Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

ZZ and PP 8: Einkorn Magic 2: Electric Zsu-galoo

Recommended Posts

Lurky

Going back to Zsu abandoning the swimwear business - how many money-making schemes have they launched and abandoned now?  There was all the fanfare about the preacher trading cards* and that fizzled out, and the swimwear lasted a while then stopped, now there's the cookbook... I feel like there have been a lot more I'm forgetting, too, but am I right in thinking this is a pattern?  Is it that they start something then get bored, or are only aiming at a short run of something they can sell to their cult-members, then drop and move onto the next thing?

(*And now I'm doubting my sanity...  did this happen, or did I dream it?)

Of course she's pregnant as PP is trying to cross the Atlantic again.  Mind you, his timing's off, as he seems to like to time his holidays for when she's especially pregnant and needing his help and support.  I'd love it for him to be pre-emptively banned from Ireland, Denmark and, was it the Netherlands?  I know he'd deliberately picked some of the most liberal European cities, and I stand by my prediction that he's hoping to get there, then get kicked out, but I hope he just gets banned after he's booked non-refundable flights.  

I'm still confused over her basically implying it was a surprise because they weren't having sex, but maybe they actually had to (horror of horrors) share beds in the rental properties?  Though the way I imagine PP, I'd bet he was staying in a lovely bachelor pad  rather than with the family, because reasons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike

If I were the Airbnb’er 9 weeks ago, I’d just be buying a new bed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
picklepizzas
11 hours ago, CrossingRivers said:

I can agree with this. Growing up Fundie, there were a lot of women who did get pregnant in their mid 40s. I can only remember one that had her last at 46. The rest pretty much stopped having babies around 43. There were so many times that I was hired to babysit children for an older mom having a miscarriage, that had a huge impact on me in an incredibly negative way. 

In a way I feel sorry for Zsu, this is her worth and in many ways a way for her to feel special. Her olders are just as useless as PPP. Pope Pisser, she has said in a Q&A that has been deleted, only took like 5 minutes to be serviced in the bedroom. Granted, she is a horrible person but I still think everyone should get to feel special every now and again. Pope Stevia has created an oppressive and isolating doctrine around women and children that is mentally/emotionally detrimental. 

A friend of mine shared this over the weekend and I found the commentary on it interesting. 

 

Wow. That is some heavy shit. He actually mocks in a high pitch voice “oh! My husband raped me!” Before going on to say it’s stupid to even conceive of such a thing. How can a man with daughters sit down and write those words and then speak them while they sit in the audience. That’s sickening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fenchurch
13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Zoo changes her tune like she changes her underwear. Remember when formula was poison? Now Peter loves it. Remember when epidurals were horrible? Yet she loved her epidural when she gave birth to Peter. If it could benefit Zoo in any way, it’s suddenly great.

In essence, there is nothing wrong with changing one's opinion.  It's about growing and learning and listening.  I am very thankful that I do not hold some of the opinions that I did when I was 20.  I'm a bit embarrassed about 20 year old me.

But none of this is true for Zsu.  Formula is fine while Peter is feeding on it.  If the next baby manages to breastfeed, she'll go right back to villainising women who use formula.  Things are fine for Zsu only, and only when Zsu needs them.  That's why I hate her.  She is a truly awful person.  Rotten right down to her core.  She doesn't even have one drop of humility in her.

I think it's time for PP (the angry baby - doesn't he remind you of a toddler throwing a tantrum?) to do a sermon on pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeddyBonkers

@CrossingRivers, thank you for that video! The fellow on the left providing commentary is Mr. Atheist, a former Mormon, who has a very funny and insightful YouTube channel. He also calls out Girl Defined, which is how I happened upon him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotQuiteMotY
14 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Wow. That is some heavy shit. He actually mocks in a high pitch voice “oh! My husband raped me!” Before going on to say it’s stupid to even conceive of such a thing. How can a man with daughters sit down and write those words and then speak them while they sit in the audience. That’s sickening. 

That is disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlanticTug
10 hours ago, Fenchurch said:

.

But none of this is true for Zsu.  Formula is fine while Peter is feeding on it.  If the next baby manages to breastfeed, she'll go right back to villainising women who use formula.  Things are fine for Zsu only, and only when Zsu needs them.  That's why I hate her.  She is a truly awful person.  Rotten right down to her core.  She doesn't even have one drop of humility in her.

This. 

Even with Peter, the formula feeding came with a lot of rationalizations which made no sense. Remember she claimed that he had a milk protein allergy which is why she couldn't use donated breast milk. But she turns around and gets him a milk-based formula and then claims she is still breastfeeding partially (while consuming all sorts of dairy). I mean, come on. But it's just because she cannot possibly condone the use of formula for other women - NO, her special snowflake #10 needed it and she just had nooooo choice. The other women who formula feed are lazy feminazis who choose to go to work while leaving their children in the care of reprobates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl
On 2/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

Whenever someone who is having sex and not using birth control says "It never even crossed my mind" that she could be pregnant, I conclude that she is a unique form of stupid. 

I have seen a surprising number of women who IMO are smart and well educated make this mistake.Often it is simply because they have too much on their  plate already. Sometimes it is because they have had a  history of infertility and just assume they can' get pregnant. Sometimes they are close to the age their mother went through menopause so they assume it is menopause rather than pregnancy. Sometimes they have many family members who went through infertility treatment and they assume they also will need medical intervention to get pregnant. Lots of reasons really. 

TL:DR sometimes the obvious is not so obvious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
9 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I have seen a surprising number of women who IMO are smart and well educated make this mistake.Often it is simply because they have too much on their  plate already. Sometimes it is because they have had a  history of infertility and just assume they can' get pregnant. Sometimes they are close to the age their mother went through menopause so they assume it is menopause rather than pregnancy. Sometimes they have many family members who went through infertility treatment and they assume they also will need medical intervention to get pregnant. Lots of reasons really. 

TL:DR sometimes the obvious is not so obvious 

I’ll give those ladies a pass. Zoo who has been impregnated by her husband umpteen times in the last two decades? Nah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
Gobsmacked
22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll give those ladies a pass. Zoo who has been impregnated by her husband umpteen times in the last two decades? Nah. 

When ever I read a sentence like this involving pp I feel nauseous :shakehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
On 2/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, Lurky said:

Going back to Zsu abandoning the swimwear business - how many money-making schemes have they launched and abandoned now?  There was all the fanfare about the preacher trading cards* and that fizzled out, and the swimwear lasted a while then stopped, now there's the cookbook... I feel like there have been a lot more I'm forgetting, too, but am I right in thinking this is a pattern?  Is it that they start something then get bored, or are only aiming at a short run of something they can sell to their cult-members, then drop and move onto the next thing?

(*And now I'm doubting my sanity...  did this happen, or did I dream it?)

Of course she's pregnant as PP is trying to cross the Atlantic again.  Mind you, his timing's off, as he seems to like to time his holidays for when she's especially pregnant and needing his help and support.  I'd love it for him to be pre-emptively banned from Ireland, Denmark and, was it the Netherlands?  I know he'd deliberately picked some of the most liberal European cities, and I stand by my prediction that he's hoping to get there, then get kicked out, but I hope he just gets banned after he's booked non-refundable flights.  

I'm still confused over her basically implying it was a surprise because they weren't having sex, but maybe they actually had to (horror of horrors) share beds in the rental properties?  Though the way I imagine PP, I'd bet he was staying in a lovely bachelor pad  rather than with the family, because reasons....

It’s becayse Zsu basically only intends to market to her following and cult members. I don’t think she ever intends to do the work to get her product out to a larger audience or keep it going, but she has a built in market who are almost forced to buy every new product, so she just goes after those easy sales before shifting her focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurky
57 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

It’s becayse Zsu basically only intends to market to her following and cult members. I don’t think she ever intends to do the work to get her product out to a larger audience or keep it going, but she has a built in market who are almost forced to buy every new product, so she just goes after those easy sales before shifting her focus. 

It does make sense, and they seem to have lucked out on attracting followers with disposable income like this, but I'm surprised they haven't gone full prosperity gospel. Though I suppose good prosperity types are positive most of the time, and the whole PP brand is built around virulent hate, which every few months is turned on one of their own, so they've probably already hit their maximum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
On 2/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, Hisey said:

Oh, I'm interested! One of the reasons I'm terrified of colonoscopy is that I've been told the sedation "erases your memory." It freaks me out to have something done that I will not be able to remember. How could I decide whether to do it again?

What you remember or don't remember depends on the drugs you are given. I'm sure every anesthesiologist has their preferred drug, but you can always arrange to talk to them ahead of time and discuss the kind of experience you want. (For a brief description of one of mine, search this thread for the phrase "local access cable".

You do it again, and again, and again, typically every 5 years until you are 75, not because you remember it being a great experience but because you really, really do not want to have colon cancer when it is so easy to detect when it's treatable. I know a few people who are living with colon cancer. One, who is not yet 40 and whose cancer was already metastasized to her liver when it was discovered, is on her umpteenth round of chemo. She at least has the excuse that she didn't have health insurance for many years. The other is a man who is both old enough and smart enough to know better, who never had a colonoscopy because "he doesn't like needles".

It's the prep that's unpleasant because no one wants to spend 12 hours shitting, but lay in a supply of cottonelle wipes and some vaseline to smear on your poor little anus after you go and you'll be fine. Oh, and do not let the pharmacy mix  that little packet of lemon-flavored saccharine into your jug of Golightly. I though that was the thing that made the laxative so nasty. Pour the basic Golightly over lots of ice, chug it down through a straw, and it will probably stay down. Just do it.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
On 2/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, nausicaa said:

Thank you for this. There seems to be a lot of misinformation being spread on both sides of this issue. The decrease in fertility in one's forties is steep, meaning four or five years makes a huge difference, unlike in one's twenties. So getting pregnant at age 40/41 is not "rare," but getting pregnant and carrying to term naturally at age 45/46 is. 

I've read that the real reason for fertility problems in one's late 30's/40's is infertility, period. IOW, many women who start trying to conceive when they were older were already infertile in their 20's, which is why their birth control worked so perfectly all those years.

Anecdotally, I was 40 when I conceived my youngest, my mother was 41, and her mother was 42. We were all in our mid-50's before we stopped having periods. On the other side of my family, an aunt who didn't marry until she was in her early 40's still managed to conceive and bear two children without any complications. One of my best friends was 42 when she conceived her first and only child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meee
5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I've read that the real reason for fertility problems in one's late 30's/40's is infertility, period. IOW, many women who start trying to conceive when they were older were already infertile in their 20's, which is why their birth control worked so perfectly all those years.

Anecdotally, I was 40 when I conceived my youngest, my mother was 41, and her mother was 42. We were all in our mid-50's before we stopped having periods. On the other side of my family, an aunt who didn't marry until she was in her early 40's still managed to conceive and bear two children without any complications. One of my best friends was 42 when she conceived her first and only child. 

Uhhh...everyone I know who only started trying to conceive in their late thirties was celibate before then.

  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aggravated
onekidanddone
On 2/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, Lurky said:

  I'd love it for him to be pre-emptively banned from Ireland, Denmark and, was it the Netherlands

I'd like him to be banned from the U.S.A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike
11 hours ago, meee said:

Uhhh...everyone I know who only started trying to conceive in their late thirties was celibate before then.

Hmmm. My parents didn’t have me until my mother was 40 and they had been married for 12 years.  They had originally not wanted children but changed their minds.  Luckily, when they decided to have kids, they had little problem conceiving. And I have a younger sibling, too.  There are many reasons people don’t start trying until later, even when in committed and sexual relationships*.

*as much as I don’t want to think about it, I am fairly sure my parents were not celibate leading up to my conception.  I am not going to ask. 

(Sorry if I’m taking this too literally and missing a joke?)

One more thing - my mom had mentioned that they’d been open to another two, but it “didn’t happen”.  Guys, I found a calendar from after my sibligs birth with basal temps and asterisks on certain days.  Agh!!  :brain-bleach: For the record, though there were no issues conceiving after 40, seems she was unable to after having my bro at almost 42 (and nursed for 6m as well, so there’s that)

Edited by OhNoNike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meee
10 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Hmmm. My parents didn’t have me until my mother was 40 and they had been married for 12 years.  They had originally not wanted children but changed their minds.  Luckily, when they decided to have kids, they had little problem conceiving. And I have a younger sibling, too.  There are many reasons people don’t start trying until later, even when in committed and sexual relationships*.

*as much as I don’t want to think about it, I am fairly sure my parents were not celibate leading up to my conception.  I am not going to ask. 

(Sorry if I’m taking this too literally and missing a joke?)

One more thing - my mom had mentioned that they’d been open to another two, but it “didn’t happen”.  Guys, I found a calendar from after my sibligs birth with basal temps and asterisks on certain days.  Agh!!  :brain-bleach: For the record, though there were no issues conceiving after 40, seems she was unable to after having my bro at almost 42 (and nursed for 6m as well, so there’s that)

I'm not joking, I'm responding to the idea that people who are infertile in their late 30s were already infertile in their 20s and that's why their birth control worked. And I'm saying that's not the case in people I know, because they weren't even married until their late 30s so they had no idea whether they were fertile or not until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
keen23
2 hours ago, meee said:

I'm not joking, I'm responding to the idea that people who are infertile in their late 30s were already infertile in their 20s and that's why their birth control worked. And I'm saying that's not the case in people I know, because they weren't even married until their late 30s so they had no idea whether they were fertile or not until then.

That might be regional bias.

Many of my high school/college friends did not get married until their 30's and many of them did not have children until 35+. There were a few abortions, and everyone was on the Pill since our teens (but, as we know, the Pill isn't 100% effective). They were not celibate for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3splenty
19 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

What you remember or don't remember depends on the drugs you are given. I'm sure every anesthesiologist has their preferred drug, but you can always arrange to talk to them ahead of time and discuss the kind of experience you want. (For a brief description of one of mine, search this thread for the phrase "local access cable".

You do it again, and again, and again, typically every 5 years until you are 75, not because you remember it being a great experience but because you really, really do not want to have colon cancer when it is so easy to detect when it's treatable. I know a few people who are living with colon cancer. One, who is not yet 40 and whose cancer was already metastasized to her liver when it was discovered, is on her umpteenth round of chemo. She at least has the excuse that she didn't have health insurance for many years. The other is a man who is both old enough and smart enough to know better, who never had a colonoscopy because "he doesn't like needles".

It's the prep that's unpleasant because no one wants to spend 12 hours shitting, but lay in a supply of cottonelle wipes and some vaseline to smear on your poor little anus after you go and you'll be fine. Oh, and do not let the pharmacy mix  that little packet of lemon-flavored saccharine into your jug of Golightly. I though that was the thing that made the laxative so nasty. Pour the basic Golightly over lots of ice, chug it down through a straw, and it will probably stay down. Just do it.

My mom went to her doctor after a hypoglycemic episode and mentioned blood in her stool.  Doc ordered a colonoscopy, insurance said it had only been 4 years from her last one and denied it.  Doc was persistent and Mom got the colonoscopy, where they discovered the cancer.  After a bowel resection, she's cancer-free.  

I had my first colonoscopy at 35 due to Mom's cancer.  My doc had me do a prep of Miralax, yellow Gatorade and dulcolax tabs.  It wasn't horrible, just unpleasant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spanger

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if I was missing something, but not trying to conceive =/= celibate, not by a long shot.  Lol.  There’s always the old gem of the only guaranteed birth control is celibacy, but in this day and age, there are LOTS of options for preventing unwanted pregnancies other than remaining a virgin.  

Maybe TMI, but my birth control is just NFP, and I’ve been successful with that for over 15 years (OMG, I’m really that old now?!).  I’d be open to having a child if it should happen, so maybe I’m secretly quiverfull, but I haven’t had any troubles not getting pregnant either with a little pre-planning, so...  I could be infertile too, I guess, could have always been.  I won’t really know unless I ever decide to start ACTUALLY trying.  But I know I’m not the only mid-30s person out there that has yet to actively try to conceive a child, and I promise you that many/most of the people in my position are not celibate virgins.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hisey
14 minutes ago, Spanger said:

I haven’t had any troubles not getting pregnant either with a little pre-planning, so...  I could be infertile too, I guess, could have always been.

Or your partner be infertile (I'm assuming you are married). We had no trouble avoiding pregnancy for many years. When we tried to have a baby in our late thirties, we discovered my husband was infertile (zero sperm count). More than likely, we wasted a lot of money on birth control.

Edited by Hisey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
OldFadedStar

I was married for just short of 9 years before I got pregnant with baby number one which is currently on the way. 

I was on Nuvaring from 2009-mid 2017. I got off the nuvaring because the hormones started making me crazy. We did a style of NFP for a year then stopped preventing at all and boom! First month with no protection, pregnant after having had sex without getting pregnant successfully for 9 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spanger

That’s true, my partner may also be infertile.  I realize now that my post might have sounded as if I only meant that I would be the infertile one, but I meant everything more in a “we” sense (just stated it poorly.)

My condolences go out to any one who is struggling or has struggled with fertility issues in any regards.  It’s a tough place to be.  I wish you all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
18 hours ago, meee said:

Uhhh...everyone I know who only started trying to conceive in their late thirties was celibate before then.

I don't know anyone who was celibate into their thirties! Including the fundies I grew up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×