IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, llucie said:

I agree that the names are cool, sound to me like a character in a fantasy novel, but i find them too weird to use on a real child, not that they will have problems like bullying since they dont go to school, but i bet it gets anoying after a while to explain the name to every person they meet. Well except Sophia that its so normal. Its weird how they went for Agape and Alatheia before considering Sophia, or Irene.

Alatheia is unusual, but pretty and pronounceable and appears (to my ignorance, anyway) to be classically not “creatively” spelled.

Agape is just... *sigh* What it means is lovely, but in the English language it’s already a word that doesn’t mean anything like that. You really want to name your child “mouth hanging open”? And doom them to pronunciation issues for the rest of their lives?

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I would spell it Aletheia.  And would pronounce it A-LEE-thia.  But I don't know,  I've also heard it pronounced  Al-a-THE-uh, as you say.  I am not Greek.

My great-aunt is an Aletheia and Google tells me that's the correct English spelling of the name, pronounced A-LEE-thia as you said.

The 'a' in Alatheia Schrader always threw me off... I looked it up and it's the name of a Trance music band but not much else.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

And Johnny is making posts public on FB again.  Nothing very interesting though.  Just quotes he thinks are inspirational.

Winston Churchill:  

"I no longer listen to what people say, I just watch what they do. Behavior never lies."

That's a good one.  We are watching your behaviour, Johnny. :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

If you are waiting on God do what waiters do.  "Serve."

Deep, man.  Deep.

And the cherry on top of the sundae.

Hey Johnny.  I think you misunderstood Charles Spurgeon.  Somehow I really don't think Spurgeon would have wanted Romans 3:10-18 to be a used as a clever riposte to anyone thinking ill of John Shrader. 

I think we should be proud if John thinks the poison of asps is under our lips.  Perhaps our criticism of him is making him angry ...

Let's show Johnny the full quotation from Spurgeon.

“Brother, if any man thinks ill of you, do not be angry with him; for you are worse than he thinks you to be. If he charges you falsely on some point, yet be satisfied, for if he knew you better he might change the accusation, and you would be no gainer by the correction. If you have your moral portrait painted, and it is ugly, be satisfied; for it only needs a few blacker touches, and it would be still nearer the truth.”  Spurgeon

Yep.  I don't think we have uncovered the full extent of Johnny's skulduggery yet.  

I've also always disagreed with Romans 5.  Someone (his Omnipotent God?) should have tipped off Paul that throughout history, after he was dead and buried, grievous sins, wickedness, and unjustifiable wars would be carried out by bad people who have decided that they are justified Paul's burblings about their Christian God. 

In fact John's type of "Christian" is a Paul follower not a Christ follower.  Paul's teachings actually contradict Jesus' teachings in many important areas.  And the Shraders of  this world quote from and rely upon Paul's many epistles far more than they do upon the Synoptic Gospels, which contain Jesus' teaching.

The Shraders of this world should not feel at peace as they invariably leave a swathe of destruction in their wakes.  Also many horrendous crimes have been committed by extreme Fundamentalist Christians just as secure in their faith as Johnny.  Like Jim David Adkisson, Scott Roeder, Paul Jennings, Timothy McVeigh, and Dylann Storm Roof.

But if we are going to play Bible quotes with Johnny I'll give him a quote from Paul.  Above all John Shrader lacks charity.  He is as the sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.  He sees through a glass darkly.  

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13  (KJV)

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

1 Corinthians 13:8 is my favorite Bible verse. And always one modern-day Pharisees like Johnny-Boy and JRod forget. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

OK,  Greek inspired girls names. Maroula (or Maroulla) is a variant of Mary and has the advantage (in that family) of not starting with the same letter as any of the other kids. It's also very old fashioned and a bit out of date - so almost KJV-esque! 

Ariadne is yet another 'A' name but means "holy wise woman" apparently (or 'Princess'?) which would be good to live up to. 

Phoebe ('bright shining one') or Penelope ('weaver') would work. Hera is probably a bit too obviously Greek Mythology based. 

Helen or Helena ('shining light') would be nice. And of course Elefthría - freedom.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Ariadne is the Cretan princess in the Minotaur tale who marries Theseus (and later abandoned by him but rescued by the god Dionysus). Probably too pagan for John. It's a favorite of mine, though.

Edited by Johanna25
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:43 PM, missy1228 said:

I was intrigued when John went through the girls names and he pronounced Alatheia as a-LAY-theia... I always thought it was pronounced Al-a-THE-uh?  Am I alone in this?

I've heard John and/or Esther pronounce it in their way before so I read it as a-LAY-thee-a in this thread but you're absolutely correct regarding the proper MODERN Greek pronunciation.

But they also spell it Alatheia, which indicates they are aiming for a more Ancient Greek pronunciation and that is believed to be more along the lines of how he pronounces it:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ἀλήθεια

?‍♀️

I hate to admit it but he has a leg to stand on (at least one, even if no bowel and bladder control) with the pronunciation they use. #namegeeksigningout

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I have been firmly in the camp of Elpida or Elpis for the next female Shrader-ling and I stand by it. It means "hope" and I tend to lean more towards Elpida because that is still the word used for "hope" in Greek (ελπίδα) whereas "Elpis" was the name of the last hold out in Pandora's box after she unleashed the evil spirits in it. It may be too "unChristian" and of "pagan religions" to use Elpis as a name but I can definitely see Elpida. I like Elpida fine tbh. They could do much worse. The meaning 'hope', even when you have no chance in hell for any hope that your Zambia mission will be successful, may be appealing to them as well. 

• Upvote 2

John strikes again. 

Are you living this truth? 

"It is not joyful people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are joyful."

John is preaching that you should be thankful  to God "in every thing."  If you are not you will be frustrated, grumble negative, and have a critical spirit.  In fact you will be grumpy.

And you will rage, yell, berate people and call the police on  the followers you have lied to and mislead.  And your converts will run away.  But you should be thankful for that too.  They were obviously false fruit not people you exploited and berated for your own ego.  

And you rage against, slander (and libel), and constantly throw those former converts under the bus for your own petty purposes, Shrader.   Roderick was your main man for years until he tried to remonstrate with you for conduct unbecoming to a pastor.  And you lied to Arcade and Jolis about your silly fake Bible college.    Also you have confessed you don't know which of them "stole" from you.  Perhaps they just took wages you owed them to pay their fines and get out of the country after you told them to over stay their visas because you needed to disciple them. Even if they were fornicating and drinking it might have been better and more Christian to pray for them than boot them out and berate them.

I say unto you, Shrader: Romans 12:17 -21.  Selah.

Spoiler

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.   If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

And the full quote of Johnny's post here:

This little saying carries a wonderful truth. I personally would substitute "joyful" for "happy," but the Scripture is so clear on this matter!

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - I Thess. 5:18

I have seen over and over both in my life and in those around me, how failure to follow God's Word in giving THANKS in EVERY THING never produces joy, but instead frustration, grumbling, negativity, a critical spirit, and just plain ol' grumpiness!

Have you lost your thankful heart?

God didn't say, "FOR every thing give thanks...", He said "IN every thing..."

A thankful heart is a joyful heart, because joy is part of the fruit of the Spirit of God, and when we obey God, obey His Word, then we experience His Fruit flowing from our lives!

Are you living this truth?

"It is not joyful people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are joyful!"

Selah

Bro. John Shrader

Esther Shrader, Rick-Jodi Shrader, Boyd Sikakena, Whyte, Paul Choots Choots, Emmanuel

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

45 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Me thinks John is nuts, crackers, off the scale looney. 

You are far too kind.  John is an extreme Fundamentalist Christian and the World's Worst Missionary.  But his ability to twist the truth and expect people to believe him is self-delusional to the point of needing services in Bedlam.  

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

John isn't sharing on Facebook, but Tri-country Baptist has some new videos up.  August 4th is Tri-County's 40th anniversary.  It is also my 40th wedding anniversary, what a coincidence.  

Video 1.  Mercifully short.  Pastor Rogers is installed.

• Rick calls John and Jodi up for the blessing.  Says that his granddaughter Julie (Sarah's daughter) isn't there although she loves church.  I hope she is with her father having unGodly fun.  No mention of his other 3 apostate sons.
  • John is now hobbling around using a cane.  Pray for the 3 discs that are giving him problems.
  • Pastor Rogers got blessed by Rick.  Not that Rick has been de-called or anything but Pastor R is the laborer sent in answer to Rick's prayers.  Pastor Rogers looks as though he only has 8 blessings.  Slacker.
  • Also the John's alliteration probably comes from Daddy.  The Rogers family are Helpers, with Heart, and Heritage and will help Harvest.
  • John interrupts Rick who wants to move on to a chorus.  He forgot to present something.
  • Jodi tries to presents Rogers with a framed picture of an eagle. Pastor Rogers loves eagles.   Rick rudely interrupts her because he can do it better.  AYmen.
  • Chorus.  The congregation has to learn it.  The Lord has done great things for us.
  • AYmen.

Video 2. 

I suffered through the 40th Anniversary Celebration highlights video so you didn't have to but there isn't really much news.  A really long slideshow, some people from the congregation speaking, but what they said was edited out.   I'm not sure where the highlights were.  John accompanied the slideshow on piano.

Rick and Jodi seem to be retiring.  There's going to be a portrait of them in the church.  They were presented with gifts from the church.  Cards, cash, 44 roses (because it is their 44th wedding anniversary this week too). Johnny was asked to explain the two special Bibles with which they were presented.  The Bibles are bound with water buffalo hide because Johnny is a missionary in Africa, and everything has to come back to Johnny.  

But no, let's not get too excited.  They are not retiring.  Rick is just dying to self and will be back 50:50.  He makes weird hand gestures to explain this.  I don't understand them.

Jodi tearfully reads from Deuteronomy 8.  I think describing being a pastor's wife in Katy, Texas, as 40 years in the wilderness is quite rude.

Rick does his testimony.  He repeats John's claim that he (Rick) "hasn't taken an offering" in almost 30, oops over 25 (he can't remember) years.  But he does have a box in the back of the church where you can put cash after being implored, ordered, or bullied into doing so from the pulpit.  Semantics.  Apparently offerings are the cash and checks placed on collection plates when you pass them.  Offerings put in boxes don't count at all.

John promised us that he would preach again on August 4th.  If he did the video isn't up yet. 

Now I don't wish back pain and degenerating discs on anyone, even John Shrader.  But call me a bit skeptical about John's Godly diagnosis.  I've been watching his bids for attention and listening to his hyperbole for too long.

John was prancing around the stage like a hippo on crack 2 weeks ago and not showing any signs of serious back pain.  Now he is hobbling around with a cane and looking as though he is in SEVERE pain. 

But he's upstaging others as he ostentatiously hobbles around behind them while they talk.  Sit down, John!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is also my 40th wedding anniversary, what a coincidence.  

A very happy Ruby Anniversary to you and to Mr. P.! ? ?♥️ I hope you had a chance to celebrate. :)

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
emoji
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, thanks.  We celebrated with a very nice lunch out at a local museum restaurant.  We ate on the open air terrace overlooking a wonderful view.  We also indulged in a craft beer and a glass of wine with lunch and then visited an art exhibit at the museum.  We are obviously serious party animals. :D   

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Jodi tearfully reads from Deuteronomy 8.  I think describing being a pastor's wife in Katy, Texas, as 40 years in the wilderness is quite rude.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John was prancing around the stage like a hippo on crack 2 weeks ago

Laughed at both of these! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John was prancing around the stage like a hippo on crack 2 weeks ago and not showing any signs of serious back pain.  Now he is hobbling around with a cane and looking as though he is in SEVERE pain. 

But he's upstaging others as he ostentatiously hobbles around behind them while they talk.  Sit down, John!

I noticed that John was getting around very, very well in the first video. I try not to judge the amount of pain other people are in just by looking at someone, but he seemed to be getting along in a well, healthy way. But now that he's done this about face and is suddenly hobbling around with a cane and looking distressed, I'm comfortable saying that this injury just doesn't sit well with me. Wouldn't he be in MORE pain two weeks ago, closer to when he undertook a multi-leg airplane journey? Flying is always rough on me, and I'm well, surprised, that he appears to be in more pain even further out from his flights. And for Pete's sake, he went to a doctor about all this--you're telling me the doctor who diagnosed all this didn't send him away with a prescription for an anti-inflammatory?? 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

I think he’s putting on a show to move back to the US. 

I think so too. Plan A. He waited until Daddy dearest found some one with (hopefully) some work ethic to take over first. Now he can come back and not work - unless it's the marriage guidance etc thingie I suggested a few pages back. 

5 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Or just garner sympathy and more donations for them in Zambia.

This is plan B, in case Daddy dearest really really really doesn't want John the most blessed prodigal among prodigals to return. At all. Ever. 

The stick hobbling scenario works  well for both plans A and B.

• Upvote 2

I kind of hoping that Esther and the kids ONLY are the ones who come back and John is left by himself in Zambia...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I've left John crying in the wilderness for a few months, i.e., not checking in on the daily or sometimes even weekly.  Is Esther pregnant again?

The Katy church will never have John back, ever, or at least for as long as someone is there who can remember what John's really like. The door to the Katy sanctuary is shut, IMHO. 

John is stuck in Zambia, at least until the funding runs out.  It's amazing to me that people are still sending them money, but I suspect that some of that money has always been for Esther and the kids and not for John's chronically failed grand schemes.  

John's personality disorder(s)* ensure that he will never be employable in the US in any capacity.  Maybe when the kids are older, they can all pitch in and support the old man. 

*  I'm using "personality disorders" in the generic, rather than diagnostic, sense.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

Well I found John's sermon from August 4th.  They had a whole day of festivities it seems and John tosses a lot of verbal bouquets at Daddy while constantly complaining that he doesn't have enough time.  I missed out many of his complaints below.  He stands behind the podium with his cane leaning against it.  He's not prancing around this week.

But I want to know what he says to get these people to pay for his "mission."  Brace yourselves.

Intro:

• John complains that he doesn't have enough time.  In Africa they start at 9:00 am and go to 1:00 pm.  But he's not in Africa so he is having to be brief.
  • The show-off reads his poem for Rick.  At breakneck speed.

The sermon:

• Turn to Philippians Chapter 2.  For those heathens who didn't bring their own Bibles, there's one in the pew in front of you.
  • John is the father of soon to be 12 children.  So he likes Show and Tell.
  • And he's a missionary to Africa.  So be brought some stuff from that "land."
  • He's going to talk about the Past, the Present and the Future.

Argh!  He keeps sniffing or is just loud inhalations.  Whatever it is it is annoying.  He is talking very fast and unpacking objects as he talks.  We are only 5 minutes in, can I stand this?  I check, and see that, Praise Rufus, they limited him to 33 minutes for this sermon.

• In the past God has shown his faithfulness.
  • We thank God for the Pastor Rogers family (future?)
  • We thank God that Rick and Jodi aren't stopping just stepping back.

I bet we thank God for that, John.  Your gravy train needs to keep on going.

Spoiler

o-GRAVY-TRAIN-facebook.jpg

• He's going to talk about someone who isn't talked about much, because John is clever like that.

John make the name sound like AbafroTEYEdus.  I had to Google it phonetically.  He means Epaphroditus. https://biblespeak.org/epaphroditus-pronunciation/ If #12 is a boy this had better be his name, Johnny! 

•  Epaphroditus.  We need  Epaphrodituses.
  • Is your testimony like Epaphroditus?  Bow your heads.
  • Lord.  Thank you for this brief time for Johnny to pray for Tri-Country Baptist Church and the Lost that are in the church today.  Much emphasis on brief.

Perhaps he means the Lost are the people who don't support his mission.  Oh, well.  Here's the text of the day:  Philippians 2:25 KJV

Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

John has 5 things to say about this.  Epaphy was a:

1.  NecessiTEE.

2.  A brothAH!  And Johnny gets a bit confused between Paul and Jesus here.  Johnny, Paul picked Epaphy, not Jesus.  Insert rant about how everything these days has lack of purpose.  Prop #1 a mini dugout canoe carving.  Oh.  It reminds Johnny of the Ark.  JUDGEMENT!  Insert a story about how brave Johnny was to get in a dug-out canoe because he might have been eaten by a crocodile.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Are you IN Christ?  2 Corinthians 5:17.  Write this down!  He quotes it.  If you aren't IN Christ forgeddaboudit.

3.  A laborer.  This is Prop #2 being brandished.   Is it a broom?  Africans sweep their dirty yards so they can tell when snakes are around.  Cue John's spitting cobra story.  He wrestled with death again.  Oh, it's an adze.  John made Africans build a third church using adzes.  When one of the workers saw how much Johnny liked his adze he gave it to him.  Johnny took it, naturally.  He needs to find a way to replace it.  Pigs will fly if he replaces it. 

Spoiler

flyingpig-cover.png

There is a lot of labor to do.  There's a house and a trailer that need to be finished, say what!  Are you, TCB church, up to the labor?  Are you a necessiTEE to your pastors and church because Epaphy sure was?  Texts from Corinthians are now flying.  Take notes!  John is working with God.  It is a necessiTEE of spiritualiTEE.

4.  Fellow soldier.  Prop #3.  John unsheathes a wicked looking knife and waves it in the air.  He quotes one of his songs this time, gotta get a plug in for John's little ditties.  Will you be a fellow soldier, like Epaphy?  The power of God is not money.  Sorcerers and demons.  The greatest need of TCB is not money.  Satan is always fighting against us.  We don't have a lot of time so Johnny is being quick.  Ephesians 6:18.  We don't have time to talk about it today but we do.   The weapon of prayer.  Waves knife in the air again.  Don't pray for money.  He's all agitated now.  In Africa people get comfort from the Devil.  Plans, perspiration, pushes, prayer.  Satan is so good at hooking us in like fish.  John's greatest joy is bringing people to Christ.  Unless you have experienced it yourself you don't understand, my friends.  He's spitting again.  Gross.

5.  Your messenger.  Are YOU fighting that battle.  God made everyone fishers of men.  An atheist once said that if Hell and the Bible were true he'd be telling everyone about it.  That seems a non sequitur.  There have been a very few men that have been Epaphies to John's Dad.  John encourages TBC to minister to their pastors.  John has seen the battle as a pastors son and a pastor.  He knows.

Winding down.  Praise Rufus.  He wants to go back to the brother thing.  There are people here who are religious but might be lost.  John wants to say a couple more things though.  In Africa they have more time.  John has learned a lot.  In the past he tried to encourage some of his family members but failed.  His bros are Lost.  

Filthy rags.  We are all filthy rags.  Jesus can give you righteousness.  John doesn't have time today but let him know and he'll come and spend hours with you.  He did that with David.  Romans 10.

Is this the end?  He's been yapping for 28 minutes. No, John wants to share two more stories. 

In 2017 he went to a village.  Mr. Pinwell made him a cooking stick.  He waves it in the air -- but he doesn't have time to talk about cooking sticks.  People ran down the hill hoping John had something for them.  All he had was Salvation so the next time he came they didn't run down the hill.  Mr. Pinwell told him to keep coming though.  He wrote it on the cooking stick.  John would keep coming if Mr. Pinwell was the ONLY person who wanted to listen.  The name of Chisobe village literally means We. Are. Lost.  Now he is waving a piece of cloth around.  I don't know why.

One more story.  The change that God makes in people's lives.  We are finally at the Senior Chief.  Now John is waving a fly whisk in the air.  This isn't as nice as the chief's fly whisk.  The chief's is his scepter.  Quick diss of the chief's palace.  Well the chief arrived without his scepter.  And his advisers told him he was breaking protocol.  The chief knows that he can't bring his scepter to meet with the King of Kings.

Now he waves a clay pot in the air.  When clay pots crack they put wax on to hide it.  The word sincere means without wax.  When you are examined by the Son of God will you be found to be without wax?  Are you a cracked pot?  Now that was actually interesting.  Is that where the word  "crackpot" comes from? 

And we are done. He ran 3 minutes over.  

John Shrader, you are a crackpot.  A person who is eccentric, unrealistic, or fanatical.

I still don't get why these people support him.  And he says Africa instead of Zambia all the way through this.  

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 1

Dearly beloved,

John needs surgery.  And urgent prayers.  Well, Johnny.  All the best for your back surgery.  I mean that.  

It would be crass to inquire who is paying for this surgery.  And even more crass to inquire who will pay for the support of the rest of the family in Zambia while Johnny is recovering from surgery.  Let alone who will pay for the rest of the family to come home if John is unable to continue his "calling" in Africa.  

And it would be terrible to ask how he will support his family back in the USA without the glory of the mission field.  John is not a job-type person.

On the other hand, all his failures are now blamed on his bad back.  He has bravely pushed on in spite of pain.  He's had this bad back for 30 years but still thought it was a great idea to take his family to convert Zambia anyway.  And have 11 and counting children.

I can't help but think that the longer John is absent from Zambia the better.  Boyd may recover his senses and rebel.  And so may Johnny's gullible chief.

Urgent Prayer for Surgery for John Shrader, Missionary

Dearly Beloved,

Most of you have seen the previous posts requesting prayer regarding my health situation. I am scheduled (as of Tuesday, finalizing hopefully today) to fly out of Houston the 19th of this month, August, 2019, in order to have major back surgery to get three artificial replacement disks and addressing the danger I am in because because of severe stenosis, especially living and ministering in Africa.

I am posting jpgs of two letters, one from myself, and one from my pastors. My father Rick Shrader, founding pastor of our Sending Church, and now Associate Pastor, and our new Senior Pastor Stephen Rogers.

Both letters are available as a PDF, or if you need plain text, just please email or message me that request with your email included if you are not on our regular email list.

I am seriously and sincerely asking for your supplications regarding my situation dear saints, as we clearly have seen the Saviour steering our steps to where things stand now.

I plan, Lord willing, to return to Africa September 19th to continue my calling and ministry (though cautiously and carefully over the next year of recovery), and no matter what the outcome, we will give God the Glory He so richly deserves.

Humbly, yet amazed and joyful at what God is doing,

J.S.

I left off his phone numbers.

There are also a  prayer letter.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

No way, no chance will Johnboy be travelling hours on a plane back to Zambia on 19th September. His recovery will be 6 weeks minimum. Mine was without having artificial discs fitted. I have stenosis. I can sit on a plane but only in the aisle seat so I can get up and walk around when necessary. Unless John is fibbing about his treatment or is superhuman ( we know is is not!!) he will still be having Physiotherapy in September. Once a numpty always a Numpty John. 

Imo this heralds the end of John's Odessy in Zambia (and beyond)!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic