IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

I'm going to make a wild guess and say he might get 20 people showing up since he is offering food. 

• Upvote 2

... I’ll say 13 not counting family but we won’t ever know. He’ll take misleading pictures and count his family in the numbers without disclosing.

• I Agree 5

I’m going with 12 - not including family. But I’m also betting he won’t say how many have actually attended it it’s less than 25. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I"m going with 8 the first day, 3 the second day and lots of sickness/family deaths/unexpected company the last day.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I'm going with Lyle Lovett's "Church" because it's about a preacher who just keeps on preaching when everyone is soooooo hungry

And bring a blanket?  Because you're going to "camp?" 

#WhereisBroTheophil?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

John's taking photos of other people building shelters for his conference! He's very excited! More than 30 men - not counting their own men - coming from all over the place! Bringing blankets!

OK I get it's a big deal for him but seriously, not one word about Cyclone Kenneth, which hit Mozambique last week and did more damage than Cyclone Idai? Not even calls for thoughts and prayers? Poor form John.

• Upvote 7

John will hit another low and take to his bed after the conference. No way are over 30 men going to attend. If by some miracle hoards  do turn up they won't stay for day two!!!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

but seriously, not one word about Cyclone Kenneth, which hit Mozambique last week and did more damage than Cyclone Idai? Not even calls for thoughts and prayers? Poor form John.

Two major cyclones in such a short period of time creating so much suffering.  Terrifying.  John has an obsession leading to tunnel vision, when he could be doing so much to help in so many ways. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

It is classic John to have everyone else out working to prepare for something he planned while he sits back and takes pictures. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

John is too busy with his dreams of glory and soul winning to actually do any labor. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I can't even imagine how much extra work this is for Esther and the oldest daughter.  At least Esther isn't pregnant (again). 

• Upvote 5

Count me in the camp that the number of men attending the “We’re Way More Baptist than Any Baptists Sleep-Over” will be embellished. It’s hard to believe they have been there for five years. 

Anyone remember the last name of Theophil? Wonder what happened there?  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Markie said:

Count me in the camp that the number of men attending the “We’re Way More Baptist than Any Baptists Sleep-Over” will be embellished. It’s hard to believe they have been there for five years. 

In some ways it seems like they’ve been there forever, but they’ve achieved remarkably little. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

No pictures of 30 men but John did tell us that he is forcing those who attend to sing the six hymns he wrote. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Markie said:

#WhereIsBroTheophil? I reeeeeeeally want to know. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I am pretty sure Theophil is his last name. At least in Canada the name seems to be a last name, but who knows. I think his full name is Theo T. Theophil.

When you say Theophil in your head enough times it starts to get weird. LOL

Edited by dpndetfarm
extra words are unnecessary
  • Upvote 5

His name is Theophil Nussbaumer. What happened with Brother Theo is a mystery. He was in Zambia last year at this time. His arrival was mentioned in the May/June newsletter and that seems to be the last time John mentions him. I'm going to guess Theo saw John for who he was and went back home. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Granwych said:

I count 21 in the prayer pic on Facebook.

I took that picture to show their current church family praying for those traveling to the conference but maybe those are the men? 

Side note, some of John’s manic ranting is really hard to understand. His word structure is as manic as he is.

• Upvote 4

Perhaps Bro Theophil's Swiss heritage was simply too much of a reminder of the murderous Calvin? That would be terribly upsetting for poor Bro Shrader.

• Haha 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic