IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

I think Elizabeth will sew her own dress, and can see her using a dress pattern like this

1914Afternoonweb.jpg

I actually think that would be lovely! The dress you post is made to be loose on the person wearing it. Because of this, I think it looks very nice. However frumpy fundies are known for taking a dress that is not meant to be loose, and altering it in such a way, that it just looks poorly fitted and unattractive on the person wearing it. I’m pretty much positive that’s what’s going to happen in Elizabeth’s case. When her brothers married two sisters a few years ago, the dresses were quite baggy. They weren’t meant to be. And the dresses did not look good. They would have looked much nicer in dresses that fit properly. 

• Upvote 3

The newly married Parfitts are going to visit his adoptive family in Papua New Guinea. He has learned a local language Tok Pisin on several visits there already, and feels the burden to be called to minister there.

BUT before they do, they are returning to Bowie Texas so that Stacy can do the same course that he did at the BBTI in linguistic principles,  cross cultural communication  and biblical translation.While she is doing this he is helping out at the institute and raising funds from local churches to enable them to mission in PNG.

He has previously missioned in England and she in Greenland. What can you say?!

Re the photo of the dress for Elizabeth I think we may see a higher neckline, but I thought this would look good on her and give her figure a bit of fullness without being too baggy! We shall see.

Edited by Sops2
Added content
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

I think Elizabeth will sew her own dress, and can see her using a dress pattern like this

1914Afternoonweb.jpg

This is a lovely dress and I hope she gets to wear something similar if the wedding takes place this summer.  But I wouldn't be surprised if she chose something with a high neckline and very plain, just based on what we've seen pictured on the family blog.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

The newly married Parfitts are going to visit his adoptive family in Papua New Guinea. He has learned a local language Tok Pisin on several visits there already, and feels the burden to be called to minister there.

BUT before they do, they are returning to Bowie Texas so that Stacy can do the same course that he did at the BBTI in linguistic principles,  cross cultural communication  and biblical translation.While she is doing this he is helping out at the institute and raising funds from local churches to enable them to mission in PNG.

He has previously missioned in England and she in Greenland. What can you say?!

PNG. Wow. The capitol is widely considered to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/stories-45654549/port-moresby-the-world-s-most-dangerous-city-to-be-a-woman

https://safetravel.govt.nz/papua-new-guinea

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

11 hours ago, VVV said:

The "how we met" and "how we got engaged" stories are full of wow. https://reeseandstacy.com/ Bonus frumper pics galore.

Wasn't it the Parfitt family that shunned their oldest son after he came out? 

Yes.  They shunned him very nastily.

But, Rufus, the snark potential in Reece and Stacy's story.

"I am 4 of 10 and he is 5 of 8.  We will assimilate on July 5th and become the ReeceParfittBorg!  Soon we will become the MissionaryParfittBorg to Papua New Guinea.  Lower your shields and surrender your faith. We will suppress your religious and cultural distinctiveness to our own. Your faith will adapt to service us.  Resistance is futile.”

Their story is about as exciting and romantic as watching paint dry.  And Reece should meet Joshua Bontrager to have a manly duel for the title of most conceited and judgmental little Fundie of 2019. 

Bibles for two at dawn!  Closed book test.  Stand 20 paces apart at throw texts about marriage at each other.  First one to miss his turn or get a text wrong loses!  

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

So Reese plans to take his sheltered bride into one of the most violent parts of the world?  How did he get that one past her dad in the betrothal negotiations?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

"I am 4 of 10 and he is 5 of 8.  We will assimilate on July 5th and become the ReeceParfittBorg!  Soon we will become the MissionaryParfittBorg to Papua New Guinea.  Lower your shields and surrender your faith. We will suppress your religious and cultural distinctiveness to our own. Your faith will adapt to service us.  Resistance is futile.”

Thank you for this, I really needed a good laugh!

Yours,

1 of 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, petrushka said:

So Reese plans to take his sheltered bride into one of the most violent parts of the world?  How did he get that one past her dad in the betrothal negotiations?

They are traveling for Jesus. It’s all good.

• Upvote 2

I missed the part where they got to know each other, other than a few  family visits and yada yada something laid on Reece's heart. 

It seems like it was all planned by God & Reece and Stacy was suddenly surprised by an engagement ring. 

Random source on the internet with an alternate take on lawlessness and violence in PNG: Is Papua New Guinea really as dangerous as people say?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

missed the part where they got to know each other, other than a few  family visits and yada yada something laid on Reece's heart

It really seems like just a handful of visits, too. And Reese didn't even ask her father for her hand-- he had his pastor ask him!  Between that and the general nervousness/ vagueness I'm getting from thei account, I would guess that the two of them never even had a prolonged conversation together until after they were already engaged. 

• Upvote 11

18 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It really seems like just a handful of visits, too. And Reese didn't even ask her father for her hand-- he had his pastor ask him!  Between that and the general nervousness/ vagueness I'm getting from thei account, I would guess that the two of them never even had a prolonged conversation together until after they were already engaged. 

I always look at wedding pictures of these types of couples and I can just tell they had a long distance no touch courtship. The awkwardness is palpable ?

• I Agree 6

Annabelle Parfitt's homeschool graduation ceremony at church.

Even in a group photo Reese and Stacy can't even "cosy up" a wee bit- the biggest gap is between the two of them

2019_06_01-Saturday-with-families_0016.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Spelling
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 2:20 PM, Palimpsest said:

Bibles for two at dawn!  Closed book test.  Stand 20 paces apart at throw texts about marriage at each other.  First one to miss his turn or get a text wrong loses!  

This hypothetical duel sounds suspiciously like a Staddon-style courtship. :D 

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always look at wedding pictures of these types of couples and I can just tell they had a long distance no touch courtship. The awkwardness is palpable ?

Don't worry, they'll have plenty of time to get to know each other's hearts on that long flight to Papua New Guinea.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Don't worry, they'll have plenty of time to get to know each other's hearts on that long flight to Papua New Guinea.

Nonsense.  Reece is going to spend the whole time converting the stranger in the 3rd seat in the row.  Loudly, so that people ten rows in front and ten rows behind him can hear the Gospel.

Ma Parfitt was so proud of him for doing that on the Parfitt trip to Australia.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

There may not be a Staddon wedding this weekend.

Elizabeth is busy selling a cow

20190709_211558.jpg

Dowry $$ perhaps?

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Annabelle Parfitt's homeschool graduation ceremony at church.

Even in a group photo Reese and Stacy can't even "cosy up" a wee bit- the biggest gap is between the two of them

2019_06_01-Saturday-with-families_0016.jpg

Can't go stirring up desires that may not be righteously fulfilled.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:08 AM, VVV said:

The "how we met" and "how we got engaged" stories are full of wow. https://reeseandstacy.com/ Bonus frumper pics galore.

Wasn't it the Parfitt family that shunned their oldest son after he came out? 

That red hair!  I am so jealous!

• I Agree 2

14 hours ago, petrushka said:

Dowry $$ perhaps?

Why can't the cow move with Elizabeth (and her bees) to West Virginia?  I also would like the cow to be in the wedding ceremony, please and thank you.  As ring bearer, perhaps.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

It's not a very well behaved cow

all the more reason for it to be in this wedding. I want frisky cows, bee puns by the bucketload, and frumpers galore

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Cake topper?

Cute, but eeeww--I don't want strands of burlap anywhere near my frosting!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic