IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

^^^

Thanks. So he is still posting away privately.  But when was he last back in the States?  And how did he afford the Godly radiologist who gave him this diagnosis?

In other news he has made his latest newsletter public.  It is mostly boring refried news except for this bit right at the very end.  

He has supposedly succeeded in "registering Biblical Baptist Churches Mission of Zambia (BBCMZ) which will allow our family to be under the authority of our Sending Church in every respect, even our permits here, and also to have our church plants legally recognized by Zambia."

This puzzles me greatly and contradicts what John himself has claimed in the past about the Mother Church bodies.  I wonder whether he went private because we recently posted here that the legality of his church(es) was in doubt.  He needed to think about how to reframe his position to the donors.

But it could be one of John Shrader's big fat lies for the Lord.  I need to do some research. ;)

Can you post a screenshot of the newsletter? Some of us have been banned.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

So Esther is pregnant with number 12? I should be more surprised. The announcement is just after the 5 minute mark. He mentions their 11.2 kids and says Esther is pregnant again and this is the longest gap they’ve ever had between children. 

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
Added details
  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 2
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Me thinks he is still looking for a way out of Zambia. Degenerative discs/spines are no joke. If he leaves now Daddy wont expect him to work on arrival home in the US because of his back. John will "work" for Daddy. He will really whine and play the sympathy card for a few months... Then home! Nice cushy life, writing pomes and setting himself up as counsellor/marriage advice type person living in a Keller style home in the grounds of Daddy's church. 

Sorted.........

I'm not sure the church would continue to support him if he's in the US, on site. It's a lot easier to avoid knowing that he's an arrogant lazy waste of space when he's on the other side of the world. Even having ruined his back in the service of missionarying probably won't garner him that much support, particularly if there's no flourishing church left behind that he can point to. I suspect the bad back is more going to be the ongoing excuse as to why the church is not in fact flourishing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm not sure the church would continue to support him if he's in the US, on site. It's a lot easier to avoid knowing that he's an arrogant lazy waste of space when he's on the other side of the world. Even having ruined his back in the service of missionarying probably won't garner him that much support, particularly if there's no flourishing church left behind that he can point to. I suspect the bad back is more going to be the ongoing excuse as to why the church is not in fact flourishing.

I do agree somewhat. BUT when John starts asking for adult nappy's in his blessing barrels from home Daddy shrader will talk the sheeple into continued support. That's why I suggested that John will council/marriage guide etc. He will be giving back something "useful" for his grifting loot. 

I have to add here that IF John gets to the point of iffy bowel control then he will have to leave. Who is going to " care "for him!!!!!

This conversation is yukky. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I’m a bit confused. There is a video of John preaching in Texas. Is he home right now? Is this when he saw the radiologist (whom I’m not sure can diagnose a person, but ok)... and is this indeed a new pregnancy announcement from them or is this old footage? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have a degenerative disc/spinal problem. The Radiologist explained my MRI scan. The Rheumatology Professor explained everything else. 

I doubt that John saw only a Radiologist?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m a bit confused. There is a video of John preaching in Texas. Is he home right now? Is this when he saw the radiologist (whom I’m not sure can diagnose a person, but ok)... and is this indeed a new pregnancy announcement from them or is this old footage? 

I wondered that too, but he specifically mentions already having 11 kids and the info on YouTube said it was an update from 07.07.19. He also mentions that Enoch is 16 and says Alatheia is 15 and will be coming with Esther in September to meet the new pastor, a Pastor Rogers. Judging by all these things, it’s a new pregnancy announcement. 

If she is 2 months pregnant that would mean she’s due in February 2020 and there would be 25 months between this child and their youngest which is indeed the longest gap between Shrader kids. 

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
Added ages of kids
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I’m in a closed FB group that reposts fundie stuff and saw John lamenting his poor back, potentially leading to loss of control of the bladder and/or bowels. That, combined with the latest blessing, just makes me think yet again, “poor Esther.”

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

You know, if you've got serious degenerative spinal issues, already have 11 children, and are the sole provider for 13 people, maybe, just maybe, put off having #12 until things are looking less serious. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You know, if you've got serious degenerative spinal issues, already have 11 children, and are the sole provider for 13 people, maybe, just maybe, put off having #12 until things are looking less serious. 

Probably a bit late for that now... although not too late to prevent #13 from being conceived. I don't know whether to hope John's issues are severe enough to require them to return to the US or not. On the one hand that would be good for Zambia. On the other that family are going to be even worse off if their sole breadwinner is unable to... raise money. I can't in good conscience call what he does now "working".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

John's bad back certainly doesn't prevent him from doing something he likes to do a lot!!!!

.....off to prayer closet... 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

On 7/22/2019 at 12:29 AM, Alice in Fundieland said:

So Esther is pregnant with number 12? I should be more surprised. The announcement is just after the 5 minute mark. He mentions their 11.2 kids and says Esther is pregnant again and this is the longest gap they’ve ever had between children. 

I'll attempt a summary for those who don't have 50 minutes to spare.  I was multitasking when I listened to this video so I skipped over big chunks of Bible-thumping and excessive mentions of Satan.

Family news:

• John is back in Katy, TX on furlough.  Probably desperately trying to drum up $$ support.
  • He has Enoch and Timothy in tow.  Timothy got told off for not smiling.
  • Esther will be back in the US in September with Aletheia and Nehemiah in tow.  (JRod will really have to fast-forward Nurie's wedding if Esther is going to be a bridesmaid.)
  • Esther is 0.2 preggers with #12.  I'm surprised it took so long.  So is John.
  • All the boys have good strong Bible names.
  • Girls have Greek names. He explains them.  He nearly forgets poor Agape.

Some gleanings of Tri-County Baptist News:

• Welcome Pastor Rogers, Sis Becky, and family to Tri-County.
  • Apparently Daddy Rick (who wants to retire) has found a co-pastor to help him out.
  • If Daddy retires completely this may have negative implications for Johnny.
  • So lots and lots of brown-nosing of Pastor Rogers.  Gotta keep him sweet if the $$ are still to roll on Johnny's direction. 
  • Lots of brown-nosing of others in the congregation too.  By name.

The Introduction of the Saviour John.

• John is the Firstborn.  (He forgot to mention he was premature.)
  • Letter written in blood left on Rick's windshield threatening his life.
  • Satan failed to kill precious Johnny though.

The Sermon:

• H.E.L.P.S.  (but he can't be bothered to explain it.)
  • They are not under a Mission Board!  They are not Biblical! Parachurch organisations are ebil and lead missionaries astray. 
  • John knows.  If you don't know the family's history John is "not going to take the time to recount it."  It doesn't take long to say "I was fired," Johnny.
  • Pastor Rogers apparently gave the congregation an outline yesterday where he stressed:
  1. Authority
  2. Accountability
  3. Assistance
  • I'm quite interested in this.  Perhaps Pastor Rogers is going to crack the whip over John.
  • John says he will talk about all of these things later.  Spoiler.  he doesn't.
  • But now John wants to talk about the Place, the Purpose, the Printing, the People, and the Priority. 

Crap, we are only 8 minutes in.  John's yelling is making my ears bleed.  He talks very fast and keeps going off on tangents.  At about the 15 minute mark he disses Donald Trump.  "The reports of his conversion may be greatly exaggerated."   I hate it when I agree with Shrader about anything.  John says we should pray for Trump because he is in authority over us.  No thanks.

Around the 24 minute mark he disses the SBC.  Sounds like both the local SBC church and the leadership.  They are "sketchy" about "Hom-oh-SEX-you-ali-teee" and compromise too much!

Around the 25 minute mark he attacks the "Independent Baptists."  And goes on a long rant about Satanic music.  This apple hasn't fallen far from Gothard's tree after all.

At the 28 minute mark he talks about his back.

Around the 36 minute mark he talks about the village in Mulama being attacked by Satan, in the form of witch doctor symbols being left on the platform of the Pentecostal church over the road.  And he chucks Roderick under the bus again.  At least, I think he means Roderick.  So, because Johnny wasn't informed in a timely manner that the Head Man's wife was seeking the "Truth" she died.  Of the other converts there:

• The Head Man (who gave them the land, per John originally, IIRC) only came to church once and is now a drunk.
  • His wife is Burning in Hell right now, to John's knowledge!
  • Either Phellion or David has gone off into polygamy.
  • There are only two faithful men left.
  • Satan is going after the precious children.

He hisses and spits a lot.  He yells at the congregation for not finishing his sentences for him loudly enough.  He's running out of time.

At the 41 minute mark he shuffles and pulls out a piece of paper from his Bible that he "has been praying about for four years" and waves it in the air dramatically.  He doesn't explain what it is.  I suspect it is "proof" that his churches are "legal."  I hope the congregation looks at it carefully because, as we know, John has faked documents before.

On to the Western Province church plant.  Bro. Boyd, blah blah. 

John's preaching again on August 4th.  He has another church plant planned.  This will the fourth and he'll tell us all about his tame chief then.  The chief fears God and John has a photo of him bowing his head.

Four minutes to go -- he's speeding along now.

Next slides.  Printing.  Pray for the machines.  The People.  Apparently the "people" means women.  Pray for them.  Oh, and Robert.  The educated refugee.  Run, Robert, run.  Don't help John "open up" Burundi and the Congo.

The four "remains."  Emmanuel, Boyd, Paul and Whyte.  John now claims that Paul and Whyte are Roderick's brothers.  Odd that they don't share Roderick's last name.  Praise for Boyd.  I hope Boyd is planning an insurrection while John is back in the States.

And we are in the final stretch.  Praise the Lord. The Priority is Souls.  People are dying every day. Prayer.  Tri-County is the Shraders biggest supporter.  We had rather guessed that.

And John finishes and the congregation is all going to eat brisket for lunch.  AY-men.

My ears are ringing with the sound of John's voice spewing out Righteousness, Salvation, Repentance, Fruit, Biblical Prosperity and so on.  I don't get his charisma as a preacher.  He seems to go off on tangents all the time and I find that irritating.  He also paced around and gesticulated far too much for someone with bad back pain.

And he didn't discuss Authority and Accountability at all.  Although he definitely berated people for not Assisting enough.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 24
  • Love 2

I wonder if Pastor Rogers will continue supporting John in the manner to which he is accustomed, accountability be damned.  He might now understand why John was sent to Zambia in the first place, and decide it is wiser to keep him there. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

But if daddy retires... the church/ pastor Rogers may not feel guilt to continue to support his psychotic international ballyhoo... idk... curiouser and curiouser...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Pastor Rogers is certainly a wild card.  Most people eventually see through Johnny so I expect Shrader is trying his best to convince Rogers that he is a brilliant missionary while he can.  Time will tell, and Pastor Rogers may fall for the bullcrap.

Rogers is a bit of a mystery.   John said Bro. Rogers has a website but I haven't found it yet.   I did a quick search and his first name is probably Steve.  He could be this guy https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-rogers-21397374/ but it is a common name.

Tri-County is now putting their sermons on youtube so that is a big change from the past.  Looks like Pastor Rogers has about 7 blessings who sing earsplitting specials in bad harmony.  And here is Pastor Steve in action.  I'm sermoned out after Johnny's ranting but enjoy! 

Spoiler

Back to John's mission report again.  He said several times that raising money is easy for him to do.  We had noticed, Johnny.  And I did not miss that the mini-bus has joined your fleet of vehicles.  So you now have the Troupie, a mini-bus, and Esther's little car.  What happened to the trailer and are the wings on the plane yet?

So raising money and grifting vehicles is not an issue.  But he also claimed that not a single person in the Kafue church congregation had a full time job, stressed their poverty, and dissed their educational system.  Actually Zambia could definitely improve the educational system, but I expect Paul and Whyte are a lot better educated than Enoch and Timothy. 

As for girls in Africa, one of the big issues hampering their education is the lack of sanitary protection.  Without it they have to stay home from school when they have a period.  A good organisation worthy of support and replication is this one:  https://www.afripads.com/

But don't help them out with donations.  Rufus forbid.

Instead send Bibles, tracts, and money and barrels of goodies for Johnny.  Africans need to save from the few dollars they earn to build their own churches before they die.  Being exposed to John's version of the Gospel is far more important than sanitary protection and a decent education.   

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

I was intrigued when John went through the girls names and he pronounced Alatheia as a-LAY-theia... I always thought it was pronounced Al-a-THE-uh?  Am I alone in this?

• I Agree 6

I can see pastor Rogers quickly tiring of John like most do or demand some form of accountability. This change might put a kink in John's plans.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I can see pastor Rogers quickly tiring of John like most do or demand some form of accountability. This change might put a kink in John's plans.

Please Deer Rufus, let it be so.  Ham Mercury on the Zambians. ( used it now. Haha. Won't do again).

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, missy1228 said:

I was intrigued when John went through the girls names and he pronounced Alatheia as a-LAY-theia... I always thought it was pronounced Al-a-THE-uh?  Am I alone in this?

I always pronounced it how he did. *shrug*

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, missy1228 said:

Nope.  But both the spelling and the pronunciation are unusual.  John would claim that he is both spelling and pronouncing it right because he "studied"  Greek for his fake Masters degree in Biblical Studies.

I would spell it Aletheia.  And would pronounce it A-LEE-thia.  But I don't know,  I've also heard it pronounced  Al-a-THE-uh, as you say.  I am not Greek.

And it is a bit like Hawkeye and BJ pronouncing Honoria to rhyme with Gonorrhea. 

So let A-LAY-thia pronounce it John's her way.

Disclaimer:  I actually love the girls' Greek names but also pity them.  I'm sure Charis will have people pronouncing the "H" in her name.  I hate when John says "So-PHEEE-ah!" and poor Agape will probably go through life saying "Aga-PAY, not A-gape."

We should start a pool in case the #12 Shrader sprog is a girl.

It has to be a Greek name.  Channeling Johnny I fancy Anasthesia – meaning Resurrection.  Or Chloe – meaning fertile maiden.

But it would give me great joy if John picked Eleftheria.  It means freedom and liberty. All Shrader's children need that.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I dearly hope so.  John seems to wear out most people so I hope Pastor Rogers will be one of them.

But I still can't believe that Shrader even got to Kafue in the first place.  And survived being dumped by Valley Baptist.  And survived Roderick and Handia's valiant attempts to evict him.

What the holy heck will it take to bring him down!  I swear, Satan (who I don't believe in) has John Shrader's back.  He has the luck of the devil!

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Disclaimer:  I actually love the girls' Greek names but also pity them.  I'm sure Charis will have people pronouncing the "H" in her name.  I hate when John says "So-PHEEE-ah!" and poor Agape will probably go through life saying "Aga-PAY, not A-gape."

Could be worse , Could be AGayPee

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

We should start a pool in case the #12 Shrader sprog is a girl.

It has to be a Greek name.  Channeling Johnny I fancy Anasthesia – meaning Resurrection.  Or Chloe – meaning fertile maiden.

But it would give me great joy if John picked Eleftheria.  It means freedom and liberty. All Shrader's children need that.

Eleftheria would be great, if only the kids actually got some of that freedom. Anyway, if #12 is a girl I'm predicting Irene (peace) or Zoe (life).

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I know it was about time but still such a shame that they are having another baby.

I agree that the names are cool, sound to me like a character in a fantasy novel, but i find them too weird to use on a real child, not that they will have problems like bullying since they dont go to school, but i bet it gets anoying after a while to explain the name to every person they meet. Well except Sophia that its so normal. Its weird how they went for Agape and Alatheia before considering Sophia, or Irene.

• Upvote 3

I hope they go with ether the original version of Irene, Eirene. I've always loved that name. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic