IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill

Jellybean

Dunno if this is an unpopular opinion and at this point I don't care, but I really, really am sick of people suspecting a pregnancy announcement or that Jill, or anyone else is "trolling for attention" when they have ANY form of a bump showing. Fuck, having a damn bump on your tummy is normal. Are the Duggar girls, or any QF lady supposed to have some miracle flat stomach when they're married and/or had babies? Sick of this.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Fuck, having a damn bump on your tummy is normal. 

Preach. Just because someone's tummy doesn't look like 1990's Courtney Cox doesn't mean they're pregnant. 

No, but Jill is deliberately drawing attention to her midsection here. I have a tummy that looks like Jill’s and often poor posture that exaggerates it. I’m not pregnant. I neither know nor care if Jill is pregnant.

But I also don’t think Jill is particularly daft. She’s grown up with cameras around, and while she’s often clumsy at executing social media, she does seem to get some things. I think Jill knows exactly what she’s doing here, and I think it’s intentional. I think that pregnant or not, Jill wants to invite speculation in order to stay relevant and get attention. There’s a new season of Counting On coming up that she’s not on. Her sister just announced a pregnancy. Jill is going to become the forgotten Duggar unless she does things to keep her name in the public consciousness.

I’ve posted before on other threads, but social media promotions like Instagram ad posts are GOOD money. If you can keep yourself relevant, keep a following, etc. you can make thousands PER POST. Not only that, but it’s a line of income that isn’t frowned upon by fundies and that a woman can bring in herself. Jill could really use that, and I think after being in the spotlight for so much of her life, Jill craves the attention and platform she used to have. 

Its not about her body. It’s about how she’s posing, framing, and marking up these pictures. I don’t think it’s accidental, and I don’t think Jill doesn’t know what she’s doing. I think she’s directly attempting to invite speculation to stay relevant, but trying to give herself plausible deniability because even she knows it’s not a particularly good look. 

9 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Its not about her body. It’s about how she’s posing, framing, and marking up these pictures. I don’t think it’s accidental, and I don’t think Jill doesn’t know what she’s doing. I think she’s directly attempting to invite speculation to stay relevant, but trying to give herself plausible deniability because even she knows it’s not a particularly good look. 

Yeah, the shopping bag RIGHT at belly level, like mediocre celebrities do on pap walks, is what really nailed it for me.  

15 hours ago, freethemall said:

Smith island cake is indeed the official dessert of Maryland. 

How come I never knew this??

Ugh Jill. No one cares if you're pregnant. We would prefer if you didn't devote your time to cooking, take a class, make less gross food. That's it! 

i think she’s purposefully drawing attention too. I don’t judge women’s bodies because weight fluctuates, but that bag placement yells talk about ME. I don’t even think she is pregnant, because I think she would announce it right after telling Michelle.

I mean, she drew an arrow toward her midsection — Ostensibly to draw attention to a drawstring, but come on. She’s making deliberate choices.

I’m obviously in the minority here because I thought Jill looked really good in all of the clothes, especially the beige blouse, and I’d probably wear some of those tunics/dresses myself in a heartbeat.

I am however very skeptical of Izzy being the photographer. He would need to be standing at a much more elevated level than Jill in order to take the photographies from that angle - the only picture he probably took is the very last one/the selfie.

That photo was a total attention grab. JB, M, Jessa, Ben, JS, Abbie, Joy, Austin and Jana (can't remember if Joken & Siren are their as well) are in TX with the Voulo's. Jill is feeling abandoned and neglected her family is out doing everything without her and her bum husband is off playing student.

His actions have cut her off from her family, her one source of familiarity and comfort. She has no friends only  acquaintances and JB is doing a huge disservice to her by cutting her out because of Derelict. They can't be on the show and I'm guessing no one can stand Derlict but they love Jill, especially Joy, James & Jenni.  Joy is sill quiet young the mom of a toddler and works, at least part time, but her and Austin can really help that isolation by inviting  Jill over, or  have her at Fort Rock to help around the camp, allow the boy's time to play and run around outside.  Jessa can have her over for play dates, Michelle, can have all the married daughters (minus Jinger because of distance) bring their kids over and have a lunch date with them at the TTH, bring Jill and the boys back into the family and make sure she knows she's cared for and loved. But they won't do this because Derilect is her owner, and they won't go against his demands. Thus creating her isolation. And the more isolated she will feel and the more crazy shit she'll post. 

I personally feel like this community sometimes jumps into conclusions quickly just due to the fact that yes, indeed, she is a Duggar and used to cameras and all that shit, but I'm not personally completely comfortable nor agree with the narrative where everything is attention seeking.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That photo was a total attention grab. JB, M, Jessa, Ben, JS, Abbie, Joy, Austin and Jana (can't remember if Joken & Siren are their as well) are in TX with the Voulo's. Jill is feeling abandoned and neglected her family is out doing everything without her and her bum husband is off playing student.

His actions have cut her off from her family, her one source of familiarity and comfort. She has no friends only  acquaintances and JB is doing a huge disservice to her by cutting her out because of Derelict. They can't be on the show and I'm guessing no one can stand Derlict but they love Jill, especially Joy, James & Jenni.  Joy is sill quiet young the mom of a toddler and works, at least part time, but her and Austin can really help that isolation by inviting  Jill over, or  have her at Fort Rock to help around the camp, allow the boy's time to play and run around outside.  Jessa can have her over for play dates, Michelle, can have all the married daughters (minus Jinger because of distance) bring their kids over and have a lunch date with them at the TTH, bring Jill and the boys back into the family and make sure she knows she's cared for and loved. But they won't do this because Derilect is her owner, and they won't go against his demands. Thus creating her isolation. And the more isolated she will feel and the more crazy shit she'll post. 

I think you’re  way off base on most of what you wrote here. I’m probably misquoting Miss Cathy here, but “a lot of assumptions are being made.” All we know about Jill now comes only through her social media and her website. We only see what they want us to see. I have no idea what her relationships are with her family members, but anything negative has always just been speculation. I’ve seen photos of JB with Jill’s boys and I’ve seen photos of Jill with Michelle and with some of her siblings. Everything looks fine to me. It actually looks like Jill has been doing a decent job of “leaving and cleaving” which is what she’s supposed to do. And are we supposed to be annoyed with Derick for not letting his family appear on TV because he doesn’t feel like they’re being compensated? If all the adult male children and the Duggar women’s husbands had the balls to stand up to JB, there wouldn’t be a show. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? And was it “crazy shit” when Jessa posted her photo shoot with clothes from Amy’s store or just when Jill does it?

19 hours ago, JDuggs said:

If all the adult male children and the Duggar women’s husbands had the balls to stand up to JB, there wouldn’t be a show. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? And was it “crazy shit” when Jessa posted her photo shoot with clothes from Amy’s store or just when Jill does it?

I agree, I didn't see anything wrong with her pictures, her outfits while not all my style were fine and she is supporting her cousin's business. Jill usually announces her pregnancy early on and if she was she would say so. 

I wonder if Amy's store is one of those Allied Express type "boutique's". If so that answers why the clothing doesn't seem to be great quality. I see them a lot in internet boutiques, the clothing is all from Wish and Allied Express type distributors. 

I think part of the issue with Jill is she honestly doesn't know how to dress her body. She's dressed "modestly" her whole life but until recently when she started branching out more but she's older, she's had two CSections which mess up your stomach muscles. I think the dress would look better with leggings, the jeans might need to go down a size because they are bagging out in all the wrong places and the shirts a cut a little weird. Could be a combination of poor quality and improper sizing. 

If Jill and Derick socialized regularly with couples from law school, I think that it would be great for her in a lot of respects. She'd meet different people, she'd see how to dress, she may participate in conversations about something other than Jesus and raising kids. Unfortunately it seems that they don't do this much unless it's totally undocumented which I find hard to believe. If they're socializing with people their age it appears mostly to be their families or people from church. 

I was a pretty sheltered kid growing up and knew nothing about fashion. Thank goodness I went away to college and a much cooler friend told me very early on to buy some thongs if I want to wear leggings or Lululemons to class. Ha! It was hella uncomfortable at first but I had never even thought about the panty outline. It's not a big deal or anything but Jill would probably pick up some tips and ideas from less sheltered young women.

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

I wonder if Amy's store is one of those Allied Express type "boutique's".

What is Allied Express?  

On 2/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, apandaaries said:

I mean, she drew an arrow toward her midsection — Ostensibly to draw attention to a drawstring, but come on. She’s making deliberate choices.

I’m feeling much more judgemental of this  because of her SIL’s recent miscarriage. It’s a shitty time to play Schrodinger’s uterus for attention. 

I personally don’t think Jill is fashion-conscious enough to realize how drag strings, styling or angles  might “draw attention” like y’all are talking about. 

She might be pregnant but she’s also might not be. 

Jill has a little bit of a tummy. That’s fine and quite normal. She’s not required to hide it away. 

20 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I personally don’t think Jill is fashion-conscious enough to realize how drag strings, styling or angles  might “draw attention” like y’all are talking about. 

She might be pregnant but she’s also might not be. 

Jill has a little bit of a tummy. That’s fine and quite normal. She’s not required to hide it away. 

This.  You guys are crediting her with a hell of caginess and savvy of which I dont think she’s capable.

(spell check autocorrected caginess to vaginas 4x.  No one woman needs that many.)

Yeah. Jill posts out of duty and obligation and this desire to be “in on it.” But we’ve established that she doesn’t know what she’s doing as an instagrammer. At this point they don’t help or hurt the brand much. He’s preoccupied and quiet. She is...probably not pregnant and accomplishing little until then. Sad.

@HerNameIsBuffy Exactly! If she was so good at subtly drawing and deflecting attention to certain things, her IG wouldn't be so cringey. 

But like, the standard of IG is so high that looking anything less than perfect or not having a clear aesthetic makes you look pathetic in comparison to other people. It's why I only have 3 posts. 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:40 AM, Icea said:

I am however very skeptical of Izzy being the photographer. He would need to be standing at a much more elevated level than Jill

We have seen her child in some precarious "climbing up" scenarios - so, is this out of the question?

On 2/9/2019 at 10:33 AM, SorenaJ said:

Preach. Just because someone's tummy doesn't look like 1990's Courtney Cox doesn't mean they're pregnant. 

Good, because otherwise I'm on my 240th month carrying twins.  What's it mean when you carry low?  Boys or girls?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived