IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

I don’t think guys should do the Trump combover, I understand it can be a bummer to lose your hair, especially at a young age. But Si can take some of that tlc money and get hair plugs, or else embrace the bald.  Bald is not unattractive. But people snicker at bad combovers.

Spoiler

E2BE3A84-9F08-4392-8F09-1695D3783BE0.jpeg.0d5372bd452ed8f2471e11f11e836ed5.jpeg

Also I think tlc has displayed deplorable behaviour re Lauren’s early miscarriage. To show their happiness on the show knowing what happens a little later is absolutely disgusting, and even more disturbing is the Duggars must have approved it.  All for the almighty dollar.

Does anyone else think they are going after all this sponsored buying crap because the show may be cancelled?  It has become so boring their audience must be falling off.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I don’t think guys should do the Trump combover, I understand it can be a bummer to lose your hair, especially at a young age. But Si can take some of that tlc money and get hair plugs, or else embrace the bald.  Bald is not unattractive. But people snicker at bad combovers.

Tom Colicchio is bald and he is a fine looking man!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Mr. Other's hair has been thinning for the past couple years and it's slowly getting worse, especially on the crown of his head. He's gotten to a point where he is alright with it and will embrace it. But the awkward in-between time is really hard. It's hard to know if he should wear it longer until it gets to a certain point of thinness, or if he should wear it really short as a prep before shaving it someday. He has a lot of hair elsewhere on his head. The transition is awkward. I think Josiah is probably at the point where he should go really short, but until Mr. Other dealt with it, I didn't realize how unclear the path to dignified balding was!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have been dealing with thinning hair for about 15 years. I do empathize with guys- but damn, as a woman it is so freaking hard. I hate my hair. It's so bad now it is almost bald on the top. Stingy, thin, can see so much scalp. I wear knit hats in the winter, bandanas or baseball hats in the summer, and a topper (a clip-in hair piece) when I need to look less casual. But it's hot and the clips don't feel good and I think it can look wiggy if I don't get it situated just so. 

• I Agree 2
  • Love 26

I have an aunt with alopecia and is completely bald but a over the years acquired an amazing wig collection.  She got her eyebrows tattooed by someone who knew what they were doing and would add false eyelashes for formal events.   But honestly us kids thought she was beautiful even without all the trappings.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I have an aunt with alopecia and is completely bald but a over the years acquired an amazing wig collection.  She got her eyebrows tattooed by someone who knew what they were doing and would add false eyelashes for formal events.   But honestly us kids thought she was beautiful even without all the trappings.

A lady I know who also has Alopecia likes to change wigs to surprise people on Cruises.  I did think the Bandana/pirate look she was rocking at one of my parents parties (this one was in the back yard in summer so it was fairly warm/hot so wigs would have been uncomfortable) was cool too.

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I have been dealing with thinning hair for about 15 years. I do empathize with guys- but damn, as a woman it is so freaking hard. I hate my hair. It's so bad now it is almost bald on the top. Stingy, thin, can see so much scalp. I wear knit hats in the winter, bandanas or baseball hats in the summer, and a topper (a clip-in hair piece) when I need to look less casual. But it's hot and the clips don't feel good and I think it can look wiggy if I don't get it situated just so. 

I know I have Female pattern baldness (potentially what you have).  I luckily started off with fairly thick hair, but I would expect it to be as thin as my Mum's is now if not thinner when I am her age.  I'm pretty sure it is now thinner than it was 5-10 years ago...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

9 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

I know I have Female pattern baldness (potentially what you have).  I luckily started off with fairly thick hair, but I would expect it to be as thin as my Mum's is now if not thinner when I am her age.  I'm pretty sure it is now thinner than it was 5-10 years ago...

It started for me when I was diagnosed with hashimotos.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

It started for me when I was diagnosed with hashimotos.

That’s not very good, it’s a complicated autoimmune disease!  Hope you are doing well and have a good Doctor.  I’ll be thinking about you and sending you hugs on a regular basis.  :hug:

• Love 6

13 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

My mom got her eyebrows tattooed ages ago. She had overplucked them when she was younger and always drew them in. Finally she decided to take the step. She might be in a nursing home, sleeping, not knowing who she is but dammit, she has eyebrows! 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 15

So I just watched the last episode with the groom’s cake making and I have a question.  

I’m completely unsure how to ask this so I’m just going to ask... with Lauren being so nauseous on the last episode and then missing the judging of the cake contest, was she experiencing the miscarriage or the early stages of it then?   I felt really uncomfortable watching that moment knowing what was coming and since I’ve never been pregnant, I just don’t know. 

I apologize for being blunt or insensitive. That is not my intention. I’m just trying to figure out what TLC was showing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@Oh_Dear! I think she was nauseous from morning sickness. Not the miscarriage. I'm not sure how the timeline matches up though, so I may be wrong. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

@Oh_Dear! I think she was nauseous from morning sickness. Not the miscarriage. I'm not sure how the timeline matches up though, so I may be wrong. 

I think they were hinting at the start of the miscarriage, from the way Lauren was talking it sounded like it. But this is Duggar time, and it was just like 2 days later that Jabbie did the cake tasting, and Lauren had miscarried by that time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I’m completely unsure how to ask this so I’m just going to ask... with Lauren being so nauseous on the last episode and then missing the judging of the cake contest, was she experiencing the miscarriage or the early stages of it then?   I felt really uncomfortable watching that moment knowing what was coming and since I’ve never been pregnant, I just don’t know. 

She was nauseous from the pregnancy. Even when a pregnancy isn't successful you still have all those hormones in your system and the body reacts to them. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Is there anything the younger Duggar guys can do to help preserve their hairlines longer?  I realize the balding is genetic, but wonder if all the "product" they've used on their hair might tend to make them lose it quicker.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Is there anything the younger Duggar guys can do to help preserve their hairlines longer?  I realize the balding is genetic, but wonder if all the "product" they've used on their hair might tend to make them lose it quicker.

I doubt it would make much impact. I think the rate of hair loss probably varies greatly from individual to individual. For my husband it happened pretty quickly and he never used much product at all. He went from a full head of hair at our wedding to having very visible bald spots 8 years later. His older brother on the other hand has been gradually thinning for like a decade and can still hide his thin spots fairly well. 

• Upvote 5

I have a friend who’s father at almost 70 years of age still has a full head of hair.  When I see him around town I know it’s him because of the hair. 

• Upvote 6

Yes, hair loss is just a genetic fact of life. My dad's hair is starting to thin a little bit now that he is almost 70. I doubt he will ever be bald. My brother-in-law just turned 40 and he has a definite bald spot. Apparently all the men in his family bald so he came to terms with that pretty early. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 2/14/2019 at 6:16 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Just so long as it isn't like this:

Reveal hidden contents

photo(2).JPG.752b081db9ed2717674cd3d53be3f408.JPG

Lauren does look like Belle!
Josiah is Zazu (Lion King), I think, with flavors of Timon (also Lion King)
Jill - Snow White, because....just....wow. I imagine talking with her is like talking to a pillow.
Joy--Merida (Brave) or Miss Bianca (The Rescuers)
Various Howlers --Merida's triplet brothers (Brave) mixed with the wild monkey kingdom from The Jungle Book
Jeremiah & Jedidiah -- the Tweedles (Alice in Wonderland)
Jinger-- Ariel (Little Mermaid)
Kendra --Giselle (Enchanted) or Thumper's girlfriend rabbit from 'Bambi'
Jessa --Cruella de Ville (101 Dalmatians)
Jill -- Charlotte (Princess & the Frog)
Josie -- Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Ben -- Nutsy (Robin Hood)
Anna & Josh -- Slave Leia & Jabba (hey, house of mouse owns Star Wars now...)
John-David & Joe -- Copper & Todd (Fox and the Hound)
Jeremy -- Frances (Oliver & Company) "Not 'Frank', not 'Frankie', but FRAAAHHNNNCissss".
DWreck -- Prince Hans (Frozen)
Austin -- Woody (Toy Story--the plaid shirts & the nose does it)
Jana -- tie between Rapunzel & Cinderella
MEChelle --tie between Mother Gothel (Tangled) or Aunt Sarah (Lady & the Tramp)
Jordyn-Grace, Jennifer & Hannie --Marie, Toulouse and Berleos (Aristocats)
JimBob -.............Palpatine, but with worse hairplugs, crossed with Iago from 'Aladdin'

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

Jill - Snow White, because....just....wow. I imagine talking with her is like talking to a pillow.
Various Howlers --Merida's triplet brothers (Brave) mixed with the wild monkey kingdom from The Jungle Book
Jeremy -- Frances (Oliver & Company) "Not 'Frank', not 'Frankie', but FRAAAHHNNNCissss".
JimBob -.............Palpatine, but with worse hairplugs, crossed with Iago from 'Aladdin'

Yikes! I can see my Disney knowledge is seriously lacking!

Jim Bob- Pinocchio or Howdy Doodie

republican-candidate-howdy-doody-.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

Interesting comparison, given how that "relationship" ended. 

Spoiler

ShrillAthleticGorilla-small.gif.e3fbe01f47079481f79fdaa756b732ba.gif

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

That’s some encyclopedic Disney knowledge!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Lauren was wearing jeans on their instagram story! She was wearing a long tunic/ mini dress over them but definitely jeans

• Upvote 5

• Georgiana locked this topic