IGNORED

John Shrader 17: Boring Poems and I know it was you, Fredo

samurai_sarah

Bro. Theophil Nussbaumer is referenced in the March-June 2018 newsletter as being in the Bible Training program, along with Bro. Boyd.  That was over a year ago.  Bro Theophil has no presence on social media or the internet. 

#WhereIsBro.Theophil? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, EyesOpen said:

Sure is quiet on the biblical, historical, truthful, unequivocal Baptist western front...

That's because Shrader is "on safari" and visiting Victoria Falls with his new BFF Ted.  They must need a a bit of R&R after that huge conference.  Johnny hasn't had to work so diligently at making other people to do the hard labor for years.  FYI, I started a separate thread for Bro Alexander as his progress through Europe could be interesting and his Facebook is rewarding.  (Do check out the caterpillar munching video.)

Well, it looks as though they managed to bus in quite a few people for the "Thy Word is Truthiness" conference.  More than I expected, but less than the projected "dozens."  Although we don't have any photo evidence of the conference yet so perhaps they got more than 25.  I expect the free food helped swell the crowd. 

So John now has a new porch (built by Enoch, when does that kid do any homeschooling?), new church latrines (dug by the converts), and some temporary shower stalls (can't possibly have the locals sharing his bathroom), and the "Youth" are printing and stapling all his tracts.  John likes work.  It fascinates him.  He can sit and look at other people do it for hours. (Thanks, Jerome K. Jerome.)

I wonder who paid for all that matting.  And when did he manage to grift all those expensive tents?  I thought he only bought 2 when they were on sale.

My sincere hope is that Bro Theophil was just on a short-term misscation and vamoosed back to Canada months ago.  I mean, the kid was probably all hot to trot at the thought of converting people himself, and ended up as merely John's trainee in the Bible Study group.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, it looks as though they managed to bus in quite a few people for the "Thy Word is Truthiness" conference.  More than I expected, but less than the projected "dozens."  Although we don't have any photo evidence of the conference yet so perhaps they got more than 25.  I expect the free food helped swell the crowd. 

Does it seem weird to you that they have this huge conference build up, lots of photos of the preparation abd then... crickets? I'm not convinced anyone came from outside.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It won't let me share the post for some reason but Bro. Ted has a picture on his instagram which you can see by going to his Twitter. There does seem to be around thirty people who came. 

https://twitter.com/NeedrevivalTed

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Does it seem weird to you that they have this huge conference build up, lots of photos of the preparation abd then... crickets? I'm not convinced anyone came from outside.

Yes and no.  Remember John is off showing Ted the sights at the moment.  Victoria Falls and probably a pilgrimage to the Livingstone memorial.  If we go by John's usual pattern of behavior, he'll see Ted off at the airport and collapse into bed for a week.  Then he'll tell us how ill he's been and how his back hurts and post lots of boastful stuff and many pics.  We joke about John not working but when something interests him, like this conference, he does turn into the Energizer Bunny.  He's been frantically busy bossing everyone around and is probably genuinely tired now. 

Sorry to backtrack to things you all have already discussed, but in catching up with this thread I noticed a couple of questions I can answer.

John now calling himself "Interim Pastor."  Yes, he started that about 3 months ago, shortly after we tweaked him here about not being consistent with his sales pitch when on Deputation. Satan often makes John read here so I don't think the change was a coincidence.  He also knows some of his donors read FJ. 

Remember, back on Deputation he was all about training national pastors to run their own churches but he has never successfully trained a single one.  Nor has he ever turned over a church to a national. He makes it very clear that Roderick and now Boyd work for him not with him, but the "interim" suggests that he intends to turn over the Kafue church sometime in the future.  That is -- when pigs fly.  I expect he'll claim that Boyd has been possessed by Satan soon.  He's due to fall from John's grace.

The Mulamba Village Church Plant (Grace Baptist Church) being in freefall and battling Satan.   It was only a matter of time.  Odd though.  It was only recently that John claimed Grace Baptist Church in Mulamba (along with Truth Church in Kafue) voted unanimously to send their collection money to help build the new church in the Western Province.

That April Fool's Day post and John's latest version of the founding of the church was very interesting.  John has told so many porkies about Grace Church and Bros. Phellion and David I don't think even he can remember the real facts.

I understand that Shrader considers his donors to be gullible fools, but we at FJ are not fools.  I also have a memory like an average elephant.  And we have an excellent search function here so we can easily check the details of his past versions of the story.  

On 4/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, formergothardite said:

I could have this wrong, I'll have to check later, but I think Rodrick helped get this church started or introduced John to the people who helped get it started. John has been very, very nasty about Rodrick so if the village knows him I wouldn't be surprised that they have rejected John. 

Roderick was indeed central.  So was Jacqueline.  Phellion is her brother.    John was very dependent on Roderick and Jacqueline's many family connections in the early days.

I tried to make this short but failed!

The very first version of John's story had Phellion and David VERY coincidentally finding a tract containing Roderick's testimony.  They then walked all the way from Mulamba to Kafue (uphill and in snow) to find the White Pastor who could tell them the True Way.  Phellion and David then invited these total strangers (John and Roderick) back to Mulamba.  God immediately made the headman give them the land to build the church and they made about 10 converts, including 5 children.  God did wage war with Satan (in the form of a retired policeman in the village, Mr McCan) but God prevailed.  Poor Mr McCan.  He put up a good fight because he smelled a rat in John.  This was in 2016.

John later accidentally let the relationship between Phellion and Roderick and Jacqueline slip out.  That was version two of the story.  Not nearly as miraculous as the first.

Roderick was the one who did all the heavy lifting at Mulamba.  He went out there at least 2 x a month.  John and family went a couple of times.  John managed to grift a few "village chickens" on one visit.  Because why shouldn't he take gifts from converts living in grinding poverty.

When John turned on Roderick and co, and the brown matter hit the revolving object in December 2017, John claimed that Phellion and David were still loyal.  We wondered because Phellion was Roderick's BIL.  John then stopped mentioning them on Facebook.  It was clear by July 2018 that Phellion at least had escaped.  There were no mentions or photos of him or David Banda in a Shrader visit to Mulamba in September 2018.  John claimed that everything was fine in Mulamba though.

Contrast that with this April Fool's revisionist shit:

We have been visiting, preaching, laboring, and praying for this place for now more than three years, but Satan has seemingly strategically won battle after battle.

The first battle lost was that we didn't hear of their interest in God's Word for eight months, due to the lust and rebellion of a former member here in Kafue. Though we were told the wife of the headman was looking for the truth in church after church, she died in the hospital in Lusaka as we ended our first visit. To our knowledge and deep sadness, she never heard the Pure Gospel.

The mention of lust usually implies that the former member was poor Arcade.  Everything is always his fault.  Although perhaps John is saying Roderick should have introduced him to Phellion earlier but was lusting after Jacqueline for 8 months and forgot.  I don't know.

Then, one of the two men who initially invited us and used to travel with us as we went outward from Muteneka Village, Mulamba, also completely rebelled against and rejected the Word of God. His wickedness has now continued for more than one year.

We have lovingly rebuked and patiently exhorted the small handful of believers here time after time. We pray for them weekly as a church in Kafue.

It begs the question -- why then didn't John chuck Phellion under the bus last year?   And whatever happened to loyal David Banda? 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

John really can't keep converts for any amount of time. Seeing John directing folks to do all the work to make his dreams come true makes me wonder how long the current converts will stay. Being around John must be exhausting. 

John will never, ever turn control of the churches over to the people of Zambia. He will remain interim pastor for the rest of his days here,

I wonder if any of his supporters caught on that his story about the church changed and didn't add up. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

We have lovingly rebuked and patiently exhorted the small handful of believers here time after time. We pray for them weekly as a church in Kafue.

Anyone like to speculate on how the rebuking and exhorting play out in real life? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

There is a David Livingstone memorial statue by the ticket booth at Victoria falls. They don't have to travel far to find it! The statue is quite large. The tourists with cameras are a clue John!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John really can't keep converts for any amount of time. Seeing John directing folks to do all the work to make his dreams come true makes me wonder how long the current converts will stay. Being around John must be exhausting. 

John will never, ever turn control of the churches over to the people of Zambia. He will remain interim pastor for the rest of his days here,

I wonder if any of his supporters caught on that his story about the church changed and didn't add up. 

He burns his adult converts out with all his demands and temper tantrums.  The youth tend to hang around longer.  For example, Emmanuel and Whyte have been around for ages, but that may change if he keeps making them staple tracts. 

And there is no doubt in my mind that he exploited Roderick and is now exploiting Boyd.  There is no way Boyd can hold down a job in Kafue with John constantly sending him off to the Western Province.  He also dissuaded Roderick from getting a better job but gave him a small  allowance.  I expect Boyd is now financially dependent on John too.

I doubt that most of his supporters notice or care that John's stories change constantly and that he is always spinning tales.  He has scrubbed a lot of stuff from Facebook.  That's why we document it here.

He has plausible deniability for a lot of his lies by omission.   And his donors are fully brainwashed into believing that John is wonderful and that all Africans are, at best, totally unreliable and, at worst, unredeemable sinners. 

A lot of these IFB missionaries to Africa constantly complain that African converts revert to heathen practices as soon as the Great White Pastor takes their eyes off them.  John believes that too and will never relinquish control.

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

Anyone like to speculate on how the rebuking and exhorting play out in real life? 

We have been told by a couple of apparently reliable sources that John having a temper tantrum is not someone you want to be around.  At all.  I expect he rages and threatens them with hell fire rather than gently rebuking them,  

41 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

There is a David Livingstone memorial statue by the ticket booth at Victoria falls. They don't have to travel far to find it! The statue is quite large. The tourists with cameras are a clue John!!!

Sorry, to be scrupulously fair to Shrader that was my bad writing.  John does know where that statue is because he's been there before.  I should have said "Victoria Falls, probably as a pilgrimage to the Livingstone Memorial." :)

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Complete rubbish. I say no more than a handful of people showed up or he’d be shouting from the manic rooftops. Can not believe his followers don’t call BS on these radio silent events.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

He did actually have around 30 people. The guest speaker posted pictures on his Twitter. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Yep, around 30 manly men are shown in Ted's Tweets.

John himself hasn't bother to update his fan club with new photos but he posted this yesterday.

Thankful for this memory that popped up from a time of trial we were going through four years ago...the Lord encouraged me with its reminder today.

This content isn't available right now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

What a party pooper.

However, this was around the time that Esther was way overdue with Isaiah Kasimpe, and I was curious.  So I let my fingers do some walking to find out which of Satan's many attacks on John this was.

And I am still none the wiser.  On May 13, 2016 he was asking for fervent prayers because of some unspecified attack that he never explained.  And: 

I am incapable and unable to accomplish the work needed here.

I am willing to do whatever God wants me to do, without fame or name.

Well, yes, to the first sentence and could have fooled me on the second. 

Isaiah was eventually born on June 2nd.  I wonder whether Satan attacks whenever John gets jealous of Esther getting attention.

This is the relevant page if anyone is interested in a trip down memory lane.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Bro John may be having the fantods because Ted is so much better at just everything than him.  

Call me wicked if you must,  but it would be a great plot twist if Esther ran away with Bro. Ted. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Poor Poor Esther, rotten Husbsnd, dreadful father and Mother. That poor girl has had no luck in life at all. I hope her children will eventually realise just what a loser their father is and look after Esther as she deserves to be looked after. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Call me wicked if you must,  but it would be a great plot twist if Esther ran away with Bro. Ted. 

Bro. Ted already has a wife so that would be a major scandal. ;)

29 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Poor Poor Esther, rotten Husbsnd, dreadful father and Mother. That poor girl has had no luck in life at all. I hope her children will eventually realise just what a loser their father is and look after Esther as she deserves to be looked after. 

Sometimes I feel very, very, sorry for Esther.  I can't imagine how awful it must be to be married to Shrader.  And she is stuck in Kafue with limited options for escape.   

And sometimes I think she is just as much of a purveyor of the poisoned koolaid as Johnny, and needs to take responsibility for her own actions.  It really depends on my mood.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

John is back from safari, has had a nice rest, and has been reading here again.  He's posting up a storm on facebook. 

He had fifty, FIFTY!!!!!1111!!!!!! men come to the conference.  You doubters!  I haven't had time to do a head count in the photos yet.

Oh and 12 precious ladies and many youth helped out.

And he helpfully reminded me that Paul is still a hanger-on.  I'd forgotten him although I mentioned Emmanuel and Whyte recently.

John Esther Shrader

Yesterday at 8:43 PM · 

Left to Right: Emmanuel, Boyd, Ted Alexander, myself, Whyte and Paul

Can't wait to see what God will do with these faithful men in the future! They have stood firm and are striving together with us for the Faith of the Gospel.

There is also another group coming up behind them, time always tells, but my heart is rejoicing as I see these men truly standing alone for Christ against their culture, and even family, as they love and serve and follow their Savior.

How blessed we are.

- js

How blessed indeed.

Please pray for Robert Rogma's successful escape from John's clutches.  He's a new convert.

John Esther Shrader

Yesterday at 9:06 PM · 

Please pray for Robert Rugema!!

He has traveled the world, to the U.S., Switzerland, Germany, and other places.

Originally from the Congo, he returned home from teaching in Germany to find his father murdered for supporting the wrong political party. He was also being sought, so he fled, first through Rwanda and then into Tanzania, finally ending up in Lusaka, Zambia.

He contacted us through a piece of our Gospel tracts and materials that we print here, and we had the glorious privilege of sharing with him the "Gospel of Christ" in which the "righteousness of God" is "revealed" (Romans 1:16,17).

Robert was religious, but lost, not knowing of God's righteousness, so he was "going about to establish (his) own righteousness," and had not "submitted unto the Righteousness of God" (Romans 10:1-3).

We joyously saw him do just that, and are thrilled to see his joy in, and love for Christ and His Words.

We were able to give him a French Bible from B.E.A.M.S., and the ABC's Discipleship curriculum, also translated into French! His English is very good, but he needs our prayers as he seeks refugee status here in Zambia.

Please fervently pray for this dear new brother. He is attending our church as we continue to disciple and train him in the Word of God!

js

And also for Enoch and Raphael. And for Mr. Givens and Kelvin, that they may see the light and run far away from the church of Shrader.

He's not throwing stones, people.  The man that once boasted of 14 converts in 6 months is pouring out his heart and praying that other "Baptist" missionaries are not playing the numbers game.

Four posts in 24 hours, bless John's busy little heart.

Edited by Palimpsest
Trying and failing to fix formatting and hide images
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Oops, I missed that they had a FULL BUS on the Sunday after the conference.  And a video.  Turn your sound down:

• Thank You 3

On 5/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, Palimpsest said:

Yep, around 30 manly men are shown in Ted's Tweets.

John himself hasn't bother to update his fan club with new photos but he posted this yesterday.

What a party pooper.

However, this was around the time that Esther was way overdue with Isaiah Kasimpe, and I was curious.  So I let my fingers do some walking to find out which of Satan's many attacks on John this was.

And I am still none the wiser.  On May 13, 2016 he was asking for fervent prayers because of some unspecified attack that he never explained.  And: 

Well, yes, to the first sentence and could have fooled me on the second. 

Isaiah was eventually born on June 2nd.  I wonder whether Satan attacks whenever John gets jealous of Esther getting attention.

This is the relevant page if anyone is interested in a trip down memory lane.

Y'all thought of it first:  Capitol Steps (U.S. political comedy troupe) announced their 2019 summer tour schedule about six weeks ago.  Titled Lyin Kings ?

For both John-boy and the state of U.S. politics at the moment, the phrase is apt and entertaining.

• Upvote 3

#WhereIsBroTheophil?  After this, Ima hafta assume he's back at home in Canada. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

and has been reading here again.

Now if he would just share what happened to brother Theo! 

That video of them singing with hand motions gave me flashbacks to my teen years having to do that and hating it. 

I see in the van video John brought back his fake Zambian accent. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Now if he would just share what happened to brother Theo! 

As I may have mentioned, I need new glasses.  But I can't spot Theo in any of these photos.

#WhereisBroTheophil.

I'm beginning to think John ate him.  No-one has sent Shrader any beef jerky recently.

• Haha 10

The last time there was a Bro. Theo spotting it was in a video I think last summer. The video had pictures moving slowly on the screen except for the pictures that contained Bro. Theo which went really fast. I get the impression that Bro. Theo is dead to John and he wants us all to forget about him. But we never forget! 

• Upvote 3

"but this brother came at just the right time with his sweet daughter Joelle, whose desire for a missions trip initiated their coming!"

So... tax dodge? Just let the poor girl go backpacking, sheesh!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

"but this brother came at just the right time with his sweet daughter Joelle, whose desire for a missions trip initiated their coming!"

So... tax dodge? Just let the poor girl go backpacking, sheesh!

Be fair.  Before the safari and the luxury tour of Scotland, England, Paris, Italy and Germany, the girl ate a caterpillar for God.  That makes it a missions trip even without a backpack.

• Haha 7

Sounds like Bro John has a huge man-crush on Bro Ted!

Should we be worried?? ?

In any case, at the rate he's running off at the mouth, it won't be long before he takes to his  ?  crying copious amounts of tears as he struggles to deal with his broken body.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic