IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

On 2/15/2019 at 12:44 PM, Palimpsest said:

demonstrates ungrammatical conviction

"Demonstrating ungrammatical conviction" would make a nice post count title.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On February 26 he posted this which I assume is him trying to get people to stop asking exactly why they should keep him in Zambia since his conversion rate is dismal. 

This was posted by a fellow UIB missionary David W Martin. Well worth the read, I encourage you to do so. - js

"Have you ever thought how each of us have a part in getting the gospel to people. This past week, my family and I were at a family camp hosted by missionary Don Harris and family, along with the church in Tandil, Argentina. On the last night of the camp, a young man came up to me and Bro. Gabriel Verdi to ask questions. We showed him the principles of the word of God about his question and also spoke to him about his need for Christ. The Harris family have been witnessing and praying for him for FOURTEEN YEARS. He went to Bro. Harris the next day and accepted Christ. It was a joy to play a small part in the process that God used to give him the gospel and persuade him of his need for Christ. This event demonstrates a clear truth in scripture.

1 Corinthians 3:6-8 "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."

I have been asked many times, "How many people have you personally led to the Lord?" It is a question that I dislike, and it bothers me because it makes the people who call upon God to be a notch on our belt. The passage says that those who water and plant are one. We are not to brag about how many people "we led to the Lord". The years that one person takes to pray and give the gospel over and over to someone should not be diminished because someone else came along and witnessed to that individual, and in the course of that conversation they decide to call upon the Lord. We are just a messenger giving the gospel. God gives the increase, not us. Since we all play a part in giving the gospel, remember these important truths.

Truth 1: Your testimony is important. Since we all have a part watering and planting, do not diminish the importance of your testimony. The Harris family have been a living testimony to this young man for 14 years.

Truth 2: Keep giving the gospel to people, no matter how long it may take for them to call upon the Lord.

Truth 3: Quit counting how many people you have personally led to the Lord. Let God be the one to give you your reward in heaven for the part you play. That part may be planting the seed of truth, or it may be to water the seed, but God gives the increase. We inflate our pride by telling people, "I have personally led such and such amount to Christ."

If you have the pleasure of having a part in giving someone the gospel, praise the Lord for that opportunity."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

His 'conversion' ratings do appear dismal, also his converts seem to disappear quite quickly! 

I'm hoping his absence isn't due to another blessing on the way. That would be awful news. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

If it was a blessing he would brag. Most likely someone of importance spoke harshly to him and he is in bed nursing his hurt feelings. 

In David Rea news he appears to still be an asshole, but is is an asshole who can make plans and follow them. He is currently building a large garden. He did mess up because he planted an area with some sort of grass so he can raise sheep and was informed that sheep can't eat that type of grass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

On February 26 he posted this which I assume is him trying to get people to stop asking exactly why they should keep him in Zambia since his conversion rate is dismal. 

Quite.  I think John should stop telling his followers about any people he has converted at all.  Including Bro Boyd and the chief of the Western Province.  We wouldn't want him to put notches in his belt and "inflate his pride." 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

They are due for another blessing. ?

Maybe John is depressed because there ISN'T another blessing on the way. 

This was posted by a fellow UIB missionary David W Martin. Well worth the read, I encourage you to do so. - js

This is the last thing Bro. Shrader The World's Worst Missionary™ needs to be reading; it will let him rationalize his abject failure. 

Anybody have a sense of how successful Bro. Rea is at converting people? 

Maybe Bro. Boyd or Bro. Theophil have flown the coop, maybe together, and gone off to start their own church.  How awesome would that be?  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

John has emerged from his bed long enough to post pictures of Alatheia giving violin lessons. 

Sweet Harmony

Our precious daughter Alatheia, who is turning 15 this month), is such a blessing to our family and ministry!

Here she is teaching several of the young ladies at our church plant in Kafue, Truth Biblical Baptist church, how to play the violin!

What a joy she is to us!

- js

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Precious.  What every young lady needs to know -- how to play hymns badly on the violin.   

It could be reciprocal education, but that doesn't occur to the Worst Missionary in the World.  If Alatheia asks nicely perhaps the young ladies will teach her some of the things they know or have learned in school.  Like algebra, evolution, and perhaps a Zambian language.  

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I am shocked he featured one of his children, though I suppose if he were to feature one, it would be Alatheia. He's always seemed to prefer her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

John is ranting about abortion now. He posted an image of a newborn baby and said that this is the point Democrats say an abortion is okay, which really doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Madness...but completely in line with the culture of death abortion and those who support it have always been immersed in. What's a few minutes difference, or even months for that matter?

Killing a baby is killing a baby. Why is it more outrageous or shocking after birth?

Many are far too desensitized to this mass murder taking place daily in our world.

It's time to stop playing at Christianity and get serious. Serious prayer, self-examination, seeking of personal revival and praying for the same in our Independent Baptist churches...

Put down the remote (or better yet get rid of the hell-a-vision altogether), pick up the Word of God, and let's seriously seek God's Face together in these wicked last days.

There's still much to do for the Kingdom of God before Christ returns.

Let's "redeem the time" friends,

His time of being humble is over and he is back to looking down on everyone else. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Humble is not a description for Johnny boy me thinks. Braggart is more apt. Thats o e of the more polite words to describe him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Okay is it bad my first thought about the old man dying was in relation to his own father. Secondly, amused he's ranting against tv when he's on a computer. Just a couple thoughts I had reading through the posts.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Some crossover gold from John’s page: he has a video about why Steven Anderson is a terrible Christian. Fun fun!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Some crossover gold from John’s page: he has a video about why Steven Anderson is a terrible Christian. Fun fun!

Yay I love infighting!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Freejin said:

Can you tell us poor blocked folks all about it? Please!!!:dance:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Don't be deceived...this man is a very popular yet dangerous false teacher who identifies himself as an "independent Baptist." Thanks for this extremely well done video Bro. Snider.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." - Romans 16:17,18

Spoiler

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:
  Hide contents

How does he know about PP?  Is the world of Christian crazies just that small?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I will probably need to go back and read this topic in full, but the post about sending missionaries to different cities (including Atlanta, where I happen to live) reminds me of the church I was part of at one time.  They did send out "mission teams" to "plant churches" in different cities in the US and non-US countries, and it was a big deal if you were part of a mission team.  

I am part of the Church of Christ.  The current Church of Christ I am part of is considered "progressive", i.e. we don't believe we are the only ones going to heaven and we actually use instruments in worship.  it's a tradition in Churches of Christ to worship without musical instruments.  There are some who can "prove" by the Bible that it is a sin to worship with instruments (because there's no New Testament verse authorizing instruments, only verses that say "sing") and, in fact, one church in our area has disfellowshipped us because we now have an instrumental service.

The church I became a Christian in was part of a group known as the Crossroads Movement.  Its de facto leader was a man named Chuck Lucas, who was the main preacher at the Crossroads Church of Christ in Gainesville, FL.  They had a very active campus ministry, and upon graduation, many went to other cities and tried to influence their churches with the the things they'd learned at Crossroads (such as, daily prayer and bible study, prayer partners where you were quizzed on certain aspects of your life, and very aggressive evangelism.)  There were leaders that didn't take too kindly to people coming in with this type of teaching, so, the Crossroads people would often leave and start their own church; in other words, they'd split the church.

One of Lucas' converts was a man named Kip McKean.  Kip eventually went to Boston and took over a church there and grew it to several thousand members.  His idea of evangelizing an area was not to send people into existing churches, but rather to plant an entirely new  church.   This may be what the IFB is thinking by sending missionaries to places that are already overpopulated with churches.

Lucas was fired from Crossroads in 1985.  The reason given was "recurring sin".  After that, McKean took over the movement.  His modus operandi was to invite leaders of Crossroads-type churches to be trained at Boston, then send in a group to replace the leader.  If the church objected, then Boston would send in a mission team to start their own church.  This movement eventually morphed into the International Churches of Christ.

I left this branch of the Church of Christ right around the time they began to morph into the International Church of Christ. So I avoided some direct damage but not all of it.  The church I attended at the time lost members and my best friend's church split.

Chuck Lucas died last year.  Kip resigned as the "head of the movement" and now has started over again, with the International Christian Church.  He has learned absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry for the tangent, but the comment about sending missionaries to other American cities reminded me of my own experience.  I suspect that the IFB may believe they're the "only true church", and if you think you're the "only true church", then yes, you are going to send group into places that already have churches!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fransalley said:

I'm sorry for the tangent, but the comment about sending missionaries to other American cities reminded me of my own experience.

Oh my goodness, @fransalley, don't apologize! That was a fascinating reprise of church dynamics/schisms. Glad you ended upon the right side of the breakup! 

2 hours ago, fransalley said:

After that, McKean took over the movement.  His modus operandi was to invite leaders of Crossroads-type churches to be trained at Boston, then send in a group to replace the leader.  If the church objected, then Boston would send in a mission team to start their own church. 

This is so sleazy.....and downright predatory. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Cyclone Idai has utterly decimated parts of Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. 

Cyclone Idai basically destroyed the Zimbabwean city of Beira as it came ashore, then continued inland in a northwesterly direction to Harare, but I can't find a map showing the path of the storm after that.

It's an immense humanitarian disaster with an unimaginable scale of flooding creating a massive inland sea, and areas that escaped flooding were decimated by high winds. 

Bro. Shrader's area in Zambia,  apparently, will receive some spin-off rain but is not currently in the area directly affected with winds and massive flooding. A Zambia website on March 18 noted that

The Zambia Meteorological Department has rubbished the warning by the Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit (DMMU) that certain parts of the country are likely to be affected by the tropical cyclone that ravaged Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi 

and 

But in what appears to be clear lack of coordination between the two, MET acting director Emmanuel Sikana has told ZANIS that Zambia is in the first place not in the danger zone from the cyclone and that the department is observing its movements.

Sikana says the cyclone which hit Zimbabwe has started going back to central position in Mozambique and is likely to go back to the Indian Ocean.  He however, explained that when the cyclone was around central Mozambique, it started pushing the rainfall activities to northern parts of Zambia especially North western and Copperbelt

The swampy Lunga District did experience intense flooding, but it seems the Shraders dodged this particular bullet. 

Govt sends relief food to flood-hit Lunga District

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic