IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

On 4/9/2019 at 11:44 PM, justodd said:

This is so barely relevant that I probably shouldn’t post it, but I just found out that Gosnell (the awful abortion movie they posted the sad face selfies in front of around the time of their miscarriage) featured and was also directed by the same actor  who played Ruth’s abusive husband in Fried Green Tomatoes. Guess he’s into controlling women on and off screen, to at least some extent.

Gosnell is about a man who was committing the actual crime (at that time) of aborting babies past the point of viability and ending the lives of babies from those abortions who were born alive. He collected parts of the fetus-babies to keep, let non-medical personnel perform medical procedures, and the conditions of the clinic were deplorable. Yes, there was an undercurrent of anti-partial-birth abortion, but the real life lawyer was a consultant and I believed tried hard to keep the movie on track in covering the crimes actually committed. The officer who was portrayed was not pro-life, but felt that Gosnell should not get away with real crimes just because the powers-that-be were afraid that it would be turned into an abortion debate.

If you're pro-life (and, yeah, I am), I can see how you could equate it with legal abortion, but I walked away from it glad that someone called Gosnell on his crimes rather than to continue to give him a pass because they were afraid. Aside from the fetus/babies and how one might feel about that, there were teen and adult women being slovenly cared for and Gosnell seriously thought what he was doing was okay.

*I have no idea who directed it and have never watched Fried Green Tomatoes. Just think there's more than one way to view this movie and if someone missed that point (tackle wrong even when you will face controversy), it was their loss.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, viii said:

I do think this is the start of the onslaught of babies. By the time the end of the year, I think there will be 6-7 new grandchildren either born or on the way. 

Basically, the only one I think that won't have anything to announce by 2020 is Jinger. 

I agree. And even then I think Jinger will announce early 2020, maybe by March. That would make Vuolo #2 and Felicity at least 2 years apart.

Here are my official predictions for each one.

Josh and Anna - I think they'll announce in September, with M #6 due in March 2020

John and Abbie - I think they'll announce in late May, maybe early June, with Duggar-Burnett #1 born in late November, around Thanksgiving

Jill and Derick - I think they'll announce  in July, with Dillard #3 due in January 2020

Jessa and Ben - already announced a pregnancy in January and is due in June. Not really a prediction, just stating the obvious.

Jinger and Jeremy - I think they'll announce next spring, maybe in March, with Vuolo #2 due September 2020.

Joseph and Kendra - announced a pregnancy last week. I'm confident in saying that Duggar-Caldwell #2 is due in October.

Josiah and Lauren - I think they'll announce in early May, with Duggar-Swanson #1 born in early to mid November.

Joy and Austin -  this is honestly the hardest to predict for me. I'm going with an announcement in November, with Forsyth #2 due May 2020

And I'll throw in another one: I think Jana will be at least be courting by the end of the year. I think it will happen when we least expect it, like last year with John. Personally, I can see her getting married in early December, with the engagement in late August and courtship announcement anywhere from May to early July this year.

• Upvote 19

@nolongerIFBx So many problems with what you wrote, 1st It isn't pro life, in general the pro life movement is NOT pro life, they are pro birth. I've said this dozens and dozens of time you cannot be pro gun, pro war, pro death penalty, pro babies in cages, pro separating families, anti, SNAP, anti healthcare, Anti immigration and even be remotely considered pro life, so take that word out of your vocabulary, it is wrong.  

2nd No one is pro abortion, we are pro you do you, it is your life it isn't my business. We want to educate woman AND MEN on how NOT to have an unwanted pregnancy, which in turn will reduce the number of abortions. And if their are medical concerns for the mother OR the fetus/baby, that is their concern not yours or mine. 

3rd. Gossnell was a monster who happened to run a shady dirty abortion clinic, which is what we are going to get when the anti choice movement bans abortion, shady "doctors" butchering poor women and babies for a buck. I say poor women, because the women who can afford it will still get their safe and clean abortions, the people who disapprove just turn the other way because $$.

4th? You haven't seen Fried Green Tomatoes? You need it, it is AMAZING, now go find it and watch it. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 21
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

If we are taking bets put me down for $5 on this Duggar Baby Trifecta.

For a quick second, I actually thought this was a baby's name---maybe Jessa & Ben's newest:  Spurgeon, Henry, and Trifecta!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

Gosnell was a fucking horrorshow and it’s bizarre how many people assume his crimes are totally orthodox abortion procedures. Cf. the “Born Alive Bill” that advanced in Texas and NC this week, which assumes that abortions result in live births absolutely all the time.

• Upvote 10

I think *based on that FB post on Josiah's page* it's very, very minimally likely (but overall highly possible regardless of any social media post) that Lauren is 10-12 weeks pregnant, planning to announce publicly in the next couple weeks once she hits 2nd trimester. If she happens to have have sought early prenatal screening (rather aggressive for these Duggs...) due to her first miscarriage. She could have been super on top of her prenatal care and requested testing, given her early miscarriage last year; although that's more aggressive some of the Duggar daughters have been, it's a possibility, and she absolutely could've been offered NIPT and know the sex by now. 

• Upvote 3

I think it's quite likely that one of them shared it because they want to support the business, but then realized that it would be confusing and took it down. Lauren may be pregnant, but I don't think this is an indication of it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@nolongerIFBx So many problems with what you wrote, 1st It isn't pro life, in general the pro life movement is NOT pro life, they are pro birth. I've said this dozens and dozens of time you cannot be pro gun, pro war, pro death penalty, pro babies in cages, pro separating families, anti, SNAP, anti healthcare, Anti immigration and even be remotely considered pro life, so take that word out of your vocabulary, it is wrong.  

2nd No one is pro abortion, we are pro you do you, it is your life it isn't my business. We want to educate woman AND MEN on how NOT to have an unwanted pregnancy, which in turn will reduce the number of abortions. And if their are medical concerns for the mother OR the fetus/baby, that is their concern not yours or mine. 

3rd. Gossnell was a monster who happened to run a shady dirty abortion clinic, which is what we are going to get when the anti choice movement bans abortion, shady "doctors" butchering poor women and babies for a buck. I say poor women, because the women who can afford it will still get their safe and clean abortions, the people who disapprove just turn the other way because $$.

4th? You haven't seen Fried Green Tomatoes? You need it, it is AMAZING, now go find it and watch it. 

This is pretty much everything I would have said if I’d checked in more recently, though I’d also add that my description of said film as “awful” is because the Duggars only promote movies if they have a heavy religious bent to them and are about as subtle as a jackhammer. I’ll never waste my time watching this, so maybe I’m wrong and it actually makes a point of emphasizing point #3 and contains an impassioned plea for keeping abortion safe, legal, and accessible to women who need it, but the presence of Dean Cain (who, along with Kevin Sorbo and Kirk Cameron forms the unholy trinity of Shitty Self-Righteous Christian Dudes People Used to Think Were Hot Before They Went Full Jebus) makes me really doubt it. Even a quick glance at the screenwriters’ previous credits makes it crystal clear that they’re no stranger to right wing agendas.

And Fried Green Tomatoes is a gem of  both a film and book. Way more touching than any of the stuff the Duggars would ever promote, and the book is miles more inclusive, to boot!

• Upvote 7

On 4/16/2019 at 9:48 PM, VelociRapture said:

There are blood tests that can be performed earlier though. I think bloodwork done at the same time as a Nuchal Translucency ultrasound can reveal the presence of male DNA in the mother’s blood, which would only be present if the baby were male - that scab is time sensitive and performed between 11 and 13 weeks. I’m due November 22nd and mine is scheduled for the first week of May when I’ll be 12 weeks (not sure if we’ll actually do it, but it was better to schedule it just in case since appointments can fill up fast at our hospital.) I also believe there are home blood tests that can be done even earlier than that, but I don’t think the accuracy of those has been consistently proven.  

You can get the bloodwork for NIPT done at 9 weeks and find out the sex within days.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 4/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

Gosnell is about a man who was committing the actual crime (at that time) of aborting babies past the point of viability and ending the lives of babies from those abortions who were born alive. He collected parts of the fetus-babies to keep, let non-medical personnel perform medical procedures, and the conditions of the clinic were deplorable. Yes, there was an undercurrent of anti-partial-birth abortion, but the real life lawyer was a consultant and I believed tried hard to keep the movie on track in covering the crimes actually committed. The officer who was portrayed was not pro-life, but felt that Gosnell should not get away with real crimes just because the powers-that-be were afraid that it would be turned into an abortion debate.

If you're pro-life (and, yeah, I am), I can see how you could equate it with legal abortion, but I walked away from it glad that someone called Gosnell on his crimes rather than to continue to give him a pass because they were afraid. Aside from the fetus/babies and how one might feel about that, there were teen and adult women being slovenly cared for and Gosnell seriously thought what he was doing was okay.

*I have no idea who directed it and have never watched Fried Green Tomatoes. Just think there's more than one way to view this movie and if someone missed that point (tackle wrong even when you will face controversy), it was their loss.

Regardless of the real life story this is portrays, the anti-choice people act like Gosnell's practices are the way abortions normally work. It's used as a scare tactic and a way to spread misinformation about legal abortion. It's really disingenuous to say that people who point out anti-choicers use of this movie are "missing the point" when the way this movie has been marketed and distributed has been in line with the anti-choice crowd. Playing into the narrative of Gosnell = abortion is part of "the point" of this movie.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

There were rumors, especially after that triple Duggars couple photo, but it seems Lauren is not pregnant. 

IMG_20190421_144118_875.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 3

?‍♀️ people are so clueless, never ever say something like that to a woman, whose had a miscarriage. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 29
  • Love 2

Eh, she said someone made ‘that’ (I’m assuming the Wikipedia entry and/or the rumours after they shared the sign) up, not that she’s not pregnant. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Yeah I think it was about the Wikipedia entry, I think I saw it around on Tumblr 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

?‍♀️ people are so clueless, never ever say something like that to a woman, whose had a miscarriage. 

The Duggar's usually post their announcements online, so I would not have said anything to any of them unless it was officially announced. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

There were rumors, especially after that triple Duggars couple photo, but it seems Lauren is not pregnant. 

IMG_20190421_144118_875.jpg

I saw somewhere that rebalynn.17 is another account for BeckyM. Not sure if its true. Either way it's completely insensitive to go there. I would never ask someone I don't know a personal question online. In her situation I wouldn't ask the question even if I did know her personally. 

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I saw somewhere that rebalynn.17 is another account for BeckyM. Not sure if its true. Either way it's completely insensitive to go there. I would never ask someone I don't know a personal question online. In her situation I wouldn't ask the question even if I did know her personally. 

Same here, Josiah or Lauren answered it well, I would have been as polite as they were. I would have told them no and that they should mind their own business.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

What do they mean by 'rainbow baby'?

A baby following miscarriage.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

You can't have a resurrection without an erection. #sorryIm12 #seeingmyselftotheprayercloset #Jesuslovesthemall

I like Lauren's dress.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

FFS, this is a family that announces EVERYTHING in magazines and online, then documents it all on TV. If they haven’t announced a pregnancy, DO NOT CONGRATULATE them on one, it’s pretty damn simple. Especially given the miscarriage 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

You can't have a resurrection without an erection.

It's Easter Sunday.  He is risen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic