IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

Surely Abbie is also pregnant after the picture of the 3 Duggar wives [2 of whom have since announced]...?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Interesting that they revealed a name for the first pregnancy that she lost. It's not what I would have expected from them, but it will be interesting to see if the style of name continues to this baby. I hope she has a safe pregnancy/birth.

Also, it's entirely possible the remaining 3 that have not announced anything (Jill, Jinger and Abbie) could be in early stages of pregnancies. Though we may not hear anything until after Jessa gives birth, I'm still holding out for the ultimate babypocalyse photo. 5 of them is still way to many.

• Upvote 9

Well, there goes my theory that they wouldn't refer to it as baby #2. That's awkward af. Do you keep it up so that in 20 years you're still explaining how you are on baby #40 but only have 39 kids? I can't imagine having to tell people about an early miscarriage 20 years later because I decided to keep it in my count.

Well we should gear up for an Abbie announcement. She's the last of the 3 from the picture that got everyone speculating in the first place.

• Upvote 36

If this was a non fundie couple referring this as baby #2 it wouldnt bother me but since these fundies are quantity over quality. It just strikes me wrong like "oh we could have been on baby #2 if we didnt marry miscarry!"

That's my 2 cents anyway.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Well, there goes my theory that they wouldn't refer to it as baby #2. That's awkward af. Do you keep it up so that in 20 years you're still explaining how you are on baby #40 but only have 39 kids? I can't imagine having to tell people about an early miscarriage 20 years later because I decided to keep it in my count.

Well we should gear up for an Abbie announcement. She's the last of the 3 from the picture that got everyone speculating in the first place.

That's okay, she won't have to explain much because people will assume she lost count with so many anyway. Lauren had a rough start but could still be well on her way to super high numbers. She, Kendra and Joy are my candidates for Michelle #2 at the time being. Personality-wise, my money would actually be on Lauren. My guess is that Kendra will slow down if she has a difficult pregnancy/birth. As far as Joy goes- she doesn't strike me as level-tempered as Lauren and I somehow don't see her husband being happy with 20 kids. We'll see. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

They better get going on the 5x preggers pic because Jessa is due soon.  

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

These are pictures from the TLC video. They already set up the nursery 

Hide contents

7F8AC743-A09B-4036-A9CE-3035D7332A4D.thumb.jpeg.4dafe3803053bc0360487954fe4bedc0.jpeg

45035F4F-7578-466B-944F-3B04FADB719F.thumb.jpeg.a99d85bab4645b66df9d306051c00f7f.jpeg

B57F7BC2-96F9-4FB8-A4EA-F0C62B6F42AA.thumb.jpeg.8eee005661d53cd9636ca00b00170254.jpeg

can anyone make out a due date from the ultrasound? There's other pics of it on TLC's website

I'm curious about the name Asa. For a scandinavian like me, it sounds like Åsa (quite common first name here), but I think that might be just a coincidence. Does anyone know more about that name? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 19 May 2019 at 4:13 PM, xenobia said:

I have no problem with not posting about what's going on on other forums here, including discussion about possible pregnancies. For me personally it's not like kids are a big interest - I'm childfree by choice. So I'm totally fine with not bringing that up in the future. It's not questions about fertility that made me start posting here, it was an interest in the theological and practical aspects of being a fundie (I have a university degree in theology, and have read about american fundamentatlists from that perspective). 

..and speaking of theology, you are correct. I had to look this up in english, since it's not my first language.  

1 Corinthians 11:6 "For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head".

and later on in the same chapter: 

"Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering".

I'm confused. Is her Hair her covering? If so why cover her hair? I don't understand hair covering at all really.  If it it her crowning Glory then shouldn't it be shown because Gid gave it to her? I've truly puzzled about this for years. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'm confused. Is her Hair her covering? If so why cover her hair? I don't understand hair covering at all really.  If it it her crowning Glory then shouldn't it be shown because Gid gave it to her? I've truly puzzled about this for years. 

It specifically requires hair to be covered while praying or prophesying. Some people cite the verse saying to "pray continually" as a reason why women should always wear a head covering, but others only require it in church or while praying.

And they believe that a woman's body in general is something beautiful that God gave to her, but that doesn't mean they believe women should be going around naked everywhere!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

A woman with long hair is covered, a woman with short hair isn't. So if you've got really long hair, you're safe. And "a woman hair is her glory". So we won't see any Duggar related women with short hair unless they break free in other ways as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, xenobia said:

A woman with long hair is covered, a woman with short hair isn't. So if you've got really long hair, you're safe. And "a woman hair is her glory". So we won't see any Duggar related women with short hair unless they break free in other ways as well. 

At least in their theology! There are a lot of other fundies out there who think that the Duggars are being immodest by not having a covering over their hair. :pb_lol: I actually don't think the verses make much sense unless Paul was talking about a cloth head covering, not just hair.

I'm actually surprised how little discussion there has been on FJ about their hair, considering how extensively pants have been discussed. There's a Biblical reason for their long hair and none of them have deviated from that yet.

Edit: From wikipedia: "The majority of Biblical scholars have held that "verses 4-7 refer to a literal veil or covering of cloth" for "praying and prophesying" and verse 15 to refer to long hair of a woman for modesty."

It's also worth mentioning that a literal head covering for women in church was the norm for most of Christian history until fairly recently.

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Some of the women at the IBLP family camp had on head coverings in the pictures the Duggars posted on their main blog. Some of the families covered elsewhere on FJ do practice head covering during worship (and some more than that), I believe. I cannot remember who right now. I remember stumbling upon this site back when I first learned that: https://www.headcoveringmovement.com/ RC Sproul is featured in a quote on the front. 

Someone who did a distance rule during courtship and maybe just got married was always wearing a head covering. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I’m guessing she is farther along than 13-14 weeks. I’m guessing due October and is 16-18 weeks along. Mostly guessing this based on the full nursery set up. I would imagine they wanted until at least 12-13 weeks to set it up,  based on the last heartache. 

I agree the HUGE emphasis on BABY #2 is interesting. God forbid, any of these women have more than one loss, like Erin Bates, I think she had 3 miscarriages before she had Carson. Would be confusing if she said she had 6 kids. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It specifically requires hair to be covered while praying or prophesying. Some people cite the verse saying to "pray continually" as a reason why women should always wear a head covering, but others only require it in church or while praying.

And they believe that a woman's body in general is something beautiful that God gave to her, but that doesn't mean they believe women should be going around naked everywhere!

Eh? I didn't mentioned their bodies. They wear modest clothes anyway so that's taken care of. 

Head covering is definitely a thing that a fair amount of fundies have gotten into even if it wasn't part of their background.

One of my favorite examples, which I'm pretty sure I read about in the early days of FJ, was a woman who felt convicted to wear a head covering as a sign of submission to her husband. The problem was that the husband to whom she wanted to show her submission didn't want her to wear the head covering. She would have had to defy his wishes to show how submissive to him she was. :pb_lol:

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

Eh? I didn't mentioned their bodies. They wear modest clothes anyway so that's taken care of. 

I was referring to the comment, "If it it her crowning Glory then shouldn't it be shown because Gid gave it to her?" and using the analogy of a woman's body in general to show that it doesn't necessarily follow in their beliefs that a woman's glory needs to be shown.

Most of the Christians who believe in head covering don't actually cover all their hair anyway, though. It's not that they believe hair should be hidden, it's just that they believe it's an important symbolism to have something on their head.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'm guessing that she's 16 weeks with a due date of around November 4. 

And I struggle with them making such a huge deal out of this is BABY #2. I don't know why it makes me feel weird. It is her second pregnancy but for me it's not baby #2. JMHO

Edited by FaithAndReason
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I remember stumbling upon this site back when I first learned that: https://www.headcoveringmovement.com/ RC Sproul is featured in a quote on the front. 

The wearing of fabric head coverings in worship was universally the practice of Christian women until the twentieth century. What happened? Did we suddenly find some biblical truth to which the saints for thousands of years were blind? Or were our biblical views of women gradually eroded by the modern feminist movement that has infiltrated the Church...? - R.C. Sproul

Ah yes, those modern feminist Duggars and their lack of fabric head coverings. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

These are pictures from the TLC video. They already set up the nursery 

Hide contents

7F8AC743-A09B-4036-A9CE-3035D7332A4D.thumb.jpeg.4dafe3803053bc0360487954fe4bedc0.jpeg

45035F4F-7578-466B-944F-3B04FADB719F.thumb.jpeg.a99d85bab4645b66df9d306051c00f7f.jpeg

B57F7BC2-96F9-4FB8-A4EA-F0C62B6F42AA.thumb.jpeg.8eee005661d53cd9636ca00b00170254.jpeg

How very monochromatic of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, victoriasponge said:

I get not snarking based on appearance. 

But surely it was just a matter of time when she chose to wear a maternity dress from Jinger’s press release to an event that would be photographed and put on social media?

I accept they’re sheltered. I refuse to believe they’re that dumb though. 

Anyway, safe pregnancy and all that. 

Edit: okay I guess first baby has a name now. Asa. Cool, cool. She really is the second Michelle. 

Agree: Jinger’s maternity dress was as good as an announcement. Bodies can look very different due to posing, lightning and clothing (see Jessa right no- big to no visible bump in a day)  but wearing your sister in laws maternity dress is quite a statement. 

Have to admit: I do wonder about Jinger now. Lauren and her didn’t seem too close so why her dress? Was their year without baby entirely by choice? Is the dress a lucky charm? Did Lauren just like it and maybe even just bought it herself? Do they generally still share clothes? I guess we will never find out.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Why did Lauren lie around Easter time and respond to a commenter who asked if she was pregnant by saying “Someone just made that up”?

Why did Lauren wait to announce after Mother’s Day?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I was fairly convinced an an announcement would be coming soon when Anna bellowed her happy mother’s day wishes on instagram. Then seeing her wearing Jinger’s dress made me 100% sure we’d be hearing news soon. 

• Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic