IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill

Jellybean

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd pay so much money to see the Duggars try to cook something in front of Gordon Ramsay. 

Me too. Gordon would be horrified. Imagine the creative cussing he would do. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect we'd hear "dog's dinner" quite a few times. Along with "fuck me" and "contents of a diaper."

Things I’d like to see Jill post: preschool with Israel, going to the library for story time with the boys, fun playing in the snow if they get snow, easy oven bake Mac and cheese that kids and adults both like, having the boys make rice crispie animals, kids singing in the children’s church choir, boys playing at a neighbourhood park. Guess I don’t have any interest in seeing Derrick or gross recipes... 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:19 PM, FrozenSmile said:

This is the best thread! I love traveling, but have never been out of the states. I’ve been to most of the western, midwestern, and southern states, but the northeast is a big, gaping hole in my travels. Someday. My favorite states so far are Wyoming, Montana, and Arizona. Nevada’s pretty awesome, too. 

The maps that have been posted reminded me of this book i got a few years ago. So funny! 

EAD3B198-B3BD-43A7-B674-35330043F868.jpeg

Have lived in NYC for years (in the past) this map never fails to make me LOL 

Spoiler

nyc.png

I have come to an entirely different view of Jill of late.... and I think she is a passive aggressive bitch as well as a really bad cook. Just on insta this week for instance.... making her comment on giddy's post about her kids, haha'ng at a nervous Abbie and now trying to outdo Jessa with seaweed which Sammy clearly DOES NOT LIKE. Liar. Maybe Derick isn't the (only) reason for the distance from the Duggar fam.... I don't think she has been able to get past the sibling rivalry that most of us grow out of as we develop adult sibling relationships and it shows. Then of course hubby is not likeable even if they all share the same views.

Ps. I've forgotten what I saw that made me write this... 

Pps. I've been looking for somewhere to leave this pic. Aussie designer and I immediately thought of it as fundie appropriate. Since I forgot why I'm here this thread and Jill will do! 

Screenshot_20190121-083540.png

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why would anyone admit to making this? lol

My mother was in Weight Watcher’s when I was a child. This was a recipe she got at a meeting. She served it warm on hamburger buns, just like pulled pork. I don’t remember thinking it was that horrible but I’ve never made it since I’ve grown up - so maybe it was.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

On top of all that, unlike Jessa's kid, hers looks like he hates eating it. 

Kid's got some discerning taste buds there.

1 hour ago, HurricaneBells said:

I have come to an entirely different view of Jill of late.... and I think she is a passive aggressive bitch as well as a really bad cook. Just on insta this week for instance.... making her comment on giddy's post about her kids, haha'ng at a nervous Abbie and now trying to outdo Jessa with seaweed which Sammy clearly DOES NOT LIKE. Liar. Maybe Derick isn't the (only) reason for the distance from the Duggar fam.... I don't think she has been able to get past the sibling rivalry that most of us grow out of as we develop adult sibling relationships and it shows. Then of course hubby is not likeable even if they all share the same views. 

Remember when Jinger posted a pic of Jeremy's candlelight dinner for her on her birthday?

AND THEN six weeks later, Jill posts her "Valentine's Day steak dinner" that Derick made her with way more OTT gushing about hubby?  (Including the infamous pic of Derick sticking his crotch into the corner of the table :puke-front:)

A show where Gordon Ramsay samples their Chickenetti and tells them he seen healthier food in a Glasgow chip shop and throws in a few swear words would be good TV. 

A style guru going to Jill Rod's house could be the follow up episode. 

@HarleyQuinn Gordon was doing a bit on his Twitter page for awhile where people would send them photos of meals they cooked and he would critique them. I would so want to send a pic of one of Jill's creations...maybe the one with the grey carrots or the apple crisp. So many to choose from. I don't think the Duggars would survive a meet with him with all his swearing.

Would like to see Jill copy Jessa by posting pics or a video of her boys playing outside having some fun. Wonder if they ever get the boys together, beyond Jessa watching Izzy and Sam so J&D can have #nokids time.

5 hours ago, Ash said:

I suspect we'd hear "dog's dinner" quite a few times. Along with "fuck me" and "contents of a diaper."

He would be right more often than wrong ?

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

A style guru going to Jill Rod's house could be the follow up episode. 

Queer Eye could make over David.

11 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

What did Jill say on joys post about Giddy and what did she laugh at Abbie for? @HurricaneBells I agree with your post, just dont remember those two examples. 

In the real world i may not think a thing of it but Giddy, it was literally just "I showed this to Israel and he thought it was Sam" and they posted Abbie was nervous cutting Johns hair and she says "haha". It just shows because Anna and Jana both often comment too and its " so cute" or "you're doing a great job abbie". Im BEC with Jill atm, she is getting on my last nerve for some strange reason.

You realize like kids in Hawaii eat that all the time there's nothing special about that right

I dislike well-meaning but ultimately stupid comments like this left on Jill's insta about the seaweed.  Um, people all over the world eat that all the time, thanks.  3/4 of my family eats that on the regular in a secluded landlocked town in NWO.

If you're going to normalize something, don't add one country or region of "people who do it" to make your point.

35 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I dislike well-meaning but ultimately stupid comments like this left on Jill's insta about the seaweed.  Um, people all over the world eat that all the time, thanks.  3/4 of my family eats that on the regular in a secluded landlocked town in NWO.

If you're going to normalize something, don't add one country or region of "people who do it" to make your point.

i put seeweed in my miso soup every single morning. 

your welcome :)

Jumping in on the history discussion: 

WW II is pretty well covered in our schools over here, I'd say, including of course the Holocaust. Even the ones who hated history at school know that Hitler and his Nazi party started the war and tried to eliminate Jewish people from Europe.

I would guess not many know about the other groups of people that were targeted, such as the Roma people (up to 2 million were killed in the camps), people with disabilities, gay people, political opponents etc etc. The total number of people who were killed in the camps is around 12 million if I remember correctly, half of them Jewish. I think what is not taught about enough is what lead to the Holocaust. I noticed in high school how the very same people that with 100% certainty said they would have never joined the Nazi party if they'd lived back then, also tended to express negative attitudes about today's refugees. It's easier to condemn actions in the past because you can't do anything about it anymore, but it's harder to look critically at your own thoughts and actions of today.

When I was a teenager I couldn't understand how people knew about the Holocaust but still let it happen. Or how you could be okay with people suffering so much, because they are all still people no matter if they are different from you. Now I do, unfortunately, understand, because there are so many atrocities happening around the world; the war in Syria, North Korean concentration camps, the ongoing Rohingya genocide in Myanmar, the way Western countries still try to exploit the rest of the world, thousands of people dying on the Mediterranean Sea, child soldiers, oppression of women... and what do I do personally to make it stop? Pretty much nothing. Of course trying to help might sometimes make things even worse, and a single civilian might not be able to do very much, but still. I've discovered how easy it is to become indifferent to human suffering, like how I every day walk past the beggars sitting outside in central places in my city asking for money. I'm not sure what I would have done or who I would have sided with if I had lived in Nazi Germany or the occupied areas; I would like to think that I would have opposed the Nazis and helped Jewish people and others who risked death at the hands of the regime. (As a leftist and a lesbian I would also probably have been targeted as well if those two things became known). But it's impossible to know for sure, especially since not toeing the line lead to harassment, imprisonment or execution, and I'd be very afraid of that. I probably wouldn't have been a Sophie Scholl. But I applaud and look up to the people who are not afraid to fight against injustice even if it comes at a great personal cost for themselves. 

This became a little bit incoherent but hopefully you'll get my point. Now back to Jill ?

4 hours ago, Queen said:

I noticed in high school how the very same people that with 100% certainty said they would have never joined the Nazi party if they'd lived back then, also tended to express negative attitudes about today's refugees. It's easier to condemn actions in the past because you can't do anything about it anymore, but it's harder to look critically at your own thoughts and actions of today.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

My granduncle (grandma's bro) had to left his country for political reasons. Went to France, fought the nazis and married a Polish refugee. French government gave them papers and lived happily ever after.

70 years later, his elder daughter posts Front National crap in facebook and hates refugees. She just don't see the connexion between her parents and current refugees, because her parents were Europeans and "it's not the same".

5 hours ago, Queen said:

Jumping in on the history discussion: 

WW II is pretty well covered in our schools over here, I'd say, including of course the Holocaust. Even the ones who hated history at school know that Hitler and his Nazi party started the war and tried to eliminate Jewish people from Europe.

I would guess not many know about the other groups of people that were targeted, such as the Roma people (up to 2 million were killed in the camps), people with disabilities, gay people, political opponents etc etc. The total number of people who were killed in the camps is around 12 million if I remember correctly, half of them Jewish. I think what is not taught about enough is what lead to the Holocaust. I noticed in high school how the very same people that with 100% certainty said they would have never joined the Nazi party if they'd lived back then, also tended to express negative attitudes about today's refugees. It's easier to condemn actions in the past because you can't do anything about it anymore, but it's harder to look critically at your own thoughts and actions of today.

When I was a teenager I couldn't understand how people knew about the Holocaust but still let it happen. Or how you could be okay with people suffering so much, because they are all still people no matter if they are different from you. Now I do, unfortunately, understand, because there are so many atrocities happening around the world; the war in Syria, North Korean concentration camps, the ongoing Rohingya genocide in Myanmar, the way Western countries still try to exploit the rest of the world, thousands of people dying on the Mediterranean Sea, child soldiers, oppression of women... and what do I do personally to make it stop? Pretty much nothing. Of course trying to help might sometimes make things even worse, and a single civilian might not be able to do very much, but still. I've discovered how easy it is to become indifferent to human suffering, like how I every day walk past the beggars sitting outside in central places in my city asking for money. I'm not sure what I would have done or who I would have sided with if I had lived in Nazi Germany or the occupied areas; I would like to think that I would have opposed the Nazis and helped Jewish people and others who risked death at the hands of the regime. (As a leftist and a lesbian I would also probably have been targeted as well if those two things became known). But it's impossible to know for sure, especially since not toeing the line lead to harassment, imprisonment or execution, and I'd be very afraid of that. I probably wouldn't have been a Sophie Scholl. But I applaud and look up to the people who are not afraid to fight against injustice even if it comes at a great personal cost for themselves. 

This became a little bit incoherent but hopefully you'll get my point. Now back to Jill ?

That makes sense to me. I feel that guilt, too. But I remind myself that I am only one person and that there are things I can do when I can. I can vote for politicians that will try to deal with that suffering in some way. I contribute money to organizations that work to help stop that suffering. And when I can, I add my voice in support of doing something positive. 

We can't all be a Nobel Peace Prize winner in the making, but we can do what we can to support the efforts of those that are. 

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That makes sense to me. I feel that guilt, too. But I remind myself that I am only one person and that there are things I can do when I can. I can vote for politicians that will try to deal with that suffering in some way. I contribute money to organizations that work to help stop that suffering. And when I can, I add my voice in support of doing something positive. 

We can't all be a Nobel Peace Prize winner in the making, but we can do what we can to support the efforts of those that are. 

Same. I feel so much guilt because my family came to the US as refugees. But I vote for people who support refugees and donate to organizations that help refugees. I feel like I don’t have the skill set that can help people (fight for asylum, reunite family), but I can give money to organizations that have that expertise.

23 hours ago, Ash said:

It would be interesting to see how wychdog would react to being offered a Dilldinner.  However, I love my dog and would absolutely not do it.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, Calypso said:

As a native Oregonian I feel it is my duty to warn any and all Californians away from our state.

The videos about Portland but it can apply to Bend too

Seriously though rent has gotten so high in recent years. I just wanna afford to live ?

We seriously looked into move to the Portland area, but the cost of living made that impossible so we looked into Salem and Eugene and they seemed a little more affordable.  We just love the PNW and totally get the appeal. 

On 2/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd pay so much money to see the Duggars try to cook something in front of Gordon Ramsay. 

Or they could be on the next season of Worst Cooks in America.

@The Mother Dust, I saw a guy in our Target in South Carolina yesterday with a Satriale's Pork Store t-shirt on.  I knew Satriale's from The Sopranos.  He knew it from his hometown of Kearny, New Jersey.

I think the problem with Jill's cooking is the lack of colour. I'm sure lot of things are semi-delicious, but they all have the same beige colour. 

When it comes to studying history, there is one thing that I really appreciated in my k-8 school (in an otherwise kind of deary middle school years). In the 7th and 8th grade years, we used only one US history textbook. Usually, schools rush through history and anything after WWII gets a quick once over in the rush to the end of the school year. So the school covered US beginnings through WWI in 7th grade and started 8th grade where 7th left off. We actually got to cover topics a lot more in  depth and actually talk about things like Vietnam/more recent history. WWII got more coverage, including homefront/Japanese internment camps/etc

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived