IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Question: Where is he posting his videos?

On his facebook page, "JohnEsther Shrader".  Public again at present.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Question: Where is he posting his videos?

I tried finding him on YouTube... I haven't gone down this rabbit hole of insanity yet.

Also:
Is it true that he was kicked out of his dad's church?

I heard a rumor that he interprets the Bible differently than his IFB family and is a different type of fundie? 

He very loudly rejected ATI, which Esther was raised in and I think her family is still involved with. I don’t know if his family was ATI, but it seems likely since the Kellers were WAY into it when he and Esther courted/married.

He had a public spat about his belief in salvation by faith alone a few years ago.

He posted an anti Steve Anderson video recently, so it seems he’s not on board with the New IFB.

I think his father and his church are just happy to have him far away. He seems to have theological disputes with anyone who doesn’t agree that he should be sent large sums of money to convert Africa to John Schraderism.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

s it true that he was kicked out of his dad's church?

I heard a rumor that he interprets the Bible differently than his IFB family and is a different type of fundie? 

No. John's dad's church is now his sending church since his original sending church kicked him out over obscure theological differences and I suspect John being a jerk. 

John has gotten more and more extreme as he has been in Zambia and has created a world where he is pretty much the only person who preaches real Christianity. He calls himself a Historic Unaffiliated Baptist now. I personally think this has less to do with how he interprets the Bible and more to do with him being of the mindset that not even other IFB are as godly as he is. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

It must comfort John on some level to believe that he is the godliest man to have ever lived and that is why he has won so few souls. No one can ever measure up to him. I find his delusions scary and I wonder what it is like to live with him. Maybe Esther and the children are so used to him and his “plans” they just play and pray along. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lilith said:

He very loudly rejected ATI, which Esther was raised in and I think her family is still involved with. I don’t know if his family was ATI, but it seems likely since the Kellers were WAY into it when he and Esther courted/married.

John was also raised in ATI. When he claims to have taught in public school what he is really meaning is that he taught Character First in public school like a ton of other ATI students. Same with all the mission travel he claims to have done, he was going with IBLP. When we first found him he was more honest about what he actually did. As time has gone by and he has become more and more delusional he has edited his history. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

If he didn't have Satan to battle, he'd have to find another enemy.  He wants confrontation more than he does souls.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I find his delusions scary and I wonder what it is like to live with him. Maybe Esther and the children are so used to him and his “plans” they just play and pray along. 

This is their 'normal'. The children don't know any different bc this is how they're being bought up. Esther was bought up to always defer to the man of the household. First her father, now her husband.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

It must comfort John on some level to believe that he is the godliest man to have ever lived and that is why he has won so few souls. No one can ever measure up to him. I find his delusions scary and I wonder what it is like to live with him. Maybe Esther and the children are so used to him and his “plans” they just play and pray along. 

I am sure they do. I was married to a controlling man with narcissistic tendencies who was always jumping from one big idea/life change to the next, and I just did my best to keep routine for the kids and make sure the household functioned day to day in the background of his drama. Thankfully he didn’t decide to get me pregnant for the eleventieth time and take me to Zambia.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Deleorean88mph said:

This is their 'normal'. The children don't know any different bc this is how they're being bought up. Esther was bought up to always defer to the man of the household. First her father, now her husband.

I was going to say this. I think Esther may have had some insight into the crazy in the US or if John was acting the way he does now in the US because she would have other church families and acquaintances to compare her life to. It appears she is very socially isolated in Zambia. I know she runs her women's ministry group but they all likely at least pretend to defer to her and to her marriage and family with John.

I imagine that the effect of Esther and the kids being under the thumb of John, having little access to other sources of information except for John, and having few social comparisons on the other side of the world that they see themselves as similar to has led to the same psychological effects as cult members. If you isolate just about anyone, tell them repeatedly that they are special because they follow you, tell them this is their only way to salvation, and also manage to make them completely dependent on you then you have a good chance of brainwashing them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Aine said:

I was going to say this. I think Esther may have had some insight into the crazy in the US or if John was acting the way he does now in the US because she would have other church families and acquaintances to compare her life to. It appears she is very socially isolated in Zambia. I know she runs her women's ministry group but they all likely at least pretend to defer to her and to her marriage and family with John.

I imagine that the effect of Esther and the kids being under the thumb of John, having little access to other sources of information except for John, and having few social comparisons on the other side of the world that they see themselves as similar to has led to the same psychological effects as cult members. If you isolate just about anyone, tell them repeatedly that they are special because they follow you, tell them this is their only way to salvation, and also manage to make them completely dependent on you then you have a good chance of brainwashing them.

I do worry about their kids. They’re going to end up back in America one day, totally socially isolated even within fundie circles, with an extremely sub par education and a distrust of the wider world. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, the older kids are screwed.  So many of these older sons, even if raised in the US,  go off to missionary college because that's all they know how to do.  Or worse, do online courses and never leave the nuclear family. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, lilith said:

I do worry about their kids. They’re going to end up back in America one day, totally socially isolated even within fundie circles, with an extremely sub par education and a distrust of the wider world. 

I'll be interested to see if they do have the distrust of the wider world - they're living in a broader community and going out to villages that are very different from what they would be doing in the USA. There must be at least some cognitive dissonance going on between what they're being taught and what they are actually seeing around them, and even if they're suppressing it for survival reasons now it may well surface if they manage to get some distance from their parents.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I'll be interested to see if they do have the distrust of the wider world - they're living in a broader community and going out to villages that are very different from what they would be doing in the USA. There must be at least some cognitive dissonance going on between what they're being taught and what they are actually seeing around them, and even if they're suppressing it for survival reasons now it may well surface if they manage to get some distance from their parents.

They’re not interacting naturally and playing and learning with the local

kids though. They’re going out to “save” them, supervised by their father, then retreating to their transplanted piece of fundie America.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

New Prayer Letter!

Spoiler

56585943_10213325069151441_601808884780236800_.thumb.jpg.30c8aa541f1e0c513e3db0bfd6ee0702.jpg

Brief thoughts: 5 years already? I wouldn't have given him 5 months at the start.

Wow, 6 converts in one prayer letter. Business is booming.

Poor Robert. I hope he gets refugee status and finds his family.

I am never going to stop giggling at "Festus" as a town name.

• Thank You 11

John signs his letter in a big fat lie.

"The Shrader Family, Going In Your Place With The Gospel To Africa".

Listen you complete moron, you're NOT going in my place!  I never said, "Oh gosh, I think I should go to Africa and harass the shit out everyone in god's name!  Oh, wait, I think I'll let John do it"!

And way to to guilt your readers into thinking they should send you money because you're willing to die in their place.  The only near death experience you've had over there is running out of ice and sunflower seeds.

FFS, learn how to write!

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Carol said:

The only near death experience you've had over there is running out of ice and sunflower seeds

:laughing-rolling: Brilliant!

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Robert clearly heard the Gospel for over five hours and desired to give his life to Christ. 

Yes, I know, the jokes just write themselves, don't they?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Why the outdated family pic on top? It's from 2 kids ago.

How long does he plan to stay in Zambia? Till his kids hit marriageable age?  

• Upvote 3

John has a visitor from one of the churches sending him money. No mention of Brother Theo who came to study under him. I suspect that didn't go well. 

We are blessed to be ministering in Western Province with a visitor from one of our supporting churches.

Bro. Daniel Orick arrived in Zambia this past Tuesday, and he has already been a tremendous blessing to have here!

We arrived in Mongu yesterday afternoon after over nine hours of driving, held the service with the Freedom Biblical Baptist church we are planting here by God's Grace. It was great to see those who have been faithfully coming, especially Bro. Kulundu and his family. What precious friends they are to us. They open their home to us to stay in while we are here, and have faithfully continued in the ministry when we are not able to be here.

We are going to the prison today, please pray that God continues to open that door for us, then we leave for Kaanja Village Saturday morning, to go minister to Chief Lukama. We are desiring to go on an island again for evangelism, as well as preaching and teaching and one-one-one discipleship with Bro. Mushowe and the Chief.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers dear friends.

Spoiler

zambia.thumb.jpg.1b5f753fa9b1b4aded491877bd8a96d7.jpg

There is also a video of people singing while John plays his magical accordion and it is painful to listen to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Deleorean88mph said:

Why the outdated family pic on top? It's from 2 kids ago.

How long does he plan to stay in Zambia? Till his kids hit marriageable age?  

I think it'll be less "marriagable age" and more "require a separate visa".  John I think plans on staying there indefinitely but the kids will be shipped out at 18. I suppose when/if his father gets older/has health issues he might return but I suspect John would only stay if he was anointed with the Katy church pastorship. Which would be the cue to start a sweep on how quickly he could run it into the ground.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I suppose when/if his father gets older/has health issues he might return but I suspect John would only stay if he was anointed with the Katy church pastorship.

I have a feeling members won't do that. They already put up with John one time. As long as John can stay outside of America he will. If he came back to pastor a church the members would require he work like a regular pastor, he will have a deacon board to answer to, members, who he will have a harder time brushing off, will complain about things.  John isn't going to do that as long as he has other options. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

There are pictures of some visitor named David in Kafue... this makes me a bit concerned for that boy from Canada. Is he there? What happened to him? Have we ever heard anything more about him?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

There are pictures of some visitor named David in Kafue... this makes me a bit concerned for that boy from Canada. Is he there? What happened to him? Have we ever heard anything more about him?

“Brother” theophil? Isn’t he the guy in the gray shirt/beard in johns most recent album? 

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

“Brother” theophil? Isn’t he the guy in the gray shirt/beard in johns most recent album? 

Oh I thought that was the David referenced... I’m sorry Daniel. I assumed that was the ‘Daniel orick’ who has just arrived...

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

Oh I thought that was the David referenced... I’m sorry Daniel. I assumed that was the ‘Daniel orick’ who has just arrived...

Oh hmm you’re definitely right, I had assumed Daniel was the guy at the pulpit but I clicked on the name and Daniel is definitely Beardy. Hopefully theophil ran on home. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic