IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

So, Esther is knocked up for the 12th time and he is abandoning her to run back to the US for major surgery? 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

So, Esther is knocked up for the 12th time and he is abandoning her to run back to the US for major surgery? 

Yes, and no.  Esther is indeed pregnant again.  She was supposed to be coming back to the US herself in September with Alatheia, Caleb, and possibly Isaiah in tow.  Enoch and Timothy are also back in the US.  They traveled with John.

As I agree with @Gobsmacked, that John is unlikely to be on a plane in September after his surgery I wonder what their plans are.

Surely they won't leave all the other six children alone while Esther and John and the 3 oldest and 2 youngest children are in the US.

• Upvote 6

I'm hoping that Rick and Jodi will travel to be with Esther, or help pay for Suzette Keller to travel over. If (and I very much suspect this) John will not be returning to Zambia, Esther is going to need a lot of help to pack up and return to the US. 

• Upvote 8

Hi — I don’t follow this bunch because I just can’t take them. But! The title of this topic intrigued me and sends me in search of my Godfather DVD every time. 

Msy I please ask, to what does the “I know it was you, Fresno” refer to in the nasty Shrader universe??

Many TIAs!!

• Upvote 1

I know it was you, Fredo. FREDO. 

Goodness sakes. I don’t review a post and find the dumbest autocorrect error of the year, and too late to edit it.  

LOL!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Imo this heralds the end of John's Odessy in Zambia

I had the same though.  And by September, it appears that half or more of the family will be in the US.

• Upvote 4

@Palimpsest deserves some sort of an FJ award for sitting through John's ramblings. 

My thoughts. John actually came back to America for the surgery, not the 40th anniversary, he just didn't mention it to people. His dramatic decline in videos is to help people feel like they need to cough up the money to pay for his "sudden" surgery. John has no intentions of going back in September, he will moan a great deal and there will be much drama about him not being able to fly back to Zambia. Since Esther and the young kids are going to be here at this time, he will beg money to fly the rest of the family home. He will still say he is a missionary to Zambia, people will need to keep financially supporting his family as he takes an extended recovery so he can get back on the mission field. When he finally gets back he will find things in chaos and he will need more money. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

And I think @formergothardite is right.   I really don't think he actually wants to stay in the US.  He's had the time of his sorry life in the last 5 years.  If he had wanted to come back to the US he had the perfect excuse when Rick announced his retirement.  Instead he insisted on staying in Kafue.  Of course Rick might have floated the idea of Johnny taking over TCB and the congregation reacted with horror.  They must remember Johnny as assistant pastor there.

I agree this was a planned return for surgery.  But John is going to milk the missionary to Africa situation for as long as he can.  And he is delusional if he thinks he can have major back surgery on August 21, and hop on a plane back to Zambia by mid-September.  Of course, there are hospitals and PT in Zambia, but I would think he would also need follow-up care.  

The cat is definitely on the roof though.  I think John is going to announce in September that he has to stay in the US for further recovery, and we'll see a GoFundMe any second to bring the rest of the family back.  But I will not be at all surprised if they all go back again next year.  John will bravely minister in Kafue as long as he wants, with his excuse of a bad back for lack of activity and progress.

We will see.

John gives a lot of extraneous details in the Prayer Letter.  If you skip over the many years of experience of all the many medical professionals he has consulted, he claims that he is "at very high risk" for "Cauda Equina Syndrome." 

Dr Google came to my rescue.  https://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/cauda-equina-syndrome-overview#1-3

Even allowing for John's usual dramatics and exaggeration, that is nothing to fool around with.  And the surgery is not a guaranteed success.  

Spoiler

And I'll leave it to others to speculate whether the sudden onset, or the very thought of, sexual dysfunction was what made John agree to surgery.   At least he was able to impregnate Esther with #12 only a couple of months ago.

So John Shrader, I hope the surgery goes well.  I hope you do have to leave Africa because I consider you a very destructive influence there.  And I pity all the congregations you preach at in the future where you complain that Africans uncomplainingly listened to you rant on for hours, all day, and for several days in a row!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think John is going to announce in September that he has to stay in the US for further recovery, and we'll see a GoFundMe any second to bring the rest of the family back.  But I will not be at all surprised if they all go back again next year.  John will bravely minister in Kafue as long as he wants, with his excuse of a bad back for lack of activity and progress.

Yep.  Being a "missionary" has served John well, he isn't going to give that up, especially since he failed miserably as a pastor here in America. An injured missionary who keeps trucking on for the lord in scary Africa will help bring in money. Unless John can't physically get back to Zambia or Zambia won't let him back in, we should all expect a return trip. 

• Upvote 10

I certainly don't wish horrible things to happen to a fellow back sufferer-even John Schrader. HOWEVER John should not return to Zambia. It isn't fair on Esther. He will physically not be able to do much for weeks after his op. The op will hopefully eleviate the worst of his  symptoms. If John's spine is as badly damaged as he says then he will never  recover 100% . He will have lasting stiffness even with the best Physio. Sadly over time his vertebrae will deteriorate despite the best care. Sadly that's a given. Driving will be difficult during the first months of recovery even with an automatic vehicle.  Sitting in a driving position and bumping over the side and back roads of Zambia will be painful. ( I know-personal experience, but only for three weeks and that was 10 years post, not newly post -op)!

Esther's suffering during all of this is going to be never ending. A new born , a tribe of home-schooled kids and a newly Post-op John to look after. That's just rotten. I truly dislike Pa Keller right now for allowing his daughter to get mixed up with John. 

Rant over. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

a tribe of home-schooled kids

Has there ever been any evidence of anyone getting any sort of an education? I wouldn't be shocked if the Shraderlings got less of an education than the Rodlings. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@Gobsmacked, I hear you.  But since when has John Shrader ever considered Esther's well-being?  It has always been all about what John wants.

If John's back is as bad as he says, then he is vastly underestimating the situation, the recovery time, and the long-term effects even after successful surgery.

Perhaps he is in denial.  Perhaps he is so uneducated himself he doesn't understand what the doctors are telling him.  Perhaps he thinks God will grant him a miraculous recovery so he can go back to Zambia.  Because John is so Faithful unto the Lord and God is telling him it will all be fine.

Or perhaps this is an elaborate con job, where John is greatly exaggerating his condition, so he can have a miraculous cure, and bleed his donors of more cash.  I hope that is not the case.  However, to date John Shrader has never let the truth stand in the way of successful grifting.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I know it was you, Fredo. FREDO. 

I can answer this - it refers to an LOLpic I made.

John posted a pic of himself hugging someone, and it just looked so phony, and vaguely sinister, that I couldn't resist a reference to this moment in one of the Godfather movies: Michael telling Fredo he has been found out as a betrayer and is going to die:

Spoiler

Spoiler

622850744_JOHNShraderfredo.jpg.f19277abf8ee1c37f106c851aae23391.jpg

Hey, is that the adze from the sermon in his hand? Ah, John, you are such an adze-hole.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

John-boy's back is really that bad-no surgeon is going to medically release him the travel for at least 6-8 weeks, that is if there are no issues or they find something more during the surgery. He should be on limited activity for at least 12-18 weeks, I know he is doing that now. With back surgery it will be a lot limiting. Once again he is full of shit.

Very soon they are going to have to address the issue with their older kids aging out of the family VISA, will have to qualify for their own. Maybe now that his church is registered with the government they can become employees of that but how are they going to show that they are not going to be a burden to government. Knowing John-boy's planning ability I am sure they will let it go until it is an emgerency.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

ery soon they are going to have to address the issue with their older kids aging out of the family VISA, will have to qualify for their own. Maybe now that his church is registered with the government they can become employees of that but how are they going to show that they are not going to be a burden to government.

Rea ended up sending his older kids back to America to live. John boy might have problems keeping them in Zambia. Rea is much better organized. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Rea ended up sending his older kids back to America to live. John boy might have problems keeping them in Zambia. Rea is much better organized. 

Rea's children were all significantly older than the Shraderlings.  And perhaps Rea wanted them to get an actual (or Bible College) education.

Enoch is not going to be 18 until January 2021.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I can answer this - it refers to an LOLpic I made.

John posted a pic of himself hugging someone, and it just looked so phony, and vaguely sinister, that I couldn't resist a reference to this moment in one of the Godfather movies: Michael telling Fredo he has been found out as a betrayer and is going to die:

Hide contents

Hide contents

622850744_JOHNShraderfredo.jpg.f19277abf8ee1c37f106c851aae23391.jpg

Hey, is that the adze from the sermon in his hand? Ah, John, you are such an adze-hole.

Three words:  BRILL-I-ANT !!!!!

Thank you, my dove!  

• Upvote 5

I was just thinking. 

Remember when Shrader's life verse was 2 Timothy 2:2?  "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." 

He had it all over the place.  It was on his Facebook, it was the guide for his Bible Institute.  It was why he had the Timothy House.  The original one that he kicked the converts out of when he had a fight with the landlady who was possessed by demons and needed the house for himself.  And the second one next to the church that he also used as a chicken coop, and then kicked all the converts out and changed the locks.  It is now used as Bible storage and the Timothy House and Bible Institute are no more.  So are the chickens.

When did he last mention 2 Timothy 2:2?  And what is his new life verse? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

So much has happened since 2014 that I had forgotten the Demon possessed landlady. I cannot imagine what goes on inside Esther' head. She must realise that John isn't quite 'right' ? Surely? Yes she had an odd fundie childhood but she has been out in the world, in a 'foreign' country long enough to realise that John is not like most people? Is she completely in denial? Is she low IQ? Is she hanging on by her toenails? I would love to chat to her face to face without John around. I think that would be an unworldly experience. 

I've  had wine so probably haven't explained my self very well. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Remember when Shrader's life verse was 2 Timothy 2:2?  "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." 

Maybe he doesn't want people to dwell on the things they have heard about him any more!

Nah, that would require self-awareness, and we know John has none.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, Palimpsest said:

Now he waves a clay pot in the air.  When clay pots crack they put wax on to hide it.  The word sincere means without wax.  When you are examined by the Son of God will you be found to be without wax?  Are you a cracked pot?  Now that was actually interesting.  Is that where the word  "crackpot" comes from?

I hate to be a party pooper, but that one interesting part of Johnny-boy's sermon was... wrong.  I don't know about clay pots and the mending thereof (I can see wax working for storage pots, though if they're cooking pots, I feel like it might not be the best choice?), but the word sincere does not derive from the Latin for "without wax".

Crackpot, in the sense in which it applies to John, seems to come from a pot, waxed or otherwise, being used as a metaphor for the head.

(This post brought to you by hospital wifi as I wait for surgery either tonight or tomorrow - after which I do not plan to fly any-damn-where, let alone to Zambia - and by the IV dilaudid they're giving me in the meantime)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 13

15 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

I hate to be a party pooper, but that one interesting part of Johnny-boy's sermon was... wrong.  I don't know about clay pots and the mending thereof (I can see wax working for storage pots, though if they're cooking pots, I feel like it might not be the best choice?), but the word sincere does not derive from the Latin for "without wax".

Crackpot, in the sense in which it applies to John, seems to come from a pot, waxed or otherwise, being used as a metaphor for the head.

(This post brought to you by hospital wifi as I wait for surgery either tonight or tomorrow - after which I do not plan to fly any-damn-where, let alone to Zambia - and by the IV dilaudid they're giving me in the meantime)

My best wishes and hopes for the success of your surgery.  I will be holding you in my thoughts.

And thanks so much for correcting Johnny on "sincere" from your bed of pain.  Above and beyond the call of duty.❤️

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

My best wishes and hopes for the success of your surgery.  I will be holding you in my thoughts.

And thanks so much for correcting Johnny on "sincere" from your bed of pain.  Above and beyond the call of duty.❤️

Thank you. ❤️

And if you've ever wondered what happens when you give a nitpicky language nerd the good drugs, now you know.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 8

On 8/5/2019 at 10:02 AM, Palimpsest said:

John was prancing around the stage like a hippo on crack

??? This description is everything! ? And it encapsulates John 'preaching' perfectly hahaha

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Aine said:

??? This description is everything! ? And it encapsulates John 'preaching' perfectly hahaha

I feel a bit bad about that because it was before John claimed his back problems were really serious.  But as he wasn't showing signs of back pain in that particular performance two weeks ago,  I stand by the description.

In other news, John made another post public yesterday.  He wants you to invite a Muslim to coffee today.  It doesn't have to be your own house, perish the thought. 

He's quoting someone else's words of wisdom here, but I assume he agrees with Larry.

"Tomorrow, muslims celebrate one of their most important holy days “Eid Al Adha”. It is a celebration of Abraham offering his son as a sacrifice to God.

If you know any Muslims, try to make this day a time for a witness for our Lord Jesus. Invite them to your house for coffee (or another place).

Talk to them about our Lord, the greatest Lamb sacrifice. Invite them more than once, they believe, it is a shame to accept any first invitation.

Don’t get caught up in any old debate. Whether it was Ishmael or Isaac. Just talk about the Lamb of God. John 1:29. 
Give them witness what God has done for you. The love of God. The answers you found in Christ. They don’t know the Love of God and they have no answers.

There is not one person on this earth that is beyond the Love of God and is not a Prospect for his grace. So be kind, be an aggressive witness, John 3:16.
God will bring people in your life for a testimony and a message of salvation.
God has brought lost people into your life for a message of salvation."

Larry Clayton

As it happens, Larry got the date wrong.  Eid Al Adha doesn't start until the evening of Sunday August 11, 2019.  It is dependent on the lunar cycle not on the Gregorian calendar.

All Muslims should be suspicious of any invitations to coffee today from stray Fundies.  They will aggressively witness at you.  And the Fundies are going to nag.   Apparently all Muslims refuse the first time you invite them for coffee with nefarious intent.

I wonder whether John invited the Muslims who uttered "satanic calls" all day to coffee when he lived next to a mosque when he first moved to Kafue. 

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic