have anything near 19 kids. As adults, these kids have not really known poverty, having to do without, having to work realllllllllllly hard to support and care for a growing number of children or provide for themselves. They do not have the knowledge or experiences to solely support a large family, and in reality, the uniqueness of the jumbo ridiculously sized family is losing its novelty.

I think it will depend a lot on how well Jinger deals with having children. I think men like Jeremy could happily have 20 children when they play their typical patriarchal role as the head of the household but not necessarily as an overly involved parent. I think if Jinger takes really well to childcare and child-rearing, especially if she can get some outside help once they have multiple children, and if they're financially stable, they might have quite a few kids. But I think if Jinger really struggles, they'll have a smaller number. Jeremy will not want a wife who is miserable, stressed out, and not able to perform her helpmeet, housekeeping, and pastor's wife duties with a smile at all times.

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jeremy will not want a wife who is miserable, stressed out, and not able to perform her helpmeet, housekeeping, and pastor's wife duties with a smile at all times.

Sad that this is really our best hope for Jinger at this point. 

I also think Jeremy will want better educated children than JB does. Playing lovable bumpkin patriarch to a brood of barefoot bumpkin children is not Jeremy's thing. I don't think the Felicity will come anywhere near secular education. However, I do think Jeremy will insist on a homeschool co-op or Christian school with actual certified teachers from Liberty, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I also think Jeremy will want better educated children than JB does. Playing lovable bumpkin patriarch to a brood of barefoot bumpkin children is not Jeremy's thing. I don't think the Felicity will come anywhere near secular education. However, I do think Jeremy will insist on a homeschool co-op or Christian school with actual certified teachers from Liberty, etc. 

If this is true, and I agree it probably is, give Jeremy a point in the common sense parenting column.

I gather it is not so much common sense or higher ideals because  If would suit Jeremy and his image to have a bunch of Homeschooled kids they would be homeschooled. It so happens going to Christian school is what will sell better so off they will go.

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think this will be especially true if/when they have boys.  If it were only girls he might let them be homeschooled by Jinger. 

Jeremy wants to be seen as hip modern Christian Fundamentalist and only homeschooling his girls would look very backward and scandalous. I think all his kids will go to ultra conservative private Christian schools after first being taught by Jinger for the first few years. 

They will have a "respectable" number of children for a wannabe Hollywood pastor. Meaning 4-5. They will all go to some Christian school probably because Jeremy realizes that Jinger isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and because it will look good to have them attending something semi-prestigious yet conservative. This will be justified to her family (and the viewers if there are any left) by saying that as the wife of such a wildly successful pastor, she has many daily responsibilities which preclude her from having enough time to teach the children. There will be millions of photos of the kids in school uniforms with Jeremy in them, because Jeremy.

From the currently married couples I really don't get the sense any of them will have a huge family except possibly Kendra/Joe who both seem so dim that I don't think they have the proper self-awareness to ask when to stop. Jill has already shown long spacing between kids and we don't even know her medical status. Jessa and Anna could end up with 8-9 maybe. Lauren and Josiah won't have enough sex for lots of kids, Abbie and JD are already somewhat constrained by age, Joy seems more interested in walking around manure and driving forklifts. Did I miss anyone?

29 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Jeremy wants to be seen as hip modern Christian Fundamentalist and only homeschooling his girls would look very backward and scandalous. I think all his kids will go to ultra conservative private Christian schools after first being taught by Jinger for the first few years. 

I didn't mean that if there were school-age boys and girls only the boys would get to go to school, you're right, that's bad publicity.  But if they only have girls I think they might homeschool. And I could also see them saying the Lord has moved them to send their kids to private school only once a boy is old enough to go. Why waste money on a girl?

@lumpentheologie, I do think that his sons education and career will be a higher pririty for Jeremy than his daughters. John Piper, whom Jeremy idolized, is wildly misogynistic about women's career choices and there being even the slightest chance in hell that they will have authority over men. He foams at the mouth about women being engineers, police officers, city planners. So if Felicity does take college classes, I see her bring steered into elementary education or something like that. 

Felicity and future sisters are not likely to be encouraged to be Academics or even study particularly hard unless it’s the Bible or the other religious writings that Jeremy adores. Cause you just know their father will want the fictional Victorian Ideal... charm, modesty  and beauty and being well dressed are a what a girl needs to succeed in life . 

I agree with most of above, but also I think he and his family probably think it's tacky as hell to have more than 4-5 kids. I bet they'd side-eye me for having 6. I think they'll have 2-4. 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

That is the biggest head flower I have ever seen. Jesus take the wheel.

@HarleyQuinn  I can't tell you the number of times I read a post, laugh out loud, and then see that it was yours.  Thanks for always cracking me up.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived